• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Dibbz

Metal-Geo said:
Looking at Killzone 2, it's quite amazing what they managed to achieve in the span of time.
It is but KZ3 is equally impressive. Mawlr fight was not possible in KZ2 nevermind the amount of different environments we got in comparison to KZ2 as well as the variety in gameplay. Then on top of that we got 3D support, move support, co op and 2 new game modes online.

Metal-Geo said:
With Killzone 3, they already had the engine, they already had like 50% of the models and textures. They already had a bunch of sound effects and (enemy) voices. Not to mention Guerrilla Games has expanded quite well after Killzone 2's release.
That's rubbish. GG already said they had to rewrite large parts of the game. So saying they had everything there and only needed to create a small amount of assets is false.

Seb Downie (GG Dev) said:
Killzone 2 to 3 we could add modes and functionality (Co-op, 3D, Move), but there are limits and deadlines which need to be adhered to as well as large code-rewrites to be considered. So although it might seem like we are 'taking out' functionality, it is more a matter of not building it to start with (or dropping it during development).

Seb Downie (GG Dev) said:
Different features will have different reasons. Some might not have been desirable by Design in the first place to resurrect, others might have been more costly to do than their worth. Its tricky to generalize about these things and pointless to discuss individual features. There is always prioritization and costing done for everything and with a strict release date things get killed.

Its the nature of the beast.
Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

Source: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31149847#31149847

I admit KZ3 was not as polished as KZ2 but that's down to tight deadlines forcing their hand. There is no getting around this. It's fact.

Ravage

Aside from the lack of polish, i really enjoyed the single-player portion of Killzone 3 and actually prefer it over KZ2. Pushing back the endless helghast waves in Visari Palace (Elite) was one heck of an experience, but KZ3 has way more highlights and variety imo. Not to mention the addition of co-op play and Rico's newfound ability to revive you. Come to think of it, KZ3 is probably my favourite shooter SP this gen. Gunplay feels damn good and i guess that's what i want most in shooters.

casabolg

Banned
To sum up my thoughts:

Killzone 2 was a far better polished game but lacked some of the great single player elements from the original but went a fantastically good direction with the multiplayer. Sadly, there were balance issues with KZ2.

Killzone 3 is a noticeably rushed game but the campaign was far better paced and lacked the annoying elements from the first one's single player and while the multiplayer was far better balanced they changed up the game and removed some of the best things from KZ2s multiplayer.

Grinchy

Banned
The campaign in KZ3 was better than KZ2. The dialog was way better, the story for the most part was more fleshed out, the guns felt way better, the levels were more interesting, ect. Anyone who liked KZ2 would like KZ3, that's for sure. I'd even wager that some of the people who didn't like KZ2 would like KZ3.

I think the only people who have a problem with KZ3 are the people who have convinced themselves that KZ2 was something overly special.

casabolg

Banned
Grinchy said:
the guns felt way better.

I think the only people who have a problem with KZ3 are the people who have convinced themselves that KZ2 was something overly special.
I disagree with both of these.
The guns felt considerably better in KZ2. The devs even said that the guns in 3 had less programming to them so you have to control less things in the guns.
And the campaign is undeniably better in 3 but the multiplayer in 3 lost a lot of the best things from 2 and a lot of people don't like that.

patsu

The KZ3 control scheme is more playable for most people though. KZ2 sacrificed the controls for the added weight and elaborate animation. KZ3 also has better net code since I don't usually die with my opponents together now. Less programming does not mean worse gameplay.

Dibbz

kz3-sniper_head3urt.gif

Man I love playing as a Marksman. No better class to pin down an entire team with.

casabolg

Banned
patsu said:
The KZ3 control scheme is more playable for most people though. KZ2 sacrificed the controls for the added weight and elaborate animation. KZ3 also has better net code since I don't usually die with my opponents together now. Less programming does not mean worse gameplay.
You're thinking purely of the movement programming, not control scheme. The movement being slower slowed down the game allowing for people to stick together more and has visible front lines and strategies (when people didn't exploit the game but that's a balance issue not a movement issue).
KZ3 movement is easier to pick up but it just makes for run and gun players everywhere.

And in this case, for the guns, it most definitely does mean worse gameplay. In Killzone 2 you could honestly learn to handle a gun correctly. They were very intricate things so who pointed at who first didn't necessarily win but whoever was better with the gun in the right situation. Killzone 3 takes out recoil for the most part, anything to differ the guns much at all, adds an ADS aim assist, and quite a lot more. The gunplay is far, FAR worse.

A good mix of KZ3 abilities with KZ2 gunplay and health along with ideas from Killzoen Liberation would be the best way to handle the next game.

Effect

Finished up the game this evening. Single player was indeed more enjoyable then KZ2. Playing with the Move controller had a huge part in that though. Many sections in the game make me believe the game was designed with it in mind first. I can only imagine how frustrating the game would be if you weren't an expert with a dual analog. Not due to reaction time but accuracy. Certain areas leave no room for error I found and I was playing on Normal. Due to being a Wii FPS (rail and non-rail) I had no issue though. Story wise, pacing, etc it was indeed a lot better as well.

Haven't had any issue with online either. Though I wish I hadn't put in the code I got with Hel edition. I wanted the extra maps but having everything unlocked for a time is really annoying. Especially since it's based on 24 hours playtime not real time. So by the time the code expires I'll have enough points to unlocked everything anyway. Oh well. Wish they made that code multiple codes instead.

Massa

casabolg said:
And in this case, for the guns, it most definitely does mean worse gameplay. In Killzone 2 you could honestly learn to handle a gun correctly. They were very intricate things so who pointed at who first didn't necessarily win but whoever was better with the gun in the right situation. Killzone 3 takes out recoil for the most part, anything to differ the guns much at all, adds an ADS aim assist, and quite a lot more. The gunplay is far, FAR worse.

Recoil and aim assist in multiplayer is exactly the same in Killzone 2 and 3. The biggest change (improvement) with Killzone 3 is that ADS is not useless and, of course, the controls are a lot more responsive.

jackdoe

Just had a chance to test this out in 3D. And it looks great. Sure, there's a drop in resolution and a paring back of effects, but it looks freaking awesome in spite of it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Massa said:
Recoil and aim assist in multiplayer is exactly the same in Killzone 2 and 3. The biggest change (improvement) with Killzone 3 is that ADS is not useless and, of course, the controls are a lot more responsive.
0116_a8sr.gif

No way recoil/bullet spread is the same. I felt the difference immediately. I didn't like it but it's not like it was complete ass or something, just different from KZ2. If there's one thing that's different from KZ2 it's definitely gun control. There are many improvememnts made in KZ3 but that's one I wasn't happy with. I can see how people enjoy it though :(

patsu

casabolg said:
You're thinking purely of the movement programming, not control scheme. The movement being slower slowed down the game allowing for people to stick together more and has visible front lines and strategies (when people didn't exploit the game but that's a balance issue not a movement issue).
KZ3 movement is easier to pick up but it just makes for run and gun players everywhere.

A good mix of KZ3 abilities with KZ2 gunplay and health along with ideas from Killzoen Liberation would be the best way to handle the next game.

Not just slowed down. The original aim accelerates slightly when you hold down the trigger longer. They patched it later to reduce the input lag but the subtle aim acceleration was there. That's why people needed to learn to handle the gun correctly. I see folks recommending the pew-pew-pew firing pattern to offset the "new" scheme.

In KZ3, it's more responsive and predictable like other FPSs. Reminds me of MAG. M82 feels solid and great.

In general KZ2 was more chaotic due to rockets and uneven advanced classes. But the effects were great. I aimed to fuck up enemies' plans when I play KZ2. I aim to make a difference and turn the tide in KZ3. Both games have team balancing issues though. But KZ2 custom game and clan support are great.

Massa

user friendly said:
No way recoil/bullet spread is the same. I felt the difference immediately. I didn't like it but it's not like it was complete ass or something, just different from KZ2. If there's one thing that's different from KZ2 it's definitely gun control. There are many improvememnts made in KZ3 but that's one I wasn't happy with. I can see how people enjoy it though :(

I just tested it again with the M82 in Botzone/Skirmish modes. KZ2 actually is slightly more accurate when crouched or using iron sights. Standing still they're about the same.

Bollocks

Dibbz said:
Man I love playing as a Marksman. No better class to pin down an entire team with.
So you're playing the mp with training wheels? Move pfff.. j/k This reminds me I should finally try it too today or should I wait till that move sniper gun with the bipod is available?^^

Lately I use the automatic weapon (primary, sta52?!) as marksman and god is it beastly.
I also like to rush, make sure that I'm real close to the enemy so he notices me, fire my sniper rifle go around the corner, swap to the sta52 and mow them down when they await the easy kill cause I have the pow pow sniper rifle and it's close range now and that rifle is useless close range, they fall for this every time.

But the more I play sniper the more I encounter places were there are invisible walls blocking my shots ._.
They should also fix the hipfire accuracy, 2m away, I hipfire and sure enough it misses, explain that, 2m away, from brutal melee range, come on!

Bollocks

So after watching your video, I tried it myself and not a SINGLE kill ._.
I then shot at a wall, standing still, while moving, turning and so on. According to the decals on the wall the bullet spread is only minimal from close range, most of the time it's spot on on the crosshair.
I don't know why I haven't killed at least 1 person.
There are several kills in your video and I've put some time into the game but never have I killed someone like in the video, there's something shady, only reason I can think of is Move cause that's the only difference but doubt it.
Or maybe I'm having bad luck with the ping

Massa

Bollocks said:
So after watching your video, I tried it myself and not a SINGLE kill ._.
I then shot at a wall, standing still, while moving, turning and so on. According to the decals on the wall the bullet spread is only minimal from close range, most of the time it's spot on on the crosshair.
I don't know why I haven't killed at least 1 person.
There are several kills in your video and I've put some time into the game but never have I killed someone like in the video, there's something shady, only reason I can think of is Move cause that's the only difference but doubt it.
Or maybe I'm having bad luck with the ping

Give it a try in Botzone.

Bollocks

Just got 33 kills in botzone, don't know what to say ._.
Some even from quite a distance
But half of them weren't possible online unless they are bot easy dumb but it shows it can be done.
Lets see if I can take this online, it will for sure break the game but it's a fun challenge lol

Dibbz

One bit of advice is to try and not move as you shoot. Also its harder to use move imo with the marksman because of the bounding box so it should definitely not be harder to do with a ds3.

BTW there is nothing shady going on lol. That was all done in normal online warzone matches.

johntown

Banned
Dibbz said:

If there is one class I hate it is the Marksman. No other class is more useless to "most" Warzone objectives then the Marksman.

If they contribute to the team then I have no issue with them but most of them don't and they just camp out somewhere no doing much of anything for the team.

If you are able to pin down and entire team than that team must be pathetic.

Dibbz

The Marksmans scramble ability alone makes him a valuable asset. It totally counters the Tactician and keeps your team off the radar which is critical in most objectives.

There are people that play as the Marksman that do just stand around hoping to get easy kills but a team with a marksman is better than a team without one.

Dibbz said:
The Marksmans scramble ability alone makes him a valuable asset. It totally counters the Tactician and keeps your team off the radar which is critical in most objectives.

There are people that play as the Marksman that do just stand around hoping to get easy kills but a team with a marksman is better than a team without one.

I wonder what a full game with rules for no marksman and tactitians would be like.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
RelentlessRolento said:
I wonder what a full game with rules for no marksman and tactitians would be like.

Everybody and their mother as Infiltrators lol

Maybe a Medic or 2 trying to go for revives or playing for shits n' giggles

0 Engineers
Poor Engi's ; ;

Lince

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
0 Engineers
Poor Engi's ; ;

exactly, one of the (many) dumb design decisions of Killzone 3, taking away all the tactics and strategies which turrets placements implied... so glad the multiplayer lead was given the boot.

Dibbz

Yeah get rid of tacts and Infiltrators would be all over the place. Don't underestimate Engineers. The Last LMG unlock they get is one of the best guns in the game. Combine that with turrets and shotgun or grenade pistol and they can cause big problems.

Lince... if you are referring to taking away multiple turrets per engineer then you're talking rubbish. It's one of the better decisions made in KZ3. I got sick of trying to play engineer in KZ2 only to have some retard place 2 or more turrets in stupid places and another guy doing the same.

One engineer, one turret. If you need more turrets you need more engineers. KZ3 is not meant to be some one man army game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The problem is Engineer becomes useless due to the Extra Ammo Perk

Most don't even refill ammo if an Engi fixes it up, to get that extra Proxy Mine or Extra Grenade or have 100% ammunition

Most get their kills, ammo starts to deplete, just die, why run to get more and get stabbed/knifed/get killed in the process (create frustration), just try your best to die, sometimes with hilarious results, and spawn again safe inside your base, and start anew

If you gave Engi like a buff to make weapons of you teammates stronger (by a small % increase, think Brink) and in return they benefit from it, watch how Engi just becomes the top dog

Dibbz

I'm usually on the look out for ammo crates myself. Especially as a Marksman since you don't get many bullets for the VC39 even with the extra ammo perk. I think the problem is people don't get to see the effect of their support when playing as an Engineer like say you do for a Medic or Tactician, so are less likely to play as him even though he is important.

I think it would have been better for the engineer to be able to give out ammo rather than to repair ammo crates. That way people can see an instant effect of their support to the team.

johntown

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
Fun..........but I would say limit each team to only having one of each able to spawn at a time.

If you don't have at least one tactitian you cannot capture any spawn areas and more of the game would be running as opposed to shooting.

Lince

Banned
Dibbz said:
Lince... if you are referring to taking away multiple turrets per engineer then you're talking rubbish. It's one of the better decisions made in KZ3. I got sick of trying to play engineer in KZ2 only to have some retard place 2 or more turrets in stupid places and another guy doing the same.

rubbish? smh Dibbz... of course you played KZ2 with noobs, as you're and you will keep doing with KZ3... can't believe you still don't know anything about Killzone after all the time you've invested on it... 'one of the better decisions made in KZ3' yeah, whatever.

anyway, I was actually referring to the fact that you're encouraged to play as Tactician or Marksman instead of Engineer simply because they're much better suited for the target audience of the game, KD/R noobs which populate the p2p hosts. As a result you will rarely have more than 1-2 engineers per team, of course there's always an idiot placing turrets in moronic places, the same way we have now hundreds of retards Marksmen just camping the whole game completely ignoring objectives. Well placed turrets could turn the tides in Killzone 2 and those of us who played KZ2 for 700 hours noticed immediately the dumbed down Engineer role in Killzone 3, yeah you can camp with your turret and use your 'uber' LMG to get some cheap kills hiding in a random room but nothing more... good luck trying to cooperate with another engi in Killzone 3 to dominate certain area of the map, you won't.

johntown

Banned
Dibbz said:
I'm usually on the look out for ammo crates myself. Especially as a Marksman since you don't get many bullets for the VC39 even with the extra ammo perk. I think the problem is people don't get to see the effect of their support when playing as an Engineer like say you do for a Medic or Tactician, so are less likely to play as him even though he is important.

I think it would have been better for the engineer to be able to give out ammo rather than to repair ammo crates. That way people can see an instant effect of their support to the team.
I find the ammo crates very important especially since the completetionest in me has to get a gold medal for every weapon and objective in the game. Using only pistols your ammo runs out quickly.

The turrets are also great things to place around spawn areas so a tact does not need to camp there all day to prevent the other team from taking it.

Lince

Banned
johntown said:
The turrets are also great things to place around spawn areas so a tact does not need to camp there all day to prevent the other team from taking it.

only 1 engineer out of 100 in every 200 games will correctly place a turret to defend a spawn in Killzone 3.

Dibbz

Lince said:
rubbish? smh Dibbz... of course you played KZ2 with noobs, as you're and you will keep doing with KZ3... can't believe you still don't know anything about Killzone after all the time you've invested on it... 'one of the better decisions made in KZ3' yeah, whatever.
ok so I played with noobs and still do. If you played with only the elite of KZ then why do you have a problem with people camping as marksman or abusing tactician? You sound like a scrub yourself blaming everyone else.

I already said why Engineer is not used much. It's a support class. It's the same reason there are not many medics. It's because people want to affect the game directly not indirectly. There are only a small amount of players that like to fill up these support roles. You'd get that in any class based shooter. You cannot get around that especially when playing public games which is 90% of the time for most people.

BTW turrets were overpowered in KZ2. They were toned down for KZ3 so they will not wipe an entire team out on their own. Of course that's a negative in your eyes because you're crazy.

I use to main engineer in KZ2 but now switched to medic due to most changes. I don't like the single turret rule honestly... wish they'd allow at least 2 per user out of 4.

I've always made it a point to not play marksman though. I like being in the grit of a fight (usually why I die alot in most FPSs).

In terms of ammo crates, I'm always very happy to see one nearby since I'm constantly covering my ass with proxies. Stairs+Proxies have always saved my ass.

DaNcaKe

Only recently bought a PS3 so KZ3 is one of my first FPS's on this console.
Do the majority of people prefer KZ2? If so, why?

I'm not the biggest fan of KZ3 personally. Firstly, they throw you in at the deep end with some of the worst starting equiptment I've ever seen on a game (the SMG's you start with must be firing blanks). The M52 Assault Gun just seems to be the only functioning automatic weapon and in 'objective' gametypes people just camp with invisibility (marksman) and I can't remember the last time I saw a medic (or rather, one that actually revived team mates).

I played in my first 24 man room the other day and the frame rate just died :( I want to like the game, but I'm really struggling too atm.

Lince

Banned
Dibbz said:
You sound like a scrub yourself blaming everyone else.because you're crazy.

ok so now I'm a scrub... capable of reaching top 50-100 in the first months, achieving the most spawn captures game after game and the highest KDR consistently, not to mention some 'scrubby' longest killstreak of 41, a scrub yeah... you're definitely loosing it Dibbz since you started taking every negative comment towards Killzone 3 personally, on top of the 700 hours of KZ2 I played 300+ of KZ3, I have enough experience to know what's my fault and what is the game's design fault and definitely I'm not alone in my criticism of Killzone 3. Take it easy man, enjoy the game, if you don't like my posts just ignore me, don't take everything by heart, relax... come with me and enjoy some frozen lemonade lol. We can discuss KZ as long as you want, I know these games like the palms of my hands. Peace man.

DaNcaKe said:
I'm not the biggest fan of KZ3 personally. Firstly, they throw you in at the deep end with some of the worst starting equiptment I've ever seen on a game (the SMG's you start with must be firing blanks). The M52 Assault Gun just seems to be the only functioning automatic weapon and in 'objective' gametypes people just camp with invisibility (marksman) and I can't remember the last time I saw a medic (or rather, one that actually revived team mates).

Lies, everyone knows KZ3 players are team-play oriented and they don't abuse the horribly designed and unbalanced class Guerrilla threw into the mix just for the hell of it :p

RelentlessRolento said:
I use to main engineer in KZ2 but now switched to medic due to most changes. I don't like the single turret rule honestly... wish they'd allow at least 2 per user out of 4.

it's more fun having a lonely turret every 50 games now. Didn't you get the memo? :p

Shooting5280

Neo Member
Is Killzone3 dead or at least on its last breath? I am getting network issues almost every game now and some time it says something about game master or something like that. I have only been able to find semi full games on gorilla and can’t find a game with more than 3 or 4 people of war zone. And I have found myself in many games with one on one or just me I will exit and try to find another game but cant. What gives?

Lince

Banned
Shooting5280 said:
Is Killzone3 dead or at least on its last breath? I am getting network issues almost every game now and some time it says something about game master or something like that. I have only been able to find semi full games on gorilla and can’t find a game with more than 3 or 4 people of war zone. And I have found myself in many games with one on one or just me I will exit and try to find another game but cant. What gives?

try Killzone 2, you'll find full rooms every day, every time.

patsu

johntown said:
If there is one class I hate it is the Marksman. No other class is more useless to "most" Warzone objectives then the Marksman.

If they contribute to the team then I have no issue with them but most of them don't and they just camp out somewhere no doing much of anything for the team.

If you are able to pin down and entire team than that team must be pathetic.

The good ones will hide in the TSP or objective room. They may not even reveal themselves until they see another }{#%]}#^**+^ teammate in the room. So I kinda doubted my counting skill for an instant before I died.

Some also line up their sight at the entrance of the objective room and snipe enemies from behind. They aim to delay or disrupt help. Kinda a hassle to detour to eradicate them.

The rest are just up for the kill.

Lince said:
it's more fun having a lonely turret every 50 games now. Didn't you get the memo? :p

see, if engineers could place 2 at least, lonelyness wouldnt be a factor :( Plus with the number of engineers who play now it'd even things out.

Dibbz

lol Lince it's because some of the stuff you come out with is just nuts.

How do you get around the fact that there are people who want to play a certain way in matches? With class based games such as Killzone you're going to get people who want to snipe, people who want to only get kills the game is designed to cater to them as well as for people who want to support those players. That is class based multiplayer 101. Complaining there's not enough Engineers is fair but aim that criticism at the players not the game.

Fact is there are more players out there in public games that want to get kills but I've played with people on KZ3 that do work together and do play as a team with a variety of classes. I'm not saying the KZ community is amazing, but rather the game allows you to play as a team without nerfing everyone that isn't.

You can't just buff a class and hope that people will play as that class because they will only play as that class to get kills.

Lince

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
see, if engineers could place 2 at least, lonelyness wouldnt be a factor :( Plus with the number of engineers who play now it'd even things out.

yeah, but both the maps and the flow of the mission aren't exactly suited to Engineers and their turrets, the main problem that some people here refuse to acknowledge is that the game's target audience is not the same as that of Killzone 2, and thus these new players coming from you-know-what game franchise are most likely playing as Marksmen for easy kills. With some brave Tacticians here and there of course, free wallhack has always been tempting.

Dibbz said:
lol Lince it's because some of the stuff you come out with is just nuts.

well I somewhat agree, nuts but not that far from reality as you might think. Hope there's a Killzone 4 somewhere in the horizon that would allow for us to play together, I'm saying this sincerely.

johntown

Banned
DaNcaKe said:
the SMG's you start with must be firing blanks
All I use right now are the SMG's. Yeah, they are weaker then the other guns but if you strafe and go for the head you will not have any problems.

If you can master those guns and get high kill rates with them by the time you get the good guns unlocked you will really kick some ass!

patsu

GraveRobberX said:
The problem is Engineer becomes useless due to the Extra Ammo Perk

Most don't even refill ammo if an Engi fixes it up, to get that extra Proxy Mine or Extra Grenade or have 100% ammunition

Most get their kills, ammo starts to deplete, just die, why run to get more and get stabbed/knifed/get killed in the process (create frustration), just try your best to die, sometimes with hilarious results, and spawn again safe inside your base, and start anew

If you gave Engi like a buff to make weapons of you teammates stronger (by a small % increase, think Brink) and in return they benefit from it, watch how Engi just becomes the top dog

I don't think Engineers can become useless. It depends on how you play. In a hectic battle where the enemies REALLY throw everything at you, the ammo dump is your best friend. Those who chose extra ammo can also get an extra grenade or mine from the dump.

Turret is also helpful in defending objectives.

By replenishing my proxy mine repeatedly, my turret and I defended against 3 Tacticians in the Turbine basement TSP for almost the entire Warzone. They tried to charge in with jetpacks and rockets. Initially we lost by 1-2 and also lost the other TSPs. Since the Tacts kept coming back for my TSP, my teammates spawned from the original spawn point and managed to inch out every round. We won 4-3 in the end.

It seems that our team didn't bother with grabbing the other TSPs. We simply focused relentlessly on the objectives.

Lince

Banned
patsu said:
By replenishing my proxy mine repeatedly, my turret and I defended against 3 Tacticians in the Turbine basement TSP for almost the entire Warzone. They tried to charge in with jetpacks and rockets. Initially we lost by 1-2 and also lost the other TSPs. Since the Tacts kept coming back for my TSP, my teammates spawned from the original spawn point and managed to inch out every round. We won 4-3 in the end.

see? that Engineer good job was common place in most high-level KZ2 matches, that's what I'm talking about.

Dibbz

Lince said:
well I somewhat agree, nuts but not that far from reality as you might think. Hope there's a Killzone 4 somewhere in the horizon that would allow for us to play together, I'm saying this sincerely.
I'm worried because the Killzone 2 designer is back. I'm sure we'll have spawn grenades strapped to the tacts arse in KZ4.

:p

@Shooting5280

Try changing your map settings to Any. Selecting a specific map means the game will force you into a game with that map and only that map meaning your looking through a smaller pool of players to join.

Also do you have any DLC? If so maybe selecting "Standard Maps" will help.

johntown

Banned
patsu said:
The good ones will hide in the TSP or objective room. They may not even reveal themselves until they see another }{#%]}#^**+^ teammate in the room. So I kinda doubted my counting skill for an instant before I died.

Some also line up their sight at the entrance of the objective room and snipe enemies from behind. They aim to delay or disrupt help. Kinda a hassle to detour to eradicate them.

The rest are just up for the kill.
Of course there are some that are very helpful but the majority are not. I know if I keep getting hit eventually I will say screw the objective, select my Infiltrator and go brutal melee all the snipers.

The MAWLR Graveyard and Akmir Snowdrift IMO are the worst levels for snipers due to the choke points. Those two levels are really the only ones I will quit out of if there are too many snipers.

Top Bottom