• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Fuck me GG, why would you put some trophies for the last weapons / abilities for classes ? How long do you think it is to grind all the way up there, for two classes that I don't use (Engineer and Tactitian...)

patsu

Triple XPs this weekend. Also Tacts and Engineers are great classes.

I'm trying to get the Engineer's grenade pistol myself.

T-0800

Bought the new maps yesterday. My goodness GG know how to make awesome looking levels. The 3 that I was able to play in Botzone run really well too. Shame that the framerate can take a hit when playing online. Seems to be the lag that affects it more than anything else as some games have it running as well as it does against bots.

Not sure who's better at making the PS3 sing, GG or ND.

BeeDog

T-0800 said:
Bought the new maps yesterday. My goodness GG know how to make awesome looking levels. The 3 that I was able to play in Botzone run really well too. Shame that the framerate can take a hit when playing online. Seems to be the lag that affects it more than anything else as some games have it running as well as it does against bots.

Not sure who's better at making the PS3 sing, GG or ND.

The strange thing with the framerate when playing online is that it seemingly drops even when nothing happens on-screen. I guess the engine keeps calculating/rendering players and shit even when it's not shown, and therefore the framerate keeps dropping even when all stuff happens off-screen. Very strange.

tiddles

patsu said:
I think that may be the problem. Most of us play with "Any". You can play on the new DLC maps and the old maps that way.

Definitely play with preferences set to Any if you are having trouble finding populated games... not absolutely certain but I think it puts you on a separate playlist if you are filtering map types, which might not have as many players on it. "Any" is likely to have the most players as it's the default, and any DLC you own will generally be included as part of the map selection options.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I love the visuals on display within KZ3. I feel it is the best looking game thus far released on consolesBilgasrk but I feel that in multilayer the visuals can sometimes detract from the game, not sure of anyone else has had this problem. For instance on Bilgasrk Boulevard the lighting and bloom obscure targets at a distance, realistic I know but I don't feel players who aren't facing the light should have an advantage over those who aren't. Kazan jungle, there s just so much red that the damn proximity mines just blend in, terrible design choice. Also proximity mines should beep and not just blink. Often times if you're approaching them from the bottom of stairs you can't see them and *kaboom you're dead. Wish GG added a grenade or hammer that nullifies proximity mines as a counter measure, so many games just devolve into "let's see who can throw out the most proximity mines so these fuckers can't move a butt muscle without blowing up". It honestly reminds me of the grenade spam from KZ2 and that turned me way off to KZ2 multiplayer. Spawn system at times can be broken at times. Spawns should be dynamic, if enemies are in spawn don't spawn me there only to get torn apart and don't spawn me into an enemy fucking spawn at the games start why would that be cool. 8 vs 1 isn't cool. Regarding melee if I grab someone it should be a done deal,the person I grab should not be able to headshot me as the animation for the brutal melee is taking place its ridiculous. Also I hate when Im shooting an enemy in his neck or head while he's hitting my torso or appendages and I lose the gun fight. Stuff is crazy. Wish there was a way to detect snipers and saboteurs like a vision mode like avp or crysis. I hope these complaints are rectified in some way.

Just picked up the Sharp Shooter yesterday. It takes a bit to get into but once you're comfy with the thing it's pretty awesome. The Digital trigger is real nice.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I hate medic bots and other bots as well but turrets aren't so much a problem. Wish KZ3 had a classic mode where its just barebones deathwatch/tdm with no perks, classes or abilities. I would love that hope they do something like that for KZ4.

patsu

Actually, if they upgrade all MAG soldiers to level 70, it would be the game you described.

KZ3 MP is designed/optimized for the advanced classes to work with the KZ3 maps (jetpack, TSP, choke points, ...). I think may be the Operation maps work best for old school combat.

lucius

I am playing the campaign the 1st time through on normal(Trooper) with Move about the 4th level and it seems kind of easy with Move should I bump the difficulty up or does it get much harder later or do the harder difficulties have cheap deaths?

I only died twice so far and was messing around the first time I died.

Massa

lucius said:
I am playing the campaign the 1st time through on normal(Trooper) with Move about the 4th level and it seems kind of easy with Move should I bump the difficulty up or does it get much harder later or do the harder difficulties have cheap deaths?

I only died twice so far and was messing around the first time I died.

Just bump up the difficulty, there's no huge spike at the end like in the last two Killzone games. If you hit a wall you can just bump back to normal at any time.

patsu

canadian crowe said:
It's hard leveling up other classes when you have the medic at full power. The perk that lets you revive yourself is indispensable now.

I missed it sometimes while playing other classes. The Tact's capture, Engineer's repair, and Infiltrator's disguise + speed are indispensable for specific tasks too. What I do is switch often.

enewtabie

I purchased the last map pack last night and will be playing some
this weekend. Anyone want to play some?
I didn't even realize there were more trophies and I got a few last night. Whew, I'm a little rusty at it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For the trophy guys

I did this shortcut a couple of months ago

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424791

Post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26632810&postcount=163

Schick website: http://edgeshave.com/default.aspx#!/ps3Giveaway/register

GraveRobberX said:
1. You go to the Schick website
2. Press Get Started
3. Fill Out Information, if using spam e-mail, remember each one, code will be sent there, if using g-mail the period trick work, like graverobberx@gmail.com , can be changed to almost 3500+ different e-mail by putting a period in between the letters, but all the e-mail codes will come to graverobberx@gmail.com
g.raverobberx@gmail.com
gr.averobberx@gmail.com
gra.verobberx@gmail.com
grav.erobberx@gmail.com
etc. (if you finish, now add 2 periods, then 3, when you finish put period from the right side work that way)
4. Put a normal ZIP & State and DOB over 21 (up to you), put address as 123 Fake Street, First Name F, Last Name U
5. Now you have to enter the promo code either 841058005209 or 841058005261
6. Enter captcha
7. Pick your choice of DLC, if KZ3 and you want retro map pack use the 841058005261 code to get free theme "The Hatch". If 3 point unlock grab that or the GT5 code
inFamous 2 is not active till June 7th, keep code in safe place.
8.???????????
9. Profit by pressing the back button twice to go back to filling information, change the period or e-mail go through the next steps again
Put code in Voila

If you want multiple KZ3 point unlocks like I did, do the trick 10+ times, then go to PSN store add 5 codes at a time, you can see how many codes are active by Account Management > Transaction Management > Service List > KillZone 3 > 3 Point Unlock > Remaining: #

Now log into KZ3 MP, you will see 3 points, now log off, log back in, 3 more points added, do it 5 times = 15 points to use and abuse

I did it 25+ times with-in 10 minutes, everything is unlocked for me

I'll take picture of theme, give me a moment please

Try it out, looks like you can't get the Retro Map Pack anymore but the points are still there, so is GT5, and inFAMOUS 2

I just bought this game a few days ago and have been playing it (with all the existing map packs) exclusively since purchase. I started off playing warzone and had a really fun time. Then I got into playing operations and I am hooked.

I have read all the complaints about this game and don't really see them. Maybe its because I am playing post-patches, but this is going to be my game of the summer.

If anyone else is a MST gamer, hit me up. I might not be the best, but I am a team/objective based player with a mic.

test_account

XP-39C²
Allonym said:
Spawn system at times can be broken at times. Spawns should be dynamic, if enemies are in spawn don't spawn me there only to get torn apart and don't spawn me into an enemy fucking spawn at the games start why would that be cool.
Do you mean in Guerilla Warfare or Warzone? I havnt played that much Guerilla Warfare, but i cant recall to have spawned very close to the enemy. In Warzone you rely on static spawn points, so there it is naturally a bigger chance to spawn close to the enemy if he/she is also close to that spawn point/beacon.

Allonym said:
Regarding melee if I grab someone it should be a done deal,the person I grab should not be able to headshot me as the animation for the brutal melee is taking place its ridiculous.
I belive that is due to lag, like that you just kill the enemy within maybe 0.3 seconds right before he grabs you.

Allonym said:
Wish there was a way to detect snipers and saboteurs like a vision mode like avp or crysis. I hope these complaints are rectified in some way.
When you aim at an enemy saboteur your sight will turn red (maybe not in iron sight, but at least with "normal" aim). Saboteurs does not show up on the map as green dot either. I'm not 100% sure if this is in Killzone 3, but in Killzone 2 the saboteur doesn not have the red light (Helghast) or the blue light (ISA) on him. Maybe it is not very easy to spot in the heat of battle, but there are ways to tell if someone is a saboteur at least :)

Allonym said:
I hate medic bots and other bots as well but turrets aren't so much a problem. Wish KZ3 had a classic mode where its just barebones deathwatch/tdm with no perks, classes or abilities. I would love that hope they do something like that for KZ4.
KZ3 do have custom matches though. I have never tried it myself, so i cant say too much about it, but i know that you can customize the gametypes there at least. No idea how many people who play custom matches though, and i dont think that you get XP in custom matches.

patsu

test_account said:
When you aim at an enemy saboteur your sight will turn red (maybe not in iron sight, but at least with "normal" aim). Saboteurs does not show up on the map as green dot either. I'm not 100% sure if this is in Killzone 3, but in Killzone 2 the saboteur doesn not have the red light (Helghast) or the blue light (ISA) on him. Maybe it is not very easy to spot in the heat of battle, but there are ways to tell if someone is a saboteur at least :)

I think Saboteurs in KZ3 look identical to the person he disguises as. Lower level Saboteurs can be detected by Tactician's spot-n-mark. I think high level ones remain undetectable but I'm not sure. I just shoot everything that moves towards me, or faces me. :)

KZ3 do have custom matches though. I have never tried it myself, so i cant say too much about it, but i know that you can customize the gametypes there at least. No idea how many people who play custom matches though, and i dont think that you get XP in custom matches.

Yeah but it would be a lot better if the custom match can be open.

test_account

XP-39C²
patsu said:
I think Saboteurs in KZ3 look identical to the person he disguises as. Lower level Saboteurs can be detected by Tactician's spot-n-mark. I think high level ones remain undetectable but I'm not sure. I just shoot everything that moves towards me, or faces me. :)
Ah ok, i see. Hehe, me too usually =) And sometimes the enemy moves in an odd fashion that a team mate most likely wouldnt do (like running in a certain direction in the level).

patsu said:
Yeah but it would be a lot better if the custom match can be open.
That is true. I liked this with KZ2, since then i didnt have to get into 32 player matches with rockets available. I dont mind matchmaking and rockets in KZ3 though, but it was nice the way KZ2 was set up.

patsu said:
Huh ? Has 3x XP started already ?
Yep, it started at 5pm UK time. I got nearly 39000 XP in one Warzone match earlier :D

Dibbz

test_account said:
Ah ok, i see. Hehe, me too usually =) Sometimes the enemy moves in an odd fashion that a team mate most likely wouldnt do (like running in a certain direction in the level).
Level 3 sabs run at like light speed as well so they kinda stand out if they sprint. Usually it's too late before it clicks for me though and they're up in my face jamming a knife through my eye.

Missed out on playing today but I'm gonna try and get some time out tomorrow to play it. Gotta get in on this Triple XP.

test_account

XP-39C²
Dibbz said:
Level 3 sabs run at like light speed as well so they kinda stand out if they sprint. Usually it's too late before it clicks for me though and they're up in my face jamming a knife through my eye.

Missed out on playing today but I'm gonna try and get some time out tomorrow to play it. Gotta get in on this Triple XP.
Yeah, that is true. They are fast, so sometimes it can be too late indeed.

patsu

Yeah... zig-zag in a cluttered KZ3 map is fun with Infiltrator. You can "feel" the bullets behind when the enemies fire at you, but I think the damage is lesser ?

One time, I chased a bot, and he ambushed me after I lost him in a few turns. It's harder to ambush your pursuer in a real MP game though, because enemies are everywhere. :-(

Yay triple XP!

Really enjoy this game... on the dlc maps. The dlc has all been pretty good and better than most of the garbage maps that shipped with it.

CatPee

Man, I kinda regret selling this off a couple weeks ago. Really miss the clusterfuck arena gameplay and Move support. Doesn't help that a few days after I sold my copy for $27, someone shows up wanting to buy it for $40. >_<

Ezahn

I used to hate Radec, and still do.
That map really get on my nerves: cramped, ideal for camping...
I'd really like to skip it every time it shows up.
Sure it's prettier, but still a bag of hate for me.

Ezahn said:
I used to hate Radec, and still do.
That map really get on my nerves: cramped, ideal for camping...
I'd really like to skip it every time it shows up.
Sure it's prettier, but still a bag of hate for me.

same here... i really enjoy the new missile base though... I love the setup of that one.

Zen

Banned
I have to say, these new maps are fantastic. I'm not the biggest fan of Raddec in general, and even the color tone is a bit much, but design wise it's much improved over the original. The redux of Tharsis is potentially the strongest of the bunch. Even though it's a guerrilla warfare map, it just works exceptionally well with Jetpacks. All the other maps that use them aren't designed all that well, and boosting from the ground is basically a death sentence, but Tharsus is built so vertically and with so much blocking off exposed sight points here and there that having a jetpack and dealing with people that do feels meaty and tactical.

Lente Missile base feels nearly perfect and is generally very nice to look at. The only map that I haven't gotten the chance to play around with yet would be to giant trash compactor.

Ezahn

Zen said:
The only map that I haven't gotten the chance to play around with yet would be to giant trash compactor.

It's simple but really good.
The whole moving behemot thing is very well rendered.
Try it when you can!

Yeah, this game is pretty bad online.

2v2 with 10 minutes? Ergh.

Every. Single. Player is a fucking tac camping with a sentry, an infiltrator or a marksman..

So much fire first die first going on too.

spats

a452a29c-df48-4ac1-a1c3-23664370cae6.jpg

Extra points are nice. When does the triple xp end? Sunday?

Dibbz

MarshMellow96 said:
Every. Single. Player is a fucking tac camping with a sentry, an infiltrator or a marksman..
Yeah man I hear ya. Everyone is either a Tact, Inf, Engineer, Medic or Marksmen.

Wait wut.

Massa

spats said:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tVVo8xmOgrc/TgYWH87tI2I/AAAAAAAAEsk/9Wg2C2-IV0M/s640/a452a29c-df48-4ac1-a1c3-23664370cae6.jpg[IMG]

Extra points are nice. When does the triple xp end? Sunday?[/QUOTE]

It ends Monday at 9:00 AM (UK).

Dibbz

Spats nice job. I managed to get about 30k about an hour ago with by using a Marksman the entire game at Radec. Came top in my team with the most points to. I bloody love using the marksman these days.

Massa

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Huh I'm only getting 1.25x multiplyer at the end of games.
Is it 3x for new maps only?

First your points get multiplied by 1.25 (you should consider winning to get 1.5 :p), then the extra XP appears as "Bonus points".

Top Bottom