• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Firewire

Banned
Amir0x said:
This game looks astounding. I call 'em like I see 'em! I don't have Crysis, but outside of that game, this is THE best looking console title ever made by a long country mile.

I keep looking for faults... the guns are made out of like five trillion polygons, tons of post processing effects everywhere, great lighting, destructibility, the persistent pounding nature of the war around you. The so-called "theatre of war" is so captivatingly pulled off that I can't look away even for a second. The fidelity is impressively high. Character models are good throughout, very little cut corners. The sheer variety of death animations provide the visceral impact my bullets should be making.

I've certainly played many FPS where the guns were more satisfying to shoot and weren't as floaty, but I've not played any console FPS that looked as good as this before. Most games aren't even damn attempting to do what this did in the console space.

It's just fucking shockingly beautiful

:O

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I had 4 full bots + 2 full airbots available during S&D Defend. That should not happen. Either they were all complete noobs with no badges, or they were just dumbfucks not doing anything worthwhile.

I so wanted to stone cold stunner every single one of those god damn morons.
Indifferent2.gif

Internet Celebrity said:
I can, since I don't even want to be in the clan :lol

Woohoo, we (VGE0) just won our ninth consecutive game! We're still unbeaten, maybe you guys should try and end our streak :O
Get your act together!!
http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=7728363&kz_file_id=9029178

Hey! Nice one.

My clan would definitely be interested in a match some time. My clan name is Better Than Halo.

I'll maybe send you a challenge soon for next weekend.

Edit: You're not RC are you? A few of us were in a game with him. (Clan tag [8/10])
He's pretty good. ^_^

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Hey! Nice one.

My clan would definitely be interested in a match some time. My clan name is Better Than Halo.

I'll maybe send you a challenge soon for next weekend.

Edit: You're not RC are you? A few of us were in a game with him. (Clan tag [8/10])
He's pretty good. ^_^
:D
Sorry for moaning so much in the second game, I was getting really pissed off with lag on my end.
Shoot me a PSN message, although you guys are pretty skilled so I'll have to assimilate my A-Team for the match ;)

ggs Rick, despite the fucking retarded tacticians permanently using up our spawns and THROWING THEM ALL BACKWARDS >:-(

Internet Celebrity said:
:D
Sorry for moaning so much in the second game, I was getting really pissed off with lag on my end.
Shoot me a PSN message, although you guys are pretty skilled so I'll have to assimilate my A-Team for the match ;)

ggs Rick, despite the fucking retarded tacticians permanently using up our spawns and THROWING THEM ALL BACKWARDS >:-(

We all have a wee moan about lag. In straty's case, a huge moan. ^_^

Bring on teh A team. :D

JSnake

So I got this game along with my PS3 the other night. My PSN ID is Hexjackal. I'm not very good but I'm really enjoying the game. How do I go about joining the GAF clan?

FFObsessed said:
So this rc94 is a bit of a legend is he?

I'll have to avoid you while I'm still getting back into things o_O

:p
Oh come on, I'm not that awesome (well...maybe).

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
We all have a wee moan about lag. In straty's case, a huge moan. ^_^

Bring on teh A team. :D
Straty is a fuckin beast, he went something like 100-20 in that game?! I remember hearing a lovely Irish voice somewhere in there, I'm assuming that's you. What's your PSN, JohnnyM60?

Also, organising stuff takes a while with my clan, the little bitches. :lol (just kidding guys...)

dazed808

Internet Celebrity said:

yeah well played RC, you were the only other person who knew what they were doing, tho my performance made me look like I never played the game before - shocking!.
Did turn it round on that last SM game tho - finished top with 44-14 and managed to take those rocket-spamming cunts out a good few times:D

FFObsessed said:
So this rc94 is a bit of a legend is he?

I'll have to avoid you while I'm still getting back into things o_O

The man knows which way round to hold a rifle for sure - definitely some competition for ya there mate ;)

dazed808 said:
yeah well played RC, you were the only other person who knew what they were doing, tho my performance made me look like I never played the game before - shocking!.
Did turn it round on that last SM game tho - finished top with 44-14 and managed to take those rocket-spamming cunts out a good few times:D
As I said, everyone has bad games from time to time, but 44-14 ain't bad by any means. Looks like I was your unlucky charm :p

God that guy was annoying as hell. Fuck him, he has no right to laugh after using that overpowered POS. I guess swearing at him repeatedly did the job, even though we were speaking completely different languages. :lol

Shinraven

finally finished it a couple of nights ago. beautiful game. wow. such details. great job.

wish it was longer but I know it's asking alot

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
The man knows which way round to hold a rifle for sure - definitely some competition for ya there mate ;)

Looks like we may have to steal him. I'll work him over with ma charms *bashes eyelashes*

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Yup. I'm the Irish one.

GAF hate the Irish. :D

roy-keane4-415x275.jpg

FFObsessed said:
Looks like we may have to steal him. I'll work him over with ma charms *bashes eyelashes*
Don't, you're making me blush! ^_^

Sorry I couldn't play tonight, but I suppose it doesn't matter since all you could talk about was Lince :mad:

icechai

Melfice7 said:
fuck the shotgun fuck it fuck fuck fuck it! the most annoying overpowered piece of crap weapon online

72dnip.jpg

nah that would be the magnum. And i'm a culprit for using it, but i'm not exactly going to shotgun a sniper across salamun market :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Damn laggy japanese players. I couldn't aim for shit those first few games. Can you not kick someone out of a squad if you're the leader? I was trying to make room but couldn't find the option to kick.

icechai

alr1ghtstart said:
Damn laggy japanese players. I couldn't aim for shit those first few games. Can you not kick someone out of a squad if you're the leader? I was trying to make room but couldn't find the option to kick.

one of the many UI problems they've never addressed :p

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
1st: 23-7
2nd 26-6
3rd 145-82 (lol?)

not bad my friend... after 3 months of not touching a DualShock controller and just playing handhelds while in holidays my first KZ2 games yesterday where fucking terrible, I forgot the controls, got motion sickness, lagged my ass to the wrong places everytime, embarrassing :lol a shadow of the Lince that made it to the top 100 back in May-June... but I will never back down or surrender !! we shall play together tonight remember?

Just finished playing some multiplayer with a buddy, why the hell do I have to keep hearing people outside of my squad? Is this meant to be happening or is just not fixed yet, it drives me up the wall! Great game when you get back into the swing of things, it can be brutal when you jump back in.

test_account

XP-39C²
According to the in-game Killzone 2 leaderboard there are now over 1.5 million registered users in the leaderboard, which is a pretty good number in my opinion :) Some people might have several of usernames in the leaderboards though (concidering that it is no problem to create several of PSN accounts), but i would guess that most of the usernames in the Killzone 2 leaderboards are unique users at least, that one username only belongs to one person.

Shurs

test_account said:
According to the in-game Killzone 2 leaderboard there are now over 1.5 million registered users in the leaderboard, which is a pretty good number in my opinion :) Some people might have several of usernames in the leaderboards though (concidering that it is no problem to create several of PSN accounts), but i would guess that most of the usernames in the Killzone 2 leaderboards are unique users at least, that one username only belongs to one person.

I'd wager that there are a lot more people who haven't taken their game online, and aren't on the leaderboard, than people who have multiple usernames.

That is a ridiculous set up, other than having a leader to spawn on the squads are useless. I go in a squad because I want to play with friends, not to have that interrupted by constant static or gibberish.

Rikyfree

MikeDub said:
That is a ridiculous set up, other than having a leader to spawn on the squads are useless. I go in a squad because I want to play with friends, not to have that interrupted by constant static or gibberish.
Mute option, bud, trust me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
gg then guys. Apparently Rick is a robot and doesn't need to sleep but I am human! :p
Did you got a PS3 Slim ?

Rikyfree said:
Mute option, bud, trust me.

That is what I have been doing but I thought maybe I was missing something. Even that is frustrating to do, once you hit the square button to choose the option if the person moves in the leader board it doesn't follow them but the person who replaces them (You guys are probably aware of that though) It's just the little things that really nag me after coming from something on xbl.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MikeDub said:

not really. If you are shooting at a guy at close range in real life, he'll be able to hear your commands to your teammates.

alr1ghtstart said:
not really. If you are shooting at a guy at close range in real life, he'll be able to hear your commands to your teammates.

In reality yeah but it's not something that is practical during the game. Especially when you get a cluster of people in one place.

test_account

XP-39C²
Shurs said:
I'd wager that there are a lot more people who haven't taken their game online, and aren't on the leaderboard, than people who have multiple usernames.
Ye, i agree :) There are probably several of people who bought Killzone 2 that havnt tried the online multiplayer yet and therefor they arent registered in the leaderboard as you say. I wonder how much Killzone 2 has sold now. Going by the leaderboard, i would guess that maybe 1.75 million copies or so have been sold worldwide so far.

morlock

test_account said:
Ye, i agree :) There are probably several of people who bought Killzone 2 that havnt tried the online multiplayer yet and therefor they arent registered in the leaderboard as you say. I wonder how much Killzone 2 has sold now. Going by the leaderboard, i would guess that maybe 1.75 million copies or so have been sold worldwide so far.
vghcartz says 1,85 million total sales. If that is, or your numbers are correct then it would mean that 81-85% of the players played online at least once. Sounds abit high to me. Hard to say though how many copies are rented or sold used.

Thrakier

Lince said:
I'd imagine this comment has to do with your FFO enfatuation?

No, there is no elephantuation for FFO anymore. Only rage. I'm crying because fucking vodafone is too dumb to give me ma internet! I have to wait at least another three weeks till I can join ze fun. :(

JSnake

JSnake said:
So I got this game along with my PS3 the other night. My PSN ID is Hexjackal. I'm not very good but I'm really enjoying the game. How do I go about joining the GAF clan?

Can anyone answer my question for me? ;)

Top Bottom