• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Flunkie

Banned
WTF why would he open that?!

Edit: Oh, okay, so they signed the box. At first I was like.. wow, that's so nice to have a sealed copy of KZ2. Then he opened it up and I cringed. But they signed the box, it seems like. That's okay I guess.

Kittonwy

Banned
Flunkie said:
WTF why would he open that?!

Edit: Oh, okay, so they signed the box. At first I was like.. wow, that's so nice to have a sealed copy of KZ2. Then he opened it up and I cringed. But they signed the box, it seems like. That's okay I guess.

LOL how would he play the game without opening the box?
Indifferent2.gif

cakefoo

212rocky212 (tournament winner in youtube video) said:
The prize is pretty fancy. It's probably the best prize I've ever won. What else can I say?

Oh man. When I won this... jeez...

(lifelessly tosses signed case, with disc inside, like a frisbee)

Heeyyyeeaoookaaay!

Dante

Did they ever release what was show at GDC 2 years ago? I remember on 1upYours they saw some Killzone 2 presentation at GDC before its unveil at E3, I don't remember them saying much other than it looked odd, and not what they expected to be what the game will look like?

Joni

Anyone got an idea how to pass the refinery after
you split from your companion? A beam seems to be blocking my way once you go inside. It is after finishing the train.

bh7812

Banned
I am starting to feel more and more that the whole "Street Date" concept needs to be done away with, especially with how almost every major game like this someone breaks the street date anyway. Once someone breaks the date, these companies need to say "Ok, fine, go ahead and sell it" Either that or it needs to be once the stores get it in they can sell it. That would save the people in retail MAJOR grief..people coming in and begging, trying to bribe them with extra money and endless phone calls asking about the game or begging for them to break the street date. As soon as the Meijers broke that street date Sony should have gone "Ya know what we can't stop it at this point so we're giving the ok to sell it if you have it or to do so as your shipments arrive".

For some of the younger peiople around here, especially back in the NES days from what I remember there wasn't really any of this "Street Date" stuff. The stores could sell the games as soon as they got them. It was nice to see Mario 3 suddenly show up in a few places near me unexpectedly and they sold it to my parents no problem and none of this "Omg we'll get a fine if we sell it early" stuff. Needs to go back to that I say.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I won't be getting my copy until tomorrow. I expected it today. :(

One more day. :D

TEH-CJ

Banned
bh7812 said:
I am starting to feel more and more that the whole "Street Date" concept needs to be done away with, especially with how almost every major game like this someone breaks the street date anyway. Once someone breaks the date, these companies need to say "Ok, fine, go ahead and sell it" Either that or it needs to be once the stores get it in they can sell it. That would save the people in retail MAJOR grief..people coming in and begging, trying to bribe them with extra money and endless phone calls asking about the game or begging for them to break the street date. As soon as the Meijers broke that street date Sony should have gone "Ya know what we can't stop it at this point so we're giving the ok to sell it if you have it or to do so as your shipments arrive".

For some of the younger peiople around here, especially back in the NES days from what I remember there wasn't really any of this "Street Date" stuff. The stores could sell the games as soon as they got them. It was nice to see Mario 3 suddenly show up in a few places near me unexpectedly and they sold it to my parents no problem and none of this "Omg we'll get a fine if we sell it early" stuff. Needs to go back to that I say.

Yea this whole street day shit is a bunch of fucking bullshit.

bh7812 said:

You speak to my heart man.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
They need to release it now because I don't want to play anything else.
angry.gif

^ i'm just pretty much waiting till Friday, played Noby Noby, tired of the racing games i've been on for the past few months, and I platinum'd Mirror's Edge last week to prep for pure Killzoneness. Now the big question is do I jump straight into MP or spend a week on the SP? x_x

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
icechai said:
^ i'm just pretty much waiting till Friday, played Noby Noby, tired of the racing games i've been on for the past few months, and I platinum'd Mirror's Edge last week to prep for pure Killzoneness. Now the big question is do I jump straight into MP or spend a week on the SP? x_x
Go with SP, it will probably only take you a night or two, then get your multiplayer goodness on.

.GqueB.

Banned
Whoever gets to walk around in those suits all day seriously needs to thank their lucky stars they have such a sweet job.

They have no reason to complain about work. They just dont.

So I clicked on a justin.tv stream that was showing a guy playing killzone 2, and I ended up watching the end of the game right when it started playing

:|

all i can say is:
wtf Rico?

icechai

Rez said:
Go with SP, it will probably only take you a night or two, then get your multiplayer goodness on.

see now here's the tricky part. Single player = 10 hrs, for most working ppl its 1-3 hrs a night of playing (depending on how lenient your sig other is), and all things considering, us beta testers would have a jump on the competition in MP early and we could level up a lot faster to unlock all the badges/classes.

Although single player really will last me much longer as elite mode should have great AI from what people are saying, so it would be worth it to play it through multiple times :)

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Kinan said:
this one got me rolling for some reason:

helg_screen_06_large.jpg

For some reason I imagine a Call Center for some Vektan bank that's been outsourced to Helghan for the lower labour costs. You know the ones, where the Employees have to read newspapers for the country they're supposed to be in and have the weather reports and all on their desktops, plus the clock set to the other locale's timezone?

"Hail Consumer! I'm... Dustin... your account representative. Isn't it a glorious Vektan day, with blue sky? You certainly cannot hear the wind howling outside like a million starving wolves!"

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Joni said:
Anyone got an idea how to pass the refinery after
you split from your companion? A beam seems to be blocking my way once you go inside. It is after finishing the train.

Remember the electrified door you passed in one of the early levels? Same thing. It's right behind the beams, ahead of you

Darkpen

Banned
I'm kinda bummed out that there won't be a KZ2 launch party in SF, as I imagine they could have been if the playstation store was still around :(

Top Bottom