• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
JSnake said:
Can anyone answer my question for me? ;)

Raist is clan leader.
Indifferent2.gif

ChryZ said:
Hey, we played a few minutes ago. It was fun. You guys are competent.
Competent?! :mad: You may refer to my minions as "gods" or "emperors" if you are atheistically inclined. :D

Yeah, sorry I had to leave suddenly, I could smell my dinner burning. It tasted smokey, kinda like charcoal.
I had a good streak going at the beginning, but I kinda lost it after that. We should definitely try and get some proper games in on the weekend, hopefully FFO, Rick and some other yuros can join us.

ChryZ

Internet Celebrity said:
Competent?! :mad: You may refer to my minions as "gods" or "emperors" if you are atheistically inclined. :D
Dude, I was rusty crusty and still took the #1 spot. I'm entitled to call them whatever I want :p

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=7774008&kz_file_id=9110846

Internet Celebrity said:
Yeah, sorry I had to leave suddenly, I could smell my dinner burning. It tasted smokey, kinda like charcoal.
I had a good streak going at the beginning, but I kinda lost it after that. We should definitely try and get some proper games in on the weekend, hopefully FFO, Rick and some other yuros can join us.
I'd be up for that.

Rikyfree

Internet Celebrity said:

I'z not euroz, but u iz on! :lol

Lince

Banned
had a couple of great games with vintage GAFe (FFO, Rick, Viper, Dave, Jardel...) I'm getting motion sickness with the damn game so I'm taking my return easy. I'll be on again tonight.

test_account

XP-39C²
MikeDub said:
That is what I have been doing but I thought maybe I was missing something. Even that is frustrating to do, once you hit the square button to choose the option if the person moves in the leader board it doesn't follow them but the person who replaces them (You guys are probably aware of that though) It's just the little things that really nag me after coming from something on xbl.
I actually didnt know about that if you mute someone and they move up in the leader board, then another person will be mute before i saw you said this :) I have played Killzone 2 for maybe 270 hours and i think i have used the muting options maybe 4-5 times in total. I have hardly used a headset though because i havnt had a headset for my PS3 (i recently bought a headset for my PS3 though), so maybe that is why i havnt felt the need to mute that many people? After using the headset i know that it can be more annoying when i get the sound of people talking directly into my air through the headset.

But does this happend often though? That people moves up in the leader board when you try to mute them. It only takes about 1-2 second to mute someone. I tried it earlier and i had to wait for maybe 30 seconds or so before i saw someone moved up in the leader board. I only tried to mute in one game though and when i tried it was maybe halfway through the game as well. I can see that it might be a bigger problem earlier in the game when every person has 0 points. But hopefully this wont be something that happend often, since i can understand that it can be a thing that can be a bit annyoing, especially if it happends often, i agree :)

I wonder why the people who are selected arent muted if they move up or down in the leader board. I wonder if the same happends if a grief report is sent. Maybe the wrong person gets a grief report because of this hehe :\

morlock said:
vghcartz says 1,85 million total sales. If that is, or your numbers are correct then it would mean that 81-85% of the players played online at least once. Sounds abit high to me. Hard to say though how many copies are rented or sold used.
Ye, that is a good point, i didnt think about this. 81-85% players who have played online might seems a bit high as you say, i agree. Maybe Killzone 2 has sold something closer to 2 million copies instead? There have probably been sold some used copies and some pople have probably rented Killzone 2 as well as you say, so it might be hard to see how many people who have bought Killzone 2 just by looking at the leaderboard, i agree. Maybe Sony will give out some sales numbers when they post their next finance numbers (or waht they are called) :)

icechai

MikeDub said:
That is a ridiculous set up, other than having a leader to spawn on the squads are useless. I go in a squad because I want to play with friends, not to have that interrupted by constant static or gibberish.

squads are great because you can talk amongst your friends wherever you are on the map.
Vicinity talk is great so you can trash talk people that you kill. Or hear them moan about how much they lag and how lucky you are (right Lyulf? :p)

JB1981

Fired up the SP campaign for an elite run and my god, this game is so fucking amazing looking. In fact, I think it looks much better than Uncharted 2. It is so much better looking than every other PS3 game that I don't even know how it's possible that the game looks like it does. The fucking lighting is just fucking ridiculous.

ACE 1991

JB1981 said:
Fired up the SP campaign for an elite run and my god, this game is so fucking amazing looking. In fact, I think it looks much better than Uncharted 2. It is so much better looking than every other PS3 game that I don't even know how it's possible that the game looks like it does. The fucking lighting is just fucking ridiculous.

The lighting was my favorite part of the engine.

TheFatOne

icechai said:
squads are great because you can talk amongst your friends wherever you are on the map.
Vicinity talk is great so you can trash talk people that you kill. Or hear them moan about how much they lag and how lucky you are (right Lyulf? :p)

Go fuck yourself ;)

dork

Banned
played yesterday for the first time in MONTHS

really enjoyed it, did pretty good

picked up some machine gun and tore fools up

cant wait till i unlock new classes, right now its everyone using shotguns and the main assault rifle

icechai

dork said:
played yesterday for the first time in MONTHS

really enjoyed it, did pretty good

picked up some machine gun and tore fools up

cant wait till i unlock new classes, right now its everyone using shotguns and the main assault rifle

considering 1 class only gets shotgun and is the only class with turret bots, and 2 other classes only get assault rifle, and are the only classes that can revive or put spawns... you pretty much have your game right there. Saboteurs are not necessary, and people play them just to break repetition or for kicks, and Snipers are not as useful in smaller matches. Assault breaks everything so a lot of games disable that.

Yup, KZ2 is pretty much just 3 real loadouts, and it still rocks!

I play Sab because the disguise still works, people can see through it but it does still cause ppl to pause and hesitate slightly giving us the edge... and the SMG rocks.

icechai

Rapping Granny said:
We should do a Clan cleanup, delete ome people that don't play anymore.

yeah, I think Kitton should have a pretty good idea of the American GAFers who haven't played, between him, JardeL, and FFO (or other Euro GAFers, those are the only 2 that really play when us non Euros are on), they should be able to get a list of at least 10 players to send to Raist to kick... get on it please, for the sake of the clan requests in this thread the past few weeks :)

HoRNS456

Banned
It really sucks Europe got Killzone 2 as a Platinum Hit (aka Greatest Hits), but NA doesn't.

I still can't find the game for $30 any where!

ACE 1991

icechai said:
yeah, I think Kitton should have a pretty good idea of the American GAFers who haven't played, between him, JardeL, and FFO (or other Euro GAFers, those are the only 2 that really play when us non Euros are on), they should be able to get a list of at least 10 players to send to Raist to kick... get on it please, for the sake of the clan requests in this thread the past few weeks :)

I'm still waiting on my invite from Raist... He said he'd invite me two days ago =/ Not sure if he has forgotten, or just been busy with other things.

ACE 1991

HoRNS456 said:
It really sucks Europe got Killzone 2 as a Platinum Hit (aka Greatest Hits), but NA doesn't.

I still can't find the game for $30 any where!

Do some ebay hunting. I got my copy of KZ2 two months ago for around $34 shipped.

Kittonwy

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
I play Sab because the disguise still works, people can see through it but it does still cause ppl to pause and hesitate slightly giving us the edge... and the SMG rocks.

Sab disguise does not work, the pew pew rifle is awesome tho. Sabs are great for teh pew pew riflez.
angry.gif

ACE 1991 said:
I'm still waiting on my invite from Raist... He said he'd invite me two days ago =/ Not sure if he has forgotten, or just been busy with other things.

ahhh yes, im still waiting to get a clan invite too. I mean, I try playing with you guys, but its such a pain that 1 out of 10 games I am on the same team as GAF. Its just not fun not being able to strategize with everyone.

Lagspike_exe said:

I kinda love the way you bump into the same players all the time in public games.

Beaten both [POL] and [CCS] in clan matches. :D

Maybe it's a sign that there's not a lot of people playing. But amongst the obvious cunts, KZ has an awesome little community.

Patriotsbball5460 said:
I think he is referring to the 6-2 score..

Indeed I am.

-viper- said:
Yep it was. I was awful though. D:

I can't remember the score of each individual player, but I clearly remember my hype from successful survival as an assassination target being shattered by immense RAGE because the retarded tactician didn't manage to deploy a usable spawn point for us to kill the target in the last, deciding, 7th round. I lost my voice thanks to Corinth and incapable tacticians. :lol

KZObsessed

ACE 1991 said:

TrAcEr_x90 said:
ahhh yes, im still waiting to get a clan invite too. I mean, I try playing with you guys, but its such a pain that 1 out of 10 games I am on the same team as GAF. Its just not fun not being able to strategize with everyone.

You know there's only 61 ppl in the clan (max is 64) which means any Officer can invite you. Hell, kittonwy could have done it all this time! :p I'll probably be playing 2moro (gonna play Valkyria tonight :p) so I'll add you two then.

I also just checked our Clan activity rating:

Overall clan activity index
This index gives an indication of how active a clan is. The higher the index, the more active the clan.

:lol :lol

I'll probably join some small free tournaments next week so Lince & I can get some practice against some n00b clans so we'll be at least semi decent when we play some real clan games :lol

We can discuss then how to get this joke of clan back into the swing of things! :p

FFObsessed said:
You know there's only 61 ppl in the clan (max is 64) which means any Officer can invite you. Hell, kittonwy could have done it all this time! :p I'll probably be playing 2moro (gonna play Valkyria tonight :p) so I'll add you two then.

I'll probably join some small free tournaments next week so Lince & I can get some practice against some n00b clans so we'll be at least semi decent when we play some real clan games :lol

We can discuss then how to get this joke of clan back into the swing of things! :p

sounds good! should i check in game or on the killzone 2 site to accept a clan invite?

Facism

FFObsessed said:

Sounds good. Jardel, Dave and I were rocking hard last night. I'll be down for some small tournies, 6v6 or something.

ACE 1991

FFObsessed said:

I will do inappropriate things for that invite.... Or Raist could just invite me =P

Top Bottom