• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

BeeDog

Blablurn said:
finished the game for the second time now. oh gawd! so good!

oh gawd, SHUT UP!
angry.gif

/jealous

BobTheFork said:
damn it, there no midnight launches near me. I need too see if i can switch my shift next friday. If we're going to do this we need to do it right

Same here. Im hoping to luck out at my local Walmart, but Ive heard they shut down their electronics departments before then. Is that true?

I've requested Friday and the following Monday off from work...I dont think I could hold off until Friday morning.

Truant

cameltoe said:
he just wants to complain about something

Why would I want that?

I've said this multiple times; I want every game to be the best thing ever, so I can play it and have a great time. I'm not stupid, I don't have any 'hidden agenda' or 'bias'. I like what I like, regardless of platform, developer, publisher, you name it. If you can't handle that, then put me on ignore.

nib95

Banned
TTP said:
I have an advice for that.

Start second level on Easy setting. After you meet up with Nerville and blow up the door, go to first Higs encounter (where there is a Hig vaulting over a fence to the left). Don't stay behind cover and rush ahead without killing anybody until the SMG wielding Higs come into place. Now run back to where you came from and take cover. Wait for the Higs to group at the end of the hallway and when you count 5 close together, toss a well cooked nade into the pack.

You're awesome.

xiked

Banned
BeeDog said:
Why Discshop man? Their games are ALWAYS overpriced. :/
not overpriced, they have a price that so actually can make them some money of the game. The margin is about 3% at the most when you set a price at 599:- swedish kronor for a new game. Thats not much, I know the prise, because I book everything that comes to my work and set a price tag for it.And now when Sony, nintendo and MS have increased the price to us, we must sell for exampel Fable 2 for 699 swedish kronor and we earn 2% of that...

BeeDog

xiked said:
not overpriced, they have a price that so actually can make them some money of the game. The margin is about 3% at the most when you set a price at 599:- swedish kronor for a new game. Thats not much, its about 10-20 swedish kronor i revenue. I know the prise, because I book everything that comes to my work and set a price tag for it. And now when Sony, nintendo and MS have increased the price to us, we must sell for exampel Fable 2 for 699 swedish kronor and we earn 2% of that...

Off-topic: do you work in the Media Markt in Kungens Kurva? A friend that's also waiting for the game would like to know the pricing of it there, since he refuses to order it from web stores.

xiked

Banned
BeeDog said:
Off-topic: do you work in the Media Markt in Kungens Kurva? A friend that's also waiting for the game would like to know the pricing of it there, since he refuses to order it from web stores.

Not working there. But the price is not set yet, might change if there will be a price war whit other competitors. maximum is 599:- might be cheaper. If you preebook you get a copy of Bangkok dangerous on blu-ray

xiked

Banned
Cant believe this is in game! Will be great to move around in this ad in march when they release the trailer interactively on PSN :p Will be great.

3522kaw.jpg

***EDIT**

WHAT?!

A gam***** user posted a scan along with a translated version of the dutch article from the dutch gaming magazine Power Unlimited.
The article states that Guerilla games is already working on Killzone 3 and Killzone: liberation 2. The article also talks about the upcoming DLC. Hit the jump to read the
article.

SCan image is to be found but will not link it. Think its bannable.

Just picked it up thanks to a few of you dropping the Meijer tip. Went to three of them. The first one was nearly 1.5 hours away from my house.

Of course, I find it at the Meijer 10 minutes from my house. They just hit the shelf and had 10 of them. I bought it like 10 minutes ago.

This is the Meijer on the southside of Indianapolis in Greenwood.

3299105640_c24a7ac239_m.jpg

Hit me up with a friends request if you guys want to play this weekend.

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

I know you should never post images on this site cause of what you guys will do with them, but I am so fired up.

3rdamention said:
Just picked it up thanks to a few of you dropping the Meijer tip. Went to three of them. The first one was nearly 1.5 hours away from my house.

I know you should never post images on this site, but I am so fired up. Could someone go ahead and Killzonify this picture???? lol. Cannot wait till the launch party FRIDAY!!!!
Congrats man. Now get out of here and go play.

RoboPlato said:
I think MotherH said they would be up on the day of release in each region.

That's fantastic news. Good to see that GG is trying to prevent people from getting a jump on others in the multiplayer mode.

Also, I just saw a KZ2 commercial during Cops.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Don't know if this get it's own tread but we should be seeing more Killzone games on the way?

Well, that didn’t take long. According to a GameTrailers Forum user TheRandomGamer, when reading a dutch gaming magazine, Power Unlimited, they found an interview with one of the developers at Guerrilla Games. And in the interview they said that Guerrilla Games were already working on Killzone 3, which the mag quoted for a newspaper called ‘De Volkrant’.

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/02/21/guerrilla-games-working-on-more-killzone-titles/

i just got back from gamestop, gooooddamit i hate that place! I had to switch my preorder store to one that is like 4 minutes away. They still told me they dont know if there will be a midnight launch, even though I called the other day and someone told me there would be.

I saw someone post about the killzone 2 commercial on cops, my girlfriend and i have had cops on in the background and then i hear silence on the tv....i knew, it was playing, and i jumped over a couch to watch it. So glad at least some advertising is starting. now they need to be playing these commercials all week long, in front of popular shows like lost, instead of cops.

Flunkie said:
Filth, I see you playing right now, and I hate you.

Hey brother, I am sitting on the difficulty screen. I want to try for the Platinum, so I know I will have to play it on Elite, but I dont know what to play on my first time through.

I am one of those stupid gamers that gets the hot game, everything has to be right before I play. Which means, I have to have a smoke session or two, then get the lights and sound all ready, then finally sit down to play.

I am thinking Medium, then going straight to Elite. It will unlock Elite if I just beat it on medium, right?

Rikyfree

Well my old EQ character just got recovered from SoE, and this game is almost 5 days away. DAMN YOU SONY FOR TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!

Pojo

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Play it on Veteran.
Well yeah, but can you unlock the hardest mode via a normal playthrough?

I prefer to start off at normal and then just tackle the hardest, but I don't want to play the game three times to get the trophy.

I beat Uncharted a grand total of four times, heh.

jax (old)

Banned
I gotta say. I'm really amped up about getting my hands on killzone 2! As mentioned, went to the sydney KZ2 event and got some swag. photos here now. :D This and RE5 are going to make my gaming 2009. I really can't think of any more games announced/unannounced (uncharted2) that I really really really want to play.

The game looked incredible. I had a lot of fun with it. And my mate who was there watching/playing it was amazed. This game truly truly is killerapp!

DSCF3276.jpg

DSCF3274.jpg

DSCF3272.jpg

DSCF3271.jpg

DSCF3270.jpg

Andvary

Truant said:
Why would I want that?

I've said this multiple times; I want every game to be the best thing ever, so I can play it and have a great time. I'm not stupid, I don't have any 'hidden agenda' or 'bias'. I like what I like, regardless of platform, developer, publisher, you name it. If you can't handle that, then put me on ignore.

:lol

That's so funny coming from you, since you already admitted being a joke character.

Truant said:
Someone has to do it. I've been banned like five times, and people still think I'm serious

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14019966&postcount=581

KZObsessed

Pojo said:
Well yeah, but can you unlock the hardest mode via a normal playthrough?

I prefer to start off at normal and then just tackle the hardest, but I don't want to play the game three times to get the trophy.

I beat Uncharted a grand total of four times, heh.

Someone told me the game plays best on Veteran, so play it on Veteran. Especially if you're going to tackle Elite, you may as well start high. Normal is the new easy.

But yeah I think someone said it unlocks Elite if you play it on normal. You should play it on Veteran tho.

play it on Veteran

anddo0

Dragnet said:
Spoilers on the GT frontpage, beware. Bastard forum cunts :(

Yeah I saw it too.. I'm upset, but it won't stop me from enjoying the game.. GT are asses though, they left the spoiler up there for a good hour, even after the thread was deleted.

Top Bottom