• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

thaOwner

Rikyfree said:
2j30dtx.gif

:lol :lol :lol
:lol

DeeVoc

Neo Member
zeloe326 said:

I love how people post 7.1 or go home, then point to a HTIB. Any 5.1 setup put together with a moderate amount of research and deal searching will be fine. Adding 2 more speakers of filler isn't going to make a night and day difference.

edit: OT I know, HTIB's are just garbage even if they do allow to post on message boards that you have a "7.1 setup"

GodofWine

A week (to the exact minute) from now I am going to inform my boss I am suffering from incredible food poisoning...then I will be heading to dunkin donuts for a Waffle sandwich and a large coffee...and then on to GS to pick up my game, and then I shall play Killzone.

DeeVoc said:
I love how people post 7.1 or go home, then point to a HTIB. Any 5.1 setup put together with a moderate amount of research and deal searching will be fine. Adding 2 more speakers of filler isn't going to make a night and day difference.

edit: OT I know, HTIB's are just garbage even if they do allow to post on message boards that you have a "7.1 setup"

Tell me about it. I'm still stuck with 5.1 simply because of space and fiancee restrictions (she already thinks our condo living space is too speaker heavy at 5.1). Though, I do have a 7.1 Denon AVR-889, Polk CSi3 center, a set of Polk RTi6 in front, and two sets of Polk RTi4 (one set waiting in the wings for when I have room... bleh), even at 5.1 the sound stage destroys friends of mine with 7.1 HTIBs set up...

The thing is, even with BluRay sound tracks, you often still only get lossless 5.1 tracks for now anyway so you're at best looking at matrixed 7.1 a lot of the time.

Q-bert

Banned
GodofWine said:
A week (to the exact minute) from now I am going to inform my boss I am suffering from incredible food poisoning...then I will be heading to dunkin donuts for a Waffle sandwich and a large coffee...and then on to GS to pick up my game, and then I shall play Killzone.

My Magic 8 ball says that some asshole named Murphy is going to ruin your day, and there will be much aggravation coupled with many gaf posts sprinkled in between your waffle sandwich and you playing KZ.

Me, I'm going to church on Sunday to pray for my fedex driver and for gamestop launch day delivery not being a scam.

Q-bert said:
My Magic 8 ball says that some asshole named Murphy is going to ruin your day, and there will be much aggravation coupled with many gaf posts sprinkled in between your waffle sandwich and you playing KZ.

Me, I'm going to church on Sunday to pray for my fedex driver and for gamestop launch day delivery not being a scam.

Haha that just got me thinking.
Fedex HQ, day before launch.
fedex.png

GodofWine

Q-bert said:

Im doing all I can to keep Murphy locked away...Im making sure all my work tasks are completed by end of day wednesday, then i can put out fires on thursday, and start fires on friday! WAFFLE SANDWICH OR FAIL

Loudninja said:

We got permission from the Swedish distributor, Nordisk Film, to publish the video (if it's the same one, but seeing as they say the second part comes on monday, it must be, since we have that one as well), so we've it up.

It's a "Making of Killzone 2", this is part 1, really well made, but if you're on a media blackout, don't watch.

http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=5213

bigswords

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

peetfeet

truth-lasers said:
We got permission from the Swedish distributor, Nordisk Film, to publish the video (if it's the same one, but seeing as they say the second part comes on monday, it must be, since we have that one as well), so we've it up.

It's a "Making of Killzone 2", this is part 1, really well made, but if you're on a media blackout, don't watch.

Thanks watching now! :D

KZObsessed

truth-lasers said:

Herman Hulst... what a pimp. :lol

i've been calling a couple serial street-date-busters in NYC and they just keep telling me next week. one even told me not till the 27th. can this be right? are they restricting the shipping date to ensure it doesn't leak early?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
rootdaemon said:
I went to my local meijer earlier this evening, about 5:30 and they already had Killzone 2 on the shelves ready for purchase. I picked up four copies total :D , all for fellow PS3 buddies who have been anxiously awaiting this game.

My local GameStop does not have it, which is no surprise, but my local Wal-Mart did not either, so I'm unsure if it was just my local Meijer that is selling it or if it is the whole chain.

I will post pictures later this evening.

Edit: I live in a small town outside Cincinnati, OH called Hamilton if that helps anyone.
Props to rootdaemon for picking up a copy for me. :D

DoomGyver

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14851684&posted=1#post14851684

Alright, I updated the OP. (Online Thread)

I merged US Central GAF into West Coast GAF.
I merged Canada GAF into either East coast or West Coast US GAF.
I merged Asia GAF into Euro GAF.

Now I split up the main clans into 60 member chunks, We need Clan Leaders for those chunks, So I need someone to step up!

We now need to think of 4 letter abreviations for the sub clans (ex. US East 2 could be [GAF2]

It should start with [GAF-] so when you look up the GAF clans we're all in order.

I'm picking up my copy of Killzone within the hour, so I won't have much time to update this the next few days. Please PM me if you're interested in being Leader for your respective sub-region.

Again, if there are any typos or I placed you in the wrong region PM me.

And those of you I PMd should CHECK YO PMs lol

And if any of you want to make a banner for your Sub-Region just post it in this thread.

See you on the battlefield.

-FR

Duke Togo

Full Recovery said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14851684&posted=1#post14851684

Alright, I updated the OP. (Online Thread)

I merged US Central GAF into West Coast GAF.
I merged Canada GAF into either East coast or West Coast US GAF.
I merged Asia GAF into Euro GAF.

Now I split up the main clans into 60 member chunks, We need Clan Leaders for those chunks, So I need someone to step up!

We now need to think of 4 letter abreviations for the sub clans (ex. US East 2 could be [GAF2]

It should start with [GAF-] so when you look up the GAF clans we're all in order.

I'm picking up my copy of Killzone within the hour, so I won't have much time to update this the next few days. Please PM me if you're interested in being Leader for your respective sub-region.

Again, if there are any typos or I placed you in the wrong region PM me.

And those of you I PMd should CHECK YO PMs lol

And if any of you want to make a banner for your Sub-Region just post it in this thread.

See you on the battlefield.

-FR
Your work in putting this together is appreciated. :)

Ploid 3.0

truth-lasers said:

Holy crap, this game looks stinking sick. I can't wait [evil laugh] Hahahaha!

Mr+Burns+Evil+Laugh.png

Top Bottom