• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DoomGyver

TTP said:
Not yet. Try asking me. Perhaps I can help. I have got all of them :D
Yeah I saw that when I compared trophies with you. But you've been looking since November 08... I've been looking for 3 days.. -_-

I'll PM you details in a minute

.GqueB.

Banned
This Battle replay thing is amazing. You can watch the entire match play out from a top down view. It'll probably be best used by clans. I like I like.

commissar

Joyous. The same bug at
the first tank battle
which was in the early review build is still in the retail.
I'm so lucky I love restarting levels to babysit friendly AI.

Still enjoying the shit out of the game though :>

Big-E

Are stores breaking street dates for this? On the FS and BB website it says its available in store but will they sell it to me? I have an exam tomorrow but I will be willing to pick this up now if its definitely going to be there.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tisan said:
Joyous. The same bug at
the first tank battle
which was in the early review build is still in the retail.
I'm so lucky I love restarting levels to babysit friendly AI.

Still enjoying the shit out of the game though :>

Really? That was so obvious and frequent in the review code I totally assumed it was going to be fixed. It never occurred to me with retail but sucks it's still there.

A.R.K

Ordered my copy from Amazon for $54.99 shipped and delivered on 27th at my work :D

Replay mode sounds AFW, hopefully we get a real in-game replay later on. Can we watch this replay mode from in-game too?

Hope they fix the fucking website to keep up with the load cuz its been dead. The website was slow even before the update. So Sony/GG plz fix this shit.

What are the GAF clan plans for the night of 27th? Can't.Fucking.Wait. :D

Spoo

A.R.K said:
What are the GAF clan plans for the night of 27th? Can't.Fucking.Wait. :D

Whatever they are, it's going to be pure awesome like I've never before seen :O Now just to buy a PS3 mic and get ready :D

Nizz

cameltoe said:
man, ive tried all the "usual" early release spots....7-11, Meijer, Walmart...no go!!
Haha, I was just about to ask this! I have a $10.00 gift card good at Walmart and it would be great if they were selling the game already. My brother will probably be picking this up for me since he has a Walmart close to his job. Hope it's there day one on the 27th...

Paracelsus

DON'T OPEN THE SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE FOUGHT THE FINAL BATTLE

How many enemy waves there are after the helghasts coming down the balcony with the framethrower? Rico is a jackass and it doesn't cover me decently, furthermore gets out of cover and gets killed everytime. I saved a full-loaded gatling gun just in case, but I really don't seem to make it against the flamethrower guys.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
nice to see a new elpressador vid.. that guy cracks me up a non sensical sort of way.

Cant wait for this game. This, uncharted and Infamous are the only games I'm getting this year spending freeze ... oh and GOWIII ah patapon 2 oh and Heavy rain... :(

/pats wallet down

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LiquidMetal14 said:
Tried KMART too, 27th it is. Lucky bastards who managed to get copies.
I've been looking around too and no luck. I'm surprised that so many people have gotten early copies. Seems like LBP is still going to be the only game I got an early copy of. It's annoying that it's street dated for Friday since normally it would be out tomorrow. Plus I'm out of town for the weekend. :(

lol wow where do you guys live that Walmart and BestBuy are on the ball? The ones near me don't have any clue and they won't have it out until at least two days later. I have no clue why but it always works that way. I just have to go fail this chem test and the rest o the week is mine :p

Nizz

BobTheFork said:
lol wow where do you guys live that Walmart and BestBuy are on the ball? The ones near me don't have any clue and they won't have it out until at least two days later. I have no clue why but it always works that way. I just have to go fail this chem test and the rest o the week is mine :p
I'm hoping the Walmarts down here in Florida are on the ball. You're in college? Good luck with that test. I should have went to college. :(

SMZC

I tried the demo and hated the controls due to the input lag. Any word on whether they've solved this issue in the final game?

I want to get this game, but if the controls are the same as the demo there's no way I'm getting it.

Jostifer said:
Killzone.com working smoothly now.

The Battle replays are truly awesome.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=210&kz_file_id=5028
That's awesome!

pew pew pew.

SMZC said:
I tried the demo and hated the controls due to the input lag. Any word on whether they've solved this issue in the final game?
No, they don't want to ruin it for the millions that (will) like it the way it is. There's no reason to "solve" something that was intentional. Just try and get used to it or move on I guess.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
In a matter of mere hours, gentlemen, this game will be mine.

SMZC

user friendly said:
No, they don't want to ruin it for the millions that like it the way it is. There's no reason to "solve" something that was intentional. Just try and get used to it or move on I guess.

I've played the demo no less than ten times. I've also tried every available control scheme and control options, and I still hate the controls.

To me, playing a game with these controls is no fun; I don't see myself enjoying it if it really is willing to put "realism" over some smooth, responsive and intuitive gameplay.

I really want to enjoy the rest of the game, I really really do. But these controls kill the whole experience to me.

SMZC said:
I've played the demo no less than ten times. I've also tried every available control scheme and control options, and I still hate the controls.

To me, playing a game with these controls is no fun; I don't see myself enjoying it if it really is willing to put "realism" over some smooth, responsive and intuitive gameplay.

I really want to enjoy the rest of the game, I really really do. But these controls kill the whole experience to me.

MP controls a little differently than SP and may suite you better.

I've been playing the demo a lot now and recently turned off the cross hairs and wow, it's so different. Being able to see your target without the reticule in the way is way more satisfying. It's not as hard as I thought it would be either.

Nizz

SMZC said:

So you've messed with the sensitivity? I play with the x sensitivity two notches up from default. Try it. To me, it feels pretty good at that setting. I tried playing three notches up from default x but I would get the drift effect where I would overaim my targets. I would get play from left to right of the target. But at the setting I have now in the demo, I still have some speed to turn around but still precise enough to aim at a target. Try it once at least, let me know what you think...

No_Style

user friendly said:
MP controls a little differently than SP and may suite you better.

I noticed a forum post on the front page of the new Killzone.com site which mentioned this discrepency. Anyone know why they did this? I'll quote the post:

However, the multiplayer controls are much more responsive but still have that weighted feel to them. The multiplayer controls are near perfection, which is strange why the singleplayer controls are so sluggish.

Of course the majority of the people in the thread are slagging the poor guy for asking a great question. I wonder why they decided to differentiate the feel of the game between the two modes like that.

SMZC

fps fanatic said:
So you've messed with the sensitivity? I play with the x sensitivity two notches up from default. Try it. To me, it feels pretty good at that setting. I tried playing three notches up from default x but I would get the drift effect where I would overaim my targets. I would get play from left to right of the target. But at the setting I have now in the demo, I still have some speed to turn around but still precise enough to aim at a target. Try it once at least, let me know what you think...

Yeah, I've tried changing the sensitivity over and over. I found one I was more comfortable with (slightly above 50%), but I've never tried giving X and Y different values. I'll give it a try, and see if with your configuration I like it more.

I checked best buys website and it says they have them in stock. I guess if i went down there though they would tell me they couldnt sell me a copy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jtrizzy said:
the devs recommended going up 1 for the x and up three for the y.
I'm pretty sure that the devs said default is the best but if you really need to go up 1 notch at a time on each axis instead of all the way up.

SolidSnakex said:
928377_20090220_screen007.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/images.html#

That picture officially sent my anticipation for this game into the stratosphere.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
templeusox said:
The possibility for strategic analysis are really exciting.
This is very exciting and kinda revolutionary. If people actually use this they could really hone down some great skill and strategies.

Rez said:
In a matter of mere hours, gentlemen, this game will be mine.
Has anyone told you how son of the bitching you are?!?!?!@?!?!?!?! *weeps*

Top Bottom