• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

.GqueB.

Banned
Blimblim said:
For those interested, I've published our usual first 10 minutes video of the game (with part 2 encoding). Nothing new here, obviously.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7574_en.html
lol wow GG is really lazy with animating women. She was doing the same shite the entire briefing.

But gawtDAMN this game looks amazing. That drop ship section...

31FUNNY.gif

Mik2121

Apparently Play-Asia tried to send the game today, but there was a problem with my credit card, crap!!

I will have to use my gf's card later today and give her the money :'(
I guess they'll send it tomorrow.. so I should have the game in two-three days from now :D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Mik2121 said:
Apparently Play-Asia tried to send the game today, but there was a problem with my credit card, crap!!

I will have to use my gf's card later today and give her the money :'(
I guess they'll send it tomorrow.. so I should have the game in two-three days from now :D

damsh so I guess I am completely fucked , since I pre ordered w Killzone 2 with RGG3 , Stupid Play-asia will not send me KZ2 until RGG3 is available ..

:C :C :C :C :C

Gibb

welcome back to the Dirty Dozen & A Half!

boy am I glad I canceled my pre-order.. I'm picking up my copy tomorrow =P

HoTHiTTeR

how the hell are you guys getting these soooo early?

If anyone on the west coast can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

-viper-

Banned
Am I right that the Assault class can only use rocket and greande launchers?

Is this class balanced? Seems pretty overpowered if you ask me.

Rimshot

The freaking store where I pre-ordered the game won't have night open tonight for Kz2 :( But somehow they feel that Resident Evil 5 deserves night open instead.

commissar

Advice from those who've finished it please?

So I'm playing this on normal, and am at the
flying robot fight on the rooftop
. Which is kicking my ass, as I've died like 30-40 times, on NORMAL. The rest of the game is all good, I've died probably 4 or 5 times otherwise.

I can't for the life of me figure out the strategy to complete this bit. I get that the game has one and only one method of doing things (
my previous decision to run away from a tank resulting in a game breaking checkpoint bug only reinforces this notion
). BUT WHAT IS IT D:

So far, I shoot the blue things with my pistol when the robot is near, rocket launcher it, then reload my rocket launcher and pistol while avoiding it's gatling fire.

Then it fires rockets in a rotating arc, which is the bit I find so fucking impossible.

Due to the arc of rocket fire, and the constant hail of bullets, the only option is to run in a semi-circle with the pillar between me and the robot.
Which still means I'll get hit with splash damage, knocking out my peripheral vision with blood, thus removing any chance of me seeing to which side the robot has gone.
If I'm lucky it's the other side.
Not that I can use the positional audio (which is delightful under normal circumstances) to tell where the fucking thing is, because all the noise just got muted by a goddamn rocket.

The complete uselessness of the cover system in this fight means I'm forced to move around a lot and with no way to see the robot, I can't tell what pattern I can try to use to avoid incoming fire.
HELP D:

Suffice to say, this kind of battle should not be in normal.

I honestly don't think this game will ever reach true mainstream popularity, as the balancing and accessibility is way too fucked up for such a flagship title.
Good news for hardcore gamers though :>

xbhaskarx

Rimshot said:
The freaking store where I pre-ordered the game won't have night open tonight for Kz2 :( But somehow they feel that Resident Evil 5 deserves night open instead.

The RE5 demo has been downloaded over 4 million times, are there any numbers for KZ2?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Schrade said:
Fucking FINALLY....20 minutes after it should have activated.

Jesus.. here's the list of us that got caught by that begging for PM thing:

18!

Remember kids: Don't ask for PMs...ever.

Anyhow... FUCKING AWESOME thread, BruceLeeRoy! Oh my god... I want my Killzone 2!
Don't ask in the thread ;)

and RE5 is HUGE so of course...

I need to stop by my 7-11, but I think the Scout update will steal KZ2 time from me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
-Winnie- said:
It's good to be back. :D

To any Aussie gaffers, the street date has supposedly broken so you can get the game one day early.
Speaking of which, I think I might play some more right now.

Level 3, here I come.

Tisan said:

Have you
seen the tunnel beneath the first platform you walk out on? Go down the stairs on either side, look at the wall. It makes it much easier. But, yeah, the first time I completed Killzone 2, I missed that passage and had an experience similiar to yours, I managed it, finally, but not without dying many times.

Leam

Schrade said:
Fucking FINALLY....20 minutes after it should have activated.

Jesus.. here's the list of us that got caught by that begging for PM thing:

Fizzle
Dirtbag
Kaako
iamcool388
StateofMind
Leam
mr_nothin
Shadow780
CHRP718
Schrade
cjtiger300
Lion Heart
AAK
alba
-Winnie-
i_am_ben
dark_preacher
CowJoMonkey_927

18!

Remember kids: Don't ask for PMs...ever.

Anyhow... FUCKING AWESOME thread, BruceLeeRoy! Oh my god... I want my Killzone 2!

It was worth it! :lol

Wont happen again

But it still was worth it!

Atrophis

-viper- said:
Today is the official release date for all European countries. Except UK. :mad:

It sucks that for some reason we get it 2 days later. Still, Play posted my copy today so hopefully it arrives on Thursday.

Leam

Atrophis said:
It sucks that for some reason we get it 2 days later. Still, Play posted my copy today so hopefully it arrives on Thursday.

I could go and get it now but i can get both persona 4 and kz2 for what kz2 costs here so i'm waiting for play.com to deliver :(

Sin

. Which is kicking my ass, as I've died like 30-40 times, on NORMAL. The rest of the game is all good, I've died probably 4 or 5 times otherwise.

I can't for the life of me figure out the strategy to complete this bit. I get that the game has one and only one method of doing things (
my previous decision to run away from a tank resulting in a game breaking checkpoint bug only reinforces this notion). BUT WHAT IS IT D:

So far, I shoot the blue things with my pistol when the robot is near, rocket launcher it, then reload my rocket launcher and pistol while avoiding it's gatling fire.

Then it fires rockets in a rotating arc, which is the bit I find so fucking impossible.

Due to the arc of rocket fire, and the constant hail of bullets, the only option is to run in a semi-circle with the pillar between me and the robot.
Which still means I'll get hit with splash damage, knocking out my peripheral vision with blood, thus removing any chance of me seeing to which side the robot has gone.
Not that I can use the positional audio (which is delightful under normal circumstances) to tell where the fucking thing is, because all the noise just got muted by a goddamn rocket.

The complete uselessness of the cover system in this fight means I'm forced to move around a lot and with no way to see the robot, I can't tell what pattern I can try to use to avoid incoming fire.
HELP D:

I honestly don't think this game will ever reach true mainstream popularity, as the balancing and accessibility is way too fucked up for such a flagship title.

I guess you are staying on the top level where you initiate the boss fight, did you try to go down the steps and into the tunnel with the electrical conductors on either side? its nice and cozy in there. :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Tisan said:

my previous decision to run away from a tank resulting in a game breaking checkpoint bug only reinforces this notion
). BUT WHAT IS IT D:

HELP D:

That bit is fucking exhilerating on Elite difficulty. Man up, dude, and use the tunnel.

Eighthours

Tisan said:

). BUT WHAT IS IT D:

HELP D:

That bit really shows up how rubbish the pistol can be. Seriously, try shooting a pylon from any kind of distance away and you'll miss even if you're aiming down the sights and unload a full clip into it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just took
Visari Square
. That was a great set piece.

deepbrown

Sin said:
I guess you are staying on the top level where you initiate the boss fight, did you try to go down the steps and into the tunnel with the electrical conductors on either side? its nice and cozy in there. :)
Yup I just went in the tunnel and alternated sides - it'd hardly ever get me. And I only used the rocket, so had to run out to get ammo then run back under. Didn't know you could use a pistol lol. The thing only takes 3-4 shots, so it's not that hard once you discover the tunnel :)

commissar

truth-lasers said:
Have you
seen the tunnel beneath the first platform you walk out on? Go down the stairs on either side, look at the wall. It makes it much easier. But, yeah, the first time I completed Killzone 2, I missed that passage and had an experience similiar to yours, I managed it, finally, but not without dying many times.
:O

Thanks so much, I didn't even see it.

Thanks to everyone else too :>

KZObsessed

BobTheFork said:
KZ2 the cure? no no no, one of the reasons I wasn't going to get it originally was that I suck at slower shooters that require teamwork. I'm at my best when I just run around shooting like a madman. I know I'm going to suck at KZ, at least for awhile, and I know it's going to annoy the hell out of me.

Just use the Medic Class or Engineer Class so you have the standard Rifles or Shotgun then equip the speed boost secondary ability and just run around shooting.

Then you can use the Medic's Revive ability to rack up the points and passively help out you teammates at the same time.

Best of both worlds.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Donos said:
For German Gafers:

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/spielzeug/0,1518,609091,00.html

"Alien-Slaughterer romanticize the World Wars"

It's a little bit about KZ2, Gears2, Resistance2 and CoD:WaW (Nazi Zombies) and how they use patriotism to either fight nazis or aliens (or both of them ;)

Maybe i can find a english translation.
That's a good article. It could use emphasis on the fact that KZ2, R2, Halo3, GoW2 and so forth are basically opportunities to live out your inner racist.

KZObsessed

peetfeet said:
Shopto to have charged my card and now processing! KZ2 tomorrow! :D

wtf mine is still the same! Godammit! Hurry up plz! ;_;

Oh and anyone with the retail build, can you confirm whether the lights of the intruder clip through Garza's gun during the intro to level 1? Pisses me the hell off.

Also on the intro to level two when Rico's hand goes in front of the intruder light, the whole light turns off rather than being blocked out by his hand. This been fixed also? Those lights have been nothing but trouble since they added them.

Doc Evils

peetfeet said:
Shopto to have charged my card and now processing! KZ2 tomorrow! :D

:(

and:

Making Killzone 2 Proved Too Much For Amsterdam's Power Supply

Killzone 2 looks set to be the biggest, loudest thing to yet land on the PS3. But did you know it's so big, and so loud, that Amsterdam's power supply couldn't cope with its development?

Yup. As the game's production drew to a close, developers Guerrilla - who are based in the Dutch capital - saw their team size swell from around 45 employees to around 200. And the poor old power system running through their block in Amsterdam couldn't cope with all the extra juice all those extra computers were sucking down.

So Sony had to fork out for a diesel generator to be brought in, so that Guerilla weren't forced to develop via candlelight and pedal-power. Which was lucky for us, otherwise we'd be left with a game that looked so dark it was developed with the lights out and...oh.

from sarcastic kotaku

Top Bottom