• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

So...I think about nine to fifteen months ago, I was reading some "hype" about KZ2 and the developers hinted at how the weather on the Helghan planet would play some kind of role in the gameplay.

I haven't heard/read anything about weather effects in reviews so far.

Does anyone else remember this being mentioned or am I getting old and mixing shit up?

Does anyone else smell burnt toast?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
RoboPlato said:
A dead link or is Killzone.com just dead, like usual? Awesome news if true.

Killzone is just loading sloooooooooooooowly. Very slowly.

Got an 80% Completion rate so far! Missing 5 bits of Intel, and about 16 symbols. Getting towards the 1500 Helghast trophy, and about half way through the game on Elite.

Loudninja

McBacon said:

Got an 80% Completion rate so far! Missing 5 bits of Intel, and about 16 symbols. Getting towards the 1500 Helghast trophy, and about half way through the game on Elite.

Wow nice,m how long would you say it took you to reach 80%?

NIN90

McBacon said:

No Multiplayer trophies?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
sankt-Antonio said:
dump plot and romanticizing nazi culture... well thats what a big german outlett writes about killzone

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/spielzeug/0,1518,609091,00.html

"Und ihre Plots sind in etwa so clever wie die von "Landser"-Heftchen aus den fünfzigern"

if only the writer of that artikel saw the official thread here on gaf
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't say that it romanticizes nazi culture at all... It says that it romanticizes war culture, much like a bunch of other shooters. The article is not really all that about KZ2 to begin with, more like about shooters in general and their often black/white simplistic worldview.

iceatcs

http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=210&kz_file_id=5028

In case if you are still trying to get in that site, I've screenshot on survived page.(video not loading, I dunno either not yet or too busy)
Killzone2comBattleReplay.jpg

bigdaddygamebot said:
So...I think about nine to fifteen months ago, I was reading some "hype" about KZ2 and the developers hinted at how the weather on the Helghan planet would play some kind of role in the gameplay.

I haven't heard/read anything about weather effects in reviews so far.

Does anyone else remember this being mentioned or am I getting old and mixing shit up?

Does anyone else smell burnt toast?

Yeah, they mentioned that a lot when they first started showing footage of the game. Doesn't look like it's materialized in any way aside from the Helghast shooting lightning at you.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, they mentioned that a lot when they first started showing footage of the game. Doesn't look like it's materialized in any way aside from the Helghast shooting lightning at you.

Okay. Thanks for the info. I hyad hoped I wasn't confusing it for another game. I'm a big fan of weather effects so it kindof stuck in the back of my head. A shame they didn't have the time to flesh out what they had hinted at.

thaOwner

Fersis said:

Battle Replays: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We'll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks.

Clans: You will be able to create and administer your clans from the page so you don't have to be on your PS3 to see who wants to be in your clan or what the latest is on any upcoming games.

Tournaments: You will be able to set up clans from the site, just like in-game, but will be able to see the results and how they played out on the tournament wheel too.

Challenges: This offers the same functionality as the in-game, but of course lets you set up your battles remotely.

STATS!: We all love stats! And if the stats recorded in-game are not enough for you, we show even more here! Including match performance, a weapons cloud to show what weapons are used most and preferred faction.

Leaderboards: Same as in-game! See where you are from work!

fuuuuuck.gif

iceatcs

Fersis said:
Battle Replays: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We'll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks.

Sound cool. Hope you can download easy way after it going to gone. (Firefox plugin will save it)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Neo-Sheperd said:
fuuuuuck.gif
Yeah i dont understand neither. :(
If it is what i understand... is really amazing.. but i doubt it is.

dfyb

Banned
sounds neat. but i think it may be an overview, and not in-game view

cameltoe

Battle Replays: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We'll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks

edit: beaten

Jostifer

Battle Replays seems like the battle reports found on Bungie.net.

Difference here seems to be that this one is interactive and you can fast forward or rewind to see matches unfold.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
dhelfric said:
No Multiplayer trophies?

Oh, this is the in-game percentage, for single player completion. Only got a measly 32% of the trophies. There are online ones too.

Loudninja said:
Wow nice,m how long would you say it took you to reach 80%?

That being said, 14 hours

Since KZ: Liberation. They were annoying as hell to kill. Here is hoping that annoyance dont carry over to KZ2.

no dogs in KZ2

DoomGyver

The hidden helghan symbols are kicking my ass. I've gone through a couple levels 2 or 3 times looking at everything and still can't find all of them.

Then I find one and I'm like DOH, that wasn't hidden at all.

Any guides around?

thaOwner

McBacon said:
Oh, this is the in-game percentage, for single player completion. Only got a measly 32% of the trophies. There are online ones too.

That being said, 14 hours

no dogs in KZ2

EXCELLENT.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Full Recovery said:
The hidden helghan symbols are kicking my ass. I've gone through a couple levels 2 or 3 times looking at everything and still can't find all of them.

Then I find one and I'm like DOH, that wasn't hidden at all.

Any guides around?

Not yet. Try asking me. Perhaps I can help. I have got all of them :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Those MP shots are fantastic. I love how much care went into the design of the maps. They're a lot more interesting to look at than the MP maps in most games.

Top Bottom