• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dash Kappei said:
swear to God if my preorder doesn't show up today I'm gonna use the Move's ball to play catch the mouse with my cat... shit is sitting unutiized, bothers me a lot.

YAY! It's here, yessssss! :) Military green DS3 looks FABULOUS.
But I need help with calibrating the Move, when I'm in the calibration menu in-game, the crosshair goes in some kind of auto-centering mode after a while even if stand perfectly still and also if I move around in circles (in-bound, not off screen!) after a while it becomes janky and drops frames, whatever the sensivity. Pretty damn awful, but maybe that is normal and doesn't happen when playing?

Thrakier

I agree that the maps are very complex. However, I always thought that this is not a problem anymore once you played the game for a while. Some of the KZ2 maps were very complex as well, like Phyruss Rise for example.

I don't think DLC maps are a solution. They are just splitting the player base.

I'm playing the SP campaign on Elite now, liking it more than my first time. Probably I do understand the storie bits better. It's not so hectic anymore because I already now what's happening. Gameplaywise it's more fun too because I'm experimenting a bit more with strategies and stuff. KZ3 certainly isn't an intelligent game, but I never thougt that it would. It's quite bombastic and a competent shooter with great gunplay and amazing graphics.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Thrakier said:
I don't think DLC maps are a solution. They are just splitting the player base.

well they could give us some good free maps to make up for the utter crap ones we already paid for....

lol

Acrylic7

I advise everyone to go back to Killzone 2. This is just a mess.
I'm still not seeing how anyone can say that this is better than Kz2, or that KZ3 is fun to pay with others.

Thrakier

Acrylic7 said:
I'm still not seeing how anyone can say that this is better than Kz2, or that KZ3 is fun to pay with others.

Yeah, totally. When I joined a 32players clusterfuck on Tharsis yestrerday (a map which maybe is big enough for 12 or 16 players), framerate around 25, no awesome move controls (sorry KZ2, that really isn't your fault), spawn grenades facing each other aaaand...aww. What the hell. I don't want to speak bad of KZ2 because I had great times with it. But going back from KZ3 to KZ2 because KZ2 is supposedly NOT a mess...really...no. The flaws are different but equally as big.

Biggets flaw btw is imo the matchmaking. When you are playing alone it's fine, but in a squad it's stupid that you play against 2 or 3 other guys all the time. Boring. What the hell.

Acrylic7 said:

There is a number of things KZ3 does better IMO.

Shooting feels better and more accessible. Menus are fast and responsive. Much friendlier starting experience: no having to put in the dues at the start, playing Soldier and unlocking classes: you can get to all the classes and the fun stuff immediately or almost immediately. Progression is more rewarding and makes more sense. Easy to use interface. A party system that exists and works from the beginning. No more absurd (and default!!!) 32-player option (24 = much better). Operations mode is a great addition.

Certainly some things from KZ2 one takes from granted are gone in KZ3. E.g., the stats are far less detailed. No custom games. killzone.com is waaaay downgraded in functionality.

However, these problems are all fixable, and at least some missing things (custom games) will probably be added back in.

What is not really fixable in my humble opinion are the maps. KZ2 had really good maps (when filled with the appropriate # of players); KZ3 doesn't. Obviously they can't reconfigure the geometry of these maps at this time, nor will they just make a bunch of new ones and give them out for free. DLC is great and all, but it will be tough to get any serious number of players to buy them.

So, it is sad.

alr1ght

Thrakier said:
Yeah, totally. When I joined a 32players clusterfuck on Tharsis yestrerday (a map which maybe is big enough for 12 or 16 players), framerate around 25, no awesome move controls (sorry KZ2, that really isn't your fault), spawn grenades facing each other aaaand...aww. What the hell. I don't want to speak bad of KZ2 because I had great times with it. But going back from KZ3 to KZ2 because KZ2 is supposedly NOT a mess...really...no. The flaws are different but equally as big.

There is this invention called custom games.

alr1ghtstart said:

There is, but when playing alone you have two options. You create your own game with a reasonable player count (and wait for a half hour for it to fill up) -- boring. Or, you can search for a game with a reasonable player count. In my experience, at least back then, 95% of games would be named "Warzone" and would be left at the default -- 32 players (thanks, GG). So yes, you could sometimes find what you wanted... but most of the time you really couldn't -- or could, but it was a hassle. Of course, someone actually created those games, so it's their fault -- but actually, no, it's GG's fault for providing a bad default and thus not accounting for the dumb masses.

The whole "32 player default" thing in KZ2 was a real problem. I don't know, maybe they fixed it with a late patch after I stopped playing.

Thrakier

alr1ghtstart said:

Right. I guess in total I spent several hours in KZ2 on a) finding a game with the settings I liked and that didn't lag too much or b) starting my own game and wait for an hour till the game is going...or maybe...is never going.

Thrakier said:
Right. I guess in total I spent several hours in KZ2 on a) finding a game with the settings I liked and that didn't lag too much or b) starting my own game and wait for an hour till the game is going...or maybe...is never going.

Exactly. Sometimes I would join a 32-player game just because *at the time* it had 16-20 players in it, with the hope that maybe no more would join after me.

alr1ght

RedRedSuit said:
There is, but when playing alone you have two options. You create your own game with a reasonable player count (and wait for a half hour for it to fill up) -- boring. Or, you can search for a game with a reasonable player count. In my experience, at least back then, 95% of games would be named "Warzone" and would be left at the default -- 32 players (thanks, GG). So yes, you could sometimes find what you wanted... but most of the time you really couldn't -- or could, but it was a hassle. Of course, someone actually created those games, so it's their fault -- but actually, no, it's GG's fault for providing a bad default and thus not accounting for the dumb masses.

The whole "32 player default" thing in KZ2 was a real problem. I don't know, maybe they fixed it with a late patch after I stopped playing.

Or you can play KZ3 and play 12 on 4, which happens a lot. Neither system works 100%.

alr1ghtstart said:
Or you can play KZ3 and play 12 on 4, which happens a lot. Neither system works 100%.

Neither system works 100%, but KZ3's works better in this regard. The chances of a clusterfuck 32-player game in KZ2 were really, really high. The chances of playing in a severely imbalanced game in KZ3 are not nearly as high -- at least from personal experience. I will admit it seems to happen more when playing in a squad... but it's still better than having to either pick from 50 32-player clusterfucks or wait a half hour for your room to fill up.

commish said:
I think a lot of the whiners and complainers and retards have left the game, so the playerbase in general is improving.

I couldn't get into Warzone as usual, so I wound playing a lot of Operations...and my shiny new Sniper Rifle suddenly became awesome.

Now I'm fully into it. Probably need to play some more, but either I've gotten better or this gun is overpowered.

LifEndz

Tried something different with KZ3 by not reading Gaf or reviews until I had some time with the game. So while I agree that there are improvements to be made, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. Especially so bad as to warrant going back to KZ2. Did we all forget about the cluster bleep utter insanity on certain KZ2 maps? Or how rocket spamming got to the point that you had to specifcally look for matches with no rockets?

There are some little annoyances. The UI is hideous looking. Otherwise, the return of custom matches, improved matchmaking, and making a reduction of the bullet sponge factor would make this game incredible.

Oh yeah, can you people please wait a bleeping second before hitting x to respawn? I play as a medic and it's infuriating how often I run to get someone but get there a second too late.

PSN: Lifendz

Zen

Banned
It's the usual GAF hyperbole and the grass is always greener thing. Not that there aren't good things about both games.

alr1ght

LifEndz said:
Tried something different with KZ3 by not reading Gaf or reviews until I had some time with the game. So while I agree that there are improvements to be made, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. Especially so bad as to warrant going back to KZ2. Did we all forget about the cluster bleep utter insanity on certain KZ2 maps? Or how rocket spamming got to the point that you had to specifcally look for matches with no rockets?

Will everyone please stop complaining about this? You can make your own rooms, turn off all rockets, and set the player count, or join a game to your liking. We had a game of Warzone yesterday of 10v10, no assault, no rockets. Default KZ2 was a mess, but could be fixed. Default KZ3 is a mess, but can't.

Tom Penny

This game is fucking retarded. You can drop 5 mortars on a mech watch it get hit by 20 bombs and they don't die. Fucking sooooooo gay yet a gun can kill one.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I think they need to look back to Killzone 2 for gun balance and how much life the enemies have.

^I agree.

Killzone 2 the standard was 100 health, M82 did 25 dps, Sta52 did 20 dps.

This time you know what the stats are?

Players have 80 health by default in the multiplayer, Armor adds 20. M82 does 32 dps, Sta52 does 28.

Zen

Banned
Tom Penny said:
This game is fucking retarded. You can drop 5 mortars on a mech watch it get hit by 20 bombs and they don't die. Fucking sooooooo gay yet a gun can kill one.

Using gay as a negative pejorative WILL get you banned.

1 well place rocket and 1 shot a mech by itself. They're hardly invulnerable.

Massa

Meijimasha said:
^I agree.

Killzone 2 the standard was 100 health, M82 did 25 dps, Sta52 did 20 dps.

This time you know what the stats are?

Players have 80 health by default in the multiplayer, Armor adds 20. M82 does 32 dps, Sta52 does 28.

Interesting, that explains why Killzone 3's online multiplayer feels very similar to Killzone 2's Skirmish mode to me.

patsu

Acrylic7 said:

Gah... I have been playing KZ3 everyday, and today for 2 hours straight so far. ^_^

Teknoman

Zen said:
It's the usual GAF hyperbole and the grass is always greener thing. Not that there aren't good things about both games.

The complaints must all center on MP then. I havent tried MP yet since this is my first time actually sitting down with the game, but the campaign is awesome. Graphics are alot better, the pace/feel of the fights is alot smoother, characters dont speak as slow as they did in Killzone 2, and even Rico doesnt sound as dumb.

Shooting seems pretty spot on both from the hip and down the sights.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Acrylic7 said:

I vote Acrylic7 for president of this thread because I believe in his views.

edit:

my very own personal review scores.
killzone - ps2 - 5/10
killzone 2 - ps3 - 9/10
killzone 3 - ps3 5/10

KZ3 is a bed-wetter.

patsu

Perhaps you should post in the KZ2 thread. That way I can play both games with GAF instead of just one. I like KZ2 for the effects and mayhem, but I like KZ3 for advanced capabilities that can make a difference without the entire team coming with you.

cnizzle06

Banned
erlim said:

edit:

killzone - ps2 - 5/10
killzone 2 - ps3 - 9/10
killzone 3 - ps3 5/10

KZ3 is a bed-wetter.
He should be president of the Killzone 3 thread...

Because of his views on killzone 2?

Makes sense.

patsu

If KZ2 is as good as he believes, it will have its own following without downplaying KZ3. same can be said about KZ3. Don't know why people think they must be mutually exclusive.

Meijimasha said:
I despise Warhawk.

Run 15 miles to an objective to get bombed as soon as you get there.

Why would you run in Warhawk? o_O

I rarely walked or ran in Warhawk, or even saw someone on foot as frequently as in any other vehicle based mp.

mr_nothin

Banned
RedRedSuit said:
There is a number of things KZ3 does better IMO.

Shooting feels better and more accessible. Menus are fast and responsive. Much friendlier starting experience: no having to put in the dues at the start, playing Soldier and unlocking classes: you can get to all the classes and the fun stuff immediately or almost immediately. Progression is more rewarding and makes more sense. Easy to use interface. A party system that exists and works from the beginning. No more absurd (and default!!!) 32-player option (24 = much better). Operations mode is a great addition.

Certainly some things from KZ2 one takes from granted are gone in KZ3. E.g., the stats are far less detailed. No custom games. killzone.com is waaaay downgraded in functionality.

However, these problems are all fixable, and at least some missing things (custom games) will probably be added back in.

What is not really fixable in my humble opinion are the maps. KZ2 had really good maps (when filled with the appropriate # of players); KZ3 doesn't. Obviously they can't reconfigure the geometry of these maps at this time, nor will they just make a bunch of new ones and give them out for free. DLC is great and all, but it will be tough to get any serious number of players to buy them.

So, it is sad.
Fuck accessible..I'm tired of that bullshit word. I'm tired of this easy to learn/easy to master bs too. It should be easy to learn and difficult to master...there should be some kind of learning curve to separate the skilled from the amateurs. Ppl shouldnt be turning on the game for the 1st time and mowing down everybody after playing for only 5 mins.

I just hate the word accessible this generation....trying to bring in that new "wii crowd" to games they dont want to play. Just about every developer this gen has been screaming "ACCESSIBLE" to the top of their lungs. This is why I cant wait for BF3. Give me that die-hard gamer game. That game that I'll still be learning after 40+ hours of gameplay. That game where I think I'm so good after putting in 15 hours - only to find out that there's a whole 'nother league of players above me - so now I have to play against them and get owned a lot in order to get better and step my game up and start giving those same players problems.

Zen

Banned
erlim said:

edit:

killzone - ps2 - 5/10
killzone 2 - ps3 - 9/10
killzone 3 - ps3 5/10

KZ3 is a bed-wetter.

Sweet ranking wars!

Killzone - PS2 - 6/10 amazing aesthetics, worst in the series for gameplay
Killzone Liberation - PSP - 9/10 Amazing translation of Killzone gameplay to a new perspective, deep gameplay and mechanics
Killzone 2 - PS3 - 7/10 Best in the series overall, lacking some depth in story, technical and design issues ruined multiplayer as being viable for the mass market. Amazing production values and gameplay.
Killzone 3 - PS3 - 6.5/10 Multiplayer is far better designed for mass market, worse (than Killzone 2) level design, writing, story, production values, better aiming/shooting controls but slightly too light and diminishes from the impact of your actions along with sped up hit response system and enemy actions.

I think i would have enjoyed a 'fixed' Killzone 2 multiplayer more than the Killzone 3 setup, but as is I enjoy Killzone 3 multiplayer more than Killzone 2, but not enough to not go back to Killzone 2 multiplayer here and there.

mr_nothin

Banned
LifEndz said:
Did we all forget about the cluster bleep utter insanity on certain KZ2 maps? Or how rocket spamming got to the point that you had to specifcally look for matches with no rockets?
Did everyone forget that once you found those servers...you could basically go back anytime and play on those servers again? You could find like 5-10 different servers and just stick to those if you wanted. You have those few servers that you can count on and if you wanted to search for something new then you could. Now you cant

LifEndz

alr1ghtstart said:
Will everyone please stop complaining about this? You can make your own rooms, turn off all rockets, and set the player count, or join a game to your liking. We had a game of Warzone yesterday of 10v10, no assault, no rockets. Default KZ2 was a mess, but could be fixed. Default KZ3 is a mess, but can't.

That's true, but unless you know a good amount of people it's probably going to take a while for you to get enough people in that room. KZ2 had a myriad of options you could deploy to make the game to your liking, but the time it took to get a bunch of guys in a room made it a nonfactor for most of us.

Zen

Banned
I always had a hard time finding a room that fit what I was looking for, especially when I played not too long ago with the much smaller player population. It was either choose something that you were somewhat satisfied with (but some key criteria was missing) or go to some laggy sever outside of your region. :\

Looking forward to custom games in Killzone 3 all the same. It's criminal (hyperbole) that they aren't in at launch.

patsu

I don't think accessible means Wii crowd. CoD has huge crowd because it was fun to many people, and the concept appeals to them.

I don't think difficult games mean GAF will love it. I seldom see Gaffers on MAG. I remember people complaining about unbalanced maps, lack of teamwork, etc.

It's just people's personal preferences. It's fine to be a critic but it doesn't mean that there is only one way to see it. If you don't like the game, sell it. At this rate, I think the developers may gain more money and love doing casual games. ^_^

mr_nothin

Banned
patsu said:
I don't think accessible means Wii crowd. CoD has huge crowd because it was fun to many people, and the concept appeals to them.

I don't think difficult games mean GAF will love it. I seldom see Gaffers on MAG. I remember people complaining about unbalanced maps, lack of teamwork, etc.

It's just people's personal preferences. It's fine to be a critic but it doesn't mean that there is only one way to see it. If you don't like the game, sell it. At this rate, I think the developers may gain more money and love doing casual games. ^_^
Exactly, it's a personal preference. I'm not talking in terms of what the "market" thinks. I'm stating what I want and what I hate. This very thing that I hate will cause me to quit gaming.

The whole "wii crowd" statement was only used because I didnt want to get into the whole "what's hardcore and what's casual" discussion. The point is, is that they are trying to bring in ppl that dont normally play games or these types of games at all (which is what just about every developer that says "accessible" says).

Also, I'm not saying more 'difficult' games would make GAF like it. I'm saying I love games that require skill and games that have a reasonably steep learning curve but still allow new players to run around and have fun (until they come face to face with a skilled player). Think Counterstrike Source...a game in which my 7-13 year old nephews have tons of fun playing but they'll rarely if EVER take down a really skilled player that knows how to control recoil and spread. Again, im not speaking for everyone...i'm speaking on what I like and what I want. Sidenote: Hell I hated when they turned friendly fire off by default when going into retail. I HATED that. It made the game play very differently.

With all of this said, I can understand why a developer would do all of these things...especially if they are being pressured to sell millions of copies of a game. That doesnt mean I like the fact that they are doing it. I also already took the advice you stated. I played the game for a good 15-20 hours and came to a point where I said fuck this game, it isnt for me, others can have fun with it. KZ2 was the better game to me and I can compare/contrast all day and night but my love for the series stops there and I'll move on to another game (im currently anticipating Socom 4/Brink/and Battlefield 3...which are all games that seem to require a decent amount of skill to play well, based on the previews and descriptions thus far).

So if they keep on this track with KZ4+ then I'm not even going to buy the games from now on. I'll be ok, I'll find another game & series to play. I dont get why gamers cant just do that. Stop wishing for this game to be like that game...if you dont like it then move on and find something else. We're losing diversity.

Snuggler said:
KZ2 - Warzone was my best MP experience on this-gen consoles, so can't agree to that
It was mines too. 250+ hours of that game...from the beta to the retail.

Thrakier said:

Biggets flaw btw is imo the matchmaking. When you are playing alone it's fine, but in a squad it's stupid that you play against 2 or 3 other guys all the time. Boring. What the hell.

It's not the game's fault that people are too stupid to throw spawn grenades the right way.

ZeroRay

Wish KZ2 was for the PC. A few mods and it would of been perfect.

KZ3 is fun most of the time but I honestly wouldn't play as much as I am now if my friends didn't too.

Tom Penny said:

What's retarded is having mechs and mortars in the game, and rockets, and custom loadouts, I'm shocked there aren't more infiltrators with rockets.

I'm nailing through Elite playthrough. The game feels so easy compared to KZ2. I've been able to get all the way to
orbital station
in one afternoon.

mr_nothin said:
Fuck accessible..I'm tired of that bullshit word. I'm tired of this easy to learn/easy to master bs too. It should be easy to learn and difficult to master...there should be some kind of learning curve to separate the skilled from the amateurs. Ppl shouldnt be turning on the game for the 1st time and mowing down everybody after playing for only 5 mins.

I just hate the word accessible this generation....trying to bring in that new "wii crowd" to games they dont want to play. Just about every developer this gen has been screaming "ACCESSIBLE" to the top of their lungs. This is why I cant wait for BF3. Give me that die-hard gamer game. That game that I'll still be learning after 40+ hours of gameplay. That game where I think I'm so good after putting in 15 hours - only to find out that there's a whole 'nother league of players above me - so now I have to play against them and get owned a lot in order to get better and step my game up and start giving those same players problems.

Oh do shut the fuck up with the elitist nonsense.

Your post has nothing to do with what I was saying. It's just a random irrelevant rant.

The initial unfriendliness of Killzone 2 multiplayer has nothing to do with "the Wii crowd" or any of that elitist nonsense. The game wasn't accessible or friendly to someone starting to play that game, even if they've played plenty of other MP shooters. That's right, I used that "bullshit word" yet again -- because it has a meaning that applies correctly to the situation. If you don't like that, it's not my problem.

A multiplayer game should be enjoyable right away. That way, it builds a larger player base off the bat. KZ2 was not that way. KZ3 is more that way. That is a good thing -- not a bad thing.

So, no, don't "fuck accessible." Accessible, in this context, is a good thing. KZ2 was straight up annoying until you actually unlocked some classes. KZ3 is easy to get into. It's not like it's "easy to master" -- if you go against skilled players, you'll get owned. So that part of your post is a total strawman argument.

mr_nothin

Banned
RedRedSuit said:
Oh do shut the fuck up with the elitist nonsense.

Your post has nothing to do with what I was saying. It's just a random irrelevant rant.

The initial unfriendliness of Killzone 2 multiplayer has nothing to do with "the Wii crowd" or any of that elitist nonsense. The game wasn't accessible or friendly to someone starting to play that game, even if they've played plenty of other MP shooters. That's right, I used that "bullshit word" yet again -- because it has a meaning that applies correctly to the situation. If you don't like that, it's not my problem.

A multiplayer game should be enjoyable right away. That way, it builds a larger player base off the bat. KZ2 was not that way. KZ3 is more that way. That is a good thing -- not a bad thing.

So, no, don't "fuck accessible." Accessible, in this context, is a good thing. KZ2 was straight up annoying until you actually unlocked some classes. KZ3 is easy to get into. It's not like it's "easy to master" -- if you go against skilled players, you'll get owned. So that part of your post is a total strawman argument.

How is that being elitist? I'm just pointing out that I dont like the direction that the industry is heading. I'm not saying that every game should be what I want it to be and I'm not saying they shouldnt make accessible games. They have their place in the industry. I dont like them so I wont play them.

KZ2 was different, it handled differently and played differently...not every MP game needs to feel or play the same (apparently they do though). It took me about 30mins to an hour to get used to the controls. Lots of other people seem to have gotten used to the controls also.

You're acting like you're hurting my feelings by saying accessible, ha...
I dont like it but I'll get over it by either: finding OTHER games that I enjoy playing or just not playing games at all (which I've been doing lately).....or go back to the elite pc master race ;)

"Accessible" in the context of KZ3 meant lower health, lower recoil, lower respawn time, more ADS usage (they even added scopes to the shotgun), completely replacing server browsers with a matchmaking system, removing custom games, removing real clan suport, making a game seemingly catered for guerilla warefare, making the sensitivity acceleration curve a lot more linear, and making the ironsight sensitivity basically the same as aiming from the hip, etc etc....you get the idea. You can have all of that BS. I'll just sell the game. The only reason i even bought the game was because they announced the "savior patch" that seemed to fix a lot of the problems I had with the game.

Since it doesnt take that many bullets to drop someone in KZ3...I'd argue the whole "going up against skilled player" argument. It's alot more about who starts shooting first rather than who can handle the characteristics of the gun better. It should also be more about deciding whats the best thing to do in a given situation. Most of the time you cant even run away when you're getting shot because you die so fast.

mr_nothin said:
It took me about 30mins to an hour to get used to the controls. Lots of other people seem to have gotten used to the controls also.
That's awefulll. Maybe next time they can find a way to control the game with a wet towel and all movement mirrored.
Nice learning curve.

mr_nothin said:
How is that being elitist?

Your post speaks for itself. Are you kidding?

I'm just pointing out that I dont like the direction that the industry is heading. I'm not saying that every game should be what I want it to be and I'm not saying they shouldnt make accessible games. They have their place in the industry. I dont like them so I wont play them.

And that's great... but it has nothing to do with Killzone 3. Killzone 3 is a tough game in multiplayer. Just because it rewards your first few hours a bit more than KZ2 did doesn't mean it belongs in the "Wiification of the industry" conversation. It's just irrelevant.

"Accessible" in the context of KZ3 meant lower health, lower recoil, lower respawn time, more ADS usage (they even added scopes to the shotgun), completely replacing server browsers with a matchmaking system, removing custom games, removing real clan suport, making a game seemingly catered for guerilla warefare, making the sensitivity acceleration curve a lot more linear, and making the ironsight sensitivity basically the same as aiming from the hip, etc etc....you get the idea. You can have all of that BS. I'll just sell the game. The only reason i even bought the game was because they announced the "savior patch" that seemed to fix a lot of the problems I had with the game.

Now now, a lot of the things you're mentioning (e.g., lack of real clan support; lack of custom games) are simply them removing features... which was bullshit, and no one likes it, but it no way made the game more "accessible." On the other hand, the availability of simple matchmaking, lower health, lower recoil, decent controls, and letting a person pick a damn class from the beginning -- those are indeed adding accessibility; because frankly the way KZ2 played was rather a pain in the ass for most people. That doesn't make you "wrong" for disagreeing, but that's all it is, a disagreement. For most people, it's an improvement... and bringing the "Wii crowd" into this if way off-base.

Since it doesnt take that many bullets to drop someone in KZ3...I'd argue the whole "going up against skilled player" argument. It's alot more about who starts shooting first rather than who can handle the characteristics of the gun better. It should also be more about deciding whats the best thing to do in a given situation. Most of the time you cant even run away when you're getting shot because you die so fast.

This is as much nonsense applied to KZ3 as it is when applied to CoD4. In that game, it's even easier to die -- and yet there are good players, and there are bad players. If you are a bad player, you are going to do poorly. The suggestion that simpler controls make for a homogenously skilled player base is a false one. It is simply something you tell yourself to feel better about the fact that you were able to come to grips with KZ2's somewhat annoying controls, while other people just left instead. You're confusing differing preferences with superior skill. That's why it's elitism.

Besides, KZ3 still takes a reasonably hefty number of bullets to kill someone. It's no KZ2... but it's no CoD either. So that whole issue is overblown.

Top Bottom