• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Is this new? Just showed up on my twitter.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/21/killzone-3-multiplayer-career-progression-engineer/

PSN Blog said:
Today we are showing the first of five videos demonstrating how Killzone 3’s career progression can be tracked through Killzone.com.
Each video will highlight one multiplayer career from Killzone 3, including all of its abilities and key weapons, and show how it’s interlinked with Killzone.com. We kick off the series with the Engineer, an excellent support class with distinct defensive and offensive capabilities. The voice over for the video is by Dan Nanni, Multiplayer Designer at Guerrilla.
Keep an eye on the official PlayStation.Blog and Killzone.com in the coming days for the other career progression videos. Enjoy!

DoomGyver

Put me in the camp that enjoyed the Radec fight on Elite. Felt so good.

Anyone else saving their double XP for the weekend?
more flesh >:)

X-Frame

I'm still curious about the Engineer's "hacking" ability ..

If an Engineer already has his own ground turret operating somewhere and then he goes to hack an enemy turret -- does his own ground turret auto-explode when he hacks the enemy turret or does he now have 2 turrets on the field?

Full Recovery said:
Put me in the camp that enjoyed the Radec fight on Elite. Felt so good.

Anyone else saving their double XP for the weekend?
more flesh >:)

Yeah - I loved the entire last battle including the Radec fight. The entire section was just nonstop intensity with pretty fair checkpoints. I had some trouble once the RL guys come out and the SMG guys start coming down from both sides, but it all felt pretty epic.

I too will be saving MP for the weekend to maximize the amount of experience I can get. Though I am concerned about spending any of those points in case GG decides to nerf any class. I hope that the 24hr period is based on an ingame clock and not just 24 real world hours after you initialize it. Though if it is the former then that is a lot of playtime to get 2x XP for.

X-Frame

the_prime_mover said:
Yeah - I loved the entire last battle including the Radec fight. The entire section was just nonstop intensity with pretty fair checkpoints. I had some trouble once the RL guys come out and the SMG guys start coming down from both sides, but it all felt pretty epic.

I too will be saving MP for the weekend to maximize the amount of experience I can get. Though I am concerned about spending any of those points in case GG decides to nerf any class. I hope that the 24hr period is based on an ingame clock and not just 24 real world hours after you initialize it. Though if it is the former then that is a lot of playtime to get 2x XP for.

The 24 hr double XP bonus is 24 hours in real-life time, not game time. I asked Seb this as soon as the pre-order bonuses were announced and he confirmed with someone from GG.

To anyone with the final build:

How's the health in multiplayer? It was far too low in the demo. And, are there any options to increase health as part of a custom game?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
X-Frame said:
The 24 hr double XP bonus is 24 hours in real-life time, not game time. I asked Seb this as soon as the pre-order bonuses were announced and he confirmed with someone from GG.

If it was real time, that'd be insane. Even with 24 real time, it's a huge jump on things.

commish said:
If it was real time, that'd be insane. Even with 24 real time, it's a huge jump on things.
Jeff from the us Playstation blog has confirmed that it is realtime. Also, he mentioned that the other bonuses might not stack so I would use them separately.

So what's changed online? Other than what was mentioned in the patch notes ofc.

If any Gaffers have KZ3 and some sort of capturing device and want to get some footage up then that would be much appreciated.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
pharmboy044 said:
Jeff from the us Playstation blog has confirmed that it is realtime. Also, he mentioned that the other bonuses might not stack so I would use them separately.

Yeah I meant game time would be crazy.

Victarion

Just won the Helghast Edition in the media event of Killzone 3 last night. It was hidden in a paintball field where Helghast where shooting at us and we had to find it. lol
I got shot in the ass couple of times but it was worth it.

Hco2x.jpg

chris121580

I've gone all out for this. I bought the move sports bundle at lunch since I didn't have the eye camera and have the sharpshooter gun pre-ordered that I can pick up at midnight with the game. Really looking forward to this.

Pandanaut

After playing the PS Home game I went ahead and redeemed my code. That won't cause any sort of hiccup tomorrow, will it? It doesn't appear on my download list or anywhere.

spats

Manticore said:
Just won the Helghast Edition in the media event of Killzone 3 last night. It was hidden in a paintball field where Helghast where shooting at us and we had to find it. lol

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. And congrats on winning the Hig edition! The helmet looks a lot better than I thought.

Pandanaut said:
After playing the PS Home game I went ahead and redeemed my code. That won't cause any sort of hiccup tomorrow, will it? It doesn't appear on my download list or anywhere.

of course it won't. just enter the code and you will have the bonus points when you log into the game.

spats said:
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. And congrats on winning the Hig edition! The helmet looks a lot better than I thought.

would make for a pretty cool vacuum attatchment

DoomGyver

Pandanaut said:
I redeemed my code and it is listed in the services section. Should just add 3 unlock points to your initial start.

Manticore said:

http://i.imgur.com/Hco2x.jpg
Manticore
Got shot in the ass by
a Helghast and enjoyed it.

(Today, 01:18 PM)
Reply | Quote

X-Frame

pharmboy044 said:

When you say not stack, how does that apply to people with the Amazon 3-bonus points plus getting the 3-bonus points from the Home game?

(I'm also getting the 24 hour code .. so I'll have 24 hours of Double XP plus 6-bonus points).

So I shouldn't redeem them at the same time?

X-Frame said:
When you say not stack, how does that apply to people with the Amazon 3-bonus points plus getting the 3-bonus points from the Home game?

(I'm also getting the 24 hour code .. so I'll have 24 hours of Double XP plus 6-bonus points).

So I shouldn't redeem them at the same time?
See it's very confusing. I don't actually know what he meant by it. Let me find his exact reply on the blog.
Edit:reread Jeff's post from Sunday and he was referring to the double xp and weapon unlock codes not stacking. Looks like the bonus points will stack. Sorry for the confusion.

DoomGyver

I would think the unlock points would stack. Since there are a few ways to get it. (Home, Amazon, Helghast edition, Slurpee rewards) but the 24 hour double XP would be iffy if it would stack. If you get two of the double xp I wouldn't risk stacking them, just let the first expire before entering the second.

Torgo

TrAcEr_x90 said:
servers better be working for this midnight launch or ill have hell to pay to 5 of my friends.

Servers went up about 2 hours ago.

Here are a couple more videos from the Botzone to show the maps

(Sorry, can get the youtube URL's here at work)

http://www.psnation.org/2011/02/21/killzone-3-multiplayer-map-akmir-snowdrift/
http://www.psnation.org/2011/02/21/killzone-3-multiplayer-map-bilgarsk-boulevard/

Also, I'll be streaming multiplayer tonight on our Justin.tv page. I'll probably get started at 7PM CST. Just search for "PS Nation" on Justin.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Are servers up globally or just for US? Also, do we have a final change log for 1.02? I this the one that fixes stamina?

X-Frame

Also, for the codes that give bonus points - does it propel you forward 3 ranks or do you get 3 points but are still a Level 1 with very quick ranking?

Enosh

DevelopmentArrested said:
Servers are up. Played three Warzone games. Pretty fun. Although loading/connecting times are slooow. Look who came last on my team:

javr4h.jpg
I watched the QL

the MP part was painfull to look at and god knows I am no expert in FPS games

will get KZ3 on friday ^^

spats

Will there be a dynamic KZ3 theme (or is there one already)? Red glowing eyes + blizzard would make an awesome one.

KingOfKong said:
kind of disappointing that they opened up the servers before release. i guess i need to find a shop that breaks street dates next time.
Why is that dissapointing exactly? A) it gives reviewers
like Jeff time to try the MP properly. B) a 12 hour headstart for players is really nothing

Top Bottom