• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

John_B

Blablurn said:
just killed my 1500th helghast :O
11kw4mx.gif

Arnie

-viper- said:
where did you order your game from, Play.com or Shopto?

I hope Shopto can deliver the game as early as Tuesday - they offer next day delivery and 'might' have it in stock by then. I think that is the absolute earliest us UKers will see the game. -.-
I'm in the same boat as you, ordered from Shopto. I would love to get it on Tuesday as that's my study day from college so it means I can stay home and kill Helghast.

peetfeet

-ARNiE- said:
I'm in the same boat as you, ordered from Shopto. I would love to get it on Tuesday as that's my study day from college so it means I can stay home and kill Helghast.

Ordered from Shopto too, i think its more likely to come wednesday. Pre-ordered stuff in the past has always arrived then for me, hopefully I'm wrong ;-)

Arnie

peetfeet said:
Ordered from Shopto too, i think its more likely to come wednesday. Pre-ordered stuff in the past has always arrived then for me, hopefully I'm wrong ;-)
Ha either way I hope your right man, that would give me some sweet play time even before the official release.

SSM25

Negaiido said:
Because most of us haven't played it yet -.- (well I did play the beta but that doesn't count)

I was talking about the IGN guy on the link, and many reviewers that like him already played the game.

Ploid 3.0 said:
So this site is pretty safe? I got Amazon at $60 and the free shipping lands it at march 3-4th. It says powered by amazon. Hmm I think I'm going to cancel the amazon one lol.
March 4??? I guess you ordered from Amazon too late. It was $56.99 and they had a $5 off coupon, so it became $51.99. Amazon even upgraded my order to release date delivery.

Ploid 3.0

This Machinima site has 0 feedback. Feels risky.

DIrtyWeasel said:
March 4??? I guess you ordered from Amazon too late. It was $56.99 and they had a $5 off coupon, so it became $51.99. Amazon even upgraded my order to release date delivery.

Yea I was too late.

Kittonwy

Banned
Totobeni said:
I wonder if Guerilla Games want to expand Killzone ( like Killzone liberation 2 for PSN or Killzone Warz or Helghan date sim ) in the next years or will go to new IP after Killzone 2 .

I just hope Sony don't force them to stay forever with Killzone ( like what happend with MS and Bungie ) , if Guerilla guys want to do something else and new after Killzone 2 I hope Sony just let them do that .

personally I want to see some mecha combat game like Zone of the Enders from them , Sony already own Omeega Boost IP so ..yeah .

If Killzone 2 does well, I think Guerilla Games will stay on the franchise and maybe develop other ideas on the side, this has to be their main series until they can generate another hit.

Flunkie

Banned
Kittonwy said:
If Killzone 2 does well, I think Guerilla Games will stay on the franchise and maybe develop other ideas on the side, this has to be their main series until they can generate another hit.
Hasn't it been confirmed that they're already working on their next project, another Killzone game?

DIrtyWeasel said:

I got it for 51.99 and mine says week of March 11th.

I had it preordered before but had to cancel it and order again so I could get the 5 dollars off.

A.R.K

SSM25 said:
old?

Why is it so difficult to say KZ 2 is one of the best CONSOLE games ever?, why?

Isn't it obvious by now?

its a PS3 exclusive and it just burns them inside for admitting that it turned out this good and almost beat the 05 trailer :D

Dementia

DIrtyWeasel said:
That $5 coupon (KZ2SAVE5) still works. I preordered from them last night and my total was $60.97 including release date shipping. I had to enter the coupon code at the bottom of that page where you change the shipping address because it wasn't registering on the main order summary page. Go figure.

-viper-

Banned
-ARNiE- said:
Ha either way I hope your right man, that would give me some sweet play time even before the official release.
Hmm I suppose Wednesday won't be so bad - Arsenal are playing on Tuesday so I'll probably be watching them. Heheh.

Arnie

-viper- said:
Hmm I suppose Wednesday won't be so bad - Arsenal are playing on Tuesday so I'll probably be watching them. Heheh.
Oh crap Liverpool are playing Real Madrid on Wednesday, well in that case, if it doesn't arrive Tuesday, I hope it arrives Thursday. So I can unlock some shit online before the masses arrive, plus I need 24 hours practise before EuroGaf hold their first clan match against USGaf in the prize for best GAFFERS.

Kittonwy

Banned
Flunkie said:
Hasn't it been confirmed that they're already working on their next project, another Killzone game?

Not sure, they should be working on the next chapter of the Killzone saga though, all the assets and tools are there already.

DoomGyver

5 more single player trophies to unlock, I loathe those trophies where you have to kill x amount of enemies with 1 grenade. D:

And I played 1 round of skirmish vs bots. Am I crazy or does the gunplay feel a little bit faster in multiplayer?

Irnbru

Full Recovery said:
5 more single player trophies to unlock, I loathe those trophies where you have to kill x amount of enemies with 1 grenade. D:

And I played 1 round of skirmish vs bots. Am I crazy or does the gunplay feel a little bit faster in multiplayer?

GG stated that the gunplay is faster in mp. Last I've read

Full Recovery said:

It's faster which is one of the reasons why the cover system isn't used in multiplayer.

KGKK

Banned
Almost here!! It will feel great to finish up my midterms and play this shit. Too bad my friend's bday party is this saturday night. Fucker I want to stay in, have some beers and shoot me some HelG's.. Yeehaaw!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Full Recovery said:

I have an advice for that.

Start second level on Easy setting. After you meet up with Nerville and blow up the door, go to first Higs encounter (where there is a Hig vaulting over a fence to the left). Don't stay behind cover and rush ahead without killing anybody until the SMG wielding Higs come into place. Now run back to where you came from and take cover. Wait for the Higs to group at the end of the hallway and when you count 5 close together, toss a well cooked nade into the pack.

Ploid 3.0

WinFonda said:
Can anyone vouch for this site? I know I've heard of them before, but it seems a little too good to be true.

I tried to order from it but they sent a email saying that something was wrong with my order and I had to go deep into Amazon user stuff to cancel the payment. Now I can't order from them at all. I tried that 5 off code before and it didn't work, now it does. Screw the Machinima site. I'll just order it through Amazon, I don't need a walkthrough dvd.

cakefoo

DIrtyWeasel said:
For free? Do you have Prime? I upgraded mine myself, and it was like $6.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
where did you order your game from, Play.com or Shopto?

I hope Shopto can deliver the game as early as Tuesday - they offer next day delivery and 'might' have it in stock by then. I think that is the absolute earliest us UKers will see the game. -.-

Shopto yeah. It's my first order so they havn't verified my credit card yet :S

Hope that doesn't hold things up.

-viper- said:

Arsenal fan!?
angry.gif

-ARNiE- said:
Oh crap Liverpool are playing Real Madrid on Wednesday, well in that case, if it doesn't arrive Tuesday, I hope it arrives Thursday. So I can unlock some shit online before the masses arrive, plus I need 24 hours practise before EuroGaf hold their first clan match against USGaf in the prize for best GAFFERS.

Liverpool fan!?!?
angry.gif
angry.gif

damn it, there no midnight launches near me. I need too see if i can switch my shift next friday. If we're going to do this we need to do it right

Top Bottom