• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Wow... That's an impressive ad and the fact they are going to release the program as proof for download... Sony is finally getting a handle on how to handle the internet fanboys.

I can only imagine the amount of chaos we would be getting posted all over the place about how this ad is 'bullshot'.... except we are getting an actual download of the ad to run on the PS3 in March.

Raist said:
While the ad itself is good, I really think it's a terrible mistake to not have shown any gameplay footage. People are going to think "yeah that's nice and all, cutscenes or whatever, bullshit all over again. The game probably doesn't look as good. Pass" or whatever.
'

Do people complain about this shit in the Gears of War threads? Those ads are all CG.

I've noticed how these ads are all in slow-mo. Now wouldn't it be nice if, after completing the game, there was a slow-mo cheat so you could play the game and see all that detail. You miss so much when playing the game. I want the chance to see it all (a video capture would be nice too - straight onto the PS3 HDD).

SSM25

Kittonwy said:
RWAR PERFECTED TRES PARA LA VIDA.
KlintIndifference.gif

EL TRES RIFA PARA SIEMPRE

thaOwner

SuperSonic1305 said:
'

Do people complain about this shit in the Gears of War threads? Those ads are all CG.
You mean "Did people complain about this shit in the Gears of War thread ? Those ads were all CG" ? If so, then yes, I agree with you . There wasn't that many complains.

I liked the ad, I think the sound design was fantastic. I'm intrigued buy the whole PSN version with commentary and camera control, I think that's a pretty damn idea.

I went to my local meijer earlier this evening, about 5:30 and they already had Killzone 2 on the shelves ready for purchase. I picked up four copies total :D , all for fellow PS3 buddies who have been anxiously awaiting this game.

My local GameStop does not have it, which is no surprise, but my local Wal-Mart did not either, so I'm unsure if it was just my local Meijer that is selling it or if it is the whole chain.

I will post pictures later this evening.

Edit: I live in a small town outside Cincinnati, OH called Hamilton if that helps anyone.

jmonteiro

Awesome Ad... hope the game sells according to Sony's expectations so that they continue to advertise at least their own 1st party titles :D

Mik2121

Damn, now I hate living in Japan and having to wait for just Play-Asia to sell the game instead of being able to go around checking other stores for an earlier release :(

Nizz

rootdaemon said:
I went to my local meijer earlier this evening, about 5:30 and they already had Killzone 2 on the shelves ready for purchase. I picked up four copies total :D , all for fellow PS3 buddies who have been anxiously awaiting this game.

My local GameStop does not have it, which is no surprise, but my local Wal-Mart did not either, so I'm unsure if it was just my local Meijer that is selling it or if it is the whole chain.

Edit: I live in a small town outside Cincinnati, OH called Hamilton if that helps anyone.
Congrats, man!

icechai

Slackbladder said:
I've noticed how these ads are all in slow-mo. Now wouldn't it be nice if, after completing the game, there was a slow-mo cheat so you could play the game and see all that detail. You miss so much when playing the game. I want the chance to see it all (a video capture would be nice too - straight onto the PS3 HDD).

Agree! Take some tips from Uncharted's unlockables, some great bonus stuff there to make you want to play again and again (slow mo, fast mo, filters, etc.)

Dante

rootdaemon said:

Damn that's awesome, I wonder if I should try my luck on the way home tonight.

-viper-

Banned
RoboPlato said:
It's Killzone 2. All in-engine. The bullets/camera angles are the only thing different from gameplay.
I know it uses the current Killzone 2 engine, but nothing in the game (that I've seen with my own eyes) has looked that good.

I thought Killzone 2 looked great, but the visuals in that ad blow absolutely everything away.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
-viper- said:
I know it uses the current Killzone 2 engine, but nothing in the game (that I've seen with my own eyes) has looked that good.

I thought Killzone 2 looked great, but the visuals in that ad blow absolutely everything away.
I've only played the demo but aside from the amount of stuff going on it didn't seem touched up at all. If you look at the screen grabs you can tell the the gun and character models are the same, the textures are definitely the in-game ones. The environment might be higher res, I can't tell.

Ephemeris

rootdaemon said:

Awesome news. Won't be long now.

thaOwner

Cerberus said:
Awesome ad. Love the tagline at the end.
Agreed. I think it was a swipe to all the reviewers who were bitching about how this game did not reinvent the wheel. The tag line basically means, it took something and made it
perfect.

Kittonwy

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
The ad is absolutely perfect for the market sony is going after.
It doesn't need to show actual gameplay it just needs to provide a hook
which it definitely has. Its designed to get people talking.

Nobody can tell me that the Gears ad's were weak cause they didn't show
"gameplay" or clarify exactly what the game was about.

The Killzone 2 ad is exciting, beautiful to look at and just mysterious enough.
Job well done I say.

I can't believe they're going to have a PLAYABLE version of the ad in March, if only they can patch the game to be able to pause it during gameplay and pan the camera around.
KlintIndifference.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-viper- said:
Killzone 3 visuals? Believe!

:lol

it's Killzone 2 and you can play with this short "ad" on your PS3 next march brotha

PSblog said:
we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

the future is now - TREY 4 LI4E

rexor0717

Kittonwy said:
I can't believe they're going to have a PLAYABLE version of the ad in March, if only they can patch the game to be able to pause it during gameplay and pan the camera around.
KlintIndifference.gif
Words can't describe what I would do for a Wipeout-HD like photomode.

thaOwner

alr1ghtstart said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2en5g61[/IM]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/1zq6hae[/IG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2j32tl5[/IM]

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2rfyIMG]

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/jaxv1u.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/11MG][/QUOTE]
I love this shot right here. New wallpaper get.

Mik2121

Exactly my feelings. Instead of a playable ad, give me a tool for in-game replays and camera movement so I can create my own ads, plz.

thaOwner

Totobeni said:
:lol

it's Killzone 2 and you can play with this short "ad" on your PS3 next march brotha

the future is now - TREY 4 LI4E
Dont you mean, this upcoming March ? this will be pretty awesome.

vpance

Good teaser! Not a jaggy in sight from that vid though, which makes it harder to believe. But I've no doubt it's realtime for the most part.

SolidSnakex said:
Confirmed by Steinberg to be airing during UFC 95

Missing out on ad time there would be critically stupid. It's the perfect target market. Good thing they didnt.

Rikyfree

rootdaemon said:

My bro works in the distribution center. I was tempted to ask him to get a copy to *ahem* "fall off the truck"... Hell I used to work in the same center, throwing 50lb boxes in -10 degree weather, that crap SUCKED. So glad I quit.

Definity

rootdaemon said:

Congrats! KZ2 auctions are starting to pop up on ebay ready to ship. It's not going to be long now. :D

cameltoe

gaf central clan no worries...I have the Black Magic Intensity HD card, so our domination shall be captured and displayed for all to see and learn from!!

Mik2121

cameltoe said:
gaf central clan no worries...I have the Black Magic Intensity HD card, so our domination shall be captured and displayed for all to see and learn from!!
You should record some online matches for GAF vs GAF clans (there will be about 6 GAF clans, lol..)

Top Bottom