• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DoomGyver

Bugnology said:
Do you have your copy, or just asking before you get it?
Well, it was supposed to come in the mail today, but I missed the mail lady... and I got one of those "Sorry we missed you!" messages. -_-

So I have to pick it up at 4pm.

Full Recovery said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14851684&posted=1#post14851684

Alright, I updated the OP. (Online Thread)

I merged US Central GAF into West Coast GAF.
I merged Canada GAF into either East coast or West Coast US GAF.
I merged Asia GAF into Euro GAF.

Now I split up the main clans into 60 member chunks, We need Clan Leaders for those chunks, So I need someone to step up!

We now need to think of 4 letter abreviations for the sub clans (ex. US East 2 could be [GAF2]

It should start with [GAF-] so when you look up the GAF clans we're all in order.

I'm picking up my copy of Killzone within the hour, so I won't have much time to update this the next few days. Please PM me if you're interested in being Leader for your respective sub-region.

Again, if there are any typos or I placed you in the wrong region PM me.

And those of you I PMd should CHECK YO PMs lol

And if any of you want to make a banner for your Sub-Region just post it in this thread.

See you on the battlefield.

-FR

Kittonwy | Kittonwy (Officer?)
Beatbox | eFertLISdotcom
BobTheFork | BobTheFork
Sutdawg | Sutdawg
Aeon712 | Aeon712
Queeg | Queeg500
JohnfKennedy | JohnfKennedy
Pristine_Condition | HijoDelLocoRoco
Firewire | Spartan666
Big-E | BigE
Click | Click
M3Freak | m3freak
ChryZ | ChryZ-US
Maggot9 | Maggot9
patsu | patsu
Careksims | Careksims

I <3 seeing this...

Thanks for remembering to keep us old RFOM Clanmates all together, Full Recovery. Looking forward to playing with you. We're missing lunlunqq though I think.

...Is there anyone else missing?

WTFing

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Well, it was supposed to come in the mail today, but I missed the mail lady... and I got one of those "Sorry we missed you!" messages. -_-

So I have to pick it up at 4pm.
it seems like the servers are up?
Q-bert said:
They're already up.
For those who maybe playing the MP, how is it (lag, etc...)?

bryehn

Just got this e-mail from videogamesplus.ca

Just like Ratchet last year, Sony's getting KZ2 out a bit early...

We just wanted to update all customers who have preordered Killzone 2 - PS3 (Preorder) with us or are thinking of preordering with us in the next week before release date on the status of this huge title!!

1. ALL PREORDERS WILL BE FILLED 100% AS OUR QUANTITY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SONY AND SUPPLIERS

2. PREORDERS WILL BE SHIPPING EARLY!! THIS IS TO TRY AND HAVE OUR CUSTOMERS RECEIVE TITLE ON STREET DATE OR AS CLOSE TO AS POSSIBLE. PREORDERS WILL SHIP ACCORDING TO ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME. ex (If your parcel usually takes a day to arrive from us we will ship a day before street date. however, if your parcel usually takes 2-3 days to arrive from us than we will ship your preorder accordingly. This is to ensure customers receive product without us breaking Sony's street date policy.)

3.WE WILL BEGIN PROCESSING ORDERS TOMORROW (FEBRUARY 21ST) TOO AVOID ANY SHIPPING DELAYS. THEREFORE, TODAY WILL BE THE LAST OPPORTUNITY TO CANCEL YOUR PREORDER.

Stench

Banned
2j30dtx.gif

What video is that dog from?

That looks hilarious.

Arnie

Euro Gaf is looking mighty strong, I hope alot of us have mics. I picked the official one up the other day, it's amazing. The sound quality is superb, whilst chatting with my friend, I could hear him fart into the mic, now that is something no matter how hard we try, we cannot achieve on our 360's. True Story!

KZObsessed

-ARNiE- said:
Euro Gaf is looking mighty strong, I hope alot of us have mics. I picked the official one up the other day, it's amazing. The sound quality is superb, whilst chatting with my friend, I could hear him fart into the mic, now that is something no matter how hard we try, we cannot achieve on our 360's. True Story!

oh dear god, firmware 2.7 is rumoured to have audio messaging...

ChryZ

Pristine_Condition said:
I <3 seeing this...

Thanks for remembering to keep us old RFOM Clanmates all together
Seeing myself on that list makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but the EU clan is a better match for now.

I still got many peeps from the good old R1 days on my xmb buddy list, I'm going to join your games and looking forward to play with you guys again, but being in the EU clan would be convenient to extend my buddy list of people who play in my "waking hours".

Sooner or later we'll have core player again, then we can merge active players into one ultimate GAF killer commando.

careksims

Damn you Europe for getting the tin cassse! FUUUUUUCK! And all those pictures of the game cases X_x! Why is it next Friday!? Why can it be today!? Servers are up!? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Also whoo hoo! Old Resistance GAF clan! :D

careksims said:
Damn you Europe for getting the tin cassse! FUUUUUUCK! And all those pictures of the game cases X_x! Why is it next Friday!? Why can it be today!? Servers are up!? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Also whoo hoo! Old Resistance GAF clan! :D
Its coming out next Friday so I have time to finish my replay-through of Killzone and Liberation. I'm on level 10/11 of Killzone right now.

SSM25

I hope the Killzone community isn't as douche as the general live community when it comes to people who's english is not their first language. I can fucking speak English very clear (it's even part of my daily job, all my superiors are united states citizens, and no, I don't live in the states) but fuckers in live will bug the hell out of you for not speaking exactly like them.

SSM25 said:
I hope the Killzone community isn't as douche as the general live community when it comes to people who's english is not their first language. I can fucking speak English very clear (it's even part of my daily job, all my superiors are united states citizens) but fuckers in live will bug the hell out of you for not speaking exactly like them.
PSN is not nearly as bad as Live. Sure mainstream games like COD still get those random douche bags, but its really no where near as bad as Live. I'd played matched of games were I actually liked and enjoyed the company of the people I was playing with. Figure that.

Doc Evils

SSM25 said:
I hope the Killzone community isn't as douche as the general live community when it comes to people who's english is not their first language. I can fucking speak English very clear (it's even part of my daily job, all my superiors are united states citizens, and no, I don't live in the states) but fuckers in live will bug the hell out of you for not speaking exactly like them.

PSN is nowhere near the cesspool that is called Xbox Live.

SSM25

Blu_LED said:
PSN is not nearly as bad as Live. Sure mainstream games like COD still get those random douche bags, but its really no where near as bad as Live. I'd played matched of games were I actually liked and enjoyed the company of the people I was playing with. Figure that.

hell yeah, I have met really nice guys in resistance 1 and 2 (americans) that don't mind people form other countries actually playing the game, something that seems impossible on live. There are some douches, but far less.

SSM25 said:

Just make sure to end your sentance with "Yo dog" everytime.

oneHeero

So what's up with people getting the game early?

Is it popping up more often? Has the release date moved up at all? I'm trying to request time off for release date so I can play nonstop for a few days(I wanted 2/27 and 03/02 off) but if the game comes out before hand than I want other days off :\

Any solid info? Or should I suck it up and just grab it at stupid gamestop knowing they wont break street date if it sticks to the 27th.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
oneHeero said:
So what's up with people getting the game early?

Is it popping up more often? Has the release date moved up at all? I'm trying to request time off for release date so I can play nonstop for a few days(I wanted 2/27 and 03/02 off) but if the game comes out before hand than I want other days off :\

Any solid info? Or should I suck it up and just grab it at stupid gamestop knowing they wont break street date if it sticks to the 27th.

street date Killzowned ..

Sony shipped the game early last month and send it to retailers , people in Middle East have it weeks ago and they do suicide bombs to helghan Bots HQ every hour , pale European got it days ago , it's just you worthless Yankees worthless scum who didn't have the game yet ..but look like it's now also in US of A from some posts here with US version .

so yeah go try some local stores near you

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Totobeni said:

Sony shipped the game early last month and send it to retailers , people in Middle East have it weeks ago and they do suicide bombs to helghan Bots HQ every hour , pale European got it days ago , it's just you worthless Yankees worthless scum who didn't have the game yet ..but look like it's now also in US of A from some posts here with US version .

Wow...

WTFing

Banned
Totobeni said:

I don't think so, I still don't have my copy.
France, Germany, England, Netherlands? ZERO copies. Where are you from?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
RoboPlato said:
:lol

[fakespoilertag] I am from Middle East , so I can mock my people [/fakespoilertag]

Bugnology said:
I don't think so, I still don't have my copy.
France, Germany, England, Netherlands? ZERO copies. Where are you from?

dunno but I think it's all over spain and Italy , saw many guys with copies in Spain forums

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
FFObsessed said:
35bziaw.jpg

WOW. It's a shame just how much you miss in a multiplayer game. Just look at all that. I think this is the only game where I'd be happy to just watch others play for ages.
Okay, where is that from??

I'm having mine shipped by amazon with Release-Date Delivery, but it's being shipped to my home address. I don't have to sign for it do I? Because I'll be at work.

Q-bert

Banned
-xBerserker- said:
I'm having mine shipped by amazon with Release-Date Delivery, but it's being shipped to my home address. I don't have to sign for it do I? Because I'll be at work.

Amazon doesn't require signatures. However, the carrier may just want someone to sign for it just because. You can contact the carrier and sign a release so that they dont ever request a signature unless the sender specifically requests it. Then they'll just leave the box on your porch or whatever.

JudgeN

LiquidMetal14 said:
My local Meijer has them but wouldn't sell me one. Gonna call up 2 others and take a chance.

Go up there in person and bitch like you never bitched before. I worked at meijer for 5 years and they kiss ass like no other.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-xBerserker- said:

nobody else in da house ?

if you are lonely just hire a babysitter or a sexy maid for that day ..

also you can also change your shipping address

Buttchin

SSM25 said:

ill be honest Im sure you will run into some douches on PSN as well. As much as i hate to say it. I even have a friend who speaks ESL and even he will bitch and moan about others who speak ESL..

as a funny side note: My gf works with a doctor who originally came from scotland. Before she was allowed to practice in the US she had to take the English as a second Language Medical test (not sure on real name of exam). So she had to take an ESL exam even though she didnt actually speak another language and came from the country that helped develop the language they have to make sure she knows.... Idiotic anyone?

Totobeni said:
nobody else in da house ?

if you are lonely just hire a babysitter or a sexy maid for that day ..

also you can also change your shipping address

No me and the wife work. Guess I'll switch it to my work address then. I just hope it makes it before I leave work.

wRATH2x

Banned
Well I just bought it.

The graphics are "Holy Fuckness Im CUMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" amazing but the gameplay is nothing new.

Does it get any better??

Rikyfree

JudgeN said:
Go up there in person and bitch like you never bitched before. I worked at meijer for 5 years and they kiss ass like no other.
Did you work at the retail or distribution center?

@Totobeni- if he hires a sexy maid, he should stay home and nurse his "fever" with said uhhh, caring individual who will take care of his "needs". And then he can play KZ2!

I actually have only played online with most of you guys. Not really any of my actual friends. But these past couple weeks about half my buddies picked up ps3s. So ill be playing with a ton of people now.

Top Bottom