• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
but really though, fuck the medics. Don't revive me unless I'm protecting a spot (assassination, cap/hold, search/retrieve on CC).

Yeah it's fucking annoying when my spawn is RIGHT THERE and I could have spawned with full ammo facing the right way but instead I get revived and shot down in two seconds.
Indifferent2.gif

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Sorry. My PS3 has been dead for a couple of months. will be buying the Slim soonish tho and then back into KZ2 :)

YeH BOI.

Hero Kings Revival!

We played some KZ2 yesterday man, it was great fun. It was hardly clusterfuck, either D:

Az

FFObsessed said:
Sorry. My PS3 has been dead for a couple of months. will be buying the Slim soonish tho and then back into KZ2 :)

oo well I saw you not being on for 30+ days so I thought you changed your PSN id...
better get that slim asap, i only got like 2-3 kz2 buddies left.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
A few months ago, I picked up KZ1 and KZL in anticipation of KZ2. I finished up KZ1 pretty quickly, and liked it rather more than I was expecting to. KZL pissed me off to no end, so I basically ignored it until my recent 2 week trip overseas, during which I finished all 4 campaign chapters, patched and downloaded chapter 5, finished that, got all the money, and gold medals on all of the challenges!

A little while ago, I finally unwrapped KZ2, patched up to v1.29, and started up the campaign. Cool opening, so far.

ZeroRay

Mejilan said:
A few months ago, I picked up KZ1 and KZL in anticipation of KZ2. I finished up KZ1 pretty quickly, and liked it rather more than I was expecting to. KZL pissed me off to no end, so I basically ignored it until my recent 2 week trip overseas, during which I finished all 4 campaign chapters, patched and downloaded chapter 5, finished that, got all the money, and gold medals on all of the challenges!

A little while ago, I finally unwrapped KZ2, patched up to v1.29, and started up the campaign. Cool opening, so far.

I thought the first part of the game was pretty good but nothing compared to the awesomeness of the second half, minus the last room in the game.

Rikyfree

alr1ghtstart said:
but really though, fuck the medics. Don't revive me unless I'm protecting a spot (assassination, cap/hold, search/retrieve on CC).
You obviously weren't playing with the Super Medic.... (hint: that's me).

Question: PUG games have completely devolved into rocket/grenade spam to the point where it's too irritating for me to play.

Am I missing something?

icechai

Rapping Granny said:
WTF?? just popped this in just for the shit n giggles, and it clicked again, I am fucking addicted now. sheeeeettttt I am back!

o wow no way :p time to kill you again hehehe, when MAG beta is down that is... :D

At the poster above: shoot for the head and use boost a lot when that happens. Or join friendly fire server, its a lot better with that option turned on.

ChryZ

Facism said:
We played some KZ2 yesterday man, it was great fun. It was hardly clusterfuck, either D:
When? Dave, Negaiido, JardeL and myself rocked Helghan last night too. Quite successfully so, props guys.

I haven't played in weeks and was pretty surprised how quickly the rust came off. Good times :D

ChryZ said:
When? Dave, Negaiido, JardeL and myself rocked Helghan last night too. Quite successfully so, props guys.

I haven't played in weeks and was pretty surprised how quickly the rust came off. Good times :D
Right, when I get my slim I'm adding you, FFO, Jardel, Facism and anyone else who's in the same timezone as me. The rest of the VGEvo guys end up playing at around 3am BST; I need some people to play with at a good time of the day.

Also, to whoever was asking for a good montage/frag video, this one's pretty nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TocRAIVpoXQ

dazed808

Internet Celebrity said:
Right, when I get my slim I'm adding you, FFO, Jardel, Facism and anyone else who's in the same timezone as me. The rest of the VGEvo guys end up playing at around 3am BST; I need some people to play with at a good time of the day.

Check out the list on the OP of the Euro thread. It hasn't been updated in an age
Raist u fired
but a few of us listed as officers still play, as well as some of the others in the main list below it.

Az

I had to quit playing last night since every game I got in was so one sided. Hate when the opposite team gets so close to our spawn that you are not able to leave yours. Spawn-die-spawn-lucky kill- die.
I still love this game though, I guess ill just have to start playing on servers with less players on.

10dollas

Banned
Is this game now beginning to die? I was on last night and several nights before at around 10 pm est. During of which there was only a total of ~15 games available. Which is much less then I have ever seen at the time.

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:

Also, to whoever was asking for a good montage/frag video, this one's pretty nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TocRAIVpoXQ

Damn the game still looks so much fun :lol Must... play... KZ2!

Sure! Add away!

KZObsessed

Thrakier said:
With whom?

Raist entered into a binding verbal contract that he'll return.
Live wants to play.
I'll drag Cagen back by the testicles if I have to.
My true love Lince will return.
You???
Rick, Dave, Neg, Viper, Chryz still play.
Americans!

I havn't seen delicious Bacon around tho...

KZObsessed

Firewire said:
I thought I saw you logged on last night for a bit. I figured you broke down and got the slim already?

I was at my brothers place, so I logged onto his. Havn't seen the Slim out in the UK yet. Soon tho... sooooooooon.

Bad_Boy said:
I just replayed the single player, and my god...the high precision patch is amazing. The difference is awesome.

How big of a difference did this patch make in the MP? I thought the SP was fine, but could never really get into the MP because of the way the game controlled.

VASPER

Banned
Killzone 2 is sooo sweet im a little late to the party but online is still really good.
Im down for some gaf play i have no mic (Mcknight7)

Fenderputty said:
How big of a difference did this patch make in the MP? I thought the SP was fine, but could never really get into the MP because of the way the game controlled.

The deadzones are gone (to clarify, deadzones are what people thought was input lag).

whitehawk

Banned
So I just tried this game at a friends house. And well.. It wasn't fun at all. Sure the visuals were pretty damn good, but it wasn't fun at all.

I'm disappointed.

dorkimoe

ok havent played in about a month or 2. Im gonna play today and go for my next rank haha.

I quit after i got medic

I never even made it to the awesome classes :(

whitehawk said:
So I just tried this game at a friends house. And well.. It wasn't fun at all. Sure the visuals were pretty damn good, but it wasn't fun at all.

I'm disappointed.

What didn't you like about it? Maybe you already jumped with the more advanced classes since your friend was already playing it before and got owned?

CrankyJay

Banned
I played KZ2 pretty hardcore online a few months back but got busy with house stuff once the weather got nice. Thinking of re-joining but would like to play with other GAFers. Is there still an eastern time zone contingent?

FFObsessed said:
Sure! Add away!

dazed808 said:
Check out the list on the OP of the Euro thread. It hasn't been updated in an age
Raist u fired
but a few of us listed as officers still play, as well as some of the others in the main list below it.
Will do tomorrow after I get my 60GB repaired. I won't be online again (with any luck) until Tuesday though, let's hope CEX are stupid enough to take my US console :lol

Yeah yeah, I know I should eBay/classifieds it. I would if I could.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Raist entered into a binding verbal contract that he'll return.
Live wants to play.
I'll drag Cagen back by the testicles if I have to.
My true love Lince will return.
You???
Rick, Dave, Neg, Viper, Chryz still play.
Americans!

I havn't seen delicious Bacon around tho...

I r no american.
Indifferent2.gif

whitehawk

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
What didn't you like about it? Maybe you already jumped with the more advanced classes since your friend was already playing it before and got owned?
I played the demo. There was nothing special about it. I'd probably rent it and beat it, but I doubt I would play it at all after that. The controls weren't sharp, and it sort of felt like an interactive movie. Which could have been a good thing, but too much was focused on the movie part, not enough on the game play.

Thrakier

Internet Celebrity said:
Will do tomorrow after I get my 60GB repaired. I won't be online again (with any luck) until Tuesday though, let's hope CEX are stupid enough to take my US console :lol

Yeah yeah, I know I should eBay/classifieds it. I would if I could.

Don't repair a YLOD. Don't do it. Never. It will die again. And again. And again. Buy a slim and forget your 60gig.

Lost every match tonight,I can blame it on these major flaws that should have been fixed months ago such as spawn killing, unbalanced teams, overpowered shotgun and everyone whoring it, death lag seems to be back from the beta, and of course NOW IT TAKES A FUCKING DECADE FOR THE DAMN GAME TO LOAD UP.

My point is that Guerilla is fucking retarted and everytime they touch the MP, they end up making it worse. And I hope KZ3 is getting developed by someone else right now, anyone except for GG, hell I'll take the fucking Resistance team.

Top Bottom