• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Doc Evils

Sirolf said:
Ready for duty !!:D

3306492474_8b5c2ff079.jpg

:(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sirolf said:
Ready for duty !!:D

[IMG/]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3639/3306492474_8b5c2ff079.jpg[/IMG]

US PS store > EU PS store , you don't even have a Video Store

and PLZ Naughty Dog , Santa Monica do not even ship Uncharted 2 and GOW3 to Europe at all

damn these European and their awesome tin case Collector's Edition KZ2 teasing

:(

NIN90

You should see our DS Boxes. The USK logo doesn't scale in size so it takes up 1/4 of the space of the DS boxarts. :lol

But I don't mind it that much. Bought it to play it, not to stare at it.

peetfeet

BeeDog said:
Damn, ShopTo still haven't done anything with my preorder. :( Though I got a mail about the game (large volumes bla bla).

I had that mail too, saying dispatching tomorrow due to large numbers...... an hour later I got a text and another mail to say mine has been dispatched. So dont panic yet theres still plenty of time to dispatch today!

KZObsessed

ahh got an email from Shopto saying it'll be processed today and shipped 2moro. Should get it Thursday then? Will skip Uni on Friday to play :D

edit: ^^ oh awesome!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I just played through that bridge mission that I've heard about and, holy shit, the entire thing was an eye-gasm from start to finish. Some of the most impressive visuals I've ever seen. The lighting, the sense of scale, the animation, the post processing...it's all comes together in a way I've never quite experienced before. Not even Crysis was able to present lighting and post processing effects this good. Then the stage after that switches to a very different aesthetic which also blew my mind.

I'm ready to declare this the single most impressive game I've ever played. Again, technically speaking, Crysis still has the upper hand due to the sheer amount of processes it handles at one time. It's open ended nature is both a blessing and a curse, however, as it isn't consistent at all times (though it's pretty damn close). The more linear, closed nature of Killzone 2 allows for perfection at all times, however.

I absolutely love the look and feel of the shotgun in this game. The model is beautiful and it just looks glorious when firing. Plus, you have an absolutely beautiful flashlight beam which casts proper shadows from everything despite the fact that there are already tons of shadow casting light sources (including lightning) in the area. I don't know how they managed to get so many dynamic light sources running at once. That's what makes such a big difference here.

Games like Gears 2 still look beautiful, but the lighting is very static.

The game seems to be decently lengthy as well. According to the statistics, I've played the single player campaign for 3:40 and have only completed 23% of the campaign. I'm playing on normal and haven't really run into any roadblocks along the way.

Arnie

FFObsessed said:
ahh got an email from Shopto saying it'll be processed today and shipped 2moro. Should get it Thursday then? Will skip Uni on Friday to play :D

Is that the email where it basically says Killzone 2 pre orders will be dispatched tomorrow? I have that one. I have replied asking whether there was any chance some copies may arrive tomorrow.

Doc Evils

dark10x said:
I just played through that bridge mission that I've heard about and, holy shit, the entire thing was an eye-gasm from start to finish. Some of the most impressive visuals I've ever seen. The lighting, the sense of scale, the animation, the post processing...it's all comes together in a way I've never quite experienced before. Not even Crysis was able to present lighting and post processing effects this good. Then the stage after that switches to a very different aesthetic which also blew my mind.

I'm ready to declare this the single most impressive game I've ever played. Again, technically speaking, Crysis still has the upper hand due to the sheer amount of processes it handles at one time. It's open ended nature is both a blessing and a curse, however, as it isn't consistent at all times (though it's pretty damn close). The more linear, closed nature of Killzone 2 allows for perfection at all times, however.

I absolutely love the look and feel of the shotgun in this game. The model is beautiful and it just looks glorious when firing. Plus, you have an absolutely beautiful flashlight beam which casts proper shadows from everything despite the fact that there are already tons of shadow casting light sources (including lightning) in the area. I don't know how they managed to get so many dynamic light sources running at once. That's what makes such a big difference here.

The game seems to be decently lengthy as well. According to the statistics, I've played the single player campaign for 3:40 and have only completed 23% of the campaign. I'm playing on normal and haven't really run into any roadblocks along the way.

This post coming from dark10x is pretty amazing wow. considering how anal he is with games.:lol

deepbrown

dark10x said:

Great impressions, but I've completed the game and it only says 46% completed :) Depends on how many special items you've collected.

alba

Little is the new Big
FFObsessed said:

And I'm finally back, missed you GAF! Mine will be shipped today and I should have it tomorrow, can't wait :)

BeeDog

alba said:
And I'm finally back, missed you GAF! Mine will be shipped today and I should have it tomorrow, can't wait :)

Hey alba, now that you're back, I have a question about your theme.

First of all, it's fucking awesome, good job! But now to the thing that bothers me; the box for notification messages. Imo, the transparent black with the white border looks so-so, especially the part in the lower right corner of the theme that has a little red part. Would it be possible for you to fix this to make it white all the way around, and perhaps make the box background a little bit brighter?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
deepbrown said:
Great impressions, but I've completed the game and it only says 46% completed :) Depends on how many special items you've collected.
Ah, I was afraid of that. How far in would you say the bridge mission is? I'm in the abandoned mining city now. I'm loving it and really don't want to see it come to a conclusion so quickly...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
alba said:
Hello alba,welcome back.
What a silly ban you had!:lol

oneHeero

I've sent out a lot of PSN invites to people from here that I hope accept my PSN(which I stole from clan thread)

Its a very random name that you'll be all "wtf" I put that I'm oneheero from gaf, hopefully you guys accept so we can play some KZ online!

Arnie

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45913.html
Video by Guerilla explaining and showing the Assault badge in detail. I was skeptical about the Assault class at first but that video made it seem much more of a legitimate class.

EDIT: Shopto replied saying the copies go to the Royal Mail tomorrow so the earliest I would receive the game is Thursday. Not to worry, that is still a day before the release date, plus it is Liverpool v Real Madrid tomorrow night which will hold me over.

oneHeero said:
I've sent out a lot of PSN invites to people from here that I hope accept my PSN(which I stole from clan thread)

Its a very random name that you'll be all "wtf" I put that I'm oneheero from gaf, hopefully you guys accept so we can play some KZ online!

Btw, which clan are you associated with?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dark10x said:
Ah, I was afraid of that. How far in would you say the bridge mission is? I'm in the abandoned mining city now. I'm loving it and really don't want to see it come to a conclusion so quickly...

You are halfway through it

You should play it on Veteran btw.

alba

Little is the new Big
Fersis said:
Hello alba,welcome back.
What a silly ban you had!:lol

Tell me about it :( Well, I learned my lesson, happles time now!

EDIT

BeeDog said:
Hey alba, now that you're back, I have a question about your theme.

First of all, it's fucking awesome, good job! But now to the thing that bothers me; the box for notification messages. Imo, the transparent black with the white border looks so-so, especially the part in the lower right corner of the theme that has a little red part. Would it be possible for you to fix this to make it white all the way around, and perhaps make the box background a little bit brighter?

I fixed it right away after I saw the response on gaf, I was in a hurry and thought the red part would be wider but it wasn't so, 5 minutes after release I re-uploaded the archive file. Just re-download it, it's a full white border ;)

SappYoda

Dear SappYoda

We thought you would like to know that the following items have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched to you by Royal Mail First Class post.

KILLZONEPS3 Killzone 2 - Limited Steel Tin Edition (PS3)

312trg8.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
What was this thread about: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353392

Was it just a joke, or was it related to something else? It if wasnt a joke, then i am sorry for the missunderstanding! :(

EDIT: Sorry for the very late edit here, but i just wanted to comment on one think that was said in the thread that i linked to above here:

FF_VIII said:
What's gonna happen when my 5 year old cousin plays this, huh? Did GG think of that? NO!
The game does have a M (mature) rating, and a 18+ rating in Europe, so GG did think about it in that way :)

--------------------------------

Also, what does that Killzone 2 Tin Box version contains? The game only, or some bonus stuff as well? :) I guess this has been mentioned before here, but i havnt followed this thread in some days, sorry.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
dark10x said:

omg. i want my copy so bad. i pre-ordered, but i can't even play until sunday (moving this weekend). :'(

dark10x said:

:lol

Wow, this one really is the messiah this time.

Xater

I knew that today pretty much everyone in Europe except the UK should be able to get a copy. I want my online server the wait is killing me :(

Top Bottom