• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

dfyb

Banned
Rikyfree said:
2j30dtx.gif

:lol :lol :lol
niiice

Hahaha awesome.

BTW swedish gamesite/community gameplayer.se has reviewed Killzone 2. They gave it 9/10. Which didn´t catch my eye or anything. What did was the cons.
"Too short" (6-8 hours stated in the text)
"To easy"

I have asked what difficulty the reviewer played on. No answer yet (asked 5 mins ago so give him some time =P )

Damn that GIF is just too good! :D

Only 7 days left till it comes out in th uk, just praying i get it a day early as i have it pre ordered form play.com as game put the price back to £40 the day i went to preorder from them :(

DomUltra said:
Girlfriend was so bad ass she pre-ordered me Killzone 2 on valentines day and bought me SF4.
Hold on to her. Girlfriends that understand your gaming-need are rare. My GF bought me custommade drinking glasses with a Rune symbol from the Suikoden series for christmas.

DomUltra said:
Girlfriend was so bad ass she pre-ordered me Killzone 2 on valentines day and bought me SF4.
Nice, me and mine dont celebrate Valentines Day but luckily its my birthday on the 26th so im allowed to getmyself the game (saving for our wedding in september is really gonna slow my game buying down though :( )

DomUltra

Banned
Tenkai Star said:
Another off topic sorry.

Valentines was kinda bad this years since my gf broke a tooth and was in major pain.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. We didn't do anything above and beyond, rented BIG FISH, made custom valentines cards (geeky, I know) and well the rest is private lol.

Dirtyshubb said:
Nice, me and mine dont celebrate Valentines Day but luckily its my birthday on the 26th so im allowed to getmyself the game (saving for our wedding in september is really gonna slow my game buying down though :( )

Oh that kinda sucks, congratulations however on the marriage.

I kinda know how you feel, I'm a struggling student with some major jonesin for video games. Trying to pimp my PC out and so far that's gone as far as putting items in my shopping cart at newegg and then closing the browser lol.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
DomUltra said:

Nice. My gf is a gamer herself, so she understands my gaming needs. She got an Xbox 360 just for Fable 2. I finished it before she did :lol

jax (old)

Banned
Just left eq sydney with the ps3 killzone event at fox studios. Brought my mate long and he really enjoyed the guerilla game presentation as well as the game which is gworgeous and super fun. Just superb. Can't wait to get my hands on final retail. As lame as the button pressing to open the lighting rod to shoot it out had seemed...... it was really freaking intense and quite the ride. Wow just wow.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I was picking up SFIV today, and I see one of the guys working there unpacking a pile of Killzone 2 copies. Kinda sucked, knowing it won't be release for yet another few days :/

5tr4p0n

I played the demo and had to say that it was the best looking game I've ever seen. Technically and in terms of art direction. It looks absolutely stunning.

Then I started playing and my boner died.
I really dislike the way your view accelerates when you turn the analog stick instead of having a constant speed of scrolling. That's the biggest thing that bothers me.
The other is the annoying cover system and the sound of the weapons.

I really hope it's just a matter of getting used to it because the multiplayer looks sweet and I think that every PS3 owner will be playing it online until KZ3 comes out.

Loudninja

5tr4p0n said:
I played the demo and had to say that it was the best looking game I've ever seen. Technically and in terms of art direction. It looks absolutely stunning.

I really dislike the way your view accelerates when you turn the analog stick instead of having a constant speed of scrolling. That's the biggest thing that bothers me.

I really hope it's just a matter of getting used to it because the multiplayer looks sweet and I think that every PS3 owner will be playing it online until KZ3 comes out.

Yeah just keep at it, it may feel weird at first but you get it soon enough.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5tr4p0n said:

Exactly,KZ2 controls are different from other shooters.
Dont worry you will love it.

KZObsessed

5tr4p0n said:

What didn't you like about the sound of the weapons? I love them personally. They sound so powerful when in so many other shooters the guns feel and sound like toys.

Ploid 3.0

FFObsessed said:
What didn't you like about the sound of the weapons? I love them personally. They sound so powerful when in so many other shooters the guns feel and sound like toys.

The sound of the weapons are one of the best things about the game. I like when you reload the gun you pick up from the Helgan soldiers. It sound so stressed and rusty, good old metal grinding. Sounds so good.

5tr4p0n

The assault rifle your start with sounds too soft imo. I don't have the feeling I'm shooting with an awesome gun, because it looks awesome.

Ploid 3.0 said:
It sound so stressed and rusty, good old metal grinding. Sounds so good.

That is indeed well done. It sounds rusty and it fits really well with the scene, but I was hoping for harder gun noise.

zeloe326

5tr4p0n said:
The assault rifle your start with sounds too soft imo. I don't have the feeling I'm shooting with an awesome gun, because it looks awesome.

That is indeed well done. It sounds rusty and it fits really well with the scene, but I was hoping for harder gun noise.

KZObsessed

5tr4p0n said:

Use the Helghast assault rifle, that one really packs a punch sound wise.

Ploid 3.0

When am I supposed to get my Killzone preorder home costume? (amazon)

Edit: nvm, I see that it's a bit after the game is released. Bah.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I know I keep bringing this up, but is there any reason theres no special/collectors edition of the game? Sony waiting for a price drop/bundle or something?

Top Bottom