• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

V-Gief

Dibbz said:
GAF I done made a video of my playing GW with Move. lol I suck at it so please don't complain also my camera was zoomed in too much so sorry about that. I just thought I show people what it's like to play with move.

Stalking
Only thing missing in this part of the clip is Benny Hill haha.

Dizzy

Banned
Meijimasha said:
Oh LOL, another twelve year old that thinks if it doesn't control exactly like an activision game it is somehow "wrong."

Grow up.
I never said it was "wrong", I said that I personally can't aim at enemies in the game. Excuse me for lacking the skill to do that and seeking advice on good settings. For the record I haven't played Call of Duty since 1 & 2....on PC.

Speaking of KZ2. I'm making it little by little but I'm still struggling. Think I'm gonna keep trying to do the single player on elite but as for multiplayer I'll be sticking with 3.

Animator

Is there a gaf clan I can join? I am looking for people actively playing the game, I am usually on every night after work around 8pm PST.

psn is: keyframe007

Cornbread78

Meijimasha said:
ARe your parents siblings, perchance?

How long do you think QA and Testing of a patch takes? Give me your ballpark estimate so I can know exactly how ignorant you really are.

And you people think the post quality on these boards is higher than gamefaqs or 4chan...lol

Wow, who the @$%@ are you buddy, #1 quality post right there....

Love the game, love the series, disappointed that it hasn't been fixed yet, at all. Problems were reported in the PS+ Beta and te public Beta, none of them have been fixed as of yet. You tell me why it hasn't been fixed.....

Massa

Cornbread78 said:
Wow, who the @$%@ are you buddy, #1 quality post right there....

Love the game, love the series, disappointed that it hasn't been fixed yet, at all. Problems were reported in the PS+ Beta and te public Beta, none of them have been fixed as of yet. You tell me why it hasn't been fixed.....

The difference between the PS+ beta and the current game is night and day. They also fixed many issues with the open beta, which I'm sure you'll remember was unplayable for several days.

Anyway, the FAQ's been updated recently, you should check it out.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Meijimasha said:

How long do you think QA and Testing of a patch takes? Give me your ballpark estimate so I can know exactly how ignorant you really are.

And you people think the post quality on these boards is higher than gamefaqs or 4chan...lol
You had a fair argument there. Shame you ruined it by throwing in a load of unnecessary spite along with it. GAF doesn't produce quality debate 100% of the time, but if you're going about criticizing the community, shouldn't you be setting an example with your own quality posts rather than adding to the problem?

As for the issues, yes, I'm surprised by the number of networking and graphical glitches I'm still experiencing. Every session brings something new and unexpected; today, I played a 30 minute long game but stayed at 0 points throughout. Nevertheless, I'm still having a whale of a time with the Move controller. It's such a refreshing experience that I'm willing to overlook these shortcomings.

Besides, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to buy a Guerilla Games product on release.

Cornbread78

Massa said:
The difference between the PS+ beta and the current game is night and day. They also fixed many issues with the open beta, which I'm sure you'll remember was unplayable for several days.

I didn't get to play in the PS+ Beta, I could only go from what my buddies told me on that one.
Trust me, I remember not even being able to play in the public Beta for a week, but some of the other reported issues and network errors were never fixed and they still occur today. It's next to impossible to bring a squad of 8 into a game. That has been happening since the beta. Also, they said they were going to add all the private match features, and clan options, but have yet to do any of that as of yet. IMO, that should have been done Day 1 as the game was launched, but 2 weeks in we have yet to see any of it.

Dizzy

Banned
Looking at all those problems I'm really lucky not to have experienced any of them. Can't believe they didn't have custom games on day 1 though. Hopefully th epatch is out soon.

Cornbread78

Massa said:

Thanks for pointing out they were updated. This answer is concerning though

Q: I'm experiencing freezes when the game is loading a map

Q: I'm experiencing freezes in single player while playing movies

Q: I cannot start KZ3 because the icon does not appear in the XMB.

A: This is a hardware issue. There might be issues with your blu ray drive. KZ3 is one of the few games that use a dual layer blu ray. Please contact Sony support.

This happens frequently, to not just me, but many people I play with that get a black screen and the system freezes. do all my friends have the same issues with different model PS3's? Very unlikely, also, have their replies were just: "future patch" nothing concrete.

I can't wait to see the full loadout of referrenced 1.04, however, many concernes are just referred to as said "future patch"....

just dissappointing I guess. I still love the game, but it could be and should be sooooo much better.

^^^^The game skips a little during movies for me. I also get lip sync issues. Im talking 2 second delay.

Can't be my BD drive, i just got a slim last week.

Facism

Kung Fu Grip said:
^^^^The game skips a little during movies for me. I also get lip sync issues. Im talking 2 second delay.

Can't be my BD drive, i just got a slim last week.

I get these too. Just a sloppy product all around at the moment, clearly rushed. I wonder if they'll ever fix the SP cutscene and vocal audio repetitions/cuts?

@ A.R.K: It's a bug with the clan system. A bunch of people have been randomly kicked from the clan without any input from the current clan leader. Reapply in the community thread.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A.R.K said:
WTF, why was I taken out of the FTSG clan? Did someone do this or is it some bug?

A lot of people were removed a week or so ago. I think it was a bug or something. Regardless, just post in the clan thread and someone can add you back.

Facism said:
I get these too. Just a sloppy product all around at the moment, clearly rushed. I wonder if they'll ever fix the SP cutscene and vocal audio repetitions/cuts?

@ A.R.K: It's a bug with the clan system. A bunch of people have been randomly kicked from the clan without any input from the current clan leader. Reapply in the community thread.
They better fix them. There should be no reason for this. And the lip sync really takes me out of the game. Makes me not want to play at all.

By the way, i don't know what you guys think, but i think KZ2's graphics are better. It seems more CG than KZ3.

For the love of god don't let me started on the wepon feel/weight/recoil. Damn masses always wins in every form of entertainment. How could you not like they way it felt in KZ2?

A.R.K

Facism said:

oh ok thanks....obligatory FTSG!!!!!!!

Dibbz

jorma said:
Love the last kill. Very persistent of you =)
Getting a Brutal Melee kill with move is very satisfying because it's so hard to pull of correctly without looking like a right idiot. No way I was going to pass up that opportunity :D

Galvanise_ said:
Would have laughed if someone else stole the kill right at the end. For that, GG would need to patch in trollface.
Well right at the end someone did kill me and I reckon he was following us both but was just too far to actually do anything. My kill actually won the round as well I think so it was all the more satisfying :D

Massa said:

FAQs are clearly indicating the game was rushed. One or two more months of polish would have eliminated all of these issues and would have provided a much smoother experience.

I know you guys have probably exhausted all desire to discuss it anymore...but
WTF AT THE ENDING!

This pretty much confirms the KZ universe isn't close to being over. I was not expecting a cliffhanger that abrupt. I wonder if GG are going to wait for the next Playstation. Who do you guys think they found on Helghan?

BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF AT THE ENDING!

This pretty much confirms the KZ universe isn't close to being over. I was not expecting a cliffhanger that abrupt. I wonder if GG are going to wait for the next Playstation. Who do you guys think they found on Helghan?

I'm okay with

cliffhangers, if done right (e.g., KZ2 ending), but the annoying part about this was that it just CUT OFF. It was like, I'm starting to feel some drama, let's explor... FUCK, CREDITS.

ARGH.

RedRedSuit said:
I'm okay with

cliffhangers, if done right (e.g., KZ2 ending), but the annoying part about this was that it just CUT OFF. It was like, I'm starting to feel some drama, let's explor... FUCK, CREDITS.

ARGH.

Your exactly right. I think we literally saw the cut off date for the game and they are like ummm crap we don't have anymore time uhhh cut.

see5harp

Holy shit what a terrible (albeit great looking) ending. Guerilla really shit the bed with this one. I enjoyed Killzone 2 for campaign and disliked the MP but this is like the complete opposite. Terrible story telling, bad dialogue, average voice acting and very repetitive scenarios. It's not that different from Call of Duty but I really think they did a poor job with everything aside from the graphics. First two thirds of the game was pretty enjoyable gameplaywise.

Cagen

While I enjoyed the single player it did feel rushed and there was a severe lack of cohesion between levels, locals and gameplay to cutscene transitions. Guerrilla stated they aimed for more varied locations for each level and while they did achieve it and some of it, if not all looked fantastic, the traversal and transitions between them was so, so poor. The glaringly obvious one being after you down the ATAC then are all of a sudden in some vehicle, of which you don't even know what it is until you finish the section and see it in the next cutscene.

The cutscenes were so jarring too, I go from killing some Higgs, climbing over some terrain to all of a sudden being greeted with a black screen then Sev randomly falling down a hill that wasn't there two seconds ago. Also, having them prerecorded annoyed the he'll out of me, I killing higs with my trusted STA14 and then it magically transforms into the M82, you would have thought Sev was a magician, not a soldier.

I was enjoying the gameplay but not really getting into the game until the
Junkyard, fighting up the crushing machine and the MAWLR battles which were excellent
but then it took a nose dive at the end after those sections and I was back into just going through the motions.

Overall I enjoyed it, its a good game but I prefer K2 in just about every aspect. Given another 6 months, with a beta far enough away from release to actually take feedback on board, this game, both multi and single player could have been excellent.

BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF AT THE ENDING!

They've spent years developing their PS3 game engine. It would be dumb to start over. KZ4 will be out in 3 years.

Massa

RedRedSuit said:
I'm okay with

ARGH.

I disagree.
The main goal in Killzone 2 was to capture Visari, you get a conclusion to that and a teaser for the next game. Then the main goal in Killzone 3 is to get out of Helghan, again you get a conclusion to that story and a teaser for the next chapter.

What really annoys the crap out of me is something like Assassin's Creed 2, where they story ends abruptly without going anywhere.

Facism

Still no bloody patch. Multi was a fucking wasteland in the EU last night. Either you got put into a server with no players or got matched with the same players over and over.

Completed an elite run of the singleplayer last night too. The Rigs, Harbour, Stahl Arms, Junkyard and Mawlr sections were pretty great times. Lots of interesting locales and gameplay. Feels like GG finished the last half of the game before they finished the first half, ending excluded.

I feel the story could have been told better through gameplay rather than constant cutscenes. Yes, you'd probably need cutscenes for the HGH powerstruggle stuff, but everything else could done with a hefty dose of Half-Life. They should have kept you in the game and made the journey feel like one, rather than seperate killbox sections strewn together with cutscenes holding them together.

You had flashes of story via gameplay and environment during the early sections of the game. Fighting through the ruins of Pyhrus where you come across the flamer HGH, you get this whole radio chatter of something happening elsewhere in the enviroment with other ISA troopers trying to make their own way to the extraction point. It added a whole fucking lot to the atmosphere and the story being told. Stahl Arms was another example, albeit a little long-winded.

one minor annoying thing as well is my cloaked kill trophy bugged out and i can't "re-earn" it, so no platinum on this. Literally the only trophy i need and i already got it days ago :/

Facism said:
Still no bloody patch. Multi was a fucking wasteland in the EU last night. Either you got put into a server with no players or got matched with the same players over and over.

Yeah they need to get this patch out, i aint playing it till they do as being stuck on one map is very fucking annoying.

Konosuke

LeoStenbuck said:
Regarding the ending:

How could one ship have threatened the Earth? The UCN would have some pretty stern defences wouldn't they?
They were probably filled with smaller ships with a nuke each. Sev's ship had a nuke and the impact on Helghan was huge.

Regarding the story, I think it's good and delivers on it's focus about union. Certanly not as bad as reviews make it be, it just ends with a very bad ending.
At the end of Killzone 2
both the ISA and the Helgast lost their leaders, Visari and Templar, and conflicts arise in both sides for leadership (Stahl vs Orlock, Rico vs Narville, with Rico and Stahl being the extremist side. The ISA side won because they, through Sev, reached the end united and had a single goal (Warn Earth), while Stahl and Orlock were still struggling. Yes, the odds were against them but the Helgast side kept fighting each other, escalating at destroying their own ships. If Stahl didn't pull off that desperado move they would won.

Thrakier

Konosuke said:
They were probably filled with smaller ships with a nuke each. Sev's ship had a nuke and the impact on Helghan was huge.

Regarding the story, I think it's good and delivers on it's focus about union. Certanly not as bad as reviews make it be, it just ends with a very bad ending.
At the end of Killzone 2
both the ISA and the Helgast lost their leaders, Visari and Templar, and conflicts arise in both sides for leadership (Stahl vs Orlock, Rico vs Narville, with Rico and Stahl being the extremist side. The ISA side won because they, through Sev, reached the end united and had a single goal (Warn Earth), while Stahl and Orlock were still struggling. Yes, the odds were against them but the Helgast side kept fighting each other, escalating at destroying their own ships. If Stahl didn't pull off that desperado move they would won.

The story is much better than in any other shooter out there. The potential is huge. They just don't deliver on the presentation. The cutscenes edited by the MGS staff or so...that would be huge.

Here is a list of what the patch does:

Killzone 3 - Patch 1.04 Changes and New functionality:

Network

Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013

Gameplay

Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win

Performance

Improvements to party creation server load

Menu

Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
Single click squad invite
Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons

Security

Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

Killzone 3 – Patch 1.04 Bug Fixes

Stability

Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps

Gameplay

Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries

Functionality

Disc eject now handled more gracefully
Clan– Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone

Trophies

DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2

Menu

Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
Accolades do now show subsequently
When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
CozMick said:
Oh my, no scoreboard fix, no melee button, no rotation fix.

sigh.

Was hoping a stealth fix for the map rotation fix, that is 1 huge glaring issue

FTSG!!

Gonna wait till that gets patched in, hated getting stuck in loop, deleted Retro pack to alleviate that, but can't play BG or SM now lol

By the way for all you guys that messaged me about slurpee.com and that points thing, it's back up, they fixed and split awards

4 slurpee points (1 XL cup = 4 points, so $1.79) = 3 Unlock Points
4 slurpee points (1 XL cup = 4 points, so $1.79) = 24 hour Double XP

Before it was both 24 hour double XP + 3 unlock points for 4 points, (I used it 3 times) and yes they are stack-able

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Full Recovery said:
No map rotation fix? Is this a goddamn joke?

24hr double xp is tempting, too bad the nearest 7/11 is like 40 minutes away.

Awwww....I just went to 7-11 and did my haul, came out of store with 16 points and already added them to my account >_<

Bought 1 XL, 2 Mediums, for every cup I filled up, I put an extra cup of same size underneath it for "Leaking Issues", so I double my points LOL

Should have let me know Son!

I helped Live_Feed get some points, so I'll help ya, give me a week, could get ya 4-8 points (~.^)

DoomGyver

Thanks for the offer but there's really no need. I have most of the important things unlocked already, I just like seeing 22k xp from a single match.
makes me feel like a god

Chuckie

Fuck... why don't us Euro's get some chances for extra XP? :(

Guerrilla is Dutch, but doesn't seem to give a shit about their native fans somehow. Kinda odd.

Tence said:
Fuck... why don't us Euro's get some chances for extra XP? :(

Guerrilla is Dutch, but doesn't seem to give a shit about their native fans somehow. Kinda odd.

Tis annoying. Although NA is the FPS market, KZ2 sold almost evenly in the NA and EU regions.

Meijimasha said:

And how long do you suppose your account will last with personal attacks? Its the respect that other members usually give each other that makes this board different than the ones mentioned above.

A little word of wisdom: ignorance can be replaced with knowledge but an asshole is just an asshole.

nib95

Banned
After seeing the NPD sales, I'm even more pissed off at the Multiplayer issues. If 1 million+ people were playing this game, ok, world is full errors and all the rest, much more understandable. But my guess is no more than 400-500k are. Not acceptable imo.

aristotle

GraveRobberX said:
Awwww....I just went to 7-11 and did my haul, came out of store with 16 points and already added them to my account >_<

Bought 1 XL, 2 Mediums, for every cup I filled up, I put an extra cup of same size underneath it for "Leaking Issues", so I double my points LOL

Should have let me know Son!

I helped Live_Feed get some points, so I'll help ya, give me a week, could get ya 4-8 points (~.^)
Hook me up GRX! ;)

I'll definitely be playing with the group this weekend. I got a new guitar so I've been sidetracked. D'oh!

smik

i think the saboteur class is pretty detrimental to the multiplayer gameplay, because K3's action is intense you still cant distinctively tell them apart leaving the complete advantage to them.

still havent figured out the best counter for them shit needs to get patched.

Top Bottom