• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Mik2121

What the hell... I will order today from Play-Asia. I hope they send it to me soon!!

BTW, I guess no, but... uh.. anybody else around here ordering from Play-Asia?

Mik2121 said:
So... about 6 days left for release! Can't wait :3333

BTW what a mess with the KZ2 GAF clans. Now I'm in 'Europe Clan 2' even though I'm in Japan, and there's not even one single other user I recognize at all.

Yeah, the clan set up sucks a bit. However, it is likely that a lot of those people won't even play online all that much after a few weeks and we should be able to clean house a little at that time. Perhaps we can set up 1 or 2 clans for the more committed players and set aside a clan or 2 for those that just want people to play with casually. I imagine myself playing almost every day and I would like to be in a clan with people with the same intent.

Doubledex

Banned
obaidr said:
seit wann und wenn ja wie viel? haha nein ohne scherz, wo kann man es kaufen und kostet es 70€ ? Habs bei amazon UK für 29 bestellt.
Habs in Ulm, Stutgart, etc. schon gesehen. In diversen Games-Läden, Media Markt, etc
Scheint wohl draussen zu sein ^^
69€

Xater

obaidr said:
seit wann und wenn ja wie viel? haha nein ohne scherz, wo kann man es kaufen und kostet es 70€ ? Habs bei amazon UK für 29 bestellt.

I received my copies today from Spielegrotte.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is sounding like a great deal of fun already. Too bad my stores wouldn't sell me a copy.

The stat tracking is awesome. This feels like it's breaking some new ground with the online.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nib95 said:
Not too long now. Watch this thread explode. Reminds me, I still haven't even done my review.
THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME EVER

I THOUGHT IT WAS ALRIGHT, SOLID SHOOTER, BUT I DON'T SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT

THIS GAME SUCKS!

Now imagine the content of this post, posted for pages and pages and pages. It's going to be fantastic!

There will undoubtedly be some quality, Nib/Truant level impressions sprinkled throughout, though. Those will be great, I sometimes like reading GAF impressions over actual reviews.

Rez said:

I THOUGHT IT WAS ALRIGHT, SOLID SHOOTER, BUT I DON'T SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT

THIS GAME SUCKS!

Now imagine the content of this post, posted for pages and pages and pages. It's going to be fantastic!

There will undoubtedly be some quality, Nib/Truant level impressions sprinkled throughout, though. Those will be great, I sometimes like reading GAF impressions over actual reviews.

Sometimes.

nib95

Banned
Rez said:

THIS GAME SUCKS!

I personally think the over whelming majority will be positive. Aside from the lag talk, the reception to the demo was largely very positive, and I actually thought it was one of the weaker levels or segments in the entire game. I did say this on numerous occasions prior to the demo's release. In-fact, I'd wanted GG to use a different level to showcase the game, but I can understand exactly why they chose Corinth River. It is designed to be an opening tutorial level, and as such the intensity, design and pacing is set in an appropriate way. To ease people in so to speak.

In any case, after I eat, I might start writing my review up.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I wonder if Guerilla Games want to expand Killzone ( like Killzone liberation 2 for PSN or Killzone Warz or Helghan date sim ) in the next years or will go to new IP after Killzone 2 .

I just hope Sony don't force them to stay forever with Killzone ( like what happend with MS and Bungie ) , if Guerilla guys want to do something else and new after Killzone 2 I hope Sony just let them do that .

personally I want to see some mecha combat game like Zone of the Enders from them , Sony already own Omeega Boost IP so ..yeah .

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nib95 said:
I personally think the over whelming majority will be positive. Aside from the lag talk, the reception to the demo was largely very positive, and I actually thought it was one of the weaker levels or segments in the entire game. I did say this on numerous occasions prior to the demo's release. In-fact, I'd wanted GG to use a different level to showcase the game, but I can understand exactly why they chose Corinth River. It is designed to be an opening tutorial level, and as such the intensity, design and pacing is set in an appropriate way. To ease people in so to speak.

In any case, after I eat, I might start writing my review up.
Here's hoping. :)

Totobeni said:
I wonder if Guerilla Games want to expand Killzone ( like Killzone liberation 2 for PSN or Killzone Warz or Helghan date sim ) in the next years or will go to new IP after Killzone 2 .

I just hope Sony don't force them to stay forever with Killzone ( like what happend with MS and Bungie ) , if Guerilla guys want to do something else and new after Killzone 2 I hope Sony just let them do that .

personally I want to see some mecha combat game like Zone of the Enders from them , Sony already own Omeega Boost IP so ..yeah .

Fuck that, I want to see KZ3 after.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dreamer3kx said:
Fuck that, I want to see KZ3 after.
I'd actually like the guys over at GG to take on something new. They're obviously very talented. Sure, it would most likely still be an FPS, yeah, but something with a significantly different tone than the KZ series would be nice. Maybe something a bit more adventure orientated, in the vain of HL2 or Bioshock?

Although, they'll probably want to expand on the KZ name, especially if KZ2 does as well as it seems like it is going to do, and who can blame them.

Totobeni said:

The universe is pretty big, so they can do a Killzone game without it being "Killzone."

I'll say it again but a space fighter game based on the first extrasolar war would be epic.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rez said:
I'd actually like the guys over at GG to take on something new. They're obviously very talented. Sure, it would most likely still be an FPS, yeah, but something with a significantly different tone than the KZ series would be nice. Maybe something a bit more adventure orientated, in the vain of HL2 or Bioshock?

Although, they'll probably want to expand on the KZ name, especially if KZ2 does as well as it seems like it is going to do, and who can blame them.

Shellshock 3!

KZObsessed

Game's I want in the Killzone universe after KZ2:

Space Combat Sim - Like the old Wing Commander games or Privateer 2 (<3) But with the ability to land on planets and go off exploring.
Free roaming FPS - In the vain of a STALKER or Fallout 3

I'd also like another Killzone: Liberation style game. Top down view, tactical shooter. Maybe combine this with the Space Combat Sim, so you can fly through space in first person in your own ship, then when you land on a planet and go off exploring the gameplay is in the style of Killzone: Liberation. Have big open environments, vehicles, exploring, lot's of action, RPG elements, back story etc.

nib95

Banned
I want KZ3 and KZ4 lol. But I wouldn't mind a Killzone fps game with more of an open world or RPG esque aspect about it. For example, when going through a battered up city ruin, why not have the ability to instead of just kill enemies, talk to the occupants of the city, buy, repair, upgrade weapons, talk to vendors in shops, walk around check out casualties, talk to other soldiers etc. I've always wanted more war esque fps to offer these kinds of RPG like aspects. But they never do. If they did, I think it could really strengthen the narrative, bonds between fellow comrades and give greater emphasis to the mission at hand.

In Saving Private Ryan, the build up's to the tense battles serve as a delicious starter of what's to come. And really help the viewer to understand and relate to each of the characters. Games should really take advantage of similar methods. More prolonged character studies or narrative segments. If in a shooter you spent half an hour talking to scared and panicking comrades, being briefed, setting up mines in prep for the immanent enemy attack etc, how much more tense would the actual battle be when it finally arrived?

Mik2121

I hate all of you guys picking up the game earlier :(

I'm here just waiting for Play-Asia to send my copy, but they still have in the info that they will get the game on the 27th.. I hope they get it earlier :'(

Gibb

nib95 said:
What do you mean by "uncut" version? Is the UK version different from the others or something?
It's a German thing apparently... uncut because it is not sensored.. unlike many other games in that country.

Donos

nib95 said:
What do you mean by "uncut" version? Is the UK version different from the others or something?

Germany is a little bit "special" about "violent" games but i thought that the german version was confirmed uncut (via consolewars.eu, yeah shitty site name :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've been playing through the campaign, and man, the visuals are just so damn impressive. I mean, everyone has seen a lot of stuff in trailers, but playing it yourself is something entirely different. The way everything moves is just so damn convincing. This very well might be the finest looking FPS I've ever played. I mean, Crysis is still doing more from a technical perspective, but it doesn't quite have the same level of perfection due to its wide open world. I really don't know how they pulled all this off, but it's damn impressive.

There are so many smaller details that I'm sure many people will fail to appreciate, but when they all come together, the picture they create is like art in motion.

KZObsessed

dark10x said:
I've been playing through the campaign, and man, the visuals are just so damn impressive. I mean, everyone has seen a lot of stuff in trailers, but playing it yourself is something entirely different. The way everything moves is just so damn convincing. This very well might be the finest looking FPS I've ever played. I mean, Crysis is still doing more from a technical perspective, but it doesn't quite have the same level of perfection due to its wide open world. I really don't know how they pulled all this off, but it's damn impressive.

There are so many smaller details that I'm sure many people will fail to appreciate, but when they all come together, the picture they create is like art in motion.

Goddammit does everyone now have a copy?? :lol

How far along are you?

Clinton514

Totobeni said:

Playing that web based game and hearing what sounded like Captain Narville, I'd like to see a PSP spin off with him.

Truant

I just want the next one to avoid giving you an incredibly powerful weapon that can kill multiple enemies at once with unlimited ammo, half-way through the game. Such a poor decision.

So is the online clan thread and all that hard work Full Recovery did thrown out the window now? Since there are already 3 neogaf clans and the game hasn't even come out yet! :lol

Do we just join any gaf clan we can get into? I'm confused now.

wallbc01

Neo Member
if anyone watches racing check out the nationwide qualifying and race today. the #20 gamestop car has a nice killzone 2 decal on the hood today

nib95

Banned
Truant said:
I just want the next one to avoid giving you an incredibly powerful weapon that can kill multiple enemies at once with unlimited ammo, half-way through the game. Such a poor decision.

I find your opinions constantly clash with my own. You don't enjoy killing Heavies, and you don't like the weapon in question. Both elements that many reviewers praised and loved.

You only use that weapon for a brief segment or two in the entire game, and it's absolutely fantastic. I personally wish you could use it more often in the game. Admittedly it is heavily overpowered against ordinary Helghan, but the flying bots later in that segment semi balance that out. You're only made to feel like a king for brief moments. Either way, it's magnificent when you do get it. You literally create a symphony of death. Dancing bodies every where. The number of grins that weapon game me....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
criesofthepast said:
So is the online clan thread and all that hard work Full Recovery did thrown out the window now? Since there are already 3 neogaf clans and the game hasn't even come out yet! :lol

Do we just join any gaf clan we can get into? I'm confused now.
The clans people keep talking about are for the webgame, not the actual game. People have been assigned to clans in the online thread.

McLovin

Some of you guys are really lucky. I went out Killzone hunting yesterday. 7-11, target.. couple of malls no broken release date here in CT :(

cameltoe

nib95 said:
I find your opinions constantly clash with my own. You don't enjoy killing Heavies, and you don't like the weapon in question. Both elements that many reviewers praised and loved.

You only use that weapon for a brief segment or two in the entire game, and it's absolutely fantastic. I personally wish you could use it more often in the game. Admittedly it is heavily overpowered against ordinary Helghan, but the flying bots later in that segment semi balance that out. You're only made to feel like a king for brief moments. Either way, it's magnificent when you do get it. You literally create a symphony of death. Dancing bodies every where. The number of grins that weapon game me....

he just wants to complain about something

Ephemeris

McLovin said:
Some of you guys are really lucky. I went out Killzone hunting yesterday. 7-11, target.. couple of malls no broken release date here in CT :(
Nothing heard or seen in the tri-state area as of yet (NY here).

edit: and if that changes, send me a PM!:D

McLovin

Ephemeris said:
Nothing heard or seen in the tri-state area as of yet (NY here).

edit: and if that changes, send me a PM!:D
Will do :D but you'll probably have better luck in NY we never get stuff early here :(

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Goddammit does everyone now have a copy?? :lol

How far along are you?
where did you order your game from, Play.com or Shopto?

I hope Shopto can deliver the game as early as Tuesday - they offer next day delivery and 'might' have it in stock by then. I think that is the absolute earliest us UKers will see the game. -.-

Top Bottom