• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

first time ever I have thought of trying to make a plan to get into the back area of a best buy to grab a copy of killzone 2. Maybe climb through the ventilation shafts, repel down, grab a copy, then climb to the roof and wait for a the chopper to pick me up! GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

Rimshot

TrAcEr_x90 said:
first time ever I have thought of trying to make a plan to get into the back area of a best buy to grab a copy of killzone 2. Maybe climb through the ventilation shafts, repel down, grab a copy, then climb to the roof and wait for a the chopper to pick me up! GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

I have to say be careful with these kinds of things hehe.
Last time I heard of someone trying to climb in was the thief trying to steal from our dojo. He didn't expect that the people who was there for Iaido camp slept in the dojo, with their swords next to them. Laughed as hell when I heard they had had a little marathon with the thief in lead that night :)

You in Europe? You can have dhelfric's place. Here's the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349501

Just PM Full Recovery to add you in to Euro Clan 1.

Did, thank you.

DoomGyver

BeeDog said:
Sooooo, your verdict of the SP? :D
Amazing, though I do find it to be a bit short. But I don't recall any moments where I was bored, so time goes fast.

Make sure you play it on Veteran first, Killzone was made for that difficulty level.

DoomGyver

Mik2121 said:
You got to be kidding me..

I was the first person to ask to be transferred to Euro Clan 1 and now someone else can just go and get in there before me? :'(

I guess being still an unknown user means I gotta suck it up :'(((
I haven't had a chance to check my PMs and edit the clan thread because I have been playing Killzone 2. Now that I'm finished I'll try to update it tonight.

Chillax brah

Ugh I shattered my dual shock playing SF4 so when I go get a new one I'll see if any midnight launches are happening around here now. Did a list ever show up?

Rimshot said:
I have to say be careful with these kinds of things hehe.
Last time I heard of someone trying to climb in was the thief trying to steal from our dojo. He didn't expect that the people who was there for Iaido camp slept in the dojo, with their swords next to them. Laughed as hell when I heard they had had a little marathon with the thief in lead that night :)

Did, thank you.

yeeeaaaah, I guess I wont be going through with that plan knowing theres a chance of samurai ninjas sleeping in the back of a best buy.

Not to mention getting a chopper. :lol

KZObsessed

Mik2121 said:

I was the first person to ask to be transferred to Euro Clan 1 and now someone else can just go and get in there before me? :'(

Well I was only joking around with him taking dhelfric's place... you can take it if you wish! :p

And I didn't know you asked for that. But anyway, the clans are gonna change over time. People wont show up, people might play a game and then disappear. People might not actually like the game. So if you're a regular and a damn good player, this goes for everyone, you can join the Euro 1 clan over people who aren't.

But we have over 64 members and the matches are only 16 players max so we're gonna have to organise a lot of games and make sure people rotate so they can get a game. We should set up a lot of 0 point GAF games just for fun and GAF boasting :p But you may get more clan games by being active in Euro 2.

Depends who's gonna be the leader tho, DunpealD isn't available day 1 so it's whoever gets to 100 points first forms the clan. If it's me (it wont be) I'd ignore that list and invite who I want anyway :p

Dante

BobTheFork said:
Ugh I shattered my dual shock playing SF4 so when I go get a new one I'll see if any midnight launches are happening around here now. Did a list ever show up?

LOL I didn't shatter mine, but I think I ruined one of the buttons....I haven't had a game infuriate me like that in quite some time. :lol

Dante said:
LOL I didn't shatter mine, but I think I ruined one of the buttons....I haven't had a game infuriate me like that in quite some time. :lol
lol I split the damn thing in half...length wise. Here's the pic from the SF4 thread
Picture001-1.jpg

SMH Money is too tight for that crap but damn I did that after 2 hours of intense anger.

DoomGyver

FFObsessed said:
Well I was only joking around with him taking dhelfric's place... you can take it if you wish! :p

And I didn't know you asked for that. But anyway, the clans are gonna change over time. People wont show up, people might play a game and then disappear. People might not actually like the game. So if you're a regular and a damn good player, this goes for everyone, you can join the Euro 1 clan over people who aren't.

But we have at over 64 players and the matches are only 16 players max so we're gonna have to organise a lot of games and make sure people rotate so they can get a game. We should set up a lot of 0 point GAF games just for fun and GAF boasting :p But you may get more clan games by being active in Euro 2.

Depends who's gonna be the leader tho, DunpealD isn't available day 1 so it's whoever gets to 100 points first forms the clan. If it's me (it wont be) I'd ignore that list and invite who I want anyway :p
Pretty much, give it 6 months to a year and I bet we'll only have 1 US clan and 1 Euro clan.

Most people will move on to the next thing (probably COD:MW2)

So if you're not happy about the way the clans are split, hang in there and keep active.. it'll change.

Dante

BobTheFork said:
lol I split the damn thing in half...length wise. Here's the pic from the SF4 thread

SMH Money is too tight for that crap but damn I did that after 2 hours of intense anger.

Jesus, did you throw it or crush it in your hands? Lemme guess Seth?

BlacKMaRK

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Pretty much, give it 6 months to a year and I bet we'll only have 1 US clan and 1 Euro clan.

Most people will move on to the next thing (probably COD:MW2)

So if you're not happy about the way the clans are split, hang in there and keep active.. it'll change.
I know im in this for the long haul. Too long ive been waiting for this game, and im gonna kick this games ass for making me wait sooo long.

Dante said:
Jesus, did you throw it or crush it in your hands? Lemme guess Seth?
That was in my hands; A massive TWIST and SNAP. Actually no, not seth. I did spend 2 hours trying to beat him, which I finally did. THAT is because after beating it with Abel, I went to re-try again with him to practice and in the third match I fought a AI crazy E. Honda and I spent another 2 hours and never beat him a single round...on medium...after I had gotten to Seth without continuing.

KZObsessed

Ok what the hell. I just checked the URL of my avatar that BruceLeeRoy sent me and it ends in "fag.gif"

Bruce you got some explaining to do!
angry.gif

-viper-

Banned
Dante said:
I think my DS3 is crap.

The sticks feel looser than my Sixaxis. I find it harder to play FPS games with my DS3. With my Sixaxis I find I dominate games in R2 more easily, but with my DS3, I seem to play averagely, only rarely doing well.

Are they meant to be looser? They feel almost too loose. I found it slightly more difficult to aim in the KZ2 demo with my DS3 compared with my Sixaxis pad.

I might just sell my current DS3 on eBay and buy a new one if mine is faulty :S

TTP said:
For those unable to access killzone.com, I've uploaded a video showing how the Battle Replay thing looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-SUzEhZbkM

Great stuff thanks man.

When you get Demon Souls let me know we got to get together in the beauty that is KF's successor.

FFObsessed said:
Ok what the hell. I just checked the URL of my avatar that BruceLeeRoy sent me and it ends in "fag.gif"

angry.gif

:lol Are you serious!?

There's a new KZ2 live chat coming this Wednesday

If you missed our last live chat, Guerrilla’s Seb Downie took on your questions live, ranging from topics such as Killzone.com, multiplayer ribbons, and unsolicited marriage proposals. You can re-live the session here. With thousands (!) of you participating in the chat, it’s no surprise that many questions were left unanswered. That’s why Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker will be back this Wednesday at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern for another hour of Killzone 2 mayhem.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/23/second-killzone-2-live-chat-coming-this-wednesday/

Hell yes!
My gamestop is doing a midnight launch.

He told me they got a f-ton of preorders in over the weekend. Marketing actually seems to be paying
off.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
My how time flies. Seems like yesterday I had just watched the E3 trailer, and now in a few days the full game will be in my hands. It's like we're already in the future!

Geoff9920

Wow, just noticed that they updated the stats section on killzone.com for kz2, looks awesome. :D

edit: although the whole site seems to have gone down now. :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FFObsessed said:

angry.gif
:lol When I was checking your profile for your PSN ID I noticed that. Figured you knew.

rexor0717

Mik2121 said:

I always recognize you from your "cant unsee it face" avatar. But I don't think I ever looked at your name...

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
A.R.K said:
Can Tempy or Iain tell if this replay mode will be available from in-game too or its just website? Or any one else knows about it?

Thanks

Website only - all the Stats are stored there.

Rimshot

Is there any easy and lag free way to connect a 360 controller to the PS3? I hate the location of the two analog sticks on the Sixaxis when it comes to fps games.

Rolf NB

Rimshot said:
Is there any easy and lag free way to connect a 360 controller to the PS3? I hate the location of the two analog sticks on the Sixaxis when it comes to fps games.
Trying to get back out of the clan? :lol

KZObsessed

Rimshot said:

Looks like dhelfric's officially back in...

Top Bottom