• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

X-Frame

Tempy or Tiddles .. forgive if this has been answered already but why do you restrict maps to either GW or Warzone when they could easily be played on both?

Like why isn't Salamun Market on GW, and Blood Gracht on Warzone?

I'm not sure if the same applies to the new DLC since I haven't bought it yet, but just curious.

Dibbz

X-Frame said:
Tempy or Tiddles .. forgive if this has been answered already but why do you restrict maps to either GW or Warzone when they could easily be played on both?

Like why isn't Salamun Market on GW, and Blood Gracht on Warzone?

I'm not sure if the same applies to the new DLC since I haven't bought it yet, but just curious.
I don't think GG wanted to alter the geometry or location of key weapons eg Jetpacks and Exo's through each mode which is why there is no Corinth, Salamun or Turbine in GW.

Blood Gracht and Kaznan are not in Warzone because they are too small. Don't say Blood Gracht works because it just doesn't as a Warzone map.

1.08 is out and it's way better now that the maps rotate through all of them. So good to see Salamun in the vote list :D

BTW if some of you guys are down for getting together online count me in. I think we should create a new clan or something though to stick together with.

mr_nothin

Banned
Tempy said:
Utterly false. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother with DLC maps after the game is done. No DLC maps and people will complain about there not being enough maps; Yes DLC maps and people will claim they were already done and should've been included on the disc. Even the first map pack that was available day one was not something that was done on time when the disc was finalized - otherwise it would've just been on the disc and the dlc merely being an unlock code. People are still working now on maps, but some of you will still somehow think they were done ages ago.
It's all about timing. You cant release DLC Day 1 and expect ppl to pay for it w/o complaining or asking WTF (even if it's free if you pre-order). Then right after that, you release 2 more maps only a few weeks after launch. It doesnt help that there's a bug in the 1st DLC that has JUST now been fixed (after 2 DLC packs have been released). To the public, it looks like your priorities are fucked up. The Day 1 DLC should have been free for everyone if it only took you guys a few extra weeks to finish those maps...especially since it sounds like GG wanted to include those on the disc anyways but just simply ran out of time.

Most people wont think the maps were done ages ago if you wait at LEAST 1 1/2 months after launching the game(and even then it's kind of pushing it).

mr_nothin said:
It's all about timing. You cant release DLC Day 1 and expect ppl to pay for it w/o complaining or asking WTF (even if it's free if you pre-order). Then right after that, you release 2 more maps only a few weeks after launch. It doesnt help that there's a bug in the 1st DLC that has JUST now been fixed (after 2 DLC packs have been released). To the public, it looks like your priorities are fucked up. The Day 1 DLC should have been free for everyone if it only took you guys a few extra weeks to finish those maps...especially since it sounds like GG wanted to include those on the disc anyways but just simply ran out of time.

Most people wont think the maps were done ages ago if you wait at LEAST 1 1/2 months after launching the game(and even then it's kind of pushing it).

wait, are complaining it takes them too little time to make DLC/new maps? :/

Dibbz

mr_nothin said:

Maps were released April 6th EU April 12th US
KZ3 released February 25th EU February 22nd US

That is 1 month and a bit between the release of the first real DLC Map Pack.

I do agree that the Retro Pack should have come with the vanilla KZ3 though in some code packed with the game.

Halcyon

Dibbz said:
I don't think GG wanted to alter the geometry or location of key weapons eg Jetpacks and Exo's through each mode which is why there is no Corinth, Salamun or Turbine in GW.

Blood Gracht and Kaznan are not in Warzone because they are too small. Don't say Blood Gracht works because it just doesn't as a Warzone map.

1.08 is out and it's way better now that the maps rotate through all of them. So good to see Salamun in the vote list :D

BTW if some of you guys are down for getting together online count me in. I think we should create a new clan or something though to stick together with.
I try to play at some point every day and feel im a pretty decent move player but I have no online friends nor mic, but would be down to join up. Psn name is same as this.

Tempy said:
Utterly false. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother with DLC maps after the game is done. No DLC maps and people will complain about there not being enough maps; Yes DLC maps and people will claim they were already done and should've been included on the disc. Even the first map pack that was available day one was not something that was done on time when the disc was finalized - otherwise it would've just been on the disc and the dlc merely being an unlock code. People are still working now on maps, but some of you will still somehow think they were done ages ago.

I like the DLC maps.

Don't let the negativity get you down, keep them maps coming.

Dibbz

The community thread is dead. I'd recommend using this one for now. If we could get some sort of weekly game going on that would be fun. Where are you guys located? I'm UK.

Massa

With PSN down I'm almost finished with my Elite run.

This is playthrough number 4. This game is so satisfying to play.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm playing coop with my brosef, and the Helghast "boardroom" cutscenes have been awesome. People didn't like that??

edit: PS. The jungle level was fucking cool. It was probably more fun because of the coop. We were each calling out targets and pulling off headshots at the same time to sneak through it.

Biggzy

Could anyone so kindly give me some advice over wherever i should buy this game? I keep hearing negative things about this game, this along with me not knowing next to no one with a ps3 is stopping me from getting this game. So i would like to know wherever the community is still going strong and wherever the multi is up to scratch, thanks.

Massa

Biggzy said:
Could anyone so kindly give me some advice over wherever i should buy this game? I keep hearing negative things about this game, this along with me not knowing next to no one with a ps3 is stopping me from getting this game. So i would like to know wherever the community is still going strong and wherever the multi is up to scratch, thanks.

The community is pretty much dead at this point.
As is the rest of PSN.

The game is easily one of the best multiplayer shooters you'll find on PS3, I highly recommend it.

Biggzy

:( Sad to hear that the community is dead, its only been out for 2 months as well. Oh well thanks for the advice might wait till brink comes out and see if that could scratch my multi player itch.

FireCloud

Massa said:
The community is pretty much dead at this point.
As is the rest of PSN.

The game is easily one of the best multiplayer shooters you'll find on PS3, I highly recommend it.

Massa ... was your comment about being dead just because PSN is down or has was the KZ3 community dwindling before the outtage?

Massa

Biggzy said:
:( Sad to hear that the community is dead, its only been out for 2 months as well. Oh well thanks for the advice might wait till brink comes out and see if that could scratch my multi player itch.

I guess you missed my joke there. :(

The game is dead because PSN is dead. You can't play anything multiplayer on the PS3 right now. I'm sure things will pick up again once it comes back live, there's a health community playing KZ3 and I usually have no trouble finding matches on any map or game mode.

Edit:
FireCloud said:
Massa ... was your comment about being dead just because PSN is down or has was the KZ3 community dwindling before the outtage?

It's just the PSN outage. Before it happened I was playing the DLC maps exclusively for a week or so and even then had no trouble finding games to play.

Biggzy

Massa said:

The game is dead because PSN is dead. You can't play anything multiplayer on the PS3 right now. I'm sure things will pick up again once it comes back live, there's a health community playing KZ3 and I usually have no trouble finding matches on any map or game mode.

Edit:

It's just the PSN outage. Before it happened I was playing the DLC maps exclusively for a week or so and even then had no trouble finding games to play.

Lol obviously the joke flew right over my head there. Alright then the game is back on my shopping list now.

Massa said:

Edit:

I was gonna say.....I was ready to get some good leveling in multi this weekend till this psn hacker crap. I think the community will do just find just like killzone 2. Its just a different community now with new kz3 players.

Facism

Biggzy said:

Massa was being an arse :p. The community is fine. If you can find the game cheap 2nd hand go for it, you'll get some solid playtime out of it. Whilst the game certainly feels rushed and missing things here and there, the gameplay is top of the line. You might even like the multiplayer.

Massa said:
Was reading the thread about patch 1.08 and there's some interesting comments from GG there:

Q: Are you guys ever going to introduce some kind of visual or audible confirmation of triage taking effect? also what about downed players being able to see if a medic is about?

A: Yes, we are getting indicators for Medics and distance to Medics while wounded on ground again.
Their support for this game has been absolutely fantastic. I've loved it since the open beta and it just keeps getting better and better.

honestly, that should have been in the game at launch. Pretty sad that it takes 2 months after the game release to get these features. just goes to show how rushed this game is

Thrakier

The snow section with the jetpack and the now fixed move controls @elite are maybe the best shooter experience I've ever had. Despite all those little problems and the rough edges, this is a highly competent shooter.

BeeDog

Thrakier said:
The snow section with the jetpack and the now fixed move controls @elite are maybe the best shooter experience I've ever had. Despite all those little problems and the rough edges, this is a highly competent shooter.

Wait, the latest patch actually fixed the jetpack controls as promised? Completely forgot about it. Maybe I'll replay the campaign with Move for once, now that PSN went belly up.

patsu

fuzzyreactor said:
honestly, that should have been in the game at launch. Pretty sad that it takes 2 months after the game release to get these features. just goes to show how rushed this game is

KZ3 has new features not found in KZ2 or other games though (e.g., one of the best Move integration, co-op, impressive visuals with variety, botzone, etc.). They most definitely would benefit from more dev time, but what they have today is already hard to achieve.

While I appreciate this change, the community has already learned to wait for Medic compared to launch time. So it's not so critical anymore. The match making and custom game should take priority IMHO.

Thrakier

patsu said:
KZ3 has new features not found in KZ2 or other games though (e.g., one of the best Move integration, co-op, impressive visuals with variety, botzone, etc.). They most definitely would benefit from more dev time, but what they have today is already hard to achieve.

While I appreciate this change, the community has already learned to wait for Medic compared to launch time. So it's not so critical anymore. The match making and custom game should take priority IMHO.

Don't forget the slide into cover mechanics! Lolololoooove that.

Dibbz

Thrakier said:
Argh must go through on elite. Been meaning to do it but with PSN down I got an excuse to get through it. That Jetpack section was so bad with Move. If it's like what online has been then it should be awesome.

Dibbz said:
Argh must go through on elite. Been meaning to do it but with PSN down I got an excuse to get through it. That Jetpack section was so bad with Move. If it's like what online has been then it should be awesome.

Elite is pretty easy, don't worry.

Just started playing. Had the game unopened for months.

Giving it a go first in 3D mode, frigging amazing.

The Crosstalk in the game through is aweful, probably the worst ive seen in a ps3 game. Is this a game or technilogical issue? Mortal Kombat in 3D has no crosstalk that I can see.

Thrakier

Dibbz said:

It's like that now. Totally awesome and tons of fun. You feel like a super badass. :) and the graphics on the snow stage...just wow. Far and beyond everything else on consoles.

Lince

Banned
I know this game is dead and whatever but I'm still the clan leader for this so for the new "recruits" just a heads up if you want to join the GAF KZ3 Clan and play some games with the 2-3 guys that were playing with me before the PSNgate debacle just shoot me a PM here. PSN is Lince_SPAIN btw.

We started strong, 150+ people, after a couple of weeks I noticed only 15 guys were actually playing the game so I decided to "clean the house" and deleted all inactive members (since navigating the clan member list is a pain with 100+ inactive players there when you're trying to make a squad). I still believe I should have deleted some more guys, last couple of weeks before PSN went down only Pwonager and me were playing, with this odd guy joining us from time to time. Shame on you GAF.

What do I think about this game (multiplayer)? fun game, a shadow of what KZ2 was but still fun when played with the right team mates and communicating. Host advantage is horrendous though, I have logged 230+ hours and most of them have been spent playing in US hosts from Europe, painful is an appropriate word to define the experience.

Question, was anyone able to try 1.08 before PSN went offline? any improvements apart from the map rotation fix?

Halcyon

I don't have a mic, but whenever psn comes up id like to join a clan. I am a move player/medic and would like to get into some good team matches.

Was jonesing to play this last week. Hope the PSN is back up soon. Really want to get into the multiplayer. I'm down for joining up with some of you guys and playing. I'm big into communication and working together as a team. My PSN handle is MoneyLaunderer.

Lince

Banned
MoneyLaunderer said:
Was jonesing to play this last week. Hope the PSN is back up soon. Really want to get into the multiplayer. I'm down for joining up with some of you guys and playing. I'm big into communication and working together as a team. My PSN handle is MoneyLaunderer.
HalcyonTB12 said:
I don't have a mic, but whenever psn comes up id like to join a clan. I am a move player/medic and would like to get into some good team matches.

Perfect, I'm a Move player too (Tactician), 17k kills, 9k deaths, 5k assists, 1.76 KDR... average stats but I always play for the team EXCEPT when our team mates are beyond stupid and we have no option but to stay back and relax and just wait for some actually skilled team mates to join, or at least players who know what KZ Warzone is all about, one of my last games was full of medics reviving each other in an epic Medics-circle-jerk-of-reviving dance. I almost choked from the laughter.

As I said I already logged 230+ hours (I was in the top 100 for a while) but I don't think I will be getting anywhere as close to the 750+ hours I logged with FFO and other Killzone legends in Killzone 2. We still play that game from time to time heh.

well so just PM me or send me a PSN msg whenever the network is back online. Let's have some fun! come on guys let's give this game another chance, FFO? Seph? Dave? Cagen? Joeinnit? Pwon? Tiger? Ryan?.... AJ? well I guess we can keep AJ aside :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lince said:
well so just PM me or send me a PSN msg whenever the network is back online. Let's have some fun! come on guys let's give this game another chance, FFO? Seph? Dave? Cagen? Joeinnit? Pwon? Tiger? Ryan?.... AJ? well I guess we can keep AJ aside :p

did they fix the lack of fun?

Lince

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
did they fix the lack of fun?

good question

well my longest killstreak is 41 and I can't remember when or how I got that when they should have been the most exciting online gaming minutes of the year... now seriously, the fun is finding the right team mates and playing the game for what is worth without letting the memories of KZ2 or other games mess with your attitude.

I've had plenty of really fun games with pwonager, FFO, Rick and some other guys just playing to win and taking it seriously. KZ3 doesn't "work" if you have a negative attitude from the very start of the first game.

just please don't make me start talking and comparing KZ2 to KZ3. If you ask me I believe Sebastian Downie took all our complaints from KZ2 and used them as the foundations to build KZ3 mp around. He basically thought "if the hardcores don't want these the casuals are going to love them". Who cares, nothing is "fixing the lack of fun", either you adapt to the new mechanics or simply you're better off playing another game.

I'm really digging the Gears of War 3 beta btw.

Acrylic7

I wonder if the psn outage has killed the Kz3 community. The only reason I held onto kz3 is because of the thought that Guerrilla would fix it with patches and make it actually fun.

Jburton

Banned
Killzone 3 is a quality online shooter, some maps are bad granted ... but every online shooter has some bad maps.

The gun play is excellent and the action gets frantic and strategy is required to play well on objective based game types.

Will certainly pop back on for more once PSN goes up.

Lince

Banned
Acrylic7 said:
I wonder if the psn outage has killed the Kz3 community. The only reason I held onto kz3 is because of the thought that Guerrilla would fix it with patches and make it actually fun.

Guerrilla already stated that they would only be fixing glitches and bugs, the only main feature added is the possibility to create and play custom (but private) games. Apart from that nothing will change regarding the gameplay / classes balancing / weapons tweaks / recoil & health / loadouts tweaks... all of that is set in stone forever.

beast786 said:
@lince please count me in i will be there once the PSN gets back. We moved so was out of PS3.

no problem beast, I'm sure we'll be 4-5 "Killzoners" every night or more depending if these new members decide to join us. A full GAF squad is always fun regardless of the game.

how are the two new maps? i joined the gaf clan when the game launched, and had a ton of fun, but ended up having some personal issues and had to move to a place with no internet. i miss it a whole bunch. kz3 online is a great game, i dont care what anyone says. looking to get back online in a week or two and get the new maps....

Massa

Acrylic7 said:

Please just sell it. The game is super fun already, thankfully it's not changing*.

* unless what you're holding on to is the possibility of playing 2 hour custom unranked games.

boredofcanada said:
how are the two new maps? i joined the gaf clan when the game launched, and had a ton of fun, but ended up having some personal issues and had to move to a place with no internet. i miss it a whole bunch. kz3 online is a great game, i dont care what anyone says. looking to get back online in a week or two and get the new maps....

Stahl Arms is one of the best maps in the game. I didn't get to play a lot of Junkyard.

Lince

Banned
boredofcanada said:

honestly they're the best two maps in the game along with Salamun Market, specially Stahl Arms is a very good map to play Warzone on, I had plenty of "down to the wire" games there before PSN went down. The other map (Junkyard) is graphically amazing and very thrilling when you engage an EXO flying with a friend in a formation of jetpacks, very entertaining.

LEGGZZZZ

I just want them to improve the matchmaking like they said they would. Hopefully removing the map glitch will help with matchmaking making it easier to fill rooms.

Top Bottom