• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

commish said:
I haven't been following Crysis 2, but I am sad to hear that the online sucks... I read that homefront's wasn't that good either. Too bad. Still looking for an online FPS to hold me until Battlefield 3 (at which time I will abandon all else for 2 years like I did with BF2).

My most missed feature of KZ2 was the custom servers. Oh, you want a 2 hour warzone with no assault on your favorite map? No problem. Easy to find, always full. Now, it's enough for me that I can get into a map that has at least 6 players per side on a map that I don't hate... which is rare :(

Check out the stream I posted above, the PS3 Homefront MP looks pretty good!

Cornbread78

cjtiger300 said:

We have a bunch of guys flocking there from KZ3 tomm. The game looks/sounds pretty generic, but I'll wait to get their impressions on it tonight and tomm.

Cornbread78 said:
We have a bunch of guys flocking there from KZ3 tomm. The game looks/sounds pretty generic, but I'll wait to get their impressions on it tonight and tomm.

Yeah I wanna hear GAF impressions myself. I love the fact that Kill Streaks don't really matter as its more point based. If you die you can still use whatever power up you want. To me Kill Streaks and and KDR have ruined online MP games.

I'm renting Homefront, as long as Gamemine sends the thing.

Thrakier

Cornbread78 said:
Just keep rubbing it in.... I never thought I'd say this, ever, about this game.... but I think I'll finish the game on Elite to get the shiney platinum trophy and cross over to Crysis 2 for online next week and Mass Effect 2 for everything else (I love Birthdays, LOL)

If Crysis 2 sucks online like people are saying it will, I'll just play my backlog until Resistance 3 drops in Sept. So dissappointed in this game.... Lately, these games have been more and more dissappointing when they finally launch..

Sure. And you really think that R3 won't suffer the same GAF fate as R2 did? As KZ2 did back then (just no one remembering it now)? As Socom will do? As Crysis 2 is already doing? As it happened to all MW games? It's always the *same* mechanics around here.

There is only one thing that's true for online games: Live with the flaws and enjoy a good game with your buddies. That was true for KZ2, it's true for KZ3 as well, it'll be true for every online shooter to follow it.

Warhaw is the exception though, this one is flawless. Besides the Base camping...oh...wait...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
cjtiger300 said:

Hmm, well I DO have a bunch of Amazon credit... it's either this or Crysis. I think I might prefer this one because the SP seems interesting.

SOCOM will be a purchase for me.

Cornbread78

Thrakier said:
Sure. And you really think that R3 won't suffer the same GAF fate as R2 did? As KZ2 did back then (just no one remembering it now)? As Socom will do? As Crysis 2 is already doing? As it happened to all MW games? It's always the *same* mechanics around here.

There is only one thing that's true for online games: Live with the flaws and enjoy a good game with your buddies. That was true for KZ2, it's true for KZ3 as well, it'll be true for every online shooter to follow it.

Warhaw is the exception though, this one is flawless. Besides the Base camping...oh...wait...

LOL exactly, I play online with my buddies to have fun first and foremost, it's always that way. That is a big determining factor in my MP games. R1, R2 and KZ2 were awesome online experiences for me. Hung out with a bunch of cool people and had a great time. I really don't care much for the CoD online community even though I was partied with great people; too many big mouthed punks, some with skill, most with not, but still want to yap yap yap...annoying as hell and ruins it. You can never quite hit Mute quick enough.

I guess, I just had really high expectations for KZ3 to play with my clan mates but we can't get into the same games with all the network errors and D/Cs.... Really ruining the experience I was really looking forward to more than anything....

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OK, so I finally got done moving. I still have plenty of boxes laying around. But have enough room hook up the PS3 so I just ordered Killzone 3.

Reading through this thread now makes me question that. Now keep in mind I've just been skimming this gigantic monster of a thread. Could somebody outline the issues, particularly with MP that I should look out for. I would much rather know what frustration I'm getting into before opening the package.

If it is as bad as some of you claim it is maybe I'll just return it and wait for Crysis 2 or the really long wait for Battlefield 3.

Facism

RbBrdMan said:
OK, so I finally got done moving. I still have plenty of boxes laying around. But have enough room hook up the PS3 so I just ordered Killzone 3.

Reading through this thread now makes me question that. Now keep in mind I've just been skimming this gigantic monster of a thread. Could somebody outline the issues, particularly with MP that I should look out for. I would much rather know what frustration I'm getting into before opening the package.

If it is as bad as some of you claim it is maybe I'll just return it and wait for Crysis 2 or the really long wait for Battlefield 3.

It's fun when you run with people you know. A game full of randoms just devolves into Team Deathmatch with the hassle of having objectives in the way.

LEGGZZZZ

Cornbread78 said:
Just keep rubbing it in.... I never thought I'd say this, ever, about this game.... but I think I'll finish the game on Elite to get the shiney platinum trophy and cross over to Crysis 2 for online next week and Mass Effect 2 for everything else (I love Birthdays, LOL)

If Crysis 2 sucks online like people are saying it will, I'll just play my backlog until Resistance 3 drops in Sept. So dissappointed in this game.... Lately, these games have been more and more dissappointing when they finally launch..

I don't know who you guys are listening to, but Crysis 2 does not suck online, the demo is some of the most fun I had online this gen (sorry about derailing thread). So many things you guys complain about in KZ3 are done so well in Crysis 2, I think the main issue is that like KZ2 with it's recoil, it has a bit of a learning curve to playing, and managing the suit powers, which is why I think so many are turned off by it (I hated at first as well). I highly suggest everyone download the demo this week, and play it a COUPLE times before dismissing it. It will be my go to game until BF3.

CozMick

Banned
LEGGZZZZ said:
I don't know who you guys are listening to, but Crysis 2 does not suck online, the demo is some of the most fun I had online this gen (sorry about derailing thread). So many things you guys complain about in KZ3 are done so well in Crysis 2, I think the main issue is that like KZ2 with it's recoil, it has a bit of a learning curve to playing, and managing the suit powers, which is why I think so many are turned off by it (I hated at first as well). I highly suggest everyone download the demo this week, and play it a COUPLE times before dismissing it. It will be my go to game until BF3.

Well, the framerate is terrible, the melee system is broken and the perks are on par with Killzone 3 (some are really OP) oh and theres no recoil, all this on a terrible netcode which included me as host.

Rolf NB

Atruvius said:
I mostly agree, but the facial animation was just horrible in KZ2 and it is much imroved in KZ3. I wonder why did GG change Sev's and Narville's voice actors. Narville sounded so much better and older in KZ2 and Sev's voice actor was also better in KZ2.
I don't know if it's my specific PS3 and some quirks with the loading, but all, and I mean all mouth animations in KZ3 have noticably lagged behind the dialog audio, and at that point I can no longer care about other aspects of them that may be good. Also Rico's banter lines keep getting cut off like clockwork.

LEGGZZZZ

CozMick said:
Well, the framerate is terrible, the melee system is broken and the perks are on par with Killzone 3 (some are really OP) oh and theres no recoil, all this on a terrible netcode which included me as host.

Hmmm haven't noticed any framerate issues when I play (keep in mind 360 demo is not the final build) but thats just me. I think the melee system works,not a online hit kill like COD/KZ3, and you can still defend yourself with armor mode on. The lag can be a issue at times I agree, but again I haven't experienced to the point of being unplayable, and I agree on the bolded about lack of recoil, but the gunplay is still fun in my book. I view crysis as a mixture of halo/cod done right, but anyway let me shut the hell up now since this thread is about KZ3.

DietRob

Facism said:
It's fun when you run with people you know. A game full of randoms just devolves into Team Deathmatch with the hassle of having objectives in the way.

What about technical problems with MP servers, any frequent netcode issues? Problems with matchmaking?

Dyno

Finished the single player on Trooper last night and my bud and I are eager to go through again on the highest difficulty. Really enjoyed this shooter. Haven't even tried the multi yet. There is just too much stuff out there.

Atruvius

Rolf NB said:
I don't know if it's my specific PS3 and some quirks with the loading, but all, and I mean all mouth animations in KZ3 have noticably lagged behind the dialog audio, and at that point I can no longer care about other aspects of them that may be good. Also Rico's banter lines keep getting cut off like clockwork.

That happened to me in KZ2 also. Also had some lines looping over and over in KZ2, especially in that level when you first get to use the flamethrower. But yeah, KZ2 is superior to KZ3 in almosy every way and I'm going to take my copy KZ3 to gamestop today with some other games.

Facism

RbBrdMan said:
What about technical problems with MP servers, any frequent netcode issues? Problems with matchmaking?

ah ok. If you have the retro map pack, make sure you change your map preference to a stock map or you're likely to get caught in a neverending loop of games on Salamun Market or Blood Gracht, depending on what gametype you play.

Matchmaking doesn't really work too brilliantly at the moment. You could end up in a full game, which is fine, or the game could throw you against 10 people on your own. You'll get put into games that are already halfway through. They're looking to sort it out a little so that matchmaking looks to fill up servers more.

I wish they went with Halo 3's matchmaking. Bunch of playlists to choose from, easy party management, fills the game up with players before starting the map. I hate matchmaking, but Halo 3's MM is literally my personal pinnacle of what matchmaking should be like.

Lastly, go throw a request to join FTSG in the community forum. It's not a competitive group by any means, just a way for us to get squads going and have decent people to play with (skill doesn't matter, willingness to play the game properly and have a good time do).

DietRob

Facism said:
ah ok. If you have the retro map pack, make sure you change your map preference to a stock map or you're likely to get caught in a neverending loop of games on Salamun Market or Blood Gracht, depending on what gametype you play.

Matchmaking doesn't really work too brilliantly at the moment. You could end up in a full game, which is fine, or the game could throw you against 10 people on your own. You'll get put into games that are already halfway through. They're looking to sort it out a little so that matchmaking looks to fill up servers more.

I wish they went with Halo 3's matchmaking. Bunch of playlists to choose from, easy party management, fills the game up with players before starting the map. I hate matchmaking, but Halo 3's MM is literally my personal pinnacle of what matchmaking should be like.

Lastly, go throw a request to join FTSG in the community forum. It's not a competitive group by any means, just a way for us to get squads going and have decent people to play with (skill doesn't matter, willingness to play the game properly and have a good time do).

I agree, Halo 3 is the pinnacle of Match Making, I have never really liked the gameplay of Halo, but the matchmaking is superb.

I'll check out the community forum in a bit. Unfortunately my Mic is broken, I have tried to sync it several times and just can't get the thing to work. It shows up as connected on screen but I can't hear anything out of it and people cannot hear me.

So if I am on a squad I'm not going to be able to communicate with anyone. Just a heads up there.

Facism

RbBrdMan said:
I agree, Halo 3 is the pinnacle of Match Making, I have never really liked the gameplay of Halo, but the matchmaking is superb.

I'll check out the community forum in a bit. Unfortunately my Mic is broken, I have tried to sync it several times and just can't get the thing to work. It shows up as connected on screen but I can't hear anything out of it and people cannot hear me.

So if I am on a squad I'm not going to be able to communicate with anyone. Just a heads up there.

No rel need to communicate in Warzone as you kinda know what you're doing based on the objective that's active :) We talk some shit though :d

Facism said:

I disagree. Call of Duty has the best matchmaking system IMO. It's fast as hell, gets people into open games, has the party system management, and most importantly, it's fast as hell. Halo 3 is slow, can't join games in progress, can't even up the teams even if someone drops just as the match is counting down, TOO MANY playlists/match variants, and in Reach there are too many voting options (like Killzone 3 as well).

Yes, in CoD/Killzone you may end up in a match that's halfway finished, but I'd rather have that than needing to start a fresh match every time, and not allowing for joining matches in progress.

CozMick

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I disagree. Call of Duty has the best matchmaking system IMO. It's fast as hell, gets people into open games, has the party system management, and most importantly, it's fast as hell. Halo 3 is slow, can't join games in progress, can't even up the teams even if someone drops just as the match is counting down, TOO MANY playlists, and in Reach there are too many voting options (like Killzone 3 as well).

Yes, in CoD/Killzone you may end up in a match that's halfway finished, but I'd rather have that than needing to start a fresh match every time, and not allowing for joining matches in progress.

This, there is nothing worse than a team of quitters in a game that doesn't allow mid game joiners.

commish

Facism said:
No rel need to communicate in Warzone as you kinda know what you're doing based on the objective that's active :) We talk some shit though :d

Replace "talk some shit" with "complain about KZ3", and I agree :p

I miss proximity chat. I was on salamun market, and I killed some guy about 10 times in a row with the WASP, and he screamed on me inbetween matches about all I can do is set in Exo suits and spam rockets. He didn't even believe me when I told him it wasn't the exo suits, but the wasp. :\

Thrakier

Cornbread78 said:
LOL exactly, I play online with my buddies to have fun first and foremost, it's always that way. That is a big determining factor in my MP games. R1, R2 and KZ2 were awesome online experiences for me. Hung out with a bunch of cool people and had a great time. I really don't care much for the CoD online community even though I was partied with great people; too many big mouthed punks, some with skill, most with not, but still want to yap yap yap...annoying as hell and ruins it. You can never quite hit Mute quick enough.

I guess, I just had really high expectations for KZ3 to play with my clan mates but we can't get into the same games with all the network errors and D/Cs.... Really ruining the experience I was really looking forward to more than anything....

lol, you know what's funny? You wrote something like "I wait for R3"...and then I read the R3 thread where you were already complaining about the low player count. Don't get me wrong, it's totally valid to dislike that...but you see what's going on here in general?

Cornbread78

Thrakier said:
lol, you know what's funny? You wrote something like "I wait for R3"...and then I read the R3 thread where you were already complaining about the low player count. Don't get me wrong, it's totally valid to dislike that...but you see what's going on here in general?

Yup, they are destroying all my favorite MP games, and trying to make CoD style clones of them... very dissappointing. Clan games are going by the wayside, (outside of MAG) seriously, even Socom is catering more with new ranked repspawn rooms, etc. I'm not liking this new trend at all....

Hellion

Finished the Single player last night on hard. Definitely my favorite FPS so far this year.

And I'm loving the online even more. Still need the sniper rifle :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Dyno said:
Finished the single player on Trooper last night and my bud and I are eager to go through again on the highest difficulty. Really enjoyed this shooter. Haven't even tried the multi yet. There is just too much stuff out there.

Just a heads up, if you & buddy complete game on Elite difficulty, there's likely a high chance you will not unlock the Elite Gold Trophy, you will get 100% in single player, but in co-op, it's dicey
(if not into trophies I understand, just passing along info, if you do)

commish

Meijimasha said:
I don't know why but the FUN FACTOR of this game seeems to have gone up since the last patch.

I think a lot of the whiners and complainers and retards have left the game, so the playerbase in general is improving.

.GqueB.

Banned
commish said:
I haven't been following Crysis 2, but I am sad to hear that the online sucks... I read that homefront's wasn't that good either. Too bad. Still looking for an online FPS to hold me until Battlefield 3 (at which time I will abandon all else for 2 years like I did with BF2).

My most missed feature of KZ2 was the custom servers. Oh, you want a 2 hour warzone with no assault on your favorite map? No problem. Easy to find, always full. Now, it's enough for me that I can get into a map that has at least 6 players per side on a map that I don't hate... which is rare :(
I really need to try Battlefield. I hear nothing but praise. Remind me when it comes out. This is your job.

Take it seriously

see5harp

commish said:
By now, anyone who buys a FPS for the single player is a little silly, to be honest. Everyone should know by now that it's probably going to be a 5 or 6 hour affair and will leave people disappointed. I can't remember the last FPS that had a single player people enjoyed, besides DS2, I guess. If you aren't into multi, just rent. Most devs aren't the best at making FPS single player modes, for whatever reason. For every HL2, there are 20 CODs.

I probably enjoyed the actual narrative and going from level to level in Black Ops more than Killzone 3. You are right though, I usually don't play FPS games for the story or characters.

see5harp

Net_Wrecker said:
I disagree. Call of Duty has the best matchmaking system IMO. It's fast as hell, gets people into open games, has the party system management, and most importantly, it's fast as hell. Halo 3 is slow, can't join games in progress, can't even up the teams even if someone drops just as the match is counting down, TOO MANY playlists/match variants, and in Reach there are too many voting options (like Killzone 3 as well).

I think COD has great speed, but aside from getting you into a game quickly, it doesn't really compare to Halo 3 or Reach. If you actually look at the options availible for private games and the god status net code, Reach is currently at the top of the dog pile. Last night I played custom games (also currently console leading for options) with 5 guys all on different continents. We were switching modes, maps, weapon loadouts (random weapon spawn is so fun), and equipment timing between every game. Completely lag free with zero hitches.

Thrakier said:

You must not remember all the Warhawk hate when it first came out too. Just how the vicious cycle works....

From what I can tell so far, KZ3 MP is honestly a solidly balanced game, in terms of classes and abilities. There will always be complaining, as everyone has their own ideas, but I feel all the classes (other than maybe medic) are pretty damn strong.

What hurts is the lack of good maps. I don't think I've met one person that was really happy with the maps TBH. They're just overly complex and cluttered for the sake of being visually impressive -- but no one really cares about being visually impressed when it comes to competitive play.

Maps, maps, maps. Maps are the key. Have something more open and less conducive to clusterfucks. Salamun Market is a good map. Go with something like that.

Khronikos

Banned
What the fuck. Is this a KZ3 thread or generic shooter thread?

Exactly about the maps. It is the ONLY thing drastically wrong at this point and it's so motherfucking huge of a deal that I am not exactly positive about the future. These guys no longer realize how to design maps and it's going to kill online fast I can already predict this with some accuracy. We have almost nothing of worth in Warzone. Salamun, Corinth, a few more and that is basically it. At this point the whole entire game is coming down to maps and we have basically none that people really want to play. It is a travesty of epic proportions taking into account the tech they had to play with and what we got.

commish

RedRedSuit said:
From what I can tell so far, KZ3 MP is honestly a solidly balanced game, in terms of classes and abilities. There will always be complaining, as everyone has their own ideas, but I feel all the classes (other than maybe medic) are pretty damn strong.

What hurts is the lack of good maps. I don't think I've met one person that was really happy with the maps TBH. They're just overly complex and cluttered for the sake of being visually impressive -- but no one really cares about being visually impressed when it comes to competitive play.

Maps, maps, maps. Maps are the key. Have something more open and less conducive to clusterfucks. Salamun Market is a good map. Go with something like that.

I agree. Maps are terrible and are really what is holding this game back more than anything.

Dibbz

Ahh been without Killzone for the weekend, good to finally get back on it. Need patch is great, medics can actually help out a lot now which is nice.

Move is still fucking hard to play with but I'm sticking with it until I become better with it than my DS3.

Cruzader

Banned
X-Frame said:
All I care about now is Sony not ruining Starhawk, TBH.
If they add in auto-lock once again, it will be shit before it releases.

Gun play based on Warhawk needs serious improvement.

Hate auto lock. It pisses me off I beat Elite mode and still felt like the game babies you.

-viper-

Banned
Atruvius said:
I mostly agree, but the facial animation was just horrible in KZ2 and it is much imroved in KZ3. I wonder why did GG change Sev's and Narville's voice actors. Narville sounded so much better and older in KZ2 and Sev's voice actor was also better in KZ2.
Agree. Change of voice actors was unnecessary. Narville does sound somewhat similar in both games though.

I'm replaying the SP campaign on Elite. I personally think KZ2 is far more 'polished' overall.

Gameplay and graphics of KZ3 are better though though I find the cutscenes in this game quite horrible. Although voice actor for Stahl was fantastic.

Hard to say what I game I prefer. KZ3 really picks up towards the end.

I would not have minded an additional few months before this game could have been released. Seems somewhat rushed.

-viper-

Banned
RedRedSuit said:

The DLC Maps (Saluman and Blood Gratch) are both better than every single KZ3 map!

Game needs better maps for sure. Extremely busy, extremely cluttered. They're awful and distracting from gameplay.

I also think KZ3 would be a better game if it was limited to 16 players max. There would be less of a clusterfuck for starters and less lag. The best KZ2 matches were games limited to this player count and anything higher was simply a chaotic mess. 24 players is overkill for KZ3.

.GqueB.

Banned
RedRedSuit said:

The funny thing about the maps is that its very clear why theys are ass. I noticed this last night while trying out KZ2 for shits and giggles. I played on Phyrrus Rise (a flawed yet likeable map I now realize) and felt pretty satisfied with the experience.

Then I played Radec.

Hey GG,

STOP MAKING ME EXIT BUILDINGS WHEN I SPAWN.

Looking back at KZ2 and now at KZ3, every time you have to exit some building to get to the action, the map more than likely sucks.

Tharsis
Radec
Phyrrus Crater (Ive only played Hig side here. I literally quit whenever it pops up)
Turbine
Mawlr graveyard (Hig Side)
Frozen Damn (though I dont really mind this map personally)

This is just off the top of my head but still. I either struggle getting out of these stupid mazes or Im getting spawn camped at them. I never got spawn camped at Salamun Market. Not once at Phyrrus Rise. I didnt have to run a maze to get out either. I was spawned then off and running. What is their obsession with buildings and doors and stairs? Just about every map is riddled with them. In KZ3, there isnt really one map that feels "open" and free. I wanna spread my wings and fly. I dont wanna have to walk up a flight of stairs fearing for my life. I always feel like I can walk through any door and be shot by some ass that is sitting there staring at it.

Bilgarsk and Corinthhighway come close to that open, inviting feel but then theres just "shit" every where. Shit here, Shit there.

And just a side question. Does Kaznan jungle come with the game or is it DLC?

-viper-

Banned
.GqueB. said:
The funny thing about the maps is that its very clear why theys are ass. I noticed this last night while trying out KZ2 for shits and giggles. I played on Phyrrus Rise (a flawed yet likeable map I now realize) and felt pretty satisfied with the experience.

Then I played Radec.

Hey GG,

STOP MAKING ME EXIT BUILDINGS WHEN I SPAWN.

Looking back at KZ2 and now at KZ3, every time you have to exit some building to get to the action, the map more than likely sucks.

Tharsis
Radec
Phyrrus Crater (Ive only played Hig side here. I literally quit whenever it pops up)
Turbine
Mawlr graveyard (Hig Side)
Frozen Damn (though I dont really mind this map personally)

This is just off the top of my head but still. I either struggle getting out of these stupid mazes or Im getting spawn camped at them. I never got spawn camped at Salamun Market. Not once at Phyrrus Rise. I didnt have to run a maze to get out either. I was spawned then off and running. What is their obsession with buildings and doors and stairs? Just about every map is riddled with them. In KZ3, there isnt really one map that feels "open" and free. I wanna spread my wings and fly. I dont wanna have to walk up a flight of stairs fearing for my life. I always feel like I can walk through any door and be shot by some ass that is sitting there staring at it.

Bilgarsk and Corinthhighway come close to that open, inviting feel but then theres just "shit" every where. Shit here, Shit there.

And just a side question. Does Kaznan jungle come with the game or is it DLC?
Kaznan is a Guerilla Warfare (TDM) map.

Pyhruss Crater is truly an abomination of a map (the green palette adds to my hate for this map) though turbine is equally as bad. The maps in KZ3 are unnecessarily overcomplicated for their own good. I think this facilitates for further camping.

We need more maps like Saluman Market, Corinth River, Radec Academy, Tharsis Depot, Visari Hammer, Phyrus Rising, Southern Hills, Arctower Landing, Suljeva Cliffside.

.GqueB.

Banned
-viper- said:
Kaznan is a Guerilla Warfare (TDM) map.

Pyhruss Crater is truly an abomination of a map.
aaaaah ok. I was wondering why Id never seen it. Gonna try some GW tonight. Ive only done it once.

A.R.K

On the topic of maps, I think some KZ maps are just too complex for their own good. It would be nice to have some straight forward maps without bunch of multiple complex stairways, rooms and paths. In KZ you really have to learn the maps and I don't mind maps being complex but they just take it 2 steps above that which gives you headache to even learn them (specially for new comers and they get their ass mowed down). This is more evident in KZ3 though.

K.I.S.S = keep it simple stupid

Zen

Banned
Killzone 3 definitely needs better maps, hopefully the new DLC maps coming out are good, and I also hope we haven't seen the last of the retro maps.

thuway said:
Killzone 2's writing was better, but be real here, the facial animations in Killzone 3 kill the second ones. KZ2's facial animations really killed the graphics for me.

I guess it depends. Killzone 3 had better facial animations but neither game is good in that respect. To me the superior lighting, directing, music, voice acting, and writing of what we saw in Killzone 2 vastly outweighs the fact that their faces were a little stiff.

I feel like the biggest problem with Killzone 3 single player was that they changed writers, even over the much more linear gameplay. The new writer just doesn't have the intimacy with the universe that the old one seemed to have.

Khronikos

Banned
The maps need balancing and yes we need more maps at a decent rate here to keep this from falling apart. So far the maps as they are get an Overall D+ grade from me. It will make or break this game no doubt. We better be able to expect that Blood Gracht will become a Warzone map as well as 6 more full fledged Zone maps to flesh out this stuff.

Then you need to go back and rebalance your old maps, at least ones like PCrater, Turbine, and Akmir. To me at this point I just don't even like these maps with 24 people at all. I don't know what you need to do but lower the player count on small maps if you have to or make bigger and better ones!

Top Bottom