• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Mr. Sam

Played KZ2 for the first time today on my new PS3. I've got to say, I'm very impressed - despite having to keep changing the control configuration every ten seconds at first.

JayDub

Mr. Sam said:
Played KZ2 for the first time today on my new PS3. I've got to say, I'm very impressed - despite having to keep changing the control configuration every ten seconds at first.

I thought I was the only one! :lol What configuration do you use? Specifically, did you keep messing with the sensitivity? I cant seem to get mines just right..

Thrakier

Fucking Vodafone! I won't get my internet before september 22. Normally I should have gotten it today, but those fuckers pushed the date back. THREE WEEKS! WTF!

Kittonwy

Banned
Put me in coach, Ima ready to play today.
Indifferent2.gif

jett

D-Member
Man I just finished a campaign playthrough of this game in HD, spectacular stuff. Also, did they "fix" the Radec fight? Rico didn't die once, which was completely out of character. :p

Mr. Sam

JayDub said:
I thought I was the only one! :lol What configuration do you use?

I believe I'm currently on Alternate 2. L1 is zoom. I hate having to click a thumbstick into zoom. It just doesn't work for me in the heat of battle.

Specifically, did you keep messing with the sensitivity?

Yep. I think I've got it to a good level right now. It's high, but it's not maxed out.

On another note, was I the only thrown by the fact that the Helghast speak in cockney accents, yet spout phrases like "I shit you not"? Made me laugh when a Helghast went to chuck a grenade at me, yelling "This is a gift from the emperor!", then dropped it at his own feet - "Aw, shit!"

Kittonwy

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
I believe I'm currently on Alternate 2. L1 is zoom. I hate having to click a thumbstick into zoom. It just doesn't work for me in the heat of battle.

Yep. I think I've got it to a good level right now. It's high, but it's not maxed out.

On another note, was I the only thrown by the fact that the Helghast speak in cockney accents, yet spout phrases like "I shit you not"? Made me laugh when a Helghast went to chuck a grenade at me, yelling "This is a gift from the emperor!", then dropped it at his own feet - "Aw, shit!"

Alt 2 is great, L1 toggle zoom works well, beats having to hold L1 but shooting from the hip works well enough for anything within medium range anyway, I think I have sensitivity set at +1 or +2, AR is an awesome weapon even for out-sniping scouts with sniper rifles.
KlintIndifference.gif

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
I can, since I don't even want to be in the clan :lol

Woohoo, we (VGE0) just won our ninth consecutive game! We're still unbeaten, maybe you guys should try and end our streak :O
Get your act together!!
http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=7728363&kz_file_id=9029178

Nice! I'm afraid we wouldn't be much challenge for you right now. Two months out of practice. Plus the last couple of clan games we had we couldn't get enough regular players together and that was before we stopped playing for ages :(

I think if Raist and Cagen come back we should be alright. Because the rest of us would mostly be able to play. And we have the US guys now so maybe we could get something going. :)

Amir0x

Banned
You know the gunplay is ok but jesus christ the graphics never let up. The game could play like liquefied shit and I would still love to get through it, just for the goddamn experience. Jesus christ.

Thankfully I enjoy the gameplay enough as well, but those graphics... FUCK ME

Amir0x said:
You know the gunplay is ok but jesus christ the graphics never let up. The game could play like liquefied shit and I would still love to get through it, just for the goddamn experience. Jesus christ.

Wow Amir and you praised the hell out of Uncharted 2. :lol

agaru

I know what you mean Amir. I spent hundreds of hours on this game, yet I still get genuinely impressed by the visuals whenever I jump in every now and then for a few games. They never get old. I can't even imagine how KZ3 would look like.

Amir0x said:

Wait WTF, who are you and what have you done with my favorite drug-addled moderator?

UnluckyKate said:
FInaly able to try KZ2's MP. Pretty fun. But I'm enduring a lot of " connexion to host lost " then online game ending brutaly. Pretty anoying when I got a couple of ribbons on the go.
PSN games in general are extremely sensitive to network usage, I find. If I have a stray torrent going on my PC it pretty much kills my PS3's ability to connect to PSN at all, much less get a game connection.

Amir0x

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
Wait WTF, who are you and what have you done with my favorite drug-addled moderator?

This game looks astounding. I call 'em like I see 'em! I don't have Crysis, but outside of that game, this is THE best looking console title ever made by a long country mile.

I keep looking for faults... the guns are made out of like five trillion polygons, tons of post processing effects everywhere, great lighting, destructibility, the persistent pounding nature of the war around you. The so-called "theatre of war" is so captivatingly pulled off that I can't look away even for a second. The fidelity is impressively high. Character models are good throughout, very little cut corners. The sheer variety of death animations provide the visceral impact my bullets should be making.

I've certainly played many FPS where the guns were more satisfying to shoot and weren't as floaty, but I've not played any console FPS that looked as good as this before. Most games aren't even damn attempting to do what this did in the console space.

It's just fucking shockingly beautiful

bdouble

Its the consistency Amirox. Usually its one or two things that stick out in a game but something like KZ2 doesn't have that. Everything is up to the same level from the lighting, animations, textures. Looks so good.

jax (old)

Banned
Amir0x said:
This game looks astounding. I call 'em like I see 'em! I don't have Crysis, but outside of that game, this is THE best looking console title ever made by a long country mile.

I keep looking for faults... the guns are made out of like five trillion polygons, tons of post processing effects everywhere, great lighting, destructibility, the persistent pounding nature of the war around you. The so-called "theatre of war" is so captivatingly pulled off that I can't look away even for a second. The fidelity is impressively high. Character models are good throughout, very little cut corners. The sheer variety of death animations provide the visceral impact my bullets should be making.

I've certainly played many FPS where the guns were more satisfying to shoot and weren't as floaty, but I've not played any console FPS that looked as good as this before. Most games aren't even damn attempting to do what this did in the console space.

It's just fucking shockingly beautiful

wait til you get til the latter stages. No spoiler but some of it is like "fuck this is amazing". the
bridge assault and desert levels
were all kinds of amazing.

+

How are the KZ2 sales. I mean the engine is up and running. I'd love a sequel. I'd buy it day one.

Winterblink said:
PSN games in general are extremely sensitive to network usage, I find. If I have a stray torrent going on my PC it pretty much kills my PS3's ability to connect to PSN at all, much less get a game connection.

I played a lot a Resistance, R2 and Motorstorm online and never face issues like in KZ2...

KZObsessed

First 3 games back in the online didn't go too badly, better than I expected anyway:

1st: 23-7
2nd 26-6
3rd 145-82 (lol?)

Last game was really close, we just lost due to poor defending on Assassination Defend. Was fun tho, god I missed this sexy bitch of a game.

What I would give to have dedicated servers tho... as lag was still pretty significant in these games.

edit: game just froze on the menu great! I think KZ2 must be the major cause of PS3 malfunction :p

TheFatOne

Man this game is so hard when you have a shitty team. I don't understand why someone would mess up spawn points. We could have made a comeback if some asshole didn't fuck up the spawn rotation/placement. That game was crazy. I felt like I had to do everything. I had to watch the catwalks, protect the spawns, kill the people who are planting, put bots down, etc... The team was pretty shitty as well. One guy was decent and the rest couldn't shoot at all. How the hell did we lose that game.

Playing on a shitty team in this game is probably the worst online experience you can ever have...ever.

And no that ain't no hyperbole.

Also, sorry to Kitton, I tried to stay up but I was just too tired.

Kittonwy

Banned
Shit Lyulf you sure picked the game, fucking noob tacticians taking every single fucking spawns and putting them BACKWARDS, I can't believe we ended up playing with such a bunch of god damn motherfucking morons, good god.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
For CC, all you have to do is control the top and you can pretty much dominate. No one was setting bots down anywhere. I had to drop a bot, fix the turret, die, change class, drop airbot, repeat.

Then the game after that, it was worse. The whole team sucked. Opposite team would switch from base camping to spawn camping to base camping, etc.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Man this game is so hard when you have a shitty team. I don't understand why someone would mess up spawn points. We could have made a comeback if some asshole didn't fuck up the spawn rotation/placement. That game was crazy. I felt like I had to do everything. I had to watch the catwalks, protect the spawns, kill the people who are planting, put bots down, etc... The team was pretty shitty as well. One guy was decent and the rest couldn't shoot at all. How the hell did we lose that game.

I swear to god I would fucking punch that motherfucker in the fucking face, we HAD that S&D defence won, the motherfucker saw me put down one spawn, took the other spawn, move up 5 feet where you're more likely to get shot and turned it 180 so people spawn with their backs to the enemies, I tried voting him out but I couldn't.

I SWEAR TO GOD I WOULD FUCKING PUNCH THAT MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FUCKING FACE. FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER.
Indifferent2.gif

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
Shit Lyulf you sure picked the game, fucking noob tacticians taking every single fucking spawns and putting them BACKWARDS, I can't believe we ended up playing with such a bunch of god damn motherfucking morons, good god.
Indifferent2.gif

There is so server where I can select only smart people. I hate how I can't tell how long the games are. Its all a crapshoot when you pick a game. I just picked a game with the settings I liked and hoped for the best. I think I am just going to start my own games from now on.

alr1ghtstart said:
For CC, all you have to do is control the top and you can pretty much dominate. No one was setting bots down anywhere. I had to drop a bot, fix the turret, die, change class, drop airbot, repeat.

Then the game after that, it was worse. The whole team sucked. Opposite team would switch from base camping to spawn camping to base camping, etc.

I was there helping you out, but every time I put a bot down it was shot down immediately. I dominated that team kill for kill. I was using boost instead of repair or the air bots because I could clear the rooms . The only problem was that our team wouldn't spawn in when we had the chance. The only people putting bots down were you and me. Two people trying to control the top is never going to work.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:

We were playing with fucking idiots who threw spawns facing the wrong way, clogging up the doorways, shooting at people while the whole time there were people behind them camping, it was fucking sad, I've never played with such stupid people in my entire life.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I had 4 full bots + 2 full airbots available during S&D Defend. That should not happen. Either they were all complete noobs with no badges, or they were just dumbfucks not doing anything worthwhile.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
We were playing with fucking idiots who threw spawns facing the wrong way, clogging up the doorways, shooting at people while the whole time there were people behind them camping, it was fucking sad, I've never played with such stupid people in my entire life.
Indifferent2.gif

The only other person that is that stupid is AJ. Yea that game sucked. It was just a frustrating game.

alr1ghtstart said:
I had 4 full bots + 2 full airbots available during S&D Defend. That should not happen. Either they were all complete noobs with no badges, or they were just dumbfucks not doing anything worthwhile.

I had to control the catwalks so every bot I placed there was destroyed immediately. I did a good job stopping them from coming from above. The problem came when I left the catwalks to try and kill the guys planting instead of tossing grenades down.

Top Bottom