• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Thrakier said:
Because you play 50 minutes of KZ2 against ONE fucking enemy just so that you don't loose your points (which are fucking NOT important!). And I'm at your side talking about shit all the time so that I don't fall asleep.

It's the principle. I'm not giving up my hard earned 600 points, just beacause a clan of trash talking bitches got destroyed by us and went off crying,

I thought the games were fun apart from the 30minute BC we had to sit through against 3 guys to finish the game. :lol Winning the first 4 rounds against those bitches was fantastic. Especially S&R.

AstroMan

Banned
Just got the game and I really enjoy it but I have a question, does not owning all the maps put me at a disadvantage in terms of finding games?

KZObsessed

AstroMan said:
Just got the game and I really enjoy it but I have a question, does not owning all the maps put me at a disadvantage in terms of finding games?

Nope! Because searching for games with specific maps is such shit in this game and you can't join a server with one of the DLC maps in it unless you've bought it, most people just leave them out of the normal rotations. Usually the DLC maps only appear in their own separate servers and are listed as such in their title. Most servers are just the normal maps so you shouldn't have any issues.

Buying the DLC maps is only worth it if you really love the game and desperately want a few new maps to play on and get some more trophies. Otherwise there's not much poinht buying them, plus they are massively inferior to the maps which launched with the game which can pretty much be played forever they're so good,

KZObsessed

SuperSonic1305 said:
Any chance I can get back in the clan? I want to play this weekend but I'm really starting to dislike playing with randoms in multiplayer games.

Well, GAFe doesn't have many active players anymore. Usually just me, Chryz and Userfriendly playing at separate times. Yesterday we had 6 people tho, doubt it will last more than the weekend tho :p

Buyt sure I'll add you anyway. PSN same as GAF?

KZObsessed

Oh and just so everyone knows, the guy that writes for Killzone.com is a fool.

No the losing team does NOT get double the points, it's the same lazy double xp weekend as last time with them just doubling the win multiplier. Meh. So I take back the "wow they listened comment!" They didn't.

Luckily I've only been on the losing team once so far so points points points!

AstroMan

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Nope! Because searching for games with specific maps is such shit in this game and you can't join a server with one of the DLC maps in it unless you've bought it, most people just leave them out of the normal rotations. Usually the DLC maps only appear in their own separate servers and are listed as such in their title. Most servers are just the normal maps so you shouldn't have any issues.

Buying the DLC maps is only worth it if you really love the game and desperately want a few new maps to play on and get some more trophies. Otherwise there's not much poinht buying them, plus they are massively inferior to the maps which launched with the game which can pretty much be played forever they're so good,

Thanks. I'll put off buying the maps until I get unlock the scout badge. So does this game still have a large community? Maybe I'm just coming on at the wrong hours.

FFObsessed said:

I thought arctower landing was superb.

And if it weren't for the nuke, southern hills was also great. The rest are crap, though.

AstroMan said:
Thanks. I'll put off buying the maps until I get unlock the scout badge. So does this game still have a large community? Maybe I'm just coming on at the wrong hours.

If you don't mind 32 players, it's still very easy to find a game. Just make sure when you're browsing the server lists, always choose a game that has faction balancing and custom weapons (99% of the time means rockets removed) or custom badges (assault class removed). Preferably assault class removed. Will make the game much more enjoyable.

Thrakier

FFObsessed said:
It's the principle. I'm not giving up my hard earned 600 points, just beacause a clan of trash talking bitches got destroyed by us and went off crying,

I thought the games were fun apart from the 30minute BC we had to sit through against 3 guys to finish the game. :lol Winning the first 4 rounds against those bitches was fantastic. Especially S&R.

Principles are shit. It's about fun, not about wasting time for points. :p You probably had more fun because you were naked, but that doesn't help me.

Thrakier

H_Prestige said:
I thought arctower landing was superb.

And if it weren't for the nuke, southern hills was also great. The rest are crap, though.

I thought the nuke was a fantastic idea because it really mixes things up in the middle of a fight. And some of the situations are hilarious. :D

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Just started playing this last month. The double win bonus since yesterday has been a huge help. Nearing in on 5,000 XP after being about 3,000 just the other day. I'll definitely play this up to 10K, not sure about the huge gap between that and 100k. :lol

Just gotta get one more game of five C4 kills and I'll have all the badge specific medals. Just wish I could use the assault / air support combo and start with an assault rifle rather than the grenade or rocket launchers. Firing through a doorway with those gets to be a total clusterfuck when people on your team will not move out of the way. :lol

cory

Banned
Just popped this in for the first time since summer. I made it past the bridge, which I guess is the middle of the game. Radec Academy is next. Definitely a game I'm taking my time with.
Graphics still amaze me, this and U2 are ridiculous. Guerrilla Games & Naughty Gods are pushing the PS3 like no one else. Imagine what the extra 70mb of ram will do for KZ3 and U3 in their hands.

cory said:
Just popped this in for the first time since summer. I made it past the bridge, which I guess is the middle of the game. Radec Academy is next. Definitely a game I'm taking my time with.
Graphics still amaze me, this and U2 are ridiculous. Guerrilla Games & Naughty Gods are pushing the PS3 like no one else. Imagine what the extra 70mb of ram will do for KZ3 and U3 in their hands.
What are you on about here?

borsdy

Banned
user friendly said:
Finally rank Commander in Chief :D
Grats :) I remember when I first got mine, I was the world's 201st person to unlock it! How many CiCs are in KZ2 now? I don't own the game anymore :x

ZeroRay

theignoramus said:
What are you on about here?

It's been going on for a while. The system started at using 96MB of RAM dedicated for the OS while playing a game and the number has been shrinking through firmware updates.

Currently, the PS3 uses a 50MB overhead for the OS and the number can shrink after more updates. Although it's impossible for the devs to get an extra 70MB unless we get a PS3 Expansion Pack. :lol

ZeroRay

cory said:
Oh, okay, I thought it was a more sudden change than that.

Well, both games apparently came out before the firmware update that reduced overhead to 50MB, so those guys should have more memory to play with at least.

Would you guys recommend the game to get now, even this late? Multiplayers still quite active? Kind of burned out on MW2s style of gameplay, interesting in the heavier style Killzone has from the demo.

cory

Banned
ZeroRay said:
Well, both games apparently came out before the firmware update that reduced overhead to 50MB, so those guys should have more memory to play with at least.
I'm sure they'll find new ways to squeeze magic out of the PS3. :)
Oh, I just realized it's the 1 year anniversary of KZ2, which is also my birthday, which is also the 14th anniversary of Pokémon Red & Green in Japan.

borsdy

Banned
user friendly said:
I'm at 100,278 and 5176th place.
That is a lot. I recieved so much hate mail and sometimes very colourful ingame commentary from both teams, now it seems it would be very common to see CiC players every game.

KZObsessed

user friendly said:
Finally rank Commander in Chief :D

YESSSSSS! Congratulations and welcome to the legends table!

borsdy said:
That is a lot. I recieved so much hate mail and sometimes very colourful ingame commentary from both teams, now it seems it would be very common to see CiC players every game.

Why would you receive hate mail? Lince & I were in the top 100 to get it, and we didn't receive any. Weird. Well, we received hate mail for other things :lol

US servers I'm guessing? :p

Lince

Banned
I really dislike 32p games, that's not KZ2, it's a clusterfuck where anything is possible. So sad to see no1 plays 16p games anymore ;_;

KZObsessed

Oh and yes the community is still very active. At least 80,000 people every week are playing. Always tons of servers. Unfortunately they're nearly all 32 player boosting rocket fests. There's almost no 16 player games at all. Only a few 4v4 or 5v5 which are usualy boring as fuck, and the rest 32 player cluster fucks.

Still, you can find a decent one where people aren't abusing the assualt class or equipped boost to all the other classes. It's just random tho. Most servers you'll join will be garbage unfortunately. Tried on a few occasions to create a 16 player game with no assault rockets but no one joins.

edit: ^^ we are like one mind!

KZObsessed

Lince said:
:lol

update your U2, new trophies for completing coop modes on "hard" mode, let's give it a try.

k, after tonight and the "double xp weekend" I'll be putting KZ2 away for a while. So I'll come play U2 again and finish the hell that is MAG with Valor :p

Then wait for FFXIII <3

KZObsessed

Christ, I finally found a server which is 16 player with assault rockets banned, I join and despite it being 16/16 it is infact 9v7. And my team consists of me as the only tactician, not one engineer, one guy on level 2 so he sucks and two, yes two snipers... on Radec... with only 9 enemied. COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN!

I am so sick to death of online shooters, so many stupid design decisions in every single one I play, so many stupid players, so much lag and bullshit. Fuck. /rage quit

oh did I mention it was Radec only with 30 minute rounds? Yeah? Fuck off.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Christ, I finally found a server which is 16 player with assault rockets banned, I join and despite it being 16/16 it is infact 9v7. And my team consists of me as the only tactician, not one engineer, one guy on level 2 so he sucks and two, yes two snipers... on Radec... with only 9 enemied. COME ONNNNNNNNNNNN!

I am so sick to death of online shooters, so many stupid design decisions in every single one I play, so many stupid players, so much lag and bullshit. Fuck. /rage quit

oh did I mention it was Radec only with 30 minute rounds? Yeah? Fuck off.
you think thats bad? wait till you play the first god of war.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
you think thats bad? wait till you play the first god of war.

WAT.

F u viper. :p

Anyyyyyway just got almost 1300 points in a game, not bad. Gonna leave it there. Maybe I'll come back to KZ2 in the future (probably will) but not for a while.

BRO

Banned
Is this still as active as it was 2 months ago? I'm in Basic Training right now and hope to God it hasn't died by the time I get back. I love this game sooo much.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I am so sick to death of online shooters, so many stupid design decisions in every single one I play, so many stupid players, so much lag and bullshit. Fuck. /rage quit.

then a new shooter comes and we quickly forget everything, we sing its praises for a while and then rage quit again, we'll never learn.

TheFatOne

Lince said:
then a new shooter comes and we quickly forget everything, we sing its praises for a while and then rage quit again, we'll never learn.

So true :lol but for the most part I have had no lag problems with BFBC2. I hope that there is very little lag when it finally releases.

KZObsessed

PedroLumpy said:
SVERGAF was made up of a fair amount of KillzoneGAF it seems. You all hopped back to this now?

Just for the double XP weekend. Now... I think I'll play U2 for a bit, but don't really want to pay for new maps I'll rarely ever use. Sick of DLC maps. I always regret it. Might force myself to get to level 60 with Valor, but not enjoying that at all.

Gonna be FFXIII/GoW3 soon and maybe I'll crack and buy BFBC2 to play with aj despite wanting to take a break from online shooters :lol

FFObsessed said:
Just for the double XP weekend. Now... I think I'll play U2 for a bit, but don't really want to pay for new maps I'll rarely ever use. Sick of DLC maps. I always regret it. Might force myself to get to level 60 with Valor, but not enjoying that at all.

Gonna be FFXIII/GoW3 soon and maybe I'll crack and buy BFBC2 to play with aj despite wanting to take a break from online shooters :lol

Hey I'm not complaining, I'm on the cusp of abandoning MAG myself. I've been lurking and following this game for a long long time, I'm intrigued to try it, but I also have Uncharted 2 as well. Just keeping an eye on people's reactions in here.

Top Bottom