• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Snipes424

Kagari said:
This is very true. As I've said before, Europe is PS3s biggest market.

Why exactly do you think that is? I know the PS2 was big there but the PS2 was big everywhere, I've always wondered why the PS3 has done better in Europe then anywhere else.

Snipes424 said:
Why exactly do you think that is? I know the PS2 was big there but the PS2 was big everywhere, I've always wondered why the PS3 has done better in Europe then anywhere else.
I'd say it's partly because the PS brand is deeply entrenched there (Sony essentially brought video gaming to much of Europe, especially parts of Eastern Europe) and a little bit of Gran Turismo.

And also because Europe is passing up NA as the largest market for gaming in general.

womfalcs3

Banned
Snipes424 said:

I think the PS2 sold more in Europe than in the US too (LTD).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
makingmusic476 said:
I'd say it's partly because the PS brand is deeply entrenched there (Sony essentially brought video gaming to much of Europe, especially parts of Eastern Europe) and a little bit of Gran Turismo.

And also because Europe is passing up NA as the largest market for gaming in general.

I'd agree.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Flunkie said:
Hi Schrade!

Whoever "Killthee" is, awesome squad battle right now. I was like :O when it said a squadmate was joining. This is too cool.

I'm liking this way too much.
I didn't even notice it was a squad match until I saw the green reticule :lol

screen-capture.png

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I checked my local Meijer and no dice. Hilariously, I literally saw 3 different guys in 10 minutes walk up to the PS3 section and look for something.

Ploid 3.0

Aw man, I thought this was some kind of feature that gave you a notice when your clan's points/rank were being at risk via web browser or something.

Flunkie

Banned
DevilWillcry said:
Yep me too and I saw it again on Cartoonnetwork shortly afterward.
Yessssssss.

Good media. Goood.

Mik2121 said:
How long it takes for the Helghast to start showing up? It all says is "checking for helghast" on the top bar, and nothing else..
If you're on a page that the Helghast are "in," they'll show up right away. F5 Youtube over and over until it pops up.

Mik2121

How long it takes for the Helghast to start showing up? It all says is "checking for helghast" on the top bar, and nothing else..

Nafai1123

Banned
Mik2121 said:

Ditto, I wish there were some options to adjust the frequency of combat.

Doesn't seem to be as much buzz lately. The best looking game of all time is about to release (except for maybe uncharted) so i'm pumped. Hopefully the MP really takes off cause i look forward to playing many many hours of KZ2 goodness.

It's good to hear the ad campaign has started although i doubt we will see any down under:lol

womfalcs3 said:
I think the PS2 sold more in Europe than in the US too (LTD).

I'm pretty sure PS2 sold more in the US than Europe (maybe i'm thinking of NA?). Also despite a really poor start in the US i don't think it's install base there is much lower than in Europe.

Mik2121

Sweet, I just went to youtube and made a lot of headshots (24) and 94% accuracy as of right now!. Will they still show up at youtube or I need to go to another site?

.GqueB.

Banned
My want meter for this game is going up drastically by the minute. Especially after seeing that EU ad. On thursday Im going to collapse within myself.

Mik2121

Sweet, my current stats:

_1 _MIK2121 _76076 _69 _0 _0 _108 _10 _94 _96

1 is the Rank. 69 kills. 108 the ammo used. 10 the hits. 94 the headshowts. 96 the accuracy

Mik2121

My squad is doing nothing, ugh...

^^ NeoGaf 2 would be around there if the other guys did anything. There's no way to change squads? I'd like to join another one..

Angst

The kill/death ratios above are worrying me a bit. 306 kills and only 2 deaths? Are you guys playing against bots or human cannon-fodder?

Mik2121

Angst said:
The kill/death ratios above are worrying me a bit. 306 kills and only 2 deaths? Are you guys playing against bots or human cannon-fodder?
It's the website version, don't worry! LOL!!! :p

The website version is so damn easy.

Angst

Mik2121 said:
It's the website version, don't worry! LOL!!! :p

The website version is so damn easy.

:lol On a related note - are the MP servers up yet or will they go online on the 25th (EU) and 27th (US)?

Mik2121

So... about 6 days left for release! Can't wait :3333

BTW what a mess with the KZ2 GAF clans. Now I'm in 'Europe Clan 2' even though I'm in Japan, and there's not even one single other user I recognize at all.

Top Bottom