• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Loudninja said:
Me too,also I have a strong urge to play R2 co-op as well.

It was that goddamn FPS thread! I don't really have enough money to buy everything in March, and of course how could I use such as glorious name as FFObsessed if I didn't buy FFXIII :lol

FFXIII for SP with some KZ2 MP breaks. Beautiful combination.

KAOz

Short bus special
Callibretto said:
is there any relation between Radec and Hakka? they have the same voice actor right? just coincidence?

*Points at own avatar.*
Because Sean Pertwee is fuckawesome and deserves to be in every game and movie known to man! That's why.
Just a coincidence I guess, but his voice is so good that I think they couldn't pass up the oppurtunity to work with him again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Question:

I'm thinking of playing Killzone 2 online soon, feel like getting those trophies... when would be a good time at the week to start? I mean, there's a trophy for being top 1% players each week but when does it reset?

Yoshichan said:
Question:

I'm thinking of playing Killzone 2 online soon, feel like getting those trophies... when would be a good time at the week to start? I mean, there's a trophy for being top 1% players each week but when does it reset?
I think it resets on Sunday around 6 or 7 est....

Finally got around to beating the campaign of this game and I was fairly underwhelmed.

I think the only mission I truly enjoyed was the rescue arc but everything else felt like a chore to get through. I absolutely hated the sixaxis parts with the bombs and stuff. It felt so forced and killed the flow for me. I think the campaign was too reliant on spectacle and while that was cool at first, it lost it's appeal fairly soon. The whole Radec sequence/fight in the end was annoying as hell and it felt so hastily put together. It felt more like an endurance test than anything.

My biggest turn off about this game was the writing. Holy shit were they trying to beat a record for the most profanity in a game or something? Every other line was "fuck this" or "fuck that" for no reason. Rico is probably the worst fucking character ever and I really wish he got killed. Whenever I'd start having fun, Rico would say something and I'd be pissed off again. I don't even know what the story was about and I couldn't care less about the characters or what happened to them.

On the positive, the audio and visuals were pretty awesome. I thought the models were animated very well. I thought the AI was pretty smart since I've never had so much trouble playing a game in "Normal". Then again, I'm not very skilled to begin with so that probably doesn't mean much.

I haven't had a chance to try the online multiplayer, but I'm guessing that's where most of the fun is to be found. So far, the campaign has been disappointing but I won't write this game off completely yet.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yoshichan said:
Question:

That's probably the toughest one just based on the grind, but basically if I remember you want to have around 8000 points? Maybe 7500? I got mine with ease with about those numbers, but you have to play for a while during that week. Around 60-70000 play a week so you'll need to be ranked at least in the top 700 maybe higher. It resets sunday night.

The other ones are also a pain in the ass, but you'll get them as you play.

KZObsessed

effingvic said:
Finally got around to beating the campaign of this game and I was fairly underwhelmed.

I think the only mission I truly enjoyed was the rescue arc but everything else felt like a chore to get through. I absolutely hated the sixaxis parts with the bombs and stuff. It felt so forced and killed the flow for me. I think the campaign was too reliant on spectacle and while that was cool at first, it lost it's appeal fairly soon. The whole Radec sequence/fight in the end was annoying as hell and it felt so hastily put together. It felt more like an endurance test than anything.

My biggest turn off about this game was the writing. Holy shit were they trying to beat a record for the most profanity in a game or something? Every other line was "fuck this" or "fuck that" for no reason. Rico is probably the worst fucking character ever and I really wish he got killed. Whenever I'd start having fun, Rico would say something and I'd be pissed off again. I don't even know what the story was about and I couldn't care less about the characters or what happened to them.

On the positive, the audio and visuals were pretty awesome. I thought the models were animated very well. I thought the AI was pretty smart since I've never had so much trouble playing a game in "Normal". Then again, I'm not very skilled to begin with so that probably doesn't mean much.

I haven't had a chance to try the online multiplayer, but I'm guessing that's where most of the fun is to be found. So far, the campaign has been disappointing but I won't write this game off completely yet.

You didn't mention the gunplay... or anything to do with the shooting. That's the best thing about the game. It is a shooter. Still don't understand people's aversion to the swearing. I didn't think it seemed forced or unnatural, just soldiers swearing. Big deal.

Online is awesome yes. It can be the best ever, depends on the quality of the server.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
hey gaf i want to go back to killzone mp what other additional maps you guys have i bought flash and thunder pack should i buy 2 other map packs too?

KZObsessed

daxter01 said:
hey gaf i want to go back to killzone mp what other additional maps you guys have i bought flash and thunder pack should i buy 2 other map packs too?

Personally I'd skip the first map pack, those maps aren't very good imo. BUT, a lot of servers with the new maps in them just contain ALL of the new maps. And if you don't have all of them bought you can't play any of them. I know it's bullshit, it's why most people leave the new maps out of the normal rotation. Tho that means if you're happy not playing the DLC maps you don't have to buy them and you can play in the majority of servers. The originals are the best maps.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
FFObsessed said:
Personally I'd skip the first map pack, those maps aren't very good imo. BUT, a lot of servers with the new maps in them just contain ALL of the new maps. And if you don't have all of them bought you can't play any of them. I know it's bullshit, it's why most people leave the new maps out of the normal rotation. Tho that means if you're happy not playing the DLC maps you don't have to buy them and you can play in the majority of servers. The originals are the best maps.
thanks dude

KZObsessed

Killzone 2 One-Year Anniversary
19-Feb-2010 - by Victor Zuylen
Category: News

If you strolled around the European PlayStation Home Square late last week, chances are you came across the Helghast troopers of the 101st Dutch Community Team. No, their presence doesn't signify an imminent Home invasion - they were there to celebrate the upcoming one-year anniversary of Killzone 2.

Granted, those troopers may have jumped the gun a little, because Killzone 2 wasn't released until the end of February. But then, who's going to correct a rowdy mob of partying Helghast? Not us! In fact, we’re going to join them in celebrating the first anniversary of Killzone 2, starting this week. Here's what you can expect from Killzone.com over the coming days:

* The Killzone 2 Community Awards
Killzone 2 itself has already received lots of awards - now how about some recognition for the Killzone 2 community? In this two-part feature, we look at the most remarkable accomplishments of Killzone 2 players, clans, fans and events. Part 1 hits February 22

* DLC Bundle Voucher Code Giveaway
We're going to give away voucher codes for the full Killzone 2 DLC Bundle via Twitter again. If you're not following @killzonedotcom on Twitter yet, now might be a good time to start. Exact rules and dates will be posted on Killzone.com on February 24.

* Double XP Weekend Is Back
The final weekend of February will be another Double XP Weekend. Just like last time, XP points for victories will be tripled, while XP points for losses will be doubled. See how quickly you can rise through the ranks! Double XP Weekend runs from February 26 - 28

* And more...
We've prepared a few signed pieces of concept art, which will be given out to lucky fans. Keep a close eye on Killzone.com, PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation.Blog.Europe for details on how to obtain one of these masterpieces.

It's been an awesome eleven-and-a-half months for Killzone 2, and we hope our fans will join us in celebrating the upcoming anniversary. The year wouldn't have been the same without you!

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml

omg GAFe to finally get recognition for winning the Official Guerrilla Games Tournament?

FFO finally to get recognition for being the greatest KZ2 LEGEND OF ALL TYNE???

XP to be tripled for the winners and doubled for the losers! They listened!

GOD BLESS GUERRILLA GAMES

I SHALL RETURN...

yeah, the multi player deserved much more from my attention..
i wanted to play so many other games, but i regret that this it took me away from K2 multi player.

I promise to be more faithfull for K3 Guerilla (if you throw in a bit of co-op for me ;))

the official forums did a one year anniversary in game photoshoot.

this was the best of a bad bunch:

2i1flfn.jpg

@ dibbz, with a kodak.

gimme in game screenshot capture, guerrilla.

KZObsessed

Nah, Lyulf would just cook a grenade and never let go. Taking them all out. :lol

You know just looking at those Helghast models makes me want to play this game again, best looking online shooter ever. And the kills, chirp chirp chirp. <3

Cornbread78

I think I wrote it on the last page, but I put 350+ hours into thsi game. It's the best mix for a superior online experience. I miss it already and I hope they do not change too much for KZ3. Man, I LOVE this game. I'm gonna have to go play it this weekend as well... Too many games.... AARRGGHHH!

Lince

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I think I wrote it on the last page, but I put 350+ hours into thsi game. It's the best mix for a superior online experience. I miss it already and I hope they do not change too much for KZ3. Man, I LOVE this game. I'm gonna have to go play it this weekend as well... Too many games.... AARRGGHHH!

best GAF junior ever since Cagen, still you need 300+ more hours to earn the right to dine at KZ2 Gods' table.

Cornbread78

Facism said:
or you could be born awesome like me and be the worshipful master of that table at only 150 hours.

Turkish steelz.

LOL, you just need to go put in some more work brotha. Man, I really do miss the 8 hours straight of this game at a time, LOL. The best thing was you could stay in the same room room for hours on end with the options YOU wanted your friends/clanmates could join and be on YOUR team, and there were always new players coming and going and always new challanges. This game was really created by GG to enhance the player/clan experience and cater to their needs...

Facism

Cornbread78 said:
LOL, you just need to go put in some more work brotha. Man, I really do miss the 8 hours straight of this game at a time, LOL. The best thing was you could stay in the same room room for hours on end with the options YOU wanted your friends/clanmates could join and be on YOUR team, and there were always new players coming and going and always new challanges. This game was really created by GG to enhance the player/clan experience and cater to their needs...

I'd love to, but whenever i go back i get agitated by the lag and dipshit deathmatch RADEC only servers. Not even the combined manliness and style of FFO and Lince can keep me from ragequitting :<

Cornbread78

Facism said:
I'd love to, but whenever i go back i get agitated by the lag and dipshit deathmatch RADEC only servers. Not even the combined manliness and style of FFO and Lince can keep me from ragequitting :<

Payback = Grab a rocket launcher and boost, and just start going to town on everyone. Really, that's the best part of Radec only games.... I mean, it is NOOBish, but ya know, if they want to have Radec only games, why not just have a little fun with it, LOL.

*Boom shoots a rocket into Halghast spawn area.. "Blip", (6 kills tallied on left side of screen)*

I actually grew to like Radec, and I was one of those people who complained about Radec being the only level used over and over again.

Haven't played KZ2 in many many months. Fun MP and I was pretty good too.

I bet if I started playing again, I'd have to get use to the controls again. :lol

Cornbread78

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I actually grew to like Radec, and I was one of those people who complained about Radec being the only level used over and over again.

Haven't played KZ2 in many many months. Fun MP and I was pretty good too.

I bet if I started playing again, I'd have to get use to the controls again. :lol

It's not as bad as you would think. I went back on a couple weeks ago after two straight months of MW2 and immediately went 33-4 in Radec (go figure) with my shotty. and turrents.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS JUST COMPLETED KILLZONE 2 on Elite. :D

Also got Demonslayer trophy. :lol

The palace is just pure madness... Ninja Gaiden style madness. Freaking insane. Go tell the motherfucker that design this horror that he is D*E*A*D if I don't get some bonuses in KZ3 for going through this shit.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lagspike_exe said:

The palace is just pure madness... Ninja Gaiden style madness. Freaking insane. Go tell the motherfucker that design this horror that he is D*E*A*D if I don't get some bonuses in KZ3 for going through this shit.

He's aware of it. He posts here ;)

KZObsessed

meh @ the "community awards"

stat boosting asshole, rocket whore, grenade spammer..

One (wo)man does deserve some praise tho!

Most Useful Unit: amber0955hz

amber0955hz is a valuable addition to any team. He has accrued the most Capture & Hold points, armed the most Search & Destroy explosives, and fired the most rifle shots. We'll chalk up the fact hat he has also died the most of anyone on the leaderboards to his willingness to take one for the team.

*salutes*

All hail amber0955hz!!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can't wait for all the rocket whores to get KZ3, when their favorite weapon is an EMP rocket (
i hope
).

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Nah, Lyulf would just cook a grenade and never let go. Taking them all out. :lol

You know just looking at those Helghast models makes me want to play this game again, best looking online shooter ever. And the kills, chirp chirp chirp. <3

Why would I do that? A much better strategy would be to have a teammate put C4 on me. Then, I would cook a grenade and run into the pack. More bang for your buck.

Cornbread78

TheFatOne said:
Why would I do that? A much better strategy would be to have a teammate put C4 on me. Then, I would cook a grenade and run into the pack. More bang for your buck.

One of the best S&D tactics for players that group up to defend... tick tick tick BaBOOM! *blip*

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheFatOne said:
Oh god, I used to do that A LOT! I rarely died from my friend's C4s on me, I'd have really low health (almost dead) afterwards. I used to find it extremely amusing, pulling all sorts of crazy, stupid, funny stunts like that with my friends. Wish we could put C4's on our squadmates in BFBC2. :(

Cruzader

Banned
Guys I need to tell you a dirty secret....

I once became a rocket boosting whore and I loved every minute of it! I became my most hated enemy!!!

Anyhow The King shall return(GAFNA or whatever it was :D )

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lagspike_exe said:

He works at Kojipro now. Most likely making the next Metal Gear as hard as possible.

TheFatOne

Cruzader said:
Guys I need to tell you a dirty secret....

I once became a rocket boosting whore and I loved every minute of it! I became my most hated enemy!!!

Anyhow The King shall return(GAFNA or whatever it was :D )

I can assure you that I am not returning
angry.gif

KZObsessed

TheAzRim said:
A friend of mine has my copy, he's addicted to the MP. FFO I need you to snipe his ass so I get it back.

Chances are I already have
KlintIndifference.gif

TheFatOne said:
I can assure you that I am not returning
angry.gif

You have to, if not you get demoted to Princess. Yes that's how it works.

Cornbread78

Lagspike_exe said:

What sucks is I was at the 2nd part of the Radec battle on Elite and my system YLOD and I was not able to back-up the save file.... I am still bitter about that. F'ing copywrited save data.

Cornbread78

Yoshichan said:
Question:

Good luck with this... All I can say is Body Count, Body Count, Body count. Get ready for a long week (at least 4-5 hours a day) of non-stop body count matches. It will be tough since the number of players has dwindled since MW2 launched, but just break out the Rocket and whore your way to the top 1%. Good luck.

I'll log on this week and play a couple rounds to help a fellow Jr. out.

Top Bottom