• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Lince

Banned
RyanardoDaVinci said:
I hate how Guerrilla splits the maps into Warzone/Deathmatch.

Warzone is what makes Killzone. All maps should be made for Warzone.

and Guerrilla Warfare (Deathmatch) is what makes CoD and the rest of the games trying to copy it... it's only logical with the new direction they took with the game to make a lot of maps 'deathmatch' only, a shame, I think I only played Guerrilla Warfare once or twice to get the trophies and never touched them again, even if the best looking map of the game (Junkyard) is there.

Dibbz

RyanardoDaVinci said:
I hate how Guerrilla splits the maps into Warzone/Deathmatch.

Warzone is what makes Killzone. All maps should be made for Warzone.
lol you should check out the official KZ forums. People complaining that Radec is only Warzone and they want to play bodycount for like hours at a time.

I can see why Tharsis is GW only since it's a really really small map but I do agree that the new maps they make should have both GW and Warzone. Oh well 2 new warzone and 2 new GW maps is a great addition to KZ3.

patsu

Thrakier said:
Wow. Who'll come backe for that mappack? It looks great. BUt I won't buy it if the KZ3 community is already split too much and you never play those new maps.

I bought all the DLC maps. They are all played rather frequently.

patsu

TacticalFox88 said:
This is a case of "Too little, too late" *sigh* This franchise had such amazing potential.

Ha ha, it may have pissed off hardcore KZ2 fans, but I have played this game with many people to-date. Got a few PMs to join the GAF chatroom too. Dibbz if you could send the chatroom invite to Yopis, it would be great. I have 2 more to handle but only one slot left to process the invite one at a time.

Dibbz

OK Patsu I sent him a friend invite.

Yeah Facism it was a fun map with lower player counts. I'd like the option to be able to select 12 or 16 player warzone matches in matchmaking. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by 24 players but then there are occasions where having a lot of players fill up the map is just crazy fun.

I think it's bullshit that they give so many old maps a visual overhaul and add some of the new features like the jet packs and expect people to pay for them.

Some content is better than none, but really, customers should be able to take for granted new and balanced maps, that can be played for a very long time without getting tiresome.

mr_nothin

Banned
patsu said:
Ha ha, it may have pissed off hardcore KZ2 fans, but I have played this game with many people to-date. Got a few PMs to join the GAF chatroom too. Dibbz if you could send the chatroom invite to Yopis, it would be great. I have 2 more to handle but only one slot left to process the invite one at a time.
Good God
You're like this game's white knight. Any/every time someone says anything about the game....patsu is there on just about every page talking about how KZ3 pissed off KZ2 hardcore fans.

Massa

mr_nothin said:
Good God
You're like this game's white knight. Any/every time someone says anything about the game....patsu is there on just about every page talking about how KZ3 pissed off KZ2 hardcore fans.

And you have done nothing but complain about the game.

So they took Radec, completely trashed the whole level, threw in a bunch of annoying debris all over the place, and applied KZ3's nasty orange filter over it all. Why am I not surprised.

Doesn't look like they butchered Tharsis, but I can't recognize the level for some reason.

alterno69

Banned
Killzone 3 has the most terrible maps of all the online shooters currently relevant. It's corridor + corridor+ small arena + corridor + corridor + big arena connected trhough more corridors.

Clusterfuck.

alterno69 said:
Killzone 3 has the most terrible maps of all the online shooters currently relevant. It's corridor + corridor+ small arena + corridor + corridor + big arena connected trhough more corridors.

Clusterfuck.

agreed but it still has my favorite form of FPS gameplay out of them all... Halo CoD... anything else dosn't do shit for me. Ever since Timesplitters became extinct this is now the only FPS franchise I give a shit about.

been playing this alot more. Spent a good 2 hours having fun last night in warzone. Had a shitty medic run but enjoying it. I might switch back to engineer sometime since I kinda miss it.

still biggest complaint about this game is that you can't save your custom loadouts for each class... really makes me want to switch my classes alot less.

patsu

mr_nothin said:
Good God

Errr... I don't think I reply any/every time someone say "anything" about the game. Isn't it True(TM) that the game made some KZ2 fans angry ?

mr_nothin said:
Good God

And you are the exact same way just in favor of a different game.

patsu

alterno69 said:

Clusterfuck.

Stahl's Arm, Salamun Market, Frozen Dam, Corinth Highway, etc. are not like that. There is now a better mix of maps. The jetpacks can be annoying, the Mecha can be disrupting, but the gunplay and special abilities kept things interesting.

The biggest flaw was the unbalanced teams. Will see if the new team rebalance feature address it adequately.

patsu said:
Stahl's Arm, Salamun Market, Frozen Dam, Corinth Highway, etc. are not like that. There is now a better mix of maps. The jetpacks can be annoying, the Mecha can be disrupting, but the gunplay and special abilities kept things interesting.

The biggest flaw was the unbalanced teams. Will see if the new team rebalance feature address it adequately.

No kidding. The game auto-balanced the teams to make it 6 against one today. Unfortunately, I was playing against the 6 other people.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
This game rocks. I started the campaign and it blows KZ2 out of the water. The plot is good so far, gameplay is tight, cutscenes are wonderful.

And graphics are sight to behold. I just finished The Witcher 2 and the only thing that bothers me is 720p.

subversus said:
This game rocks. I started the campaign and it blows KZ2 out of the water. The plot is good so far, gameplay is tight, cutscenes are wonderful.

And graphics are sight to behold. I just finished The Witcher 2 and the only thing that bothers me is 720p.
As odd as it sounds, i think that the fact it's 720 makes it look better.

madmackem

Giriath_89 said:
I think it's bullshit that they give so many old maps a visual overhaul and add some of the new features like the jet packs and expect people to pay for them.

Some content is better than none, but really, customers should be able to take for granted new and balanced maps, that can be played for a very long time without getting tiresome.

The price point for kz3 maps is great though, it really is pretty cheap when this next pack hits i will have had three map packs for less than the price of one cod map pack.

subversus

I just finished the jungle level. SO GOOD. I liked stealth sections and assault at the end. Also they really amped writing, I enjoyed how Sev provoked higs in the plane.

T-0800

DLC maps should be made free after a period of time so that they don't kill the community. Find different ways to generate income. New skins for example.

Love the look of Radec Academy now.

Why are some maps not selectable in botzone?

madmackem

T-0800 said:
DLC maps should be made free after a period of time so that they don't kill the community. Find different ways to generate income. New skins for example.

It worked in uc2 i guess, the skin packs must have sold well as i know me and my friends bought all of them. Im not sure skins is something you can really sell in an fps though seeing as you dont see your own player. I agree though after a while maps should be made free. On the other hand i think gg has priced there map packs pretty well when you compair them to others.

CatPee

madmackem said:
It worked in uc2 i guess, the skin packs must have sold well as i know me and my friends bought all of them. Im not sure skins is something you can really sell in an fps though seeing as you dont see your own player. I agree though after a while maps should be made free. On the other hand i think gg has priced there map packs pretty well when you compair them to others.

I could see it working real well in an FPS. It wouldn't be about seeing yourself in the new skin, but rather the other players being oh-so-envious of your shiny new skin. Look at how well TF2's hats turned out.

CatPee said:
I could see it working real well in an FPS. It wouldn't be about seeing yourself in the new skin, but rather the other players being oh-so-envious of your shiny new skin. Look at how well TF2's hats turned out.

You know what new skins would look nice in? OPERATIONS.

Give us more Operations maps please GG T_T

subversus

SP is fucking amazing. I can't put it down. I dig the story. It's not top of the line but it does its job really well.

Dibbz

T-0800 said:
Why are some maps not selectable in botzone?
The multiplayer AI can't navigate around with jetpacks so jetpack maps are missing in botzone but all the rest of them should be there.

@ subversus

Good to see you're digging the SP. It was a solid campaign, with some real variety in missions but imo it could have used a better script, and the ending... well lets just see what you think of it.

subversus

Dibbz said:
Good to see you're digging the SP. It was a solid campaign, with some real variety in missions but imo it could have used a better script, and the ending... well lets just see what you think of it.

The script is very solid so far. It's a summer action movie and a good one.

Grinchy

Banned
I was surprised by how much I liked the writing and the dialog. I typically can't stand when FPS games pretend to have a story. For whatever reason, this game clicked with me. Although the ending really is a huge WTF.

Dibbz

Shogun PaiN said:
What are these maps people are posting about? The steel Rain pack or has there been more released?
No it's the new From the Ashes map pack coming next week.

I guess you could say it's a summer blockbuster type script but I honestly was hoping for something with more depth. Instead it's all just lets kill us some higs and fuck you Narville. The KZ3 antagonists are really good though so credit for them. I just wish the ISA were fleshed out more.

teepo

new maps look hot. will be buying the pack for 10 bucks and hopefully my friends will follow through as well.

kz3 was rather hot amongst us until psn went down.

Dibbz said:
Just teamed up with some awesome guys and got in a squad with them. We totally destroyed the opposition. I guess this is a way to get my own back from the constant teaming up with little kids who don't have a clue how to play.

MD128 you post on here right? Don't think I know your gaf username though.

Recorded some highlights from todays games. Don't worry they're pretty short.

One of the fastest assassination's I've done
Defending bomb plants with a crazy multikill
Awesome Teamwork in Search and Retrieve

kz3_grenade_pistolu7yf.gif

Hey! Yeah that was some amazing game we played I was SuicidalSteve...Im a good friend of MD128 we were all together including buzzbomb and twistedintoform, TheWabbitSlayer and IKra1ze. If you ever want to play more of those games you are more than welcome to join us :)

Dibbz

SuicidalSteve said:
Hey! Yeah that was some amazing game we played I was SuicidalSteve...Im a good friend of MD128 we were all together including buzzbomb and twistedintoform, TheWabbitSlayer and IKra1ze. If you ever want to play more of those games you are more than welcome to join us :)
Ah very cool. I had a great time playing with you guys. I'm gonna try and get all the map packs next week so I can join you guys more often.

Dibbz

UnluckyKate said:
Is there mortar beacon on Snowkirt map ?
Hmm I don't think there is. At least I've never seen one. It could actually be useful though since the map is really unbalanced and base raping can happen easily if your tacticians are not looking after the TSP's.

subversus said:
SP is fucking amazing. I can't put it down. I dig the story. It's not top of the line but it does its job really well.

I'm glad your enjoying it. A lot of people bag on Killzone's story, but when your concept is fighting nazi in space you don't have to be high art. And I for one love it.

subversus

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm glad your enjoying it. A lot of people bag on Killzone's story, but when your concept is fighting nazi in space you don't have to be high art. And I for one love it.

it's even better because I wasn't expecting anything and KZ2 had terrible writing.

patsu

subversus said:
it's even better because I wasn't expecting anything and KZ2 had terrible writing.

Brace yourself for the ending. And an abrupt cutscene transition. Other than that, KZ3 SP is great. <3
MAWLR and Junkyard

Dibbz

patsu said:
Brace yourself for the ending. And an abrupt cutscene transition. Other than that, KZ3 SP is great. <3
MAWLR and Junkyard
My favourite part of the SP was the part just before the
MAWLR
. The whole build up to get to it is crazy. ISA guys all over the place trying to push forward. It's these big battles that KZ does well. The Jungle defense was another moment like this. Just so many people fighting, rockets going off. So good.

Shuusui

This game is so fucking broken. And to top it off, a trophy is glitching on me.

Frazzle Dazzle, the one that requires to to have used the StA5X Arc Cannon to kill 3 Helghast with one shot.

I must have killed 3, 4, even 5 Helghast at the same time with one shot. NEVER unlocks. Fuck you, GG.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I guess I will activate my PSN+ trial when this new map pack comes out and then I'll have access to all of them for a month. Really a shame that they are not doing any more with Operations. Warzone is still the best mode (one of my favorite in any shooter) but Operations is kind of a good smaller scale ground infantry equivalent to Rush mode from Bad Company 2. Seems crazy they cannot just throw in some animations, James Remar and Ray Wintstone voice clips, and partition maps a bit to make more available.

Also wish all the maps were available to Warzone since Kaznan Jungle looks great and has a cool layout, and the videos I've seen of Junkyard look interesting as well. Going to be funny if/when Radec Academy ends up being GW only but I'm not going to miss seeing it either way.

I love the idea of specializing maps for particular modes, but the execution is a lot better when you have something UT2004 shipping with over one hundred maps, as opposed to these console shooters with fewer than a dozen. Either way the map packs from PSN+ should add some variety and while the game has some issues that simply were not present in KZ2, it is still pretty fun and I'll keep playing it until Battlefield 3 comes out.

Dibbz

Radec is Warzone only not GW.

New operation maps would be nice I honestly don't understand how they shipped with just 3 though. Those 3 maps however are really good and work in Operations perfectly. Did GG say why they were not working on any more? Was it down to the animations?

Just started the campaign again on Elite and jesus it's hard. AI popping shots off from everywhere.

Top Bottom