• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

will it be in stores friday? if it comes early i'm going to do the same thing i did with SFIV and say Ashley called me to pick it up on the 26th or whenever the game comes in :lol

KZObsessed

SolidSnakex said:
Here's the 2006 multiplayer trailer

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/7484...s/IGN_killzoneblog2_multiplayer06_021909.html

Edit: They must make this a downloadable map. It looks freaking awesome. Also they mention that we may see vehicles (well tanks) in the future for the multiplayer, but they can't make any promises.

Wow. Surprised it looked that good back in 2006. Animations were a bit ghetto back then tho :p but they should have shown it at E306 anyway imo.

Nizz

Will there be a lot of people playing Bodycount? God dammit, I'm still not working and I'm sacrificing/cutting corners anyway I can to get the game. But I don't have a headset yet. I figured since Bodycount is basically "take out your opponent", communication can be minimum. I know what to do in Warzone mode, having played the beta. I can hang playing Warzone, I just won't be able to communicate. And for the most part, people on PSN have been very cool to play with. Only game I've really seen knuckleheads throwing around racial remarks and whatnot has been COD4. Also, yo hablo espanol.;) Where have people been picking up the game here in the US?

careksims

DMPrince said:
will it be in stores friday? if it comes early i'm going to do the same thing i did with SFIV and say Ashley called me to pick it up on the 26th or whenever the game comes in :lol

Haha. Oh it will definitely be in stores this Friday. You know they have the game in the backroom for weeks now.

Pristine_Condition said:
I <3 seeing this...

Thanks for remembering to keep us old RFOM Clanmates all together, Full Recovery. Looking forward to playing with you. We're missing lunlunqq though I think.

...Is there anyone else missing?

That is an awesome list, it just too back that West cost Gaf will wreak your shit.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
fps fanatic said:
Will there be a lot of people playing Bodycount? God dammit, I'm still not working and I'm sacrificing/cutting corners anyway I can to get the game. But I don't have a headset yet. I figured since Bodycount is basically "take out your opponent", communication can be minimum. I know what to do in Warzone mode, having played the beta. I can hang playing Warzone, I just won't be able to communicate. And for the most part, people on PSN have been very cool to play with. Only game I've really seen knuckleheads throwing around racial remarks and whatnot has been COD4. Also, yo hablo espanol.;) Where have people been picking up the game here in the US?

Dude, get a cheap little headset or bluetooth piece. It improves the game for you and others despite some random assholes. I hate that about PSN.

As an aside, I know times are rough, I don't mean it to sound like the most important thing in the world.

careksims

fps fanatic said:

Dude! Seriously get a headset! The PSN community is not bad all. If you got Gaffers to play with, no worries. You can warn others of sniper fire and such.

Nizz

Musashi Wins! said:
Dude, get a cheap little headset or bluetooth piece. It improves the game for you and others despite some random assholes. I hate that about PSN.

As an aside, I know times are rough, I don't mean it to sound like the most important thing in the world.
Maybe I can use a USB headset for now? I'll see what I can do. I gotta try, dammit! :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
careksims said:
Dude! Seriously get a headset! The PSN community is not bad all. If you got Gaffers to play with, no worries. You can warn others of sniper fire and such.

Srsly , it's just COD4 and CODWaw that full of idiots left and right , you can talks with even random guys not on you clan and have fine matches with strange people in R1 and R2 or even SOCOM , I dunno why COD4/WaW are full of these guys .

KZObsessed

AranhaHunter said:
Tanks might make an eventual appearance in MP? Hopefully only in the largest levels.

I think they'll introduce new maps which are specifically designed for vehicles rather than cram them into the current maps.

AranhaHunter said:
Tanks might make an eventual appearance in MP? Hopefully only in the largest levels.

They'd definitely have to limit it to specific levels. There's no way a tank would work on something like Blood Gracht or Radec Academy. They'd work well on Salamun Market though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Nizz

Rapping Granny said:
Insomniac needs to step up it's game and stop this a game every year crap.
Going by their release schedule, R3 would technically be a 2010 title, right? I have a feeling it'll be a 2011 title.

Rikyfree

I REALLY wish they would have kept the blue muzzle flash of the STA 52 and the STA 11. That looked really cool. But it is also nice to see how far along they were even back then.

Negaiido

After seeing some people already having KZ2 I think I should force some shop to sell it to me in the morning
angry.gif

Screw just tanks in the level. Give us levels with mechs and the buggy's / turrets. That + tanks + intruders + whatever else would be amazing. The main reason I enjoyed Halo's multiplayer was the vehicles (reminded me slightly of Battlefield). This would just be another degree of awesome.

matticus

Ahhhhhhh.... I just now put two and two together and realized I'm going to be out of state for my sister-in-law's 21st birthday party from next Friday to Sunday. TORTURE!

JudgeN

Rapping Granny said:
Insomniac needs to step up it's game and stop this a game every year crap.

Na we can't expect every company to release a 50 Million dollar FPS game just because KZ2 did. KZ2 did not set a standard it is an exception to the rule, if we call KZ2 a new standard for FPS we won't have any gaming companies left after they get done making there first KZ2 like FPS.

Tieno

bryehn said:
Just got this e-mail from videogamesplus.ca

Just like Ratchet last year, Sony's getting KZ2 out a bit early...
Yep, just game the same e-mail. Glad I pre-ordered.

We just wanted to update all customers who have preordered Killzone 2 - PS3 (Preorder) with us or are thinking of preordering with us in the next week before release date on the status of this huge title!!

1. ALL PREORDERS WILL BE FILLED 100% AS OUR QUANTITY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SONY AND SUPPLIERS

2. PREORDERS WILL BE SHIPPING EARLY!! THIS IS TO TRY AND HAVE OUR CUSTOMERS RECEIVE TITLE ON STREET DATE OR AS CLOSE TO AS POSSIBLE. PREORDERS WILL SHIP ACCORDING TO ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME. ex (If your parcel usually takes a day to arrive from us we will ship a day before street date. however, if your parcel usually takes 2-3 days to arrive from us than we will ship your preorder accordingly. This is to ensure customers receive product without us breaking Sony's street date policy.)

3.WE WILL BEGIN PROCESSING ORDERS TOMORROW (FEBRUARY 21ST) TOO AVOID ANY SHIPPING DELAYS. THEREFORE, TODAY WILL BE THE LAST OPPORTUNITY TO CANCEL YOUR PREORDER.

Victarion

Negaiido said:
They are probably playing KILL zone in real life and they are confused if its a game or not.
this is offensive... actually i'm Iranian but i don't live in Iran anymore.
you have no idea what's goin on there so just stfu.

ocadman

Negaiido

Manticore said:

cool down.. it was just a joke.
I'm sorry if it was that offensive.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Manticore said:

I don't think anyone really does. State control of the media ftl.

Victarion

Negaiido said:
cool down.. it was just a joke.
I'm sorry if it was that offensive.
nah man, it's not like that i really care about my country. but this damn country is not like Iraq and Afghanistan where people are killing each other.
btw there are many pro gamers in there. :D

.GqueB.

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Here's the 2006 multiplayer trailer

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/7484...s/IGN_killzoneblog2_multiplayer06_021909.html

Edit: They must make this a downloadable map. It looks freaking awesome. Also they mention that we may see vehicles (well tanks) in the future for the multiplayer, but they can't make any promises.
Racist trailer is racist. 98% of the soldiers getting gunned down in that trailer were Helgast.

Dante said:
Hope Ashley from Gamespot calls soon :)
Has anyone ever seen this girl?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Its sucks to see half of my PSN friend list playing Killzone 2 :( ... it sucks for me of course.

Top Bottom