• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Crisco

Banned
God, Sony is so fucking bad at launching games. Why are they releasing this shit on a Friday? I'm going out of town this weekend and won't even be able to play it until Sunday night. Argh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pandamator said:
hrzc0g.jpg

Woohee :D

Was it also just 55€ for the rest of you?

That PSN sticker is so frigging ugly. Every time I see it a die a bit inside.
I'd rather have dog shit inside the case than that unremovable crap on the cover art.
Wow @ rating logo tho. That's even worse. The PEGI one is definitely better.

Crisco said:
God, Sony is so fucking bad at launching games. Why are they releasing this shit on a Friday? I'm going out of town this weekend and won't even be able to play it until Sunday night. Argh.
Actually Friday releases rock.

Always-honest said:
ehh.... 55 Euro?... no.. 65 Euro.. are you playing with us? (not that i care...)

Playing with you? As in fucking with you? Or as in "we have a clan, come play with us, but we dont need you"?

GodofWine

Crisco said:

You should give Sony access to your calendar so that they can plan future release around your travel schedule ;)

Mik2121

Play-Asia should be sending it to me tomorrow, so I'll have it by Friday (Thursday in the USA). Can't really wait to get it, damn!!!

Crisco said:
They released Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and Lair on Fridays IIRC.

andycapps

Just ordered Killzone 2 and the Geotek triggers from Amazon.com. Is it really not going to ship until March 4th? Did everyone run out of copies or something? :lol Got the free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime trial. Now to login and cancel that.

oneHeero

BruceWayneIII said:
Btw, which clan are you associated with?
None of the Gaf clans, I am running solo so far usually have my main clan on every game but we are seperate right now, but we will be in the gamebattles cash tournament for KZ2 that starts soon.

Might join up with Central/West Gaf if I can later if I dont get a permanent clan soon, help the West smack the the big headed East clan up :p

Westside till I die.

Cruzader

Banned
andycapps said:
Just ordered Killzone 2 and the Geotek triggers from Amazon.com. Is it really not going to ship until March 4th? Did everyone run out of copies or something? :lol Got the free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime trial. Now to login and cancel that.

You should be able to get release date shipping for free with Prime trial. If not then that means its too late for ya.

Madman

Tenkai Star said:
Well it could have sold better. Cause it is so damn awesome. Thats propably what he meant.
Eh, it's at around 850k and climbing constantly. It will probably reach a million over time. For a game that had no real advertising (unless you count that 2 second clip in one commercial) it's doing well.

BeeDog

MickeyKnox said:
dark10x is a console pleb at heart :p

I'm picking up my copy tonight, will post full impressions.

Everyone take cover! :p j/k looking forward to them
fellow Crysis lover

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MickeyKnox said:
dark10x is a console pleb at heart :p

I'm picking up my copy tonight, will post full impressions.
I'm not saying the game itself is "the messiah" by any means. It's a very solid and enjoyable shooter, but I've certainly played better (I still prefer stuff like Crysis and Gears of War on the single player front). It's just that the visuals blew me away. I'm a post processing and lighting fanatic and that truly sells the visual presentation. There are so many incredible touches present in the visuals.

I also noticed how the particles all seem to react to the direction of the wind. When sparks start flying and smoke fills the air, it all blows away with the wind at variable speeds (depending on the strength and direction of the wind).

Still, I have my complaints. I appreciate the sense of weight they've given the game, but the aiming just doesn't feel as good as I'd like. It has never really quite clicked with me like certain other console shooters (such as Halo or Gears). Also, I really wish they had an option to toggle crouch/cover so that I could use "hold L1" to bring up iron sights. Oh, and the story is pretty non-existent, which is disappointing. It's basically a push through enemy territory with a very light plot. Again, it doesn't ruin the game by any means, but it would have been cool if they had attempted to create something more unique with their universe. The cutscenes look incredible, at least.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dark10x said:
I also noticed how the particles all seem to react to the direction of the wind. When sparks start flying and smoke fills the air, it all blows away with the wind at variable speeds (depending on the strength and direction of the wind).
Yes, I was hugely impressed by this as well. Not only do they seem to follow the wind (MGS2 tanker did this), but the seem to twirl and deform accordingly, which just blew my mind in how good it looked at times.

YoungHav said:
you preordered there? Do they give out preorders 1st?

i did, yeah, and i assume they give those out first. they generally start calling people on the list as soon as they get it.

MickeyKnox said:
Umm, they only opened like 10 minutes ago.

Oh. I guess i'll give them a few minutes before i call.

andycapps

Cruzader said:
You should be able to get release date shipping for free with Prime trial. If not then that means its too late for ya.

Not an option during checkout anymore.. The 2 day shipping was free, shipping via 1 day air was $3.99.. didn't think it's worth that as usually I get items within a day or two anyway as I think I'm very close to an Amazon shipping facility. Hopefully they'll change that and have it shipped out tomorrow so I get it on the release date.

Nooo, not again! WTF!

Why can't i copy my game save? Why GG and Sony! Stop that shit!

I really do not understand the logic behind this "feature". Stop it right now! Patch it like for Motorstorm Pacific Rift, please! Trophies can't be the reason, so why?

I know several people that have more than one PS3, my included. We like to play our games with our game saves on our PS3s. That is just ridiculous.

notjackbauer said:
i did, yeah, and i assume they give those out first. they generally start calling people on the list as soon as they get it.

Oh. I guess i'll give them a few minutes before i call.
Holy shit dude'er, it's a niche boutique in the biggest city in the country that opened about 15 minutes ago. Don't start harassing them this early. When they get their shipment in they'll call.

peacemountain said:
Nooo, not again! WTF!

Why can't i copy my game save? Why GG and Sony! Stop that shit!

I really do not understand the logic behind this "feature". Stop it right now! Patch it like for Motorstorm Pacific Rift, please! Trophies can't be the reason, so why?

I know several people that have more than one PS3, my included. We like to play our games with our game saves on our PS3s. That is just ridiculous.

I agree. It's annoying.

I love the way R2 works. I could log into a totally different machine and my player rank, stats and unlockables everything would sync up. Every online game should follow this model.

MickeyKnox said:
Holy shit dude'er, it's a niche boutique in the biggest city in the country that opened about 15 minutes ago. Don't start harassing them this early. When they get their shipment in they'll call.

I was joking. i love this store, and i've spread the word to many a gaffer. YOU holy shit dude'er.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PuppetMaster said:
I agree. It's annoying.

I love the way R2 works. I could log into a totally different machine and my player rank, stats and unlockables everything would sync up. Every online game should follow this model.
Yeah but R2 stores the stats on Insomniac Servers and your PS3...
Since KZ2 servers arent online....

burgerdog

So I went to pick up Star Ocean 4 a few minutes ago and I asked about reserving Killzone 2 while I was there. He told me it was coming out tomorrow, so I told him I thought it was coming out Friday. I then asked if I could reserve it and he told me no, then the manager told him how to do it the long way, whatever that means. After it was all said and then the manager reminds me to come pick it up tomorrow, what the fu? I'm not complaining, will be fucking awesome if true.

DoomGyver

Fersis said:
Yeah but R2 stores the stats on Insomniac Servers and your PS3...
Since KZ2 servers arent online....
Killzone will store your stats on the servers. There is an option to upload your stats... you just can't do it yet because the servers are not up yet.

COD4 stores rank/weapons too.

Spruchy

MickeyKnox said:

What a guy protecting the weak and the innocent.

Top Bottom