• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
BradleyUK said:
When did dogs come into play?

dog-killzone.jpg

They look like a menace.

RUH-ROH!

thaOwner

you dudes killed killzone.com. I haven't been able to acess the site since the new features were implemented
today. Stop going there and let me check it out and then you can have it again ok guys ?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So yeah... killzone.com is not loading ... thanks guys.. really thanks! :mad: :lol

Enojado

fuck, i really want a steelbook version of kz2, but that version isn't sold in the US. Can anybody recommend a reputable oversees site that will ship it to the US at a reasonable cost?

Also, very dumb question but I figured I'd ask it anyway, how does buying a product in a different currency with a US credit card work? Is the amount charged automatically convereted to US dollars on my cc or will there be some sort of fee involved because of two currencies being used?

ice cream

Banned
-ARNiE- said:
So nice. This will be mine as soon as Shopto pull their finger out their ass.
Was that really needed? They're getting their stock tomorrow and sending it out as soon as possible. Should get it on Thursday.

blanky

Hermen Hulst from Guerilla Games is being interviewed right now on Dutch tv, nothing seriously interesting apart from him explaining ideas and philosophy. But goddamn those guys interviewing (pauw/witteman) are acting like ignorant yahoos. Still really proud that this studio from amsterdam has achieved, wish they accepted my internship years ago :( *holds on tight to dissaproval letter*

.GqueB.

Banned
Gully State said:
So there isn't a real 3D replay function then?
Nah not like Halo's replay function if thats what youre thinking. This is more for strategy and such it would seem. With all this clan talk Id imagine something like this would be more relevant.

blanky said:
Hermen Hulst from Guerilla Games is being interviewed right now on Dutch tv, nothing seriously interesting apart from him explaining ideas and philosophy. But goddamn those guys interviewing (pauw/witteman) are acting like ignorant yahoos. Still really proud that this studio from amsterdam has achieved, wish they accepted my internship years ago :( *holds on tight to dissaproval letter*

Yeah it's annoying. But he's doing great.

Rimshot

I am going to have a very low game-budget this next coming month.
And there are two games I feel like I must have, this (kz2) and Resident Evil 5. Going to buy one of them when they releases and one the month after or so. My problem is I can't choose which to get now.

Would you get Killzone 2 over Resident Evil 5 or the other way around?

Arnie

ice cream said:
Was that really needed?
Yes, everyone has the game, everyone has stock. I'm not disappointed with their service, just wished I could have the game before or as the servers turn on. It is just my excitement for the game, excuse me when I am being irrational.

Dante

Rimshot said:
And there are two games I feel like I must have, this (kz2) and Resident Evil 5. Going to buy one of them when they releases and one the month after or so. My problem is I can't choose which to get now.

Get KZ2 so your skills don't fall too far behind in Multi player, and besides isn't RE5 a month almost a month after KZ2 anyway?

Rolf NB

Rimshot said:

Teh Killzones, by far. I don't think I even want RE5 anymore at all, despite double-dipping on RE4 and playing the shit out of it. The RE5 demo totally cured me.

I don't particularly like what co-op has made of RE5.
Even if you do, you're not going to replay that over and over. Killzone 2 multiplayer looks like a much better deal in terms of longetivity.

A.R.K

Can Tempy or Iain tell if this replay mode will be available from in-game too or its just website? Or any one else knows about it?

Thanks

KZObsessed

Rimshot said:

Well, all I know is personally I'm going to put hundreds of hours into KZ2's online whereas I'm only gonna play through RE5 co-op a couple of times at most. That is if the invite system actually works, the demo only worked like a quarter of the time for me, had to keep quitting and reloading, did not leave a good impression so I'm not buying RE5 day 1 that's for sure.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rimshot said:

I'm getting Killzone 2 for sure, and will be playing it most night, not sure if I'm even getting RE5. I think you'll find Killzone 2 MP will last you much longer.
Indifferent2.gif

A.R.K

Those who are already playing or they played MP beta, how is the voice chat quality? Is it better than WarHawk? I found WH's voice quality pretty poor. So hoping its much better and clear.

Thanks

Kittonwy

Banned
A.R.K said:
Those who are already playing or they played MP beta, how is the voice chat quality? Is it better than WarHawk? I found WH's voice quality pretty poor. So hoping its much better and clear.

Thanks

Voice chat quality is excellent, I wouldn't even use Warhawk voice-chat as a comparison.

BeeDog

ice cream said:
Was that really needed? They're getting their stock tomorrow and sending it out as soon as possible. Should get it on Thursday.

Are you truly sure about this? Would be lovely if true, since I live in Sweden a Tuesday shipping should arrive before/during Friday.

I think the PSN is going to explode friday night, all my friends who own a ps3 are getting this game (even the dumbass F.E.A.R. 2 guy, finally).

Stench

Banned
Maggot9 said:
The Futureshop website said the store 2 minutes from my house had it in stock..so i went

they didn't have shit
Even if you managed to obtain a copy in the store, the system wouldn't let the clerk ring it through.

However, now that I know that the game's been shipped to Canada, I'm almost tempted to hit up all the independent stores in my area and see if they'll let a copy slip through a few days early.

Hell, I'd even pay a bribe. How much do you think it'd take?

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Sooo....I went to gamestop to pre-order today...

Deejay- Hey I want to pre-order Killzone 2
Cashier- For XBOX 360?
Deejay- **CHUCKLES**...no PS3....
Cashier- HMMM...Let me see if we have it...
Cashier-** HEY Ron....I can't find killzone on the computer"
Deejay- **Thinking in my head..ITS KILLZONE 2!"

Pretty funny experience... Cashier was a fyne ass Asian girl so I gave her a pass.

As I was leaving the dude that was standing behind me put his pre-order for Killzone 2 in also. I wonder how much this game will sell the 1st week.

Rimshot

Kittonwy said:
I'm getting Killzone 2 for sure, and will be playing it most night, not sure if I'm even getting RE5. I think you'll find Killzone 2 MP will last you much longer.
Indifferent2.gif

Thank you all for your input. I guess I'll go with KZ2 first and get Res5 next payday.

And Kittonwy, you said you were adding me when you all were playing Resistance 1 ;) Still see no request :( Hehe

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rimshot said:
Thank you all for your input. I guess I'll go with KZ2 first and get Res5 next payday.

And Kittonwy, you said you were adding me when you all were playing Resistance 1 ;) Still see no request :( Hehe
Kittonwy is very selective about his PSN friends.....:lol

Mik2121

A.R.K said:
Can Tempy or Iain tell if this replay mode will be available from in-game too or its just website? Or any one else knows about it?

Thanks
There's a link to killzone.com in the main menu from the game, so maybe there's a game version of the web ready for us to check out at any time?

Top Bottom