• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dementia

FFObsessed said:
What does he say exactly during the line: "We will unleash the world into _________ "

???

Can't figure it out.
Unleash the whirlwind of our land?

I can't quite tell, but it sounds like a line taken from the helghan trailer.

jsrv

Bugnology said:
:lol

sxy69u.gif

KILLZONE2 MP ost!

My Noby Noby Boy playlist :lol

I have a Killzone playlist made, but I'm sure my Noby Noby Boy playlist would make multiplayer more amusing

KZObsessed

Dementia said:
Unleash the whirlwind of our land?

I can't quite tell, but it sounds like a line taken from the helghan trailer.

ahh it's definitely "Unleash the whirlwind..." You're right.

"Unleash the whirlwind of our wrath!"

Maybe?

Atrus

Gold Member
I hope other ads include:

"But if there are those who would deny us peace; refuse our rightful place in this universe. Then... we will unleash such TERRIBLE VENGEANCE that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish!"

"Though they sweep over our land like the sands of winter. Never again would we bow before them. Never again endure their oppression. Never again endure their tyranny."

"Fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares."

Too bad the only way to play a Helghast in the game is in mp. I feel the need to defend Helgan from some ISA scum.

KZObsessed

"My people... if our enemy wishes to bring us war, then let us give him... a war! Let us strike without warning, without mercy, in every city and every direction. Let us UNLEASH the whirlwind of our wrath! Let our guns never tire! Let them suffer the full force of our fury, and curse the day they set foot onto this, our home!"

Dementia

FFObsessed said:
ahh it's definitely "Unleash the whirlwind..." You're right.

"Unleash the whirlwind of our wrath!"

Maybe?
Haha, i've got no idea. In the ad is sounds like "whirlwind of our won!"... but that doesn't make any sense. Who knows, but I've always been pretty bad at deciphering song lyrics.:lol

But the same line from the helghan trailer definitely sounds like he says "whirlwind of our land," I think...

Loudninja

Killzone 2 website takeover game.

Some exciting news in from Sony on the Killzone 2 webgame - looks like a lot of fun…

A game that’s 4 years in the making deserves one hell of a launch. This is that Launch.

Killzone 2, the webgame.

Killzone 2 will bring a new level of intensity to the First Person Shooter genre (FPS) when it launches on February 27th exclusively for PlayStation®3. With more enemies, more hostile environments, more life or death moments. To build up to this historic launch, you can now get a taste of this excitement. Because now - nowhere is safe. Even online – thanks to Killzone 2, the webgame.

concept_art_killzone2_game_1.jpg

http://threespeech.com/blog/2009/02/killzone-2-website-takeover-game/#more-3814

Nizz

Q-bert said:
Your tag is "fps fanatic" and you dont own a headset?

Or are you just trolling the Jabra? Isn't that like kicking a dog in the testicles when it's laying on the floor in a pile of it's own vomit?

Go to best buy etc. and buy whatever you can afford and if you dont like it return it. I used a Motorola H500 for two years until I got the official one with SOCOM.
What can I say? I'm usually a deathmatch/team deathmatch type of guy. But since Killzone 2 is very team oriented, I have to try to get my hands on a headset. This dude here is still jobless. :(

dralla said:
the Warhawk headset is the best one I've used on the PS3, even better than the official one
Cool. Reason I asked was because on the Giant Bombcast, Jeff was praising the official headset, but he wasn't too hot on the Jabra headset. But that's good to know though. Thanks!

Flunkie

Banned
Why am I not getting any battles popping up? I've been going to sites with Killzone 2 stuff plastered all over and I'm signed in.

Also: this needs its own thread to attract moar pplz!

Edit: Well, maybe not.

Flunkie

Banned
Hi Schrade!

Whoever "Killthee" is, awesome squad battle right now. I was like :O when it said a squadmate was joining. This is too cool.

I'm liking this way too much.

nextwish

Just finished it! Wow ... love the ending credits sequence, very cool indeed

Awesome, they give props to Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games :)

Sony Spain's HUGE marketing campaign for KILLZONE 2:

- Tv spots starting on frebuary 21.
- Spot also on cinemas.
- February 25. One day prior to the launh of the game, a big tv spot (1 min long) will be aired in some of the most important channels (Antena 3, cuatro, sexta, fox, paramount, AXN).
- Huge amount of advertising on newspapers and magazines. Marca and As are two big sport magazines in Spain, both will be decored with Killzone 2 motifs on february 26.
- Orange and vodafone will send sms about the game and its launch.

KZObsessed

Robinspain said:

- Spot also on cinemas.
- February 25. One day prior to the launh of the game, a big tv spot (1 min long) will be aired in some of the most important channels (Antena 3, cuatro, sexta, fox, paramount, AXN).
- Huge amount of advertising on newspapers and magazines. Marca and As are two big sport magazines in Spain, both will be decored with Killzone 2 motifs on february 26.

Awesome!

edit: Play.com have KZ2 in stock. Anyone had theirs dispatched yet?

Flunkie

Banned
Clinton514 said:
Shiiiit. The web game only popped up for me twice so far. Any tips on getting it to show up more often?
Refresh YouTube.

Robinspain said:

- Spot also on cinemas.
USA needs something like this - that sounds freaking awesome!

CrushDance said:
I can't get the game to appear o_O

Edit: Nvm. Join NeoGaf 3 as the others are full.

Oh damn, by this time next friday we're gonna be up to NeoGaf 15 if this keeps up.

Edit: Wait, you mean the web game thingy? I thought you were referring to the actual clans in MP. Forgot for a second there that servers arent even up yet. Good brainfart on my part.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Robinspain said:

- Spot also on cinemas.

Cool but...

WTF!!!...Why doesn't USA get any mass advertising?

-No Helghast Valentines in the streets in the US
- Now no mass advertisements such as 1 minute Ad or Movie ad..

AHHHH!!! WTF SCEE!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
deejay8595 said:
Cool but...

WTF!!!...Why doesn't USA get any mass advertising?

-No Helghast Valentines in the streets in the US
- Now no mass advertisements such as 1 minute Ad or Movie ad..

AHHHH!!! WTF SCEE!
US marketing costs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> European maketing costs

I assume as much, anyway. If there is somebody reading this who knows more, feel free to correct me.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Rez said:
US marketing costs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> European maketing costs

I assume as much, anyway. If there is somebody reading this who knows more, feel free to correct me.

Not to mention that the PS3 is generally unpopular in the US anyway.

American citizens can look forward to being 2nd on the priority list from now on... Sony's biggest market is obviously Europe.

We just got the e-mail today. My GameStop, as well as four others in the New Orleans region (making 5 out of 15) will be doing a midnight launch.

Here are the store numbers:

3880 - Mine on Veterans in Metairie.
0158 - The one in Lakeside Mall (the busiest in our region).
2870 - The one in Elmwood in front of the Super Wal-mart (second busiest).
2916 - No idea where this one is.
5853 - No idea either.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
bobbytkc said:
Not to mention that the PS3 is generally unpopular in the US anyway.

American citizens can look forward to being 2nd on the priority list from now on... Sony's biggest market is obviously Europe.

This is very true. As I've said before, Europe is PS3s biggest market.

Rolf NB

Rez said:

Language barriers splintering Europe-wide marketing into a dozen sub-efforts throws a wrench into that argument.

edit:
If I'm at the top of the page, I want to have something interesting to say. How about this:
Noby Noby Boy is a free-form colon simulation with life-like peristaltics and real-time species blending. Join in the fun of sphincter contraction today!

Top Bottom