• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

kuYuri

I hope the Best Buy I preordered from will get the game on time. I'm going to have a busy weekend due to school related work and I need all the time I can get. :/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I'm stuck at work for an hour or two more.

I can give you guys impressions on the instruction manual, if you'd like, I guess.

Niks said:
I bring 2 wallpapers. My contribution to an awesome thread.
I will ask Bruce to add them to the OP.

r9lbo3.jpg

nd0in5.jpg
Does anyone have the 1080p versions of these? They're awesome but the link in the OP has expired :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
do you guys think that M.M should do a KillZone themed pack with levels , Hel-boys and some new tools like the MGS one ?

Totobeni said:
do you guys think that M.M should do a KillZone themed pack with levels , Hel-boys and some new tools like the MGS one ?

have they released the helghast helmet yet? if not. it would be the perfect time to release a DLC pack with levels and new weapons like MGS! ;o

FCMaxi

Rez said:
Okay, so I'm stuck at work for an hour or two more.

I can give you guys impressions on the instruction manual, if you'd like, I guess.

Hey Rez mate, which store did you get it from?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
FCMaxi said:
Hey Rez mate, which store did you get it from?
I'd rather not say, just in case, but it's a local store, not a chain or anything. The street date has been broken though, so other stores should begin selling it any time now. :)

exarkun

Quick question for those who already signed up for a clan: Can I still sign up now even if I don't get the game til saturday morning?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Rez said:
I'd rather not say, just in case, but it's a local store, not a chain or anything. The street date has been broken though, so other stores should begin selling it any time now. :)

Dude the secret is out, no need to hide it lol.

GodofWine

exarkun said:
Quick question for those who already signed up for a clan: Can I still sign up now even if I don't get the game til saturday morning?

Yea, no one is in the clan until the leaders level up and invite us...get to the online forum and post your info there.

Kittonwy

Banned
GodofWine said:
Its like a strategic review of the entire match..basically...in a nut shell, I can see who killed me over and over (and over)

So I can see how the whole warzone game actually plays out? That's totally awesome because it's actually USEFUL for clan play.
Indifferent2.gif

FCMaxi

Rez said:

Ah no worries, thanks anyway :) Time to call up a few places now me thinks

Strider2K99 said:
I hope the Best Buy I preordered from will get the game on time. I'm going to have a busy weekend due to school related work and I need all the time I can get. :/

My friend who works in the shipping/receiving department of Best Buy in Canada says he's had Killzone 2 in the store for a while now, so don't worry, you'll have it.

Kittonwy

Banned
RoboPlato said:
The Medals that increase your points in certain game modes seem really useful. Doesn't make leveling up seem so daunting anymore.

Leveling up is fun but once you've leveled up sufficiently, the fun really begins because you can mix and match your secondary abilities.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kittonwy said:
Leveling up is fun but once you've leveled up sufficiently, the fun really begins because you can mix and match your secondary abilities.
I'm really pumped about the mixing and matching concept. This is the first game that I've been extremely excited for MP.

Kittonwy said:
If you start as a decent soldier class I doubt I'll switch up any medals. I don't really want to do anything other than shoot people anyways. Strategy is for elitists.

Kittonwy

Banned
RoboPlato said:
I'm really pumped about the mixing and matching concept. This is the first game that I've been extremely excited for MP.

It was really fun to play around with the different abilities and find my niche in the MP beta. I ended up settling with scout with C4 as secondary but I had fun with all of them.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
If you start as a decent soldier class I doubt I'll switch up any medals. I don't really want to do anything other than shoot people anyways. Strategy is for elitists.

The secondary abilities like C4, spot and mark, blood pack and sentry bots don't necessarily help you but they help the team win.

Kittonwy said:
The secondary abilities like C4, spot and mark, blood pack and sentry bots don't necessarily help you but they help the team win.
Screw them!

Someone is going to have to tell me what ability to use for the team. You start drining and think about what I'm good for : )
hmm, If we strap that C4 to aeon and send him in it might do the trick.

bigswords

GodofWine said:
Its like a strategic review of the entire match..basically...in a nut shell, I can see who killed me over and over (and over)

Is this like a saved film option like in Halo 3? Can we upload and convert this to youtube?

Wow if we can do this!!!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kittonwy said:
It was really fun to play around with the different abilities and find my niche in the MP beta. I ended up settling with scout with C4 as secondary but I had fun with all of them.
angry.gif
I have a feeling that I'm going to go full medic but I'll have to wait and see. I usually do pretty well in support roles. Plus, since I'm not the best player, I can rack up points reviving and helping my team as opposed to just killing.

.GqueB.

Banned
RoboPlato said:
I have a feeling that I'm going to go full medic but I'll have to wait and see. I usually do pretty well in support roles. Plus, since I'm not the best player, I can rack up points reviving and helping my team as opposed to just killing.
Im thinking the same thing. Im more of a support guy. I cant snipe for shite and Im not the best guy to have in the frontlines. Im not good and not dying lol.

Kittonwy

Banned
RoboPlato said:

I love the medic role in that you still get to use the standard assault rifle which is still the greatest standard all-round weapon of all time, there's really no weak weapon or class, and yes reviving and healing with blood packs can rack up a ton of points.
angry.gif

I get the magnifier, click once on the shrinked image and it shows itself in 1920x1080.

EDIT: until I did it again. Third time. No luck. WTF?!

EDIT 2: add '.jpg' to the links

EDIT 3: AArrggghh, if I place my cursor on the URL and hit enter, I get the full image...

So rez, you say the street date has been broken in Aus, ay? WE NEED MORE INFO!
So basically I can turn up to a store and purchase one tomorrow? :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
flipswitch said:
So rez, you say the street date has been broken in Aus, ay? WE NEED MORE INFO!
So basically I can turn up to a store and purchase one tomorrow? :D
The street date has definitely been broken. It's up to each individual store now as to whether or not they want to sell it.

On another note: holy fucking shit at the graphics in the second level. Avoiding all trailers and gameplay vids was worth it. I actually said holy shit. The first level looks borderline average compared to this.

Darkpen

Banned
Totobeni said:
posted before ? Asia version cover , same as PAL but without PEGI crap , instead of that they got DS3 logo ...

pa.148675.12.jpg

that Sony Official Product is not a logo on the cover but just a paper tag on the seal , also the Japanese one used same art as the US one btw
....that's a lot of stickers. They're removable, right? Outside of the shrinkwrap?

Schrade

Fucking FINALLY....20 minutes after it should have activated.

Jesus.. here's the list of us that got caught by that begging for PM thing:

Fizzle
Dirtbag
Kaako
iamcool388
StateofMind
Leam
mr_nothin
Shadow780
CHRP718
Schrade
cjtiger300
Lion Heart
AAK
alba
-Winnie-
i_am_ben
dark_preacher
CowJoMonkey_927

18!

Remember kids: Don't ask for PMs...ever.

Anyhow... FUCKING AWESOME thread, BruceLeeRoy! Oh my god... I want my Killzone 2!

Top Bottom