• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

It's so much better to have melee on the circle button when you use the Move. :)

ZephyrFate said:
im not getting any DLC and I hope no one else does either until the map rotation glitch is fixed. What the fuck, GG?
Yeah, same here.

Mikey Jr.

Made an image to describe my feelings.

Xy5sg.jpg

Halcyon

see5harp said:
Why does this game always put me in rooms with one other guy on the team?
I know what you're saying. Since the last patch I've been put in blood gracht alot more as well as in rooms with either just myself or a few people. Its either nobody is playing or the changes to their code to try and prevent those unable to join games/sessions I used to get alot.

see5harp

HalcyonTB12 said:
I know what you're saying. Since the last patch I've been put in blood gracht alot more as well as in rooms with either just myself or a few people. Its either nobody is playing or the changes to their code to try and prevent those unable to join games/sessions I used to get alot.

I didn't play it much in the beta but 3 times now the first game I get put into for regular team deathmatch is one other player. I wouldn't care if the game didn't take so damn long to into and start a game.

patsu

see5harp said:
Why does this game always put me in rooms with one other guy on the team?

Happened to me once yesterday. The other guy left. I stuck around to see how high I could score alone if I won all rounds.

Occasionally, someone would come in and leave right away, sometimes they loitered for a while and left too.

The final score was only 7000+. I found out it's possible to win body count with just one guy even if there is no kills. I guess they use the number of people alive to break a tie. ^_^

X-Frame

Know what I miss the most about KZ2?

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Now Assassination lasts 9.2 seconds and is worthless. With no options to alter the length of the games in matchmaking this is impossible.

So I came in here to say GG definitely burned a bridge with this consumer. No fixes for shit 2 months after release= me not buying their next product unless they can prove to me that it will work well upon release and that they will fix their issues with netcode in a timely manner. I dont really see how they will be able to do either.

CatPee

Hmmm. Is it just me, or did 1.07 fix the map rotation for on-disc maps? Salamun Market and Blood Gracht are still fucked, though.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Mikey Jr. said:
Made an image to describe my feelings.

Xy5sg.jpg

That really kind of blows my mind. What is the point of more maps so soon after release when a lot of people haven't been able to spend a considerable amount of time with maps that shipped on the disc? I've only had one game on Kaznan Jungle!

patsu said:
Radec Academy is not as interesting some other KZ2 or 3 maps though. I agree it's very prone to spawn camping.

People have always said that but I never really understood. There's three exits, you make a kill or three and you're on your way, just like any other map. :shrug

patsu

CatPee said:
Hmmm. Is it just me, or did 1.07 fix the map rotation for on-disc maps? Salamun Market and Blood Gracht are still fucked, though.

The map rotation bug comes and goes. One week, I'd be on Salamun Market, the other week, I'd be in other maps.

patsu

Mooreberg said:
That really kind of blows my mind. What is the point of more maps so soon after release when a lot of people haven't been able to spend a considerable amount of time with maps that shipped on the disc? I've only had one game on Kaznan Jungle!

The Jungle map is only used for one game mode I think. I also only played it once but I don't like that mode. Would welcome more Warzone and Operations maps.

patsu

NEOPARADIGM said:
People have always said that but I never really understood. There's three exits, you make a kill or three and you're on your way, just like any other map. :shrug

Because it's relatively easy to sneak into the spawn area (alone or in group) and kill people. More so if someone lobe a spawn grenade nearby.

NinjaBoiX

So did GG modify ADS (for DS3 as well as Move) in patch 1.07? I always found it a little too fast (not really any slower than hip tbh), and a seperate slider for each would've been spiffy. I underdtand there is no option to modify each individually, but did they change it by default?

patsu said:
The Jungle map is only used for one game mode I think. I also only played it once but I don't like that mode. Would welcome more Warzone and Operations maps.

Yea, I like Operations the best, but there's only three maps. Can any of my fellow Marksmen let know if the sniper rifle has changed again?

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
To hell with you guys! I'm off to play Killzone 3 - and I'm going to enjoy it.

But I do agree GG should stop biting off more than they can chew.

Edit: Any word on phase 2 of the custom games patch?

casabolg

Banned
I don't get the talk about a map bug.
You search for maps and you either are put into a game of DLC maps or a game of normal maps. If you get DLC maps just jump out and search again.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I can't make topics because I dared to rationally try to see what gaming publications, online and offline, that show any sort of bias so because of that I'll post this in here. Maybe someone can make a new thread about it because I think plenty of people who are interested in playing Blurays and PS3 games in 3D would be interested.

There's a new device out called "VIP Theatre".

http://www.3d-vip.com/#!products/viewstack1=theatre-info

Basically it converts all sorts of 3D signals into compatible HDMI 1.4. And here's the kicker, not just 120hz displays, but 60hz displays as well. It's $500 so it's a bit expensive but it's getting really amazing reviews. My first thought was "30hz per eye? That's got to look bad" and while 60hz per eye looks a lot better, 30hz is actually not bad. I have a GT720 120hz 3D Ready projector so I am going to use it with that.

The device has a switch on it if you are using a 60hz display or a 120hz display. If you're at all interested in 3D I'd read up on it and especially if you have a 120hz display take a serious look at it.

Point is, it will make any display show PS3 games/movies in 3D (as well as broadcast 3D and other formats).

daffy

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I can't make topics because I dared to rationally try to see what gaming publications, online and offline, that show any sort of bias so because of that I'll post this in here.
What is being said here? Sounds interesting. I'm kind of slow..

Thunderbear

FTH said:
What is being said here? Sounds interesting. I'm kind of slow..

I gathered all the exclusives from Xbox360 and PS3, took the scores, made a chart to see if there were any major discrepancies. There wasn't, except for Edge which had scores huge in favor for Xbox360 compared to the PS3. All the other publications all showed roughly the same treatment for both consoles.

I just wanted a reasonable debate, but Gaf went nuts and I was taken away the ability to start topics.

daffy

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I gathered all the exclusives from Xbox360 and PS3, took the scores, made a chart to see if there were any major discrepancies. There wasn't, except for Edge which had scores huge in favor for Xbox360 compared to the PS3. All the other publications all showed roughly the same treatment for both consoles.

I just wanted a reasonable debate, but Gaf went nuts and I was taken away the ability to start topics.
Oh, I see! Most of GAF overreacts a good bit, seems like an interesting study too. That's unfortunate..

Thunderbear

FTH said:
Oh, I see! Most of GAF overreacts a good bit, seems like an interesting study too. That's unfortunate..

Thanks. I am very platform agnostic. I like certain development studios and platforms, but I'm not emotionally invested in them. I do find the psychology of people not being able to review a product without what they think of outside circumstances interesting. I mean it's possible that Edge truly believes that the games they reviewed weren't any good and the discrepancy is coincidental. This is a forum, I thought it'd be worth a discussion. I don't think a large portion of Gaf is mature enough for conversations like that unfortunately so it was a mistake on my part to try to bring it up.

After a year or so I think I should get my topic posting ability back :).

Edit: I have my own personal taste of course. Like I am not into the 3DS, and I have reasons for it that I'll state but I don't think the 3DS is "wrong". If people enjoy it, then good for them you know? It's just my opinion.

I love Killzone 3, but I can't stand the harsh edges (aliasing). Also disliked the ending. Other people are free to have their own opinions without it bothering me. Only ignorance, bias and judging others for their taste bothers me in this context.

casabolg said:
I don't get the talk about a map bug.
You search for maps and you either are put into a game of DLC maps or a game of normal maps. If you get DLC maps just jump out and search again.
Um... the point being that you should be able to move between DLC maps and normal maps easily.

Effect

For those that have played FPS on the Wii with the wii remote (Metroid Prime, Call of Duty, Goldeneye 007, Red Steel 2, Conduit) and enjoyed them how does the Move compare while playing Killzone 3? Does it hold up well? Are the fundamentals the same and a Wii player can just jump right into the controls or are there differences?

Top Bottom