• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Forgot how nice medic indicators are... Being a medic is alot more fun now like old KZ2 days.

Is there a regular GAF play day? I know I'm a damn good medic and want an excuse to play more

patsu

Nope but there is a GAF XMB chat room. A few of us who play frequent the room. If you send a friends request to me, I'll send you the chatroom link. You can delete me from the friends list after that. You can also pass the chatroom to other Gaffers.

patsu said:
Nope but there is a GAF XMB chat room. A few of us who play frequent the room. If you send a friends request to me, I'll send you the chatroom link. You can delete me from the friends list after that. You can also pass the chatroom to other Gaffers.
Whats ur PSN ID?

I was thinking about finally picking this bad boy up, can anyone report on how online is? I've seen some comments on other forums about it being dead but then people say it's just a matchmaking issue that makes it seem that way...verdict?

denomes

jonnybryce said:
I was thinking about finally picking this bad boy up, can anyone report on how online is? I've seen some comments on other forums about it being dead but then people say it's just a matchmaking issue that makes it seem that way...verdict?

Definitely not dead and the multiplayer is great fun, IMO.

Massa

New patch is out today.

Patch 1.10 is here! This version introduces a large number of fixes and new features based on your feedback. Please consult the patch list below to see what's changed. Patch 1.10 will be released today for SCEE and SCEA territories, with SCEJ following soon.
NEW FEATURES

Custom Games, Part 2. Additional information can be found at the bottom of the article, but it will include: choosing abilities, weapons and careers, as well as toggling functionality such as ribbons, skills and explosives.

Squad Only Chat. This is still an experimental feature and may not always function as expected.

Playing Audio/Music from your PS3 during MP games.

Marksman Improvements:
Cloak rippling effect has been increased.
Cloak now ripples with increased intensity when firing non silenced weapons.
Transition from uncloaked to cloaked has been extended.
A cloak fade transition between moving and not-moving has been introduced (player no longer snaps out of view).

Distance Indicator for off-screen medics.

Matchmaking. We will now make players switch faction automatically at the end of a round if teams are unbalanced. Note that this will only affect players that are not in a squad or that have sent an invite to create a squad, and that it will not happen at all in Clan games or Custom Games.

You can now only submit another grief report for the same person if at least 7 minutes have elapsed since the previous one.

BUG FIXES

Single Player Campaign
Icy Incursion/Providence Bay: Cutscene between last two sections has overlapping audio.

Botzone
Stahl Arms: Fixed Helghast Bots running into the ISA basecamp to get killed by base turrets.

User Interface
Silent Footsteps icon skill now displays properly.
Updated invitation messages for squad invites.
Clans: Tournament boards for ‘All Time’ now update properly.
Player's PSN ID is shown in the lobby instead of the PS3 console's user name.
Fixed the Statistics screen – progression bars update properly now.
Implemented a minimum match count (15 matches) for Clans to enter the Leaderboard.

Multiplayer
Improved performance on Salamun Market.
Fixed an issue where a squad invite would send players to the wrong squad.
Clans: Fixed a crash upon entering a clan match and immediately quitting the match.
When entitled to the "3 unlock points" bonus multiple times you'll now receive all those unlock points at once instead of only 3 each time you log in.
Exoskeletons no longer look broken after repairing them and getting in.
Some audio fixes for Brutal Melee.
Fixed several graphical glitches.
Fixed several collision issues and spots where players were able to escape the bounds of the map – in Kaznan Jungle, Pyrrhus Crater, Akmir Snowdrift, Bilgarsk Boulevard, MAWLR Graveyard and Bloodgracht.
Akmir Snowdrift: Fixed issues where ISA members were able to reach the Helghast basecamp and also reach the second objective area, during the first round of Operations.
MAWLR Graveyard: Fixed an issue where ISA sentry drones would crash en route to the spawn location.
Stahl Arms: Altered the boundaries for the western capture point to make them more realistic.
The Junkyard: Fixed a couple of ammo crates that were unreachable from certain sides.
Frozen Dam: Fixed the issue of ISA players being able to deliver the speaker through the floor by jumping on top of an ammo crate.

CUSTOM GAMES DESCRIPTION

Missions
Warzone Mission Timers can now be altered. Added times varying from 4 to 60 minutes for missions.
Guerrilla Warfare received additional options to the Kill Count: 10, 25, 75, 100 and 200 kills.
Scavenge and Retrieve were removed from the Warzone game mode list, as it is not playable in Warzone.

Unlocks
This is a new field where you can choose options for Unlocks. The three options are:
As Unlocked (Default): This will take the career unlocks you've earned online and give you access to them in the custom games.
Lock All: Nothing is unlocked, simulating what a player would see if they started the game at Rank 1 with no unlock points.
Unlock All: Everything is unlocked, as it is in Botzone.
Custom Unlocks: Configure Unlocks the way you want them.

Careers
By default all careers are ‘ON’. You can turn every career ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ that, but one career must be selectable at all times.

Settings
Other game settings can be configures here. Options available to you are:
Primary Weapons: Choose between All Weapons/Only Rank 1 Weapons/Rank 1 & 2 Weapons.
Secondary Weapons: Choose between All Weapons/Only Rank 1 Weapons/Rank 1 & 2 Weapons. Please note that this will be grayed out if 'Lock All' is selected under Career Unlocks.
Primary Abilities: Choose between All Abilities/Only Rank 1 Abilities/Rank 1 & 2 Abilities.
Secondary Abilities: Choose between All Abilities/Only Rank 1 Abilities/Rank 1 & 2 Abilities. Please note that this will be grayed out if 'Lock All' is selected under Career Unlocks.
Explosives: Choose between All Explosives/Grenades Only /Prox. Mines Only/None.
Friendly Fire: Choose ON or OFF.
Skills: Choose ON or OFF.
Ribbons: Choose ON or OFF.
Melee: Choose ON or OFF. This can turn off all forms of Melee, including Brutal Melee and Rifle Butts.

Enhanced Mission Settings
Each mission mode in Warzone has an additional setting to configure:
Assassination – Survive Time: This will add 2, 3, 4 and 5 minutes.
Search and Retrieve – Speaker Returns: This will allow for additional or less returns (1, 2, 4 and 5 returns).
Search and Destroy – Diffuse-Place Explosive Time: This will allow for a modifier to adjust the time (half time, double time, triple time).
Bodycount – Kill Count in Warzone: This will allow for additional kills (50, 75, 100 or 200).
Capture and Hold – Capture Points: This will allow for more or less points needed to win.

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-06-15_patch-110.html

T-0800

Went to play this online for the first time in a couple of months the other day. Selected G/Warfare and was put in a match with.....just me. I was sad. Love playing this with the Move. How's the online community? Better than what I experienced I hope.

Massa

T-0800 said:
Went to play this online for the first time in a couple of months the other day. Selected G/Warfare and was put in a match with.....just me. I was sad. Love playing this with the Move. How's the online community? Better than what I experienced I hope.

The matchmaking system will do that sometimes, just quit the game and join another one. I'm playing KZ3 every day and other than the occasional glitch like the above I have no problems finding full games with all three game modes.

-Winnie-

So custom soundtracks doesn't actually seem to work. I can select the music but it says it can't be played currently and will begin shortly. 3 MP games later... nothing. :/

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Not splitting squads is still going to result in some weird lopsided matches in terms of player counts, but that patch is a step in the right direction.

patsu

Yes, round-by-round team balancing is my most demanded change.

Custom game looks more full featured now, but if it's closed... I doubt many people will use it. Perhaps for clan challange only ?

Dibbz

-Winnie- said:
So custom soundtracks doesn't actually seem to work. I can select the music but it says it can't be played currently and will begin shortly. 3 MP games later... nothing. :/
You have to turn it on in the options. Should be under the audio settings. Turning it on though does turn off voice coms. Will post back with my thoughts on the patch after a few games.

Cornbread78

pretty much too little too late for me, my clan dropped this game almost immediately because of the MP changes to the Clan and Tourny system... pretty sad. I played almost 400 hours of KZ2 MP...

Just came back to the game, and multiplayer is still really fun. I really only played cod ( and cs back in the day), but I prefer this to any cod multiplayer.

This is kind of ot, but is Socom 4 worth a look?

Yopis

Do you guys think this game is worth a look if your never going to touch move? Had a fun time with the second game but is it an disadvantage using DS3 in mp.

-Winnie-

Dibbz said:
You have to turn it on in the options. Should be under the audio settings. Turning it on though does turn off voice coms. Will post back with my thoughts on the patch after a few games.

Ah thanks, I'll try it again later. Did it work this way in KZ2? Pretty sure I got custom soundtracks running without tweaking anything back in the day.

patsu

Yopis said:
Do you guys think this game is worth a look if your never going to touch move? Had a fun time with the second game but is it an disadvantage using DS3 in mp.

I play with DS3 even though I have Move. Don't feel under-powered at the moment ^_^

Massa

patsu said:
I play with DS3 even though I have Move. Don't feel under-powered at the moment ^_^

Same here. :)

canadian crowe said:
Just came back to the game, and multiplayer is still really fun. I really only played cod ( and cs back in the day), but I prefer this to any cod multiplayer.

This is kind of ot, but is Socom 4 worth a look?

SOCOM 4 is a great game. It's not for everybody though.

There's a MAG demo on the Playstation Store that allows you to play it with the only limit being that you can't level up past level 8. It's not exactly SOCOM 4, but it's the closest thing available that you can try for free.

Massa

New map pack officially announced. 4 maps for $4.99. There's also a bundle with all three map packs (8 new maps) for $9.99, basically buy 2 get the third one free.

Trailers

The announcement is weird in that it only talks about the two new maps, and doesn't mention the other two (which we know are Radec and Tharsis from KZ2). They do confirm it's two new GW and two new Warzone maps, however.

Patch 1.10 sounds great for one reason to me...

"Distance Indicator for off-screen medics."

I wanted that exact thing. The fact that there was an indicator at all in the last patch made the medic better, and this is just going to improve it. So glad cause I only use the medic in this game.

Massa said:
New map pack officially announced. 4 maps for $4.99. There's also a bundle with all three map packs (8 new maps) for $9.99, basically buy 2 get the third one free.

Trailers
Nice! The new maps look really good. I'll probably be done with inFamous 2 by Tuesday, so this will be great to have when I return to Killzone 3. :)

lucius

So I just started playing this with Move(no gun) and I am suprised how much I like it playing it this way. Takes only about 10 minutes to get used to it but works great.

Bollocks

Mappack looks good, especially Lente Missile Base.
Never played Black Ops but I think there is a similar map, with launching missiles etc ?!

Dibbz

Oh fuck those maps look great. I guess this confirms that Radec is Warzone and Tharsis is GW.

Nice to see a kind of jungle environment as a warzone map. The missile silo looks pretty cool too.

Dibbz

My impressions from patch 1.10 are pretty good. Teams now auto balance at the start of games so most games start of pretty fair. The only problem I have right now but it's been like this for a while is, I get teamed up with crap players. It's as if the game thinks I'm enough to help the crap players beat clans and other guys on the other team. The matchmaking needs to be balanced out, although it's probably due to my rank this happens so it could be different for others who might benefit from the matchmaking. It's just really annoying that I get teamed up with retards whilst the other team are completely destroying us.

patsu

Bollocks said:
Mappack looks good, especially Lente Missile Base.
Never played Black Ops but I think there is a similar map, with launching missiles etc ?!

Yap, what about the remaining 2 ? Are they Radec Academy and Tharsis Depot as rumored ?

Dibbz

patsu said:
Yap, what about the remaining 2 ? Are they Radec Academy and Tharsis Depot as rumored ?
It wasn't a rumor they are both listed in the trophies that came with the new patch. $ maps for £4 is a good deal and the 3 maps packs for £8 is even better but it's a shame I already have the retro map pack or else I would buy that bundle.

I'm gonna hold off to see if they put it in PS+ with some discount on before I go ahead and buy both Steel Rain and From Ashes. 6 new maps next week. Can't wait.

BeeDog

Damn, the new maps (especially the missile base) look great. Despite me playing some KZ3 MP yesterday, I'm still amazed at how good the game still looks.

Dibbz

Just teamed up with some awesome guys and got in a squad with them. We totally destroyed the opposition. I guess this is a way to get my own back from the constant teaming up with little kids who don't have a clue how to play.

MD128 you post on here right? Don't think I know your gaf username though.

Recorded some highlights from todays games. Don't worry they're pretty short.

One of the fastest assassination's I've done
Defending bomb plants with a crazy multikill
Awesome Teamwork in Search and Retrieve

kz3_grenade_pistolu7yf.gif

-Winnie-

lucius said:
So I just started playing this with Move(no gun) and I am suprised how much I like it playing it this way. Takes only about 10 minutes to get used to it but works great.

Seriously, I love Move with this game. Was so happy when Ken Levine announced Move in Bioshock Infinite, more games need to support it!

meppi

Well I finally ordered the game for €22 after canceling all the pre-orders I had going after the terrible beta.

Not expecting anything on the level of KZ2MP, but at least it'll be a bit of mindless fun (and probably frustration) when BC2 gets too annoying.

patsu

Argh, my friends list is full. Waiting for Rick808 to reply. Then, I will process your invite Yopis. Or Dibbz, could you send Yopis a chatroom invite ?

lucius

-Winnie- said:
Seriously, I love Move with this game. Was so happy when Ken Levine announced Move in Bioshock Infinite, more games need to support it!

Yeah can see Bioshock working well with it, can't wait.

patsu

Dibbz said:
Just teamed up with some awesome guys and got in a squad with them. We totally destroyed the opposition. I guess this is a way to get my own back from the constant teaming up with little kids who don't have a clue how to play.

MD128 you post on here right? Don't think I know your gaf username though.

Recorded some highlights from todays games. Don't worry they're pretty short.

One of the fastest assassination's I've done
Defending bomb plants with a crazy multikill
Awesome Teamwork in Search and Retrieve

kz3_grenade_pistolu7yf.gif

Nice captures ! The multi-kills one is amazing.

Are the opposing team out-numbered in the SnR mission ? I noticed you showed yourself at some high risk location, but weren't headshot by snipers. ^_^

Dibbz

patsu said:
Nice captures ! The multi-kills one is amazing.

Are the opposing team out-numbered in the SnR mission ? I noticed you showed yourself at some high risk location, but weren't headshot by snipers. ^_^
We probably did have more players although I can't be sure as I didn't check. The game did start off even but we just steamrolled them so people may have quit.

There were a couple snipers running around but it looked like most of the team was trying to recapture their TSP in the alley rather than trying to stop us getting the speaker. We controlled the middle for most of the game but yeah your right usually it's easy to get picked off by snipers out there although the debris and big scrap metal in the middle are great to use for cover.

patsu

Dibbz said:
We probably did have more players although I can't be sure as I didn't check. The game did start off even but we just steamrolled them so people may have quit.

There were a couple snipers running around but it looked like most of the team was trying to recapture their TSP in the alley rather than trying to stop us getting the speaker. We controlled the middle for most of the game but yeah your right usually it's easy to get picked off by snipers out there although the debris and big scrap metal in the middle are great to use for cover.

Yeah, the middle lane is risky but shielded by obstacles. The lookout point on the second floor of Helghast's SnD defense objective is definitely high risk. But since you captured their TSP, their snipers couldn't camp straight down the alley. So you were safe.

Top Bottom