• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

U2NUMB said:
I have looked over the OT 3-4 times and I can not find it listed.. so a hint would help. It is a massive thread.. Towards the top? Bottom?

It's in the description of the helghast edition and right under the steelbox picture.

DoomGyver

I'm pretty sure there will be a dynamic theme and psn avatars on the store along with the retro map pack. The CE dynamic theme can only be had with the CE/Helghast editions.

Cornbread78

Full Recovery said:
I redeemed my code and it is listed in the services section. Should just add 3 unlock points to your initial start.

Manticore
Got shot in the ass by
a Helghast and enjoyed it.

(Today, 01:18 PM)
Reply | Quote

Or

Manticore
Took it in the ass multiple times
for a Helghast Edition and enjoyed it.

(Today, 01:18 PM)
Reply | Quote[/QUOTE]

LOL, I can't wait, 8 1/2 more hours.....

LevityNYC

Banned
blurredvision said:
I just pre-ordered from Amazon due to the campaign demo. I skipped over KZ2 because of the demo, just didn't care for it. But KZ3 is just speaking to me, with it's 3D and Move support.

With the campaign demo, I've also noticed the weird colored line on the right side, but I honestly have paid it no attention. It doesn't bother me. I have not seen any "horizontal scan lines" though, the 3D looks great on my set. The campaign demo is about 100x better than the multiplayer beta in regards to ghosting, also.

At least I'm not crazy. What kind of TV do you have? Im very sensitive to scan lines. I returned my PSP 3000 within a week because of them.

LevityNYC said:
At least I'm not crazy. What kind of TV do you have? Im very sensitive to scan lines. I returned my PSP 3000 within a week because of them.

The 47" Vizio XVT3D. KZ3 is the only content I've seen that has the weird colored bar on the right side, but like I said, it's fairly thin and doesn't stand out at all. I don't see it unless I'm looking at that side of the screen. If it bothered me enough, I could always just stretch the picture off the side using my TV controls, much like stretching the picture vertically to get rid of the CC data "static" at the top of some SD programming.

wotter

Just completed the first eight levels of the SP campaign.
Imo one of the best graphics I've seen on PS3, sound deserves credit as well. Gunplay is fast and smoot, helghast take cover quickly and often toss grenades, killing them is so satisfying. The story is short, but easy to follow. Huge upgrade over KZ2, still need to try MP.

Commodore

I've been debating whether to gamefly (for the single player go through) this or to buy, after watching that engineer video, the multiplayer once more looks very interesting. Plus I'm getting a new panny plasma next month, tipping over to buy status...

Cornbread78

Commodore said:
I've been debating whether to gamefly (for the single player go through) this or to buy, after watching that engineer video, the multiplayer once more looks very interesting. Plus I'm getting a new panny plasma next month, tipping over to buy status...

Has great replayability online.... definately some value there. Gamefly is gerat for quicker games that have shortlifespans, lol

damn....gotta decide on if I'm really getting the helghast edition tonight. never spent so much on a videogame in my life. might still just get the regular version.

Violater

X-Frame said:
My KZ3 copy has shipped from Amazon. Oh baby .. Exo spawn camping here I come ..

I'll be in your base stealing your Exo's

Seriously I hope those damn things can be turned off in custom matches.

Sidzed2

Well, I put in a couple of hours of the single player campaign last night and reached the demo level (Icy Incursion) before switching off.

My first impressions of the game were very strong; I loved the opening couple of chapters for their intensity and focus on strong gunplay.

But then... it started going downhill a bit.
An on-rails chase sequence... followed by a restrictive sniping section... followed by mech suit action... followed by a stealth mission with weird mechanics... followed by another on-rails section which leads into the demo level.

It's literally been an hour and a half since the game has thrown anything like its first two levels at me. At this stage, I feel like the game might be losing its focus. I know the demo level is pretty solid, but does it come together after that? Because right now I'm feeling like I prefer the solid, narrow focus of Killzone 2 to the gear-shifting wonkiness of Killzone 3.

I'm at work right now, so can't play until later tonight. Do I have much to look forward to?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
moonspeak said:
can't wait to pick this up tomorrow!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-404-gt-tv/710764

there's like 1-2 seconds of what looks like a new indoor map?

fkn gorillas. this better be free.

those that have the game, do you recognize this?
O6hrS.jpg

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Did Amazon ever apply the $20 credit to people who ordered earlier at the lower price? Wondering if I made a mistake by reordering since I haven't gotten an email about it shipping yet. UPS is such shit in the southwest.

X-Frame

Mooreberg said:
Did Amazon ever apply the $20 credit to people who ordered earlier at the lower price? Wondering if I made a mistake by reordering since I haven't gotten an email about it shipping yet. UPS is such shit in the southwest.

If you read the Amazon page it should say that it takes a couple days before you get your e-mails for codes, credits, etc.

Thrakier

Sidzed2 said:
Well, I put in a couple of hours of the single player campaign last night and reached the demo level (Icy Incursion) before switching off.

My first impressions of the game were very strong; I loved the opening couple of chapters for their intensity and focus on strong gunplay.

But then... it started going downhill a bit. An on-rails chase sequence... followed by a restrictive sniping section... followed by mech suit action... followed by a stealth mission with weird mechanics... followed by another on-rails section which leads into the demo level.

It's literally been an hour and a half since the game has thrown anything like its first two levels at me. At this stage, I feel like the game might be losing its focus. I know the demo level is pretty solid, but does it come together after that? Because right now I'm feeling like I prefer the solid, narrow focus of Killzone 2 to the gear-shifting wonkiness of Killzone 3.

I'm at work right now, so can't play until later tonight. Do I have much to look forward to?

Spoiler that shit, man!

scoobs

just went back and played a little killzone 2... man you can really appreciate the improved graphics and engine in kz3 when u go back to kz2 lol. Game is an eye-sore compared to that kz3 demo.

Sidzed2

Thrakier said:
Spoiler that shit, man!

Apologies, have spoilered. It's not what I would have considered spoiler material, but I appreciate that some have different levels of sensitivity to that sort of thing...

evolution

Sidzed2 said:

But then... it started going downhill a bit. An on-rails chase sequence... followed by a restrictive sniping section... followed by mech suit action... followed by a stealth mission with weird mechanics... followed by another on-rails section which leads into the demo level.

The demo itself is not the whole level, theres much more too it. To answer your question the second half of the game is much better than the first. Everything kinda ramps up
after you rescue Narville

nib95

Banned
Sidzed2 said:

But then... it started going downhill a bit.
An on-rails chase sequence... followed by a restrictive sniping section... followed by mech suit action... followed by a stealth mission with weird mechanics... followed by another on-rails section which leads into the demo level.

I actually love the sections you highlighted. Imo the beginning is more floaty and light, just to get a feel for the game, get your bearings and take in the sights (works brilliantly). When it kicks in to the segments you described, I feel it really starts to show struggle, danger and a sense of panic. With just enough calmer moments in between to break it up. Like the
jungle level and junk yard

Didn't do a lot of searching before posting this, but I was just thinking that it would be cool to have a Move only clan.

Also wondering how many people are playing the game with the Move.

I played the SP and MP demos with it and can not go back now. I was holding strong at 1.5/1 Kill to death ratio as well. Also beat the SP demo on elite with no crosshair witht he move :)

So anyone loving the Move controls as much as me?

Top Bottom