• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dark10x said:
Also, I really wish they had an option to toggle crouch/cover so that I could use "hold L1" to bring up iron sights.
Just do what I do, when in cover and want to go to ironsights, release L2, and press L1 immediately. Shoot while you can, then just release L1 and re-press L2. You probably get a bit more damage this way but it works just fine.

PuppetMaster said:
I love the way R2 works. I could log into a totally different machine and my player rank, stats and unlockables everything would sync up. Every online game should follow this model.
It's almost like they spent 95% of their time developing peripheral features and ignored the actual game part till a week before the gold master deadline.

Spruchy said:
What a guy protecting the weak and the innocent.

That's only on even numbered days sweetheart.

-viper-

Banned
ShopTo have charged my account for the KZ2 steelbook order.

I hope they can dispatch the game today. But it seems unlikely - they only sent the email 10 minutes ago :{

supermackem said:
People with the full game will this play in 1080p like the demo thanks.

Interesting. I can avoid using Game Mode on my television if I can play this game at 1080p60 but I'll have to switch hdmi inputs with my Xbox 360 when playing. Maybe more of a pain than it's worth.

KZObsessed

-viper- said:
ShopTo have charged my account for the KZ2 steelbook order.

I hope they can dispatch the game today. But it seems unlikely - they only sent the email 10 minutes ago :{

Why not mine charged? Why charged not mine!?!?

ARGH!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
supermackem said:
People with the full game will this play in 1080p like the demo thanks.
Felix Lighter said:
Interesting. I can avoid using Game Mode on my television if I can play this game at 1080p60 but I'll have to switch hdmi inputs with my Xbox 360 when playing. Maybe more of a pain than it's worth.
You can force the game to render in (upscale to actually) 1080p if you want. Just disable 720p in the XMB settings before starting the game. I'm pretty sure it will look better in regular 720p mode though.

BruceWayneIII said:
Didn't GG themselves say that it's supposed to be played at 720p for the best results?

I find moving away from native resolution (like playing KZ2 and Uncharted in 1080p) made it look much worse.

Guess it depends on TV.

alr1ghtstart said:
Has anyone received games from amazon early if you chose release date delivery?

I have once, but that was with the MGS4 PS3 bundle. It was a great experience, though it hasn't happened to be since.

MickeyKnox said:
It's almost like they spent 95% of their time developing peripheral features and ignored the actual game part till a week before the gold master deadline.

That's only on even numbered days sweetheart.

I think we went through this yesterday, but can you post here or PM me if VGNY or J&L gets their shipment in today? I called VGNY yesterday and they said it was coming on Wednesday, but hopefully...

matticus

Crisco said:
God, Sony is so fucking bad at launching games. Why are they releasing this shit on a Friday? I'm going out of town this weekend and won't even be able to play it until Sunday night. Argh.

I will also be out of town and not be able to play until Sunday night...

bum bum ba bum baaaaaaauuuum

also, blaming Sony for your prior plans is weak

icechai

Lord Error said:
You can force the game to render in (upscale to actually) 1080p if you want. Just disable 720p in the XMB settings before starting the game. I'm pretty sure it will look better in regular 720p mode though.

GG said before in their forums (and other news outlets) that the 1080 upscaling was only meant for people who could not get 720p on their TVs. So just tick that 720p and be assured that's probably the better way to play it :p

Sorry to rain on everyone's NYC parade, but VGNY isn't getting Killzone 2 today.

I spoke with the owner, and he said the distributor failed to ship it yesterday. They are shipping it today, however, and they will be receiving it tomorrow.

cameltoe

Vyse The Legend said:
Sorry to rain on everyone's NYC parade, but VGNY isn't getting Killzone 2 today.

I spoke with the owner, and he said the distributor failed to ship it yesterday. They are shipping it today, however, and they will be receiving it tomorrow.

HAHA!!! :D

~Kinggi~ said:
This is one of those videos where both Guerrilla and Epic would shake their heads at the logic employed here, and ask God "why".

I can't watch You Tube while at work, but I think I've got the idea behind the video's general suckage.

NIN90

Game is pretty great so far.
I think I finally got a hold of the controls. I just had to lower the sensitivity one notch.

Loving the dialogue. It's even more ridiculous than Gears. :lol

-viper-

Banned
I think all ShopTo orders will be dispatched on Wednesday. The earliest we will see KZ2 is going to be on Thursday. I suppose that isn't too bad, though I would've like to have had the game tomorrow.

alba

Little is the new Big
Apparently some stores here are moving the date to 27th? WHAT THE FUCK MAN... no just no, stupid crap. I guess i'll just drive to holland tomorrow and pick another damn copy grRRr.

:'---(

Vyse The Legend said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
°°ToMmY°° said:
oh guys what you're missing :lol :lol :lol

game is beautiful, in every single way.

burn burn burn in a pool of fire :C

stop teasing the poor people , we are in waiting hell right now

~Kinggi~ said:
This is one of those videos where both Guerrilla and Epic would shake their heads at the logic employed here, and ask God "why".
Still, at least he pointed out the explosions and the intruder interacting with the volumetric smoke. I've always been happy to see that running in Killzone 2. It was most apparent in the intro sequence for the second level (aka the first part of the E3 05 trailer).

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
This has probably been covered, but this thread moves so fast that I'm going to ask anyway:

Can I set up a private match, filling the slots with bots, and then invite a friend to join me when he comes online?

I see in the OP that you can find friend's games online, so that's good, but I haven't seen clarification on the way the bots work in online private friend's-only matches.

A.R.K

In the video Exclusive Badge Abilities Part 1: Assault, it seemed like the class is way overpowered with all the big guns and also the increased speed. What are the weaknesses of this class then?

Also can one person join more than 1 clan?

A.R.K said:
In the video Exclusive Badge Abilities Part 1: Assault, it seemed like the class is way overpowered with all the big guns and also the increased speed. What are the weaknesses of this class then?

Very limited ammo and the fact that those weapons only really work in small locations like Blood Gracht or Radec Academy. When you're in larger spaces it's very hard to hit moving enemies.

TTP said:
Why hasn't Gamespot reviewed this game already? Almost forgot about it.

They said they wanted to take their time with it and possibly test out the public servers. They posted a multiplayer article last night where they said the review would be up sometime this week.

thaOwner

TTP said:
Why hasn't Gamespot reviewed this game already? Almost forgot about it.
The said they are waiting for the multiplayer servers to be turned on first before they review the game.
They might review it before the end of the week since the servers will be turned on tomorrow.

Top Bottom