• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

iceatcs

Just got back from Amsterdam trip.

I have been catch up some of the videos. The US TV spot one was really AFW. Is it the one might be playable with camera/timing advert demo on March?
PAL TV spot is also cool and nice to showing the gameplay footage, also I like the rotate view like movie scene from Bad Boys.

I like the official behind of the scene video from Three Speech, so immersion.

CryptiK

I didnt know there was a Killzone 2 Sydney Event! :( damn it

Did anybody get free copies of the game? I would have just taken one out of the PS3's >.<

AranhaHunter said:
Ads during UFC 95:

Killzone 2 = 1
GTA IV The Lost and Damned = at least 3
House of the Dead Wii = at least 3

Yeah, it was pretty sad. L&D and HotD were both shown over 4 times, and even Halo Wars was shown once. I guess Sony thinks once is enough :/

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That's fantastic news. Good to see that GG is trying to prevent people from getting a jump on others in the multiplayer mode.

Also, I just saw a KZ2 commercial during Cops.

It beginz.
angry.gif

Dementia

beast786 said:
Eliete mode reminds of uncharted crushing mode. same type of difficulty
I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere, but on the harder difficulties is the enemy AI improved and/or your health reduced, or does it just change the helghast into bullet sponges?

Kittonwy

Banned
Dementia said:
I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere, but on the harder difficulties is the enemy AI improved and/or your health reduced, or does it just change the helghast into bullet sponges?

Whether it's the enemy health increasing or the player health reduced forcing the player into cover and a less aggressive stance, it gives the enemy AI more time and opportunities to make tactical moves and thus you can see the AI in action better.

Dementia

Kittonwy said:
Whether it's the enemy health increasing or the player health reduced forcing the player into cover and a less aggressive stance, it gives the enemy AI more time and opportunities to make tactical moves and thus you can see the AI in action better.
Ah, alright, cool. That sounds like a pretty cool approach, actually, and probably makes it so that the enemies don't feel as "cheap" as they do in other games at higher difficulties.

I beat Killzone
today, and overall that game is really a good. The story excels far beyond everything else, but the game is still a lot of fun to play. The framerate gets a little wonky during the later stages, and the technical issues that run throughout the game are very prevalent, but it goes to show you that over all these technical issues GG still managed to make a fun game.

Looking back and watching the E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2, I can totally see that is what GG imaged for Killzone 1. That trailer embodies exactly what they were shooting for with Killzone 1, and the PS2 just couldn't give it to them.

Now tomorrow I'll replay Liberation, so I'm in for a treat.

bycha

Finished first 3 levels -- best single FPS experience i had in years. Veteran is recommended to start playing. Killzone 2 really fells like tactical shooter + ordinary shooter in best proportion. Hardcore muscular gameplay. Even though the game is really stunning in graphics department -- I have no time to see it, really concentrating on cover and enemies.

Xater

Finished the game yesterday on Veteran. Took me almost 8 hours. Awesome game and the credits sequence so well done. Can Sony put those online servers up now please? :D

Darkpen

Banned
so... that browser game thing doesn't seem to work for me. I saw it trigger once, and its been "Checking for Helghast" ever since. Something to note, though, is that I clicked it when it triggered, but I didn't have any websites loaded, or at least, I was slowly loading a page, and then I decided to close it D:

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, it was pretty sad. L&D and HotD were both shown over 4 times, and even Halo Wars was shown once. I guess Sony thinks once is enough :/
L&D and HotD are both out right now. On the other hand, this could be the first time this gen that sony advertises a game on TV before it's actually released.

Mik2121

Darkpen said:
so... that browser game thing doesn't seem to work for me. I saw it trigger once, and its been "Checking for Helghast" ever since. Something to note, though, is that I clicked it when it triggered, but I didn't have any websites loaded, or at least, I was slowly loading a page, and then I decided to close it D:
Check youtube and press F5 a lot of times until it shows up :D

Snipes424

Btw guys, don't ever go to Gametrailers.com

I went there today to watch the new Infamous videos and I look on the right side of the webpage where the forum topics are and some fucking fuckface posted the ending spoiler of KZ2 as the thread topic.

So yeah I would stay away from there.

Also.. I wonder if GT can get in trouble for that, because technically they had the spoiler right on their homepage.

Mik2121

ice cream said:
Nice but how the hell are we mean to sift through such a huge thread?
Aww hell naw

(click on the pic for a 1080 pic). I made it using the base illustrator version another user made :)

jax (old)

Banned
zewone said:
Wow. What is this? A poster. I hope that is a real theme.

that's a postcard with a pic of the exclusive killzone2 theme you can get. On the back are instructions and a redemption code that allows you access to grab that particular theme. I have it installed. :D

BeeDog

Jax said:
that's a postcard with a pic of the exclusive killzone2 theme you can get. On the back are instructions and a redemption code that allows you access to grab that particular theme. I have it installed. :D

Since you've already redeemed it, would it be possible for you to PM the code and let a fellow soul try to redeem it too? :D Would be very appreciated.

Xater

McBacon said:
Oh man, that sucks.

Make sure you PM me a link to the review when its done, I'd love to read it.

If I am not mistaken Blablurn writes for Onpsx.net so it will be in German. :D

This morning I played some more Killzone and I encoutered something totally awesome. I shot shis one guy on a bridge then he stumbled over the railing and tried to hold onto it with one hand. Then he fell down. :lol

NameIess

Snipes424 said:
Btw guys, don't ever go to Gametrailers.com

I went there today to watch the new Infamous videos and I look on the right side of the webpage where the forum topics are and some fucking fuckface posted the ending spoiler of KZ2 as the thread topic.

So yeah I would stay away from there.

Also.. I wonder if GT can get in trouble for that, because technically they had the spoiler right on their homepage.

It still just shocks me how hard some people are working to negatively impact Killzone 2 sales. It's really mind blowing the amount of effort going into derailing this game's launch, wow...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
NameIess said:
It still just shocks me how hard some people are working to negatively impact Killzone 2 sales. It's really mind blowing the amount of effort going into derailing this game's launch, wow...

Umm...I don't think it is that. People post spoilers in this forum all the time, doesn't mean they are "working to negatively impact sales", I just think people want to show off that they got the game early and have no concept of people not wanting the game spoiled.

Everything is not some mass conspiracy to hurt game sales.

Donos

NameIess said:

Thats still really nothing compared to MSG4 spoilerattacks all around the net at the release. And MGS4 is very "story" driven with "wtf" story reveals while everybody could still enjoy the firefights in KZ2 if they would now that Noby Noby Boy is the final boss.
he isn't :)

Brannon

Donos said:
Thats still really nothing compared to MSG4 spoilerattacks all around the net at the release. And MGS4 is very "story" driven with "wtf" story reveals while everybody could still enjoy the firefights in KZ2 if they would now that Noby Noby Boy is the final boss.
he isn't :)

BASTARD!!!!!!!O#*($*UHJA

Back on topic, will GG give this game the same type of support that Bungie has thus far given Halo 3? This is the most important question of our time, btw.

Brannon said:
Back on topic, will GG give this game the same type of support that Bungie has thus far given Halo 3? This is the most important question of our time, btw.

In terms of numerous content updates? They've already discussed quite a few things that either will be (new map packs) or could be (vehicles and co-op) added later. So it looks like they're going to give it a lot of support.

Xater

Brannon said:
BASTARD!!!!!!!O#*($*UHJA

Well Rumor has it that the first DLC will hit right after the official release. Or was is already oncfirmed? I'm not quite sure.

I wonder when the servers for online play will finally go up.

Top Bottom