• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
Sorry i bailed last night, it was total shit to more shit.

it's alright, I guess next time we could create our own game (12-14 players, no assault) and pray for people to join instead of wandering about joining shitty games with a bunch of incredibly laggy Asian players, no offense to them, but why won't they join games in their region? I guess they're just the five Japanese PS3 owners that bought KZ2. Frustrating as hell.

Lince said:
edit: and the vgEVo digital penis waving going on above this post yeh whatever, laggy cunts warping around eating bullets with 5-secs delay, we have 20/1 better connections than you, beat that shit. :p
Hmm...yeah, I was about to go off on this one, but FFO and Chryz pretty much covered it already.

FFObsessed said:
We played an old VGevo clan a long time ago and won and it was fine, but that wasn't the same as the new clan... or something I'm confused
Yeah, that must have been [VGEV] because we've never lost a clan match. ;)

KZObsessed

Dear KZ2 community,

After 10 months you are all still a bunch of clueless retards.

Well played Kittonwy at least. I think I planted the C4 charge about 10 times during the first S&D :lol The game after that on Salmon Market was actually really good. We won 6-1.

edit: oooh I got top 1%! yaaaaay...

Internet Celebrity said:
Yeah, that must have been [VGEV] because we've never lost a clan match. ;)

They were actually really nice as well. English you see.

FFObsessed said:
They were actually really nice as well. English you see.
Wait a second. I remember now, that was that disaster of a match with me and my mate playing against 4 from GAFe...I think it was you, Chryz and another two. Radec Academy, right? :lol :lol

Long story short, that was the "EU" clan which turned out to be a massive failure because no one ever turned up for matches, and I think we ended up at 20VP or something. :lol

But I soon moved on to better things, and prefer not to discuss the past. :p

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Hmm...yeah, I was about to go off on this one, but FFO and Chryz pretty much covered it already.

yeah V G Chartz my mistake sorry.

Wait a second. I remember now, that was that disaster of a match with me and my mate playing against 4 from GAFe...I think it was you, Chryz and another two. Radec Academy, right?

yeah we played you back then and asked for a rematch (with even teams), you never replied though!

Lince said:
yeah we played you back then and asked for a rematch (with even teams), you never replied though!
I definitely don't remember reading anything, so I must have missed it somehow. Anyway at that point we were already in the process of disbanding...with 1 draw and 9 losses (we had a full team for the draw), there wasn't much point in carrying on. :lol

Anyway if you guys want a small match against my clan now, it wouldn't be too hard to organise. I'm certain we can give you a better game this time, even though most members of both our clans have migrated to other games.

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
I definitely don't remember reading anything, so I must have missed it somehow. Anyway at that point we were already in the process of disbanding...with 1 draw and 9 losses (we had a full team for the draw), there wasn't much point in carrying on. :lol

Anyway if you guys want a small match against my clan now, it wouldn't be too hard to organise. I'm certain we can give you a better game this time, even though most members of both our clans have migrated to other games.

Salmon market 8v8 assault banned ? let's do it. We could try a smaller game if you wish, the point would be having actual fun playing the game instead of joining shitty 32p random games, right FFO ? :p

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Wait a second. I remember now, that was that disaster of a match with me and my mate playing against 4 from GAFe...I think it was you, Chryz and another two. Radec Academy, right? :lol :lol

Long story short, that was the "EU" clan which turned out to be a massive failure because no one ever turned up for matches, and I think we ended up at 20VP or something. :lol

But I soon moved on to better things, and prefer not to discuss the past. :p

haha yeah I remember that now, you were in that game? :lol *hugs*

I spent most of the game in the courtyard shooting the pillars and talking to Lince. :lol

Reminds me of some of the last clan games we had before my PS3 died where people wouldn't turn up. We had a 4v3 and won, then a 8vs6 and lost. With a few of the 6 being people who hadn't played in months. I'd really like to have an active clan again, but I have no motivation seeing as most of the clan games are the laggiest disgraces to ever be played. Having said that if a clan game was going I'd always join even though I can't really be arsed with it anymore. Pisses me off too much.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
haha yeah I remember that now, you were in that game? :lol *hugs*
I spent most of the game in the courtyard shooting the pillars and talking to Lince. :lol.

those were the times... *sheds a tear*

Dibbz

Is there a particular day or time you guys play? I've had a few games with some random people in the clan already but would like to play with more of ya.

Internet Celebrity said:
Over on VGEvo we have 8 CiCs. Beat that shit, GAF. (and we have a community of about 1/20 the size of this one :lol)

I still hold the record for fastest CiC around VGEVO, 294 hours :D

Hey guys, I am a lurker here, I am one of the officers of the VGEVO clan, I've played with Chryz before and have him as a friend on PSN

Lince said:
^^^

you remind me of former GAF member Click, maybe it's the avatar.
I'm not seeing the resemblance...he hasn't exactly gone and written a 3000 word dissertation on the game, has he? :lol
And by small I meant really small. Like 4v4 or 6v6 maximum. Things take a while to organise too, what with timezones and such.

On the issue of lag: I suppose it's a by-product of you guys having played so many matches, but in all of our organised games we've never encountered any major (game-changing) problems with it.
Of course there's always those random tournies with japanese hosts being able to teleport across the map and penetrate walls with shotgun shells, but they don't go on the record eh? ;)

ChryZ

Patriotsbball5460 said:
I still hold the record for fastest CiC around VGEVO, 294 hours :D

Hey guys, I am a lurker here, I am one of the officers of the VGEVO clan, I've played with Chryz before and have him as a friend on PSN
Took you long enough to say hi :p

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
And by small I meant really small. Like 4v4 or 6v6 maximum. Things take a while to organise too, what with timezones and such.

ok 6v6 then

let's start with the teams and discuss the date later on.

GAFe

6. Lince (Lince_SPAIN)

Facism

Lince said:
ok 6v6 then

GAFe

1.Facism (Live_Feed)
6. Lince (Lince_SPAIN)

Important bolded.

Guess i'm going to have to practice up :D (during the day when the servers aren't full of shit)

Lince said:
ok 6v6 then

GAFe

6. Lince (Lince_SPAIN)

If you don't find enough players, I'll be willing to play.

Around 1.3 KDR, 82 kph and quite a lot of clan matches experience...

Lince said:
ok 6v6 then

GAFe

6. Lince (Lince_SPAIN)
Oh god, this is really happening is it? I think we should stick to 4 men for now, but I'll let you know if there's enough for anything else.

Bear in mind that it may take me a while to get back to you, but I'll try to rally the troops as best I can.

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Oh god, this is really happening is it? I think we should stick to 4 men for now, but I'll let you know if there's enough for anything else.

Bear in mind that it may take me a while to get back to you, but I'll try to rally the troops as best I can.

it's ok, there's no hurry, patience is our virtue except for Viper & Seph. And you might not have lost a single tournament game, but GAFe won the official Guerrilla Games tourney back in the day, so don't take us for granted :p

edit: in the meantime, can we have 8 or so GAFe members and fix a KZ2 night every week so we can create our own (small) games and play 4v4 or whatever just for fun ? I know Live, Rick, FFO, Viper, Negss and some of the new members would be willing to play, you too Seph, and maybe Cagen, Dave...

KZObsessed

Can we make it larger? Although no one plays anymore, it would be nice to have one clan game with both GAFe and GAFA members taking part, we merged yet we've never actually organised anything together. Plus I'd assume you'd want to play against all of our best players for extra boasting privileges :p Try and get as many people from VGEvo as possible.

And I'll ask some of the GAFA guys if they'd be interested.

Lince said:
it's ok, there's no hurry, patience is our virtue except for Viper & Seph. And you might not have lost a single tournament game, but GAFe won the official Guerrilla Games tourney back on the day, so don't take us for granted :p

edit: in the meantime, can we have 8 or so GAFe members and fix a KZ2 night every week so we can create our own (small) games and play 4v4 or whatever just for fun ? I know Live, Rick, FFO, Viper, Negss and some of the new members would be willing to play, you too Seph, and maybe Dave.
Don't worry, I know how good you guys are. Also we've lost plenty of tournament games, but never an organised clan game.

Yeah, we have something similar on Friday nights at 8pm EST (Killzone Fridays, I shit you not). You guys can join in if you want (usually no password), but that's 1am for me + I'm a lightweight so I've only been there once. But we usually get around 8-10 people on every week, even on Christmas day. :lol
If you can set up something much earlier during the day, I'd be happy to join in unless it's strictly clan only (which is totally OK too).

Regarding the clan match size, we'd be able to put out a larger team if it's late US time. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it (see above), but as long as we win it's all good. :p

KZObsessed

Lince said:
it's ok, there's no hurry, patience is our virtue except for Viper & Seph. And you might not have lost a single tournament game, but GAFe won the official Guerrilla Games tourney back on the day, so don't take us for granted :p

edit: in the meantime, can we have 8 or so GAFe members and fix a KZ2 night every week so we can create our own (small) games and play 4v4 or whatever just for fun ? I know Live, Rick, FFO, Viper, Negss and some of the new members would be willing to play, you too Seph, and maybe Cagen, Dave...

Sure! Some GAFe vs ALL servers might do the trick. Let's bring in some of the GAFA guys too. Kittonwy told me to inform him if we ever organised some proper games. Userfriendly plays quite often as well.

Plus over the last month or so, only playing 32 player games by myself and trying to get as many kills has possible, I'm way out of practice when it comes to smaller games and working together for the objectives. We could sort out some roles and get used to playing as a team again. Sounds good, lets do it. Maybe Wednesday night? 8v8? (edit: or any day that's best)

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
If you can set up something much earlier during the day, I'd be happy to join in unless it's strictly clan only (which is totally OK too).

of course it will be open to anyone, specially you and your clan mates.

FFObsessed said:
Maybe Wednesday night? 8v8?

music to my ears

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LTTP on this, but yeah.

I'd just like to mention something regarding the sniper controls...who the hell thought they would be a good idea? Taking cover and shooting with that is insane, I don't see how it's possible to do it comfortably. L2 to get in cover, left stick over to peek out, L1 to aim, then up on the dpad to zoom more while you actually aim and shoot.

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Don't worry, I know how good you guys are. Also we've lost plenty of tournament games, but never an organised clan game.

Yeah, we have something similar on Friday nights at 8pm EST (Killzone Fridays, I shit you not). You guys can join in if you want (usually no password), but that's 1am for me + I'm a lightweight so I've only been there once. But we usually get around 8-10 people on every week, even on Christmas day. :lol

Regarding the clan match size, we'd be able to put out a larger team if it's late US time. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it (see above), but as long as we win it's all good. :p

We could have a few "friendly" games first, then eventually finish with a high stakes EPIC :lol
With as many people from the two clans playing as possible. Would be fun!

Cagen

Count me in for this clan game, for the good old days and I am totally up for a weekly KZ2 night if we get some of the old regulars back together.

Although, I saw the other night I had been dishonourably demoted, after all those late nights I put in betting away our VP, makes me sick!

KZObsessed

Papercuts said:
LTTP on this, but yeah.

I'd just like to mention something regarding the sniper controls...who the hell thought they would be a good idea? Taking cover and shooting with that is insane, I don't see how it's possible to do it comfortably. L2 to get in cover, left stick over to peek out, L1 to aim, then up on the dpad to zoom more while you actually aim and shoot.

Default control setup is default for a reason.

KZObsessed

Cagen said:
Count me in for this clan game, for the good old days and I am totally up for a weekly KZ2 night if we get some of the old regulars back together.

Although, I saw the other night I had been dishonourably demoted, after all those late nights I put in betting away our VP, makes me sick!

You said you were never gonna play again :lol

And you deserved it after losing all those VP with Raist! :p

I'll promote you again.

I will admit as vrc(Internet Celebrity) has said, things to travel slowly in our clan, were more like a democracy and try to work around everyones schedule which causes problems and slows us down at times..but I think if we give our clan members proper warning and time to mark their calenders then we could easily do 8 v 8. Off the top of my head I can count 8 players that are skilled(most CiC's :D) enough to go against you guys and still play KZ2.

Our top guys(if all show could be):

1. vrc
2. me
3. BubbaBBQ
4. MakulaTolkien
5. PoopinFlames
6. Johnny_is_a_boy
7. Bleak Harvest
8. The1stMJC

And we have more reserves that would be avaliable, so yeah after brainstorming, if the times can match up, then yeah we should be able to get 8 v 8, but take that with a grain of salt, and thats if, and its a big IF, we can get a time for all of us, since 6 of those 8 are from America, and one is an insomniac from norway(?) :lol :lol

Raist

Banned
Oh, btw, completely forgot about that.
Last summer I was in a restaurant in Amsterdam with a friend, when all of a sudden I could hear a very familiar song. Couldn't resist to take a pic for GAFe's veterans <3

2md2avn.jpg

Brought back some sweet memories :p

Lince

Banned
good games today FFO, Rick and Viper, just like the old times... including shooting pillars in the courtyard :lol

so Wednesday night GAFe & friends KZ2 night confirmed? awesome, how about 11pm GMT ?

KZObsessed

-viper- said:

oh god no :p

I havn't signed up yet because it depends when it is. I have exams from January 18th-29th so I wont be playing anything then. Won't be on much next week either. So depends when it happens. I'll definitely be there for the EPIC finale game tho :lol

oh, good games tonight Lince, Rick and Viper.

LOL @ Raist. Good times.

Top Bottom