• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ChryZ

FFObsessed said:
Chryz & Userfriendly have been promoted to officers, simply because I see you guys playing a lot.
Well, "a lot" is a stretch for me, but yeah ... I should be on from time to time.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I have been replaying the game recently and I have notice something odd that was not happening before the little pause that happen for loading are a little longer now that I have changed my HDD 60GB to 320GB is it normal???

Steroyd

ooo ooo I want in clan pick me pick me!! ('o')/

Anyone got any good tips for trying to get 5 kills with the proximity mines? They don't seem to one hit kill when someone blows up on my mine, but not vice versa. :/

Massa

Steroyd said:

Anyone got any good tips for trying to get 5 kills with the proximity mines? They don't seem to one hit kill when someone blows up on my mine, but not vice versa. :/

Just place all three on the same spot, they're insta-kill then.

It was fun getting that medal, people really start hating you when they die on your C4 over and over again. :lol

ChryZ

Steroyd said:

I'll invite you to the clan as my first Officer action.

EDIT: "An invitation to Steroyd has been sent."

You need at least two C4 to kill a player of full health. Place them in groups, preferable high traffic routes with little grenade traffic. Stairs and floor are best.

dazed808

Steroyd said:

Took me an age to start getting regular kills with C4 but once you get the locations sorted they come flooding in. Stack them on top of each other in a doorway, along a set of stairs or head height on a wall in a tight corridor. Avoid using them in main entrances to objectives as they just get destroyed by defensive/offensive grenade spam. Chucking them onto spawn points will net you a ton of kills too but be prepared for abuse from pissed off opponents who view it as camping but all's fair game I say:D Best map is Radec as there's so many planting opportunities.

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
Took me an age to start getting regular kills with C4 but once you get the locations sorted they come flooding in. Stack them on top of each other in a doorway, along a set of stairs or head height on a wall in a tight corridor. Avoid using them in main entrances to objectives as they just get destroyed by defensive/offensive grenade spam. Chucking them onto spawn points will net you a ton of kills too but be prepared for abuse from pissed off opponents who view it as camping but all's fair game I say:D Best map is Radec as there's so many planting opportunities.

I've spotted you a ton of times cheekily lobbing them onto a spawn point :lol

Cagen

Raist said:
Done, kiddo

PS: UK sucks

God damn, when can we come down and see you?

I might actually jump back on Killzone tonight for a few terrible games, if anyone is around. Josh, I'm looking at you kid.

Lince

Banned
standing by my new clan leader...

killzone_2_trophies.jpg

GAFe's reborn !

killzone2.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Yeah, it won Overall GOTY from Gamereactor, it's won Shooter of the Year, Multiplayer GOTY, PS3 Shooter of the year, from Gamespot and IGN. Enough for a GOTY edition.

Saboteur is fine in the multiplayer. Maybe they could be given a silencer so that the dot that appears on the radar appears faded and for a shorter amount of time. Unlockable of course.

For the knife, as long as it's not one hit kill then ok. Just make it quicker than the normal melee and slightly more damage but still requires 2 hits. Get rid of boost.

Yeah, clueless.

It's nice to see it win shooter of the year in a few places. I don't think the game needs boost as it stands, unless they cut the health in half when in boost, something needed to balance out boost. Melee animation can stand to be quicker, should be three frames only. Sabs are basically useful only against people who still haven't learned how to tell a sab from a teammate, and for the pewpew rifle.

I'd better be still in teh clan. >:|

thaOwner

Can I also be in the clan ? This was my shooter of last year and have been playing it nonstop since I got it but haven't really gone on it that much since the holidays started. However, I plan to return this month when I return to school.

PSN name is - edit: in my profile.

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
standing by my new clan leader...

killzone_2_trophies.jpg

GAFe's reborn !

killzone2.jpg

But it won't be the same without me & Cagen arguing over spawn points!
Oh and us owning the GG clusterfuck tourneys.

Fake edit: Oh shit, Cagen posted! Well anytime, that is when I'm not working, which might be tricky :p

Also, wtf happened to our GAFe thread. It vanished from the online forums. :(

test_account

XP-39C²
user friendly said:
You can bet your ass I will. I say in at least 3 months. Just need to finish Dead Space and I can go back to Killzone 2.
Cool :) Ah ok, i enjoyed Dead Space, i think that it is a good game. I am looking forward to Dead Space 2 :)

FFObsessed said:
Congratz test_account! You may now dine at the legends table with Lince & I. :p

Your task for 2010 will be to get 50,000 total kills. How far away are you? ;D
Thanks! :) Hehe, nice to hear that :) Do you know how many people at GAF that has at least 100,000 points in Killzone 2?

Ye, 50,000 kills sounds like a cool goal for 2010 :) I think i got something around 31,000 or 32,000 kills now.

Thrakier said:
I'm under the table, begging for food. <3
Hehe. How many points are you missing until you reach 100,000 points?

Facism

Raist said:
But it won't be the same without me & Cagen arguing over spawn points!
Oh and us owning the GG clusterfuck tourneys.

Fake edit: Oh shit, Cagen posted! Well anytime, that is when I'm not working, which might be tricky :p

Also, wtf happened to our GAFe thread. It vanished from the online forums. :(

Don't forget you two pissing away Valor in 5am 2v2 matches against laggers :lol

GGs Dave, Chryz, Negaiido and Dubbinenglish. We played against at least 10 guys from this Japanese clan, and completely unprovoked after one of the games this guy piped up: "ehh...r...c..ninety...four? Fock you!" :lol
Thoroughly entertaining.

ChryZ

thaOwner said:
Can I also be in the clan ? This was my shooter of last year and have been playing it nonstop since I got it but haven't really gone on it that much since the holidays started. However, I plan to return this month when I return to school.

PSN name is - edit: in my profile.
Sent.

Lagspike_exe said:
I'd like an invite. :(
Sent.

You're still leader of another clan. You know that, right? :lol

ChryZ

Internet Celebrity said:
GGs Dave, Chryz, Negaiido and Dubbinenglish. We played against at least 10 guys from this Japanese clan, and completely unprovoked after one of the games this guy piped up: "ehh...r...c..ninety...four? Fock you!" :lol
Thoroughly entertaining.
Seriously, that set of games had all the drama one can ask for. Total domination, the very very close draw and the lost cause. Great fun.

ChryZ

thaOwner said:
Thank you kind sir.
This is for you new people. I only have two rules. Rule one, everyone fights. Rule two, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself. Do you get me?

I always wanted to use that, omg ... I love Starship Troopers :lol

-viper-

Banned
ChryZ said:
This is for you new people. I only have two rules. Rule one, everyone fights. Rule two, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself. Do you get me?

I always wanted to use that, omg ... I love Starship Troopers :lol
This is how I read the rules:
Rule one, everyone fights. Rule two, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll kill myself. Do you get me?

lunlunqq

I'd like to see the clan become active again. I had really good times with GAF in KZ2 online. I tried a little bit of KZ2 recently. Unfortunately, playing MW2 has deprived me of all my KZ2 skills. Now I play KZ2 like I'm drunk... :( Hopeful more time with the clan will help me get my skills back.

Internet Celebrity said:
Thoroughly entertaining.

:lol :lol

They fought a hard draw on Radec but when it came to Gracht they were hammered.

Cagen

Raist said:
I dunno what you're talking about, this never happened.
What does this joker know about our nightly love-ins?

Same goes for me on the work front, raist but I'm still up for it, josh better be too.

I'll be on shortly, after I download any updates, if anyone wants an easy target.

lunlunqq said:
I'd like to see the clan become active again. I had really good times with GAF in KZ2 online. I tried a little bit of KZ2 recently. Unfortunately, playing MW2 has deprived me of all my KZ2 skills. Now I play KZ2 like I'm drunk... :( Hopeful more time with the clan will help me get my skills back.
I came back to KZ2 today after a couple of months with MW2 and other such inferior games. I think I did OK too. :D
I had a look at your stats, and surely a player of your calibre should have no issues with getting used to the game again. ;)
Just keep playing; I guess it's down to the person, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of games to at least start doing a good job for your team.

ChryZ said:
Sent.

You're still leader of another clan. You know that, right? :lol

Yes, I know, but the clan has been pretty much abandoned since we stopped playing clan matches, though I sticked with it, so I don't play without a tag. :lol

Thank you for the invitation, I will accept it tomorrow.

Lince

Banned
epic game Cagen & Rick, we dominated 6-1 but it went forever, I believe it lasted almost 2 hours !! 30 mins each mission, insane.

Facism

Cagen said:
What does this joker know about our nightly love-ins?

Same goes for me on the work front, raist but I'm still up for it, josh better be too.

I'll be on shortly, after I download any updates, if anyone wants an easy target.

You've forgotten me already :<

Cagen

Epicly awful. Reminded me why I hated 32 player games heh. Finished 2nd after you though lince with a 2:1 k:d, not bad for my first game after 8 months or so, though I couldn't aim for shit so I have no idea what those clown shoes opponents were doing except for sucking.

... Live, I could never forget your foul mouth <3.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
Epicly awful. Reminded me why I hated 32 player games heh. Finished 2nd after you though lince with a 2:1 k:d, not bad for my first game after 8 months or so, though I couldn't aim for shit so I have no idea what those clown shoes opponents were doing except for sucking..

yes both you and Rick did great, I was so tired half way through the match that I got killed and didn't respawn for 10 mintues, I paid a quick visit to the bathroom and went eat and drink something (chocolate cookies and orange juice nom nom), that game was just too fucking long. Still I got well over 230 kills and a 3:1 ratio (the 16 guys of the other team were terrible, they were high-level players but acted as MW2 noobs, not trying to achieve anything just going for cheap kills)... unfortunately 10-16p games are hard to find these days.

KZObsessed

After a god awful day of KZ2, or at least many hours jumping from one clusterfuck lagfest to another trying to find a decent server, (and playing in one of the worst games I've ever seen) the greatest game of all time happened! With my trusty sidekick Rick808... FFO history was once again made...

275 kills 242 mission points 75 deaths with a points total of 775.5.

6-1 victory

BOW BEFORE THE NEW GAFE OVERLORD

Say it Rick!!! I COMMAND THEE TO SAY IT!!!

:p Good game Rick, hope we have better luck finding a decent server next time Lince, Live, Negaiido, Darkpen (was that your first KZ2 game? Nice, shame it was during the worst KZ2 game of aaaaaall tiiiiiime.... urgh sort this shit out for KZ3, Guerrilla.)

KZObsessed

test_account said:
Thanks! :) Hehe, nice to hear that :) Do you know how many people at GAF that has at least 100,000 points in Killzone 2?

The only ones I know of are Lince, myself and now you. A couple of people have stopped playing at 90,000 points. I'm sure there's probably one or two more that don't post much at 100k. Actually I think I remember one member saying he got to 100k a while ago, I think he lurks more than posts. Can't remember his name sorry. There's not many tho so well done. 400+ hours and still enjoying it is pretty great. KZ2 is only online game, never mind shooter, which I've been able to enjoy for so long.

Ye, 50,000 kills sounds like a cool goal for 2010 :) I think i got something around 31,000 or 32,000 kills now.

I'll race you! ;D

Kittonwy said:
It's nice to see it win shooter of the year in a few places. I don't think the game needs boost as it stands, unless they cut the health in half when in boost, something needed to balance out boost. Melee animation can stand to be quicker, should be three frames only. Sabs are basically useful only against people who still haven't learned how to tell a sab from a teammate, and for the pewpew rifle.

I'd better be still in teh clan. >:|

I like melee the way it is, you usually only get a kill with it from sneaking up behind someone or if you're close to someone reloading. When melee does more damage than bullets, which it does in most games for some strange reason, then you can't have it be too quick or it starts to become cheap like in MW2. 1 hit kill, super fast no matter what you're holding, a ton of auto-aim so a lot of the time you don't even have to hit them to get the kill, urgh.

Sabs can still be somewhat effective if you only see them in your peripheral vision, they can cause you to hesitate a split second which is all a player needs to get a kill. The problem is a lot of people just run headfirst straight at you which isn't going to make anyone hesitate, just kill them :p

And of course you're still in the clan, all the main GAFA guys are too. You're the mascot of the GAF clan, aka Team Kitton!!1!

FFObsessed said:
The only ones I know of are Lince, myself and now you. A couple of people have stopped playing at 90,000 points. I'm sure there's probably one or two more that don't post much at 100k. Actually I think I remember one member saying he got to 100k a while ago, I think he lurks more than posts.
Over on VGEvo we have 8 CiCs. Beat that shit, GAF. (and we have a community of about 1/20 the size of this one :lol)

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
After a god awful day of KZ2, or at least many hours jumping from one clusterfuck lagfest to another trying to find a decent server, (and playing in one of the worst games I've ever seen) the greatest game of all time happened! With my trusty sidekick Rick808... FFO history was once again made...

I lost 0,1% of my faith in you, that was the game I left when I noticed the radar, free wallhack for everyone! can't believe that was your greatest game of all time :lol
bring back the proper 10-14p games with the crazy Italian guys. I met Scarano again the other day in a random game and we had some true epic fights.

edit: and the vgEVo digital penis waving going on above this post yeh whatever, laggy cunts warping around eating bullets with 5-secs delay, we have 20/1 better connections than you, beat that shit. :p

KZObsessed

Lince said:
I lost 0,1% of my faith in you, that was the game I left when I noticed the radar, free wallhack for everyone! can't believe that was your greatest game of all time :lol
bring back the proper 10-14p games with the crazy Italian guys. I met Scarano again the other day in a random game and we had some true epic fights.

Actually it was the game after that, and I'm just joking, the game was terrible but at least I dominated :lol Rick was awesome, everytime I went down, bam he revived me! My guardian angel <3

The problem with 16 player games is that, not only are they hard to find, but if we join with 4-5 people it unbalances the team and is just boring. Hopefully we can find a good one tonight tho. Tell Scarano I was hurt when he deleted me :p

edit: and the vgEVo digital penis waving going on above this post yeh whatever, laggy cunts warping around eating bullets with 5-secs delay, we have 20/1 better connections than you, beat that shit. :p

I think you're thinking about V G Chartz, they're the shitty laggers. We played an old VGevo clan a long time ago and won and it was fine, but that wasn't the same as the new clan... or something I'm confused :p Is VGEvo the website of the PSNation Podcasts that Torgo does?

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Over on VGEvo we have 8 CiCs. Beat that shit, GAF. (and we have a community of about 1/20 the size of this one :lol)

And how many CiCs do you have... *snap snap*

GAF sux

ChryZ

FFObsessed said:
I think you're thinking about V G Chartz, they're the shitty laggers. We played an old VGevo clan a long time ago and won and it was fine, but that wasn't the same as the new clan... or something I'm confused :p Is VGEvo the website of the PSNation Podcasts that Torgo does?
VGEVO got a whole podcast network, PSNation is just one podcast of many. VGEVO also got a forum and a very nice community. They're good people, it always fun to roll with them.

KZObsessed

ChryZ said:
VGEVO got a whole podcast network, PSNation is just one podcast of many. VGEVO also got a forum and a very nice community. They're good people, it always fun to roll with them.

ahh I thought it was Torgo's website. So Torgo is the spin off eh, explains a lot :p

<3 Torgo <3

Top Bottom