• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Shurs

nib95 said:
Not too long now. Watch this thread explode. Reminds me, I still haven't even done my review.

Who do you write for, Nib? This is like the third time I've asked and you have yet to reply.

Thrakier

Bah, I should stop reading message boards. There is so much negativity going on (like with every other major release) that this is really killing my hype for the game. I hate it when this happens. :(

nib95

Banned
Shurs said:
Who do you write for, Nib? This is like the third time I've asked and you have yet to reply.

I've responded to that question twice now lol. I don't write for anyone. I write for you guys and myself. It's all about the connections you see (and helping out fellow industry peeps every now and again)! Which reminds me, I should be getting Halo Wars tomorrow. :D

Shurs

nib95 said:
I've responded to that question twice now lol. I don't write for anyone. I write for you guys and myself. It's all about the connections you see! Which reminds me, I should be getting Halo Wars tomorrow. :D

Lol, sorry. Thread moves fast, you know. I know you've had the game for quite some time, as I've seen you playing it on PSN. I just misunderstood when you said you still have to review the game.

Xater

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier....

So I looked around on Killzone.com and apparently the servers will go up on the 25th. :(

bigswords

Xater said:
I don't know why I didn't do this earlier....

So I looked around on Killzone.com and apparently the servers will go up on the 25th. :(

You have the game in your hands now? Why are you complaining, go play more of the single player, the rest of the world has to wait till 26th Feb.

FightyF

Banned
So what are the odds that some retailers will sell it on the 25th (Tuesday) thinking that it is the release date (as Tuesdays are typically the days for new game/movie releases)?

Or are the boxes marked with a "do not sell before XXX Date" with a bright hot pink label? Any EB/GameStop/Retail workers able to comment on this?

xiked

Banned
bigswords said:
You have the game in your hands now? Why are you complaining, go play more of the single player, the rest of the world has to wait till 26th Feb.

24th for me :p But the most irritating thing is that we will get KZ2 copies at work tomorrow...and I cant get hold of one until 24th...

rexor0717

I've been calling around to local stores trying to get this game...no luck so far. If not today, I will just have to wait until Friday.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im an idiot
After almost one year .... i discovered (Thanks to this thread) that the Playstation 3 browser can save images to the HDD

Costanza said:
I asked this early in the thread but noone responded:

Is gamestop doing midnight launches for this or not?

Some are and some aren't. The best thing you can do is call your local Gamestop and ask them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Costanza said:
I asked this early in the thread but noone responded:

Is gamestop doing midnight launches for this or not?
Mine is. Only because stores like Meijer and Walmart will have their ad midnight. It's a competition thing. I'm all for it and will have mine at midnight.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kittonwy said:
GO TORTONDO!
angry.gif

We'll have to have a Tortondo squad in our Gaf-east clan. :)

NameIess

Looks like my store is doing an Midnight launch.
It's good to see Gamestop is stepping their game up, because Gamecrazy is already doing midnight launches and they did not have the preorder codes.

Xater

bigswords said:

What's wron with it is that you can pretty much go into any shop and buy the game. The servers should be up by now. Even Halo 3 had the servers up earlier.

Its still up in the air, I asked once, and the guy said yes defintely. Then i asked again when i was switching my preorder stores and they said they wont know till a few days before. So youll have to check like 2 days before release i guess.

NameIess

Xater said:
What's wron with it is that you can pretty much go into any shop and buy the game. The servers should be up by now. Even Halo 3 had the servers up earlier.

I guess you live in the middle east, because retailers in the US are not offering the game over the counter at all retailers. If anyone is aware of retailers selling the game early please PM me locations so I can make a road trip.

Xater

NameIess said:
I guess you live in the middle east, because retailers in the US are not offering the game over the counter at all retailers. If anyone is aware of retailers selling the game early please PM me locations so I can make a road trip.

No I live in Germany...

bigswords

Xater said:

Not in the US and not in most of Asia. For Halo 3 it was released worldwide roughly at the same time.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dskillzhtown said:
Umm...I don't think it is that. People post spoilers in this forum all the time, doesn't mean they are "working to negatively impact sales", I just think people want to show off that they got the game early and have no concept of people not wanting the game spoiled.

Everything is not some mass conspiracy to hurt game sales.
There's definitely people working relatively hard to negatively impact any big game sales, regardless of the platform. One look at user ratings on Metacritic for KZ2, Halo 3, Gears 2 or LBP will tell you that.

Actually, I just checked, and they removed the user rating for KZ2, because of this reason. For other games I mentioned, it's still there and you can take a look.

This is in stark contrast with 'unimportant' releases like Noby Noby Boy or Flower where the user ratings are usually in line, or a bit better than official critics.

Xater

bigswords said:
Not in the US and not in most of Asia. For Halo 3 it was released worldwide roughly at the same time.

And they they still managed to turn on the servers 2 or 3 days before the official release date. And for Killzone 2 the date is the 25th here in good old Europe ;)

It's also pretty uch normal that any game is in stores at least one day earlier, so this will just end up in alot of people wondering why they can't play online. :lol

SonComet

bigswords said:
Seriously. I'd love to see someone find it in Southern California so I can buy it early too.

Blablurn

The Lamonster said:
So I could create a second account and it will let me make it Euro but I could still keep my regular US account?

you can create as many accounts as you want. you can even play the demo on your us account as soon you have downloaded it.

Dragnet

user friendly said:
I need this theme badly. It's not the Qore theme, which I already have. Surely there is a download link somewhere out there.

It's exclusive for pre-orders with play.com. I'm sure when the game is released and the codes are sent out for the theme it'll leak :)

ChrisD84

-ARNiE- said:
I'm in the same boat as you, ordered from Shopto. I would love to get it on Tuesday as that's my study day from college so it means I can stay home and kill Helghast.

I ordered it from there too. Fingers crossed that it might come as early as tuesday since my mate got his SFIV from shopto, and his copy arrived on the tuesday :D

Dibbz

play.com says it has it in stock right now and will ship within 24 hours. I'm on the fence about buying it yet. I don't wanna get it if the servers are not up and running but I could use the time to finish the single player before hitting the multiplayer at the end of the week.

Anyone confirm this is not a mistake and they are actually selling it early?

kaskade

SolidSnakex said:
That'll be the street date. Many stores already have their copies, they just can't sell them until the 27th.
Well, I'm already excited for Friday and the week hasn't even started yet.

Top Bottom