• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

lastinline said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have freezing occur when a friend logs in and you are respawning? I think it's the dumb saving each time you respawn that is making this problem occur for me.

I've been getting freezing when freinds come on... I'm wondering if turning off notifications of who's on will help.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well came back for the DLC, paid my $5, 3 hours later, all 13 trophies get LOL

Ah Radec so many VC9 missiles going off, some were just shooting them over and over, some trying to get trophy, good job GG, remind the douches why Radec got horrible in KZ3 and now give a trophy to remind them.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu!!!

Thank God I abused the schick giveaway unlock points, all trophies were easy to get, if played regular/casual = your fucked, need to grind to just unlock abilities to get those trophies

Lince

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
Well came back for the DLC, paid my $5, 3 hours later, all 13 trophies get LOL

who are you kidding? you bought the DLC only for the trophies, as usual. I bet if some Disney game for a 3 year old had easy trophies you would be all over it, oh wait...

Bollocks

They seriously need to get rid of the c4 delay.
I was playing Mawlr Scrapyard as ISA, start of game, I rush to the left to repair the ammo crate, was just about to but then I thought better be safe so I place c4 right in front of the entrance. While repairing I see a teammate coming trough that entrance, but since it didn't go off I assumed he was friendly, next thing I know I was dead ._.
Why the fuck do I even place this shit, useless

Or turrets, they have a certain lifetime, if it's over they explode, yeah totally cool, no indication whatsoever besides some small visual hints, they just explode.
I think I died over a dozen times already because I turned my back to it ._.

KZ3 MP is cool but those 2 things, nah

Dibbz

C4 delay is so people don't run into a room and throw it and instantly kill everyone with no warning at all. Can you imagine that? Essentially a greanade that makes no sound and explodes instantly. Not such a smart idea.

Turrets have health yes since you need to be able to kill them. Can't see the smoke and fire coming from it when it's nearly dead? I don't see the problem with this.

I re-uploaded my original KZ3 trailer so you can watch it above 360p now. Watch it at 720p for the best quality I could get out of my camera. It's obviously not HD but still it looks way better than what I had originally had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLCo4SCvL0

patsu

Bollocks said:
Why the fuck do I even place this shit, useless

When you're outnumbered and trying to hold your grounds, mines are invaluable.

Or turrets, they have a certain lifetime, if it's over they explode, yeah totally cool, no indication whatsoever besides some small visual hints, they just explode.
I think I died over a dozen times already because I turned my back to it ._.

I usually stay away from my turret so that we can cover for each other. Enemies can't get both of us at the same time. Same for the ammo depot. I'll put my turret away from the depot so the enemies can't destroy both at the same time with one rocket.

You should repair the turret when you see sparks and smokes coming out of it.

On a related note, my office PS3 monitor died. Hoping to buy a 27" 3D monitor, but it seems that they don't sell it in US yet (next month ?). Crap...

alterno69

Banned
I just beat the game after owning it since launch, lol at the ending. I think the story is alright, what really sucks are the poorly directed cutscenes and the even more terrible audio mix, i have an awesome hd surround sound and this game is just poor in the audio department, especially during cutscenes.

patsu

RelentlessRolento said:
I still pref C4 over grenades. Its a good security measure.

Doorways and stairs are C4's friend

Yap... the biggest difference besides the explosion trigger is C4 is useless against bots and turrets.

Ezahn

Next time I decide to invest 10/10 points on frakkin' Marksman class - being the worst marksman ever in vg history - please, PLEASE kill me first.

If I play marksman I could just as well don't play at all. My score and my team will be better without me. ^^

Thrakier

Ezahn said:
Next time I decide to invest 10/10 points on frakkin' Marksman class - being the worst marksman ever in vg history - please, PLEASE kill me first.

If I play marksman I could just as well don't play at all. My score and my team will be better without me. ^^

WTH, how can the KZ3 marksman be the worst of vg history? ;D Opinions...sometimes...seriously...

GraveRobberX

Lince said:
who are you kidding? you bought the DLC only for the trophies, as usual. I bet if some Disney game for a 3 year old had easy trophies you would be all over it, oh wait...

Sorry if I pissed in your cereal, but you know I go after trophies
Sorry your majesty, I forget I'm talking to KZ3 royalty cause you were awesome in KZ2 and your assessment is the fucking gospel and your shitty judgment on all others is the truth
I just payed them $5 due to getting the other 2 DLC's for free, at least the 3D aspect of KZ3 deserved a thumbs up

The trophies were a little too easy, I'm just saying, they were fast to get, was just like the other 2 DLC, nothing fun or creative, just mindless grind or get lucky or make it frustrating to the team aspect by throwing in "Me" or "Me Too" achievements

Doesn't help that 3 days since the DLC dropped, not many have picked up the DLC
Most of the rooms are 1-2 players
I played Tharsis Depot, it took almost 2 minutes before game ends for a 3rd person to join
Guess what?, new round, I'm the only one in there =/
This went on Tuesday, then Wednesday, luckily 1 clan joined on Radec and stayed and we had fun killing and enjoying like the KZ2 days, but 3 hours of fun $5 was just not worth it

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Thrakier said:
WTH, how can the KZ3 marksman be the worst of vg history? ;D Opinions...sometimes...seriously...

I gathered that he's poor at being a marksman from his post, don't believe he was dragging it through the mud or anything

RelentlessRolento said:
I've been getting freezing when freinds come on... I'm wondering if turning off notifications of who's on will help.
Oh thank goodness. I thought it was just me. I was starting to worry that my PS3 was on the fritz. They really need to patch this game, but I don't get why it never happened like this before. I think 1.09 brought this freezing to the game.

test_account

XP-39C²
alterno69 said:
I just beat the game after owning it since launch, lol at the ending. I think the story is alright, what really sucks are the poorly directed cutscenes and the even more terrible audio mix, i have an awesome hd surround sound and this game is just poor in the audio department, especially during cutscenes.
Maybe this has been discussed a lot before, but regarding the ending, i wonder if (also contains Killzone 2 ending spoilers)
the guy in the capsule is Visari. I know that he was supposedly killed at the end of Killzone 2, but in the Killzone 3 intro a Helghast say something like "it is time to go sir". Which made me think that maybe the Visari who was killed in Killzone 2 was a doppelganger. Maybe far fetched, but that "it is time to go sir" message got me thinking that the real Visari was evacuated.

Thrakier said:
Not the worse thing in vg history, but i guess he mean that it is difficulty to use the class :) In my opnion, it can be a bit hard to hit with the sniper rifle (assuming he mean that weapon). Especially if you miss the first shot.

Speaking about the Marksman, i wonder if it is actually better to not upgrade to radar scramble. If you have radar scramble on, then it is easy to know that there is a sniper near by, but without it, you cannot tell. Radar scramble is good for team support though.

GraveRobberX said:
Doesn't help that 3 days since the DLC dropped, not many have picked up the DLC
Most of the rooms are 1-2 players
I played Tharsis Depot, it took almost 2 minutes before game ends for a 3rd person to join
Guess what?, new round, I'm the only one in there =/
This went on Tuesday, then Wednesday, luckily 1 clan joined on Radec and stayed and we had fun killing and enjoying like the KZ2 days, but 3 hours of fun $5 was just not worth it
Try to change region. I wanted to try Lente Missle Base (or what it is called) on Europe region, but it just kept loading, assuming that there were no games to be found. Then i changed to North America region and found a game pretty fast.

But i think that most people will be playing Radec Academy. The 3-4 times i've played this map so far, regardless of region, there has always been many players :)

GraveRobberX

Violater said:
How can you complain about 4 maps for $5???

I never complained about maps, I complained about no 1 playing said DLC or even bought it

Rooms are empty or fill up gradually to maybe a 2 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 or I have seen 7 vs 4 (me being on the 4 side)

This is Sony's Flagship shooter, it is only 4 months old, but to me the community feels dead
DLC most of the time is an injection to liven it up and maybe squeeze out another 1-2 month of gameplay

test_account said:
Try to change region. I wanted to try Lente Missle Base (or what it is called) on Europe region, but it just kept loading, assuming that there were no games to be found. Then i changed to North America region and found a game pretty fast.

But i think that most people will be playing Radec Academy. The 3-4 times i've played this map so far, regardless of region, there has always been many players :)

Yeah Radec fills up, maybe 2-3 games, people get their missile kills (nostalgia), then vanish

Doesn't help that others have said the freezing bug is very detrimental, not fun you freezing during a fucking firefight

patsu

Ezahn, did you turn on your cloaking ? XD

I think GG gimped Marksman in the last patch (or was it the latest one ?)

patsu

GraveRobberX said:
I never complained about maps, I complained about no 1 playing said DLC or even bought it

Rooms are empty or fill up gradually to maybe a 2 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 or I have seen 7 vs 4 (me being on the 4 side)

This is Sony's Flagship shooter, it is only 4 months old, but to me the community feels dead
DLC most of the time is an injection to liven it up and maybe squeeze out another 1-2 month of gameplay

Which timezone are you in ?

Dibbz

GraveRobberX said:

Yeah Radec fills up, maybe 2-3 games, people get their missile kills (nostalgia), then vanish

Doesn't help that others have said the freezing bug is very detrimental, not fun you freezing during a fucking firefight
DLC is not dead. It's the fact that your are selected DLC only maps. Either choose From the Ashes or Any in map selection. rooms are always full.

GraveRobberX

patsu said:
Ezahn, did you turn on your cloaking ? XD

I think GG gimped Marksman in the last patch (or was it the latest one ?)

This patch or the one coming I think on the last or the page before that had info regarding that cloaking isn't how it was Day 1 release, now you can spot them from far away due to their cloak getting glitched really quickly

patsu said:
Which timezone are you in ?

Eastern, NYC time, played night time say 8-11pm NYC time (which I consider peak time for my timezone)

Dibbz said:
DLC is not dead. It's the fact that your are selected DLC only maps. Either choose From the Ashes or Any in map selection. rooms are always full.

I have all preferences set to From the Ashes pack

GW - From the Ashes
WZ - From the Ashes
OPs - Any

Region - NA

test_account

XP-39C²
GraveRobberX said:

Really? I have only played Radec Academy maybe 3-4 times, but the games have had a lot of players from start to finish when i have played. But i play on Europe region, maybe it is different in the North America region. Personally i havnt noticed any freezing either.

Dibbz

GraveRobberX said:

GW - From the Ashes
WZ - From the Ashes
OPs - Any

Region - NA
I've been playing literally all day and not had any problems getting into DLC matches. If you are in a room with 3 other people quit and try again. Why wait and hope it fills up?

Just set them all to Any if you really really must because everyone is voting the new maps in those rooms anyway.

patsu

GraveRobberX said:

GW - From the Ashes
WZ - From the Ashes
OPs - Any

Region - NA

I think that may be the problem. Most of us play with "Any". You can play on the new DLC maps and the old maps that way.

Dibbz

I'm calling out Dave1988. You bitch you let me die when I was the target on Turbine. Fuck sake I had the top spawn and no one else was up there on my team yet fucking marksmen and tacticians were swarming up there from the other team. I hate playing with god damn scrubs. Fucking no one knows how to play. Just spawn up top with me and defend.

I partially blame the shitty god damn spawn man because it does nothing to differentiate the fucking spawns from the rest of the map. Everything is god damn white and fucking scrubs do not understand when someone captures a spawn that they can use it because they can't see shit on the god damn map.

leng jai

alterno69 said:

Self proclaimed. KZ3 has a very good audio mix in gameplay, one of the better ones around. You're right however, as soon as the cutscenes begin it goes to shit. Strange as you'd think cutscenes would have equal or better audo treatment.

dazed808

Had my prefs set to any, played the new maps every other round and had full teams all night, so us Euros at least seem to have picked the new map pack up in decent numbers.

Dibbz said:
You need to add myself and Bignose3248 to ya FL for some Euro squad play. I've tried using the clan invite system but it's fucked. We're not the greatest players but we always play for the team. You may want to mute us tho if you're sensitive to excessive swearing ;)

Dead

well not really...yet
GraveRobberX said:

GW - From the Ashes
WZ - From the Ashes
OPs - Any

Region - NA
IM in NA and Ive got preferences set to Any and I constantly play with TONS of people with all DLC including From the Ashes in constant rotation

In fact there were even some people in the last game I played that were complaining about Radec Academy being picked way too much :lol

patsu

leng jai said:
Self proclaimed. KZ3 has a very good audio mix in gameplay, one of the better ones around. You're right however, as soon as the cutscenes begin it goes to shit. Strange as you'd think cutscenes would have equal or better audo treatment.

I believe the cutscene videos have low bitrate so they can load the next level in parallel.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Violater said:
Graverobber KZ3 was dead a long time ago....

You lie the game's community is still alive and kicking even after the whole PSN offline fiasco. So it has a dedicated community /following

patsu

Dibbz said:
I'm calling out Dave1988. You bitch you let me die when I was the target on Turbine. Fuck sake I had the top spawn and no one else was up there on my team yet fucking marksmen and tacticians were swarming up there from the other team. I hate playing with god damn scrubs. Fucking no one knows how to play. Just spawn up top with me and defend.

I partially blame the shitty god damn spawn man because it does nothing to differentiate the fucking spawns from the rest of the map. Everything is god damn white and fucking scrubs do not understand when someone captures a spawn that they can use it because they can't see shit on the god damn map.

:lol reminds me of the Uncharted 2 folks in the XMB chatroom (Yeah you: pwonager, Kittonwy, Wowbagger, etc.). Every time after they complete a round, I see them bickering at the top right corner of my screen.

Usually if the other members suck, I spawn as medic since I have the best chance of survival (Can survive 1 vs 3 occasionally). Recently, I would spawn as Engineer first since the turret sticks around even after I respawn as another class.

Dibbz

dazed808 said:
Had my prefs set to any, played the new maps every other round and had full teams all night, so us Euros at least seem to have picked the new map pack up in decent numbers.

You need to add myself and Bignose3248 to ya FL for some Euro squad play. I've tried using the clan invite system but it's fucked. We're not the greatest players but we always play for the team. You may want to mute us tho if you're sensitive to excessive swearing ;)
Yeah I'll add you. I was playing with a squad but as soon as they left and I played one game on my own it all fell to shit. Seriously 2 or 3 good players on your team that know what they are doing can seriously change an entire match.

subversus said:
it's hilarious but we won these games too. The other team payed too much attention to spawnpoints (I was trying to recapture them all the time) while our team did all objectives.

I'll try Operations today. It seems that hardcore people are playing there. Warzone is too easy.

This has always been my favorite mode. Wish the DLC had 1 new Operations map, then I'd buy it.

Even with the post-patch nerf, Marksman is still great. I had to adjust once I saw once much the cloak rippled, but that doesn't matter when you've already shot that person.

Dave1988

Dibbz said:

bJzAJ.gif

patsu

Boombloxer said:
This has always been my favorite mode. Wish the DLC had 1 new Operations map, then I'd buy it.

Even with the post-patch nerf, Marksman is still great. I had to adjust once I saw once much the cloak rippled, but that doesn't matter when you've already shot that person.

Operations is very interesting. I think that's Dibbz' favorite mode.

Massa

GraveRobberX said:
This patch or the one coming I think on the last or the page before that had info regarding that cloaking isn't how it was Day 1 release, now you can spot them from far away due to their cloak getting glitched really quickly

Eastern, NYC time, played night time say 8-11pm NYC time (which I consider peak time for my timezone)

GW - From the Ashes
WZ - From the Ashes
OPs - Any

Region - NA

The problem is that you hang arond in empty rooms. Never do that.

If the matchmaking system screwed up and placed you in an empty or nearly-empty game just quit and search again.

Should be getting this game tomorrow or the day after.
I look forward to playing it. I was a huge fan of KZ1 and 2.

I was playing KZ2 earlier today. I'd like to play online KZ2 or 3 with Gaf sometime.

Stoffinator

I just played a few matches of KZ3 online. What the hell happened!? It not only freezes for 10 seconds every three mintues, the shot gun is even more over powered than I remembered. All my deaths (but one) were by a shot gun that were even to far for assault rifle to kill me. :-\

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Stoffinator said:
I just played a few matches of KZ3 online. What the hell happened!? It not only freezes for 10 seconds every three mintues, the shot gun is even more over powered than I remembered. All my deaths (but one) were by a shot gun that were even to far for assault rifle to kill me. :-\

I don't know what you are talking about, all my kills are using assault rifles. You probably are trying to fight close range. An assault rifle cannot go toe to toe with a shotty in close range. I tend to try and keep away when using rifles.

And for those still wondering, the community for KZ3 is very much alive, I haven't had problems joining games at all.

Stoffinator

bobbytkc said:
I don't know what you are talking about, all my kills are using assault rifles. You probably are trying to fight close range. An assault rifle cannot go toe to toe with a shotty in close range. I tend to try and keep away when using rifles.

And for those still wondering, the community for KZ3 is very much alive, I haven't had problems joining games at all.

Well the games I played in everyone used shot guns. And they were killing me from very far distances. One shot and I was dead. Yet I could empty a whole clip into them and nothing. The game didn't help either with the freezing for like 10 seconds.

Massa

Stoffinator said:
Well the games I played in everyone used shot guns. And they were killing me from very far distances. One shot and I was dead. Yet I could empty a whole clip into them and nothing. The game didn't help either with the freezing for like 10 seconds.

Sounds like you were in a laggy game.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Stoffinator said:

It could be lag. You should try switching servers. There is no reason emptying an entire clip shouldn't kill a person. Try playing botzone, you will notice a few well placed shots with a rifle will kill the bots. If the experience differs from the online matches, its lag. I have noticed that when playing in matches out of my region, or in matches with shitty hosts, the latency gives the impression that your shots less ineffective.

Ezahn

Allonym said:
I gathered that he's poor at being a marksman from his post, don't believe he was dragging it through the mud or anything

You got it.
I'm a nerfed marksman myself. I've auto-nerf mode ON. ;-)

Still, I also chose the wrong time to put point on it, cloak is not that useful now, at least when auto-nerf mode is ON.
Almost always. ^^

Also, I can't see any new map on the italian PSN. Sad.

EDIT: here it is, I'm terrible at aiming things even when they are map-packs :-D

Top Bottom