• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ACE 1991

FFObsessed said:
I'm going to sleep now kitton, but I'll be playing 2moro night for sure.

^^ Will send those two clan invites 2moro as well!

Awesome! I hope to play with you all this weekend, in that case.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG Lemm.
KlintIndifference.gif

FFObsessed said:
I'll probably join some small free tournaments next week so Lince & I can get some practice against some n00b clans so we'll be at least semi decent when we play some real clan games :lol

We can discuss then how to get this joke of clan back into the swing of things! :p
Join some on the weekend, and I'll be sure to sign my clan up too. We can consider that something of a friendly game. :)

Also, are any of you guys gonna be on at 4:30pm-late? I'll be hosting VGEvo KZ2 Fridays tonight, so if you want to join our server you're perfectly welcome. We should get a handful of players at the start, but it really picks up later on.

Add me on PSN - rc94.

KZObsessed

Sent invites to:

TrAcEr_x90
aceedkins
Prawn_Sniper

:)

^^ do you mean 4:30 am late? I just got on now, gonna play for a couple of hours, will probably go to sleep before 4:30 tho.

Niblet

Any newbie-friendly GAFers willing to play with me? Just got Killzone 2 today and I want to jump in. I have a mic.

PSN: Pilliwinks

ACE 1991

Niblet said:
Any newbie-friendly GAFers willing to play with me? Just got Killzone 2 today and I want to jump in. I have a mic.

PSN: Pilliwinks

I just joined GAFe, and I'm a fairly low rank, so I'll play with you.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
imtehman said:
i'm bout to pick up killzone 2, is it safe for me to play it without ever touching killzone 1?

It's the perfect place to start, The only reason it wouldn't be is if you cared for the plot in FPS's. Fortunately, the Killzone series doesn't put much emphasis on grand narratives and character development, so you're probably better jumping into the series at it's current peak.

Niblet

I played a few hours tonight and I had such a blast. Great game.

Oh I forgot to ask earlier if anyone can provide me with any Killzone 2 strategy sites to accelerator my learning. Info such as weapon stats, hot spots on maps, callouts, explanation on the pro/con of the classes, badge guide, etc. This badge system is easily understood, but I cant seem to find a list of badges on how they are obtained.

FYI I play medic :D but I noticed no other medics during my games. Granted I was playing on a beginners only server, but I saw a few engineers which I know is unlocked after medic seeing as how I only have medic so far. I understand if it isn't your style, but at the very least run it during the beginning ranks as you dont have much other options. If you want to run shotgun, go nuts, but for the people using Assault Rifles I don't get why they don't roll medic until something better comes along.

P.S.: How do I accept squad requests. I was squad leader and someone wanted to join in. I press select and go to squad, but all I see is the list of all the squads with no way to accept invites. Is it time sensitive? If so that is VERY inconvenient in a game where you are likely to be in a gunfight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Niblet said:
P.S.: How do I accept squad requests. I was squad leader and someone wanted to join in. I press select and go to squad, but all I see is the list of all the squads with no way to accept invites. Is it time sensitive? If so that is VERY inconvenient in a game where you are likely to be in a gunfight.

There should be a list to the far right of the Squads screen listing people still "on their own", with icons indicating those you have sent an invite to as well as those who asked to join.

You simply select and confirm there.

In your case, if he didn't show up on the list, perhaps he joined another Squad while waiting for your approval. Or left the game altogether.

And no, there is no time limit involved.

As for your request about suggestions, hints and stuff, you might want to visit the official tutorial pages (which are STILL hidden in the NEWS section despite there being a FAQ one.)
http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_category=Tutorials

Okay, just got this game in store, not platinium at 25 €.

I'm halfway trough it. I'm really enjoying it. GREAT athmosphere, nice cover-and-shoot system... MANY trophies :D

Realy a great game.

Niblet

TTP said:
There should be a list to the far right of the Squads screen listing people still "on their own", with icons indicating those you have sent an invite to as well as those who asked to join.

You simply select and confirm there.

In your case, if he didn't show up on the list, perhaps he joined another Squad while waiting for your approval. Or left the game altogether.

And no, there is no time limit involved.

As for your request about suggestions, hints and stuff, you might want to visit the official tutorial pages (which are STILL hidden in the NEWS section despite there being a FAQ one.)
http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_category=Tutorials

Thank you for that info. It is irksome how unintuitive it is, but I learn. I really dislike how their website is setup. I can't find what is relevant without some dirt on my hands. Thanks for showing me where the tutorial stuff was. Hell even MGO, as god awful as their website is, had tutorial links on the front page.

How deep is clan support in this game? Coming from the 360, the only game I played with "Clan" support was CoD4 and that materialized as nothing but a tag. I guess next logical question is who has room in their clan for medic? :D

Niblet said:
Thank you for that info. It is irksome how unintuitive it is, but I learn. I really dislike how their website is setup. I can't find what is relevant without some dirt on my hands. Thanks for showing me where the tutorial stuff was. Hell even MGO, as god awful as their website is, had tutorial links on the front page.

How deep is clan support in this game? Coming from the 360, the only game I played with "Clan" support was CoD4 and that materialized as nothing but a tag. I guess next logical question is who has room in their clan for medic? :D

The clan support is extremely deep. I really can't think of a game which has better clan support than Killzone 2.

Everything from clan setup games, to tournaments and web site support... it's nearly flawless.

JB1981

Do you fellas still play this game? If you are playing tonight and could send me a message on PSN or an invite to the clan, that would be awesome. I would love to get in on some good organized GAF action again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
Do you fellas still play this game? If you are playing tonight and could send me a message on PSN or an invite to the clan, that would be awesome. I would love to get in on some good organized GAF action again.

Try asking here as well.

Dibbz

I want to start making videos and gifs of Killzone since the game looks so good. How do I manage to get my gifs lower in filesize since this one here is about 6MB and it's doesn't look half as good as the gif's in the OP.

BTW I did optimise it before uploading it but I'm using a very old version of Jasc Animation Shop to make the gifs.

3913378637_cf4f7d9e03_o.gif

I got the Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle recently, and all the maps are amazing. They were well worth the money. Just wish it was easier to get the Bolt Gun and the Flamethrower, but oh well. One day, one day, I will get them both and get the trophies, hopefully.

Zen

Banned
One thing I wish Killzone 2 had would be just a nice environment multiplayer map. It's a great game but everything is SO bleak and hostile that it can kind of feel like an endurance to play sometimes, almost too oppressive. I want just ONE idyllic location with blue skies. :lol

As I said earlier, got this game a week ago. Just finished it, but I must confess the end disapointed me a lot... When
Visari
starts talking I was hoping a great scenario move / end twist... but this ?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, this is my only disapointment...
Killzone 3 ?

What do you think about the ending ?

icechai

JonStark said:
As I said earlier, got this game a week ago. Just finished it, but I must confess the end disapointed me a lot... When
Visari
starts talking I was hoping a great scenario move / end twist... but this ?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, this is my only disapointment...
Killzone 3 ?

What do you think about the ending ?

yeah, think disappointment of the story was the general consensus for most people who finished this game. They didn't even spell out the history for you before the game (even though the website has a brilliant backstory). Oh well hope they learned a bit for KZ3 single player.

I'm so angry right now, I was about to throw my controller against my TV when it said for the 15th time tonight " error 4512 - disconnected for the server " after I earned several ribbons...

I'm TOTALY PISSED to play such a good game but not being able to grind my way and reach medals because one match on two ends by me being disconnected by error 4512. How come, after 21 hours playing KZ2 (amazing) MP, I'm not even, half to the medal because I can't end games and earn ribbons.

I'm so pissed because never, I endured connexion issued. Resistance 2 worked fine. BF BC worked fine. BF 1943 works fine. But Killzone 2 is just spitting some shitty netcode to my face.

After several games tonigh, it feels like once I earned a ribbon (assassinated a target or planted 2 charges in R&D, or killed 5 dudes with C4) the game JUST kicks me out of the server FOR FUN. And when I'm hitting back the lobby, the server is still up, but the stats aren't sendable anymore cause I " left " the game already...

I'm so done with this.

Heading back to play LAIR.

Dibbz

OK so I finally got some better software to make gifs now. Here's a few more of the new map Souljva(?) Village. The lighting is just so immense on this map. Looks better than the SP version by miles.

3920626025_b4617766dc_o.gif

3920627023_83eb476f83_o.gif

3920624145_a0c874c2d4_o.gif

TheFatOne

Sorry guys my connection is all fucked up when I play Killzone 2. Especially today I kept freezing and disconnecting so I am not going to play anymore.

Rikyfree

TheFatOne said:
Sorry guys my connection is all fucked up when I play Killzone 2. Especially today I kept freezing and disconnecting so I am not going to play anymore.
I tried playing that one game with you guys, but I just CANNOT stand blood gracht. That map pisses me off more than any other in my history of playing games.

TheFatOne

UnluckyKate said:
I'm so angry right now, I was about to throw my controller against my TV when it said for the 15th time tonight " error 4512 - disconnected for the server " after I earned several ribbons...

I'm TOTALY PISSED to play such a good game but not being able to grind my way and reach medals because one match on two ends by me being disconnected by error 4512. How come, after 21 hours playing KZ2 (amazing) MP, I'm not even, half to the medal because I can't end games and earn ribbons.

I'm so pissed because never, I endured connexion issued. Resistance 2 worked fine. BF BC worked fine. BF 1943 works fine. But Killzone 2 is just spitting some shitty netcode to my face.

After several games tonigh, it feels like once I earned a ribbon (assassinated a target or planted 2 charges in R&D, or killed 5 dudes with C4) the game JUST kicks me out of the server FOR FUN. And when I'm hitting back the lobby, the server is still up, but the stats aren't sendable anymore cause I " left " the game already...

I'm so done with this.

Heading back to play LAIR.

Yea Killzone 2 multiplayer just has a lot of issues. The base multiplayer is fun, but the many issues just keep popping up the longer you play.

-viper-

Banned
TheFatOne said:
yeah i would recommend upgrading your 56k connection to something more worthwhile.

KZObsessed

Full Recovery said:
are there going to be any more map packs? because I've been thinking about playing again and purchasing the map bundle.

I think that's it now. Just the 3 packs. If you want to join the Universal GAF clan, I think Raist will have to free up a space. But he's planning to do that anyway I think.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I got on at around 10:30 Lince, think I just missed you noooooo! No KZ2 tonight then?

tomorrow it is, I was playing Folklore waiting for you and by 10:25 I got a phone call and had to leave. Yesterday night I could have played with GAFe King Live (Facism) but I was so pissed about something related to Uni that I had to spare some adrenaline blasting asteroids in Stardust HD for 3 hours...

and KZ2 still looks fantastic, I've been replaying the campaign these days and the wow factor is still intact, tremendous achievement what Guerrilla accomplished without using the PS3 hard disk. I hope Resistance 3 could benefit from Sony tech-share (they're not first party right?) and take the best of Uncharted and Killzone engines... *drools*

KZObsessed

Lince said:
tomorrow it is, I was playing Folklore waiting for you and by 10:25 I got a phone call and had to leave. Yesterday night I could have played with GAFe King Live (Facism) but I was so pissed about something related to Uni that I had to spare some adrenaline blasting asteroids in Stardust HD for 3 hours...

and KZ2 still looks fantastic, I've been replaying the campaign these days and the wow factor is still intact, tremendous achievement what Guerrilla accomplished without using the PS3 hard disk. I hope Resistance 3 could benefit from Sony tech-share (they're not first party right?) and take the best of Uncharted and Killzone engines... *drools*

ok tomorrow is fine! Sorry I was late, forgot the football was on! :p

I replayed the SP on hard with no crosshair recently and it was still awesome. Graphics still took me back in places and the game was just pure fun, even a third time through. I think the cruiser level might be my favorite level. Felt like a real invasion. I think with KZ3 they can do a much better job tho. They need to really make something special with the next one.

Just had some really good matches online then... 32 player... on Tharsis... I was quite surprised. :lol A few people were warping but there wasn't much overall lag. Must have had a good host, was a US game as well. Finished top with 58-8! 6-0! nice nice yes yes! Half my kills were with the M4 :lol Which is good because when I first came back I couldn't hit anything with it so I've improved since then. Ready for some free tournaments whenever you want to try some. We'll probably be quite poor at small games but they're best for practice! And I think we had the most fun in those kind of games. :)

icechai

o suck, no more kz2 for me for a bit, samsung lcd died. will try some soldering on power supply end of week but arghhh, now i'm suffering from FFO syndrome x_x

imtehman

Banned
sO yea, i picked this and MGS4 up.

Started Killzone 2 first, love the graphics (lots of blur though that shit hurts my eyes) but holy shit am i not accustomed to the controller and the controls.

After about 10-15 minutes i couldn't keep going so i started MGS4.

WoW MGS4 i'm at
the place where Meryl and Snake just seperated in Act1
and i can't get myself off of the game.

Will come back to KZ2 later in the weekend

KZObsessed

GG on Radec last night Kitton! Easy win
KlintIndifference.gif

icechai said:
o suck, no more kz2 for me for a bit, samsung lcd died. will try some soldering on power supply end of week but arghhh, now i'm suffering from FFO syndrome x_x

My disease it spreads! mwahaha!

Sorry to hear that :(

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
We dominated like GAFe KINGZ.
Indifferent2.gif

Me and Crush "teh Legend" Dance just had a pretty epic long game. 3-2 down, we just managed to win S&D attack and then finished off with an Assassination attack win. How unfortunate for them. mwahahaa!
KlintIndifference.gif

Just need one more trophy for KZ2 perfection now. Playing the map packs just then made me wish Guerrilla had given us something a bit more substantial in regards to DLC. Maybe a new co-op mode or even some SP stuff rather than just a few map packs. Treat the game like a platform like Burnout Paradise, but I guess that's only a viable option if you don't plan on bringing out a sequel anytime soon. As much as I'd like that stuff I would rather they put all their effort and resources into just making a KILLZONE 3, which they are doing, so no big deal. It's nice to want things tho. :p

i miss Tiddles :(

KZObsessed

Eric Boltjes (lead online game designer) just posted a question on the KZ2 forums:

If there was one thing you would want us to fix in Killzone 2, what would it be?
You’re only allowed to post one thing!
Please note this isn’t a list of things we are going to fix... I am merely taking stock!

Listed so far:
- Limit people to their own region (EU, US, etc.)
- General lag
- Rocket launcher detonation times
- Do something about the cheaters (lag switches, etc.)

For me it would definitely be "General Lag" certainly not limit people to their own region!

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Eric Boltjes (lead online game designer) just posted a question on the KZ2 forums:

If there was one thing you would want us to fix in Killzone 2, what would it be?
You’re only allowed to post one thing!
Please note this isn’t a list of things we are going to fix... I am merely taking stock!

Listed so far:
- Limit people to their own region (EU, US, etc.)
- General lag
- Rocket launcher detonation times
- Do something about the cheaters (lag switches, etc.)

For me it would definitely be "General Lag" certainly not limit people to their own region!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Just one thing

Edit: Man I can easily list 5-10 things they need to fix, and that is off the top of my head.

Map Imbalances
Lag
Double Deaths
Class Imbalances
Boost
32 player cluster fucks
The slide show when you play in 32 player games (frame rates drops)
More Better Weapons
The impossible head shots from bots
Bigger more balanced maps
No respawn mode (More game modes)
More classes
Smoke Grenades and the electric grenades (should have been in mp)

Top Bottom