• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Sethos said:
Disappointed by the fact the OST that's included with the CE is a code to download on the PSN - Not a separate disc. Is it possible to download, put on a USB stick and listen to on the PC or do I have to listen to it on the ... TV.
So far, PSN soundtracks have always been just a set of normal MP3 files that you could copy anywhere.

KingOfKong said:
playing with the Move in SP and MP from the start. Once it "clicked" in beta, I really don't see myself wanting to play with the DS3.
Will be the same for me (when i finally get the game... damn, gonna play the demo again today..)

Sethos

Banned
Lord Error said:
So far, PSN soundtracks have always been just a set of normal MP3 files that you could copy anywhere.

Hopefully :) Now I just have to wait a week or so as the code also activates my bonus 24h, won't waste it ...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The only things about MP that irk me so far are:

1. They have not patched in the sensitivity setting for aiming down the sites, so I can slow it down a bit without changing my base sensitivity.

2. Some of the guns feel like their bullets lose all damage over a certain range. You'll still hit a person, but it will do nothing.

3. I need squad chat.

Still trying to figure out how to add people to my clan. :p

Lol, this game has some audio issues, I left a cutscene on pause for 5 minutes, and when I restarted the voices were 2 seconds off. Not huge gripe but definitely annoying.

owlbeak

So...Killzone.com posted the "Zero day" patch changelist, but it's clearly the changelist from a closed/open beta patch, right? None of that stuff is what was on the changelist we were given after the open beta and most of it was already changed in the open beta (weapon loadouts).

darkwing

upJTboogie said:
Lol, this game has some audio issues, I left a cutscene on pause for 5 minutes, and when I restarted the voices were 2 seconds off. Not huge gripe but definitely annoying.

this was not fixed in the latest patch? i thought i read it somewhere in a patch note they fixed the not syncing of voices

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just finished the campaign on Vet. Took 8ish hours. It was pretty easy, nothing really ridiculously hard like some sections in KZ2. I really don't understand the reviews that docked points for the story. It wasn't hard to follow, made sense, had interesting characters, and it moved at a brisk pace.

A few glitches here and there, and you can really tell that GG listened to the complainers. Heavy lock on, Kolorzone levels. The jungle was the highlight for me.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm up to the demo area in the campaign, and I have to say, where are all of these complaints about the story coming from?

It's not groundbreaking stuff, but it's far better than a lot of other dudebro stories out there (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, etc.). I actually like most of the characters: even Rico, who redeems himself this time around. Also, the behind-the-scenes political turmoil surrounding the Helghan regime is pretty exciting, to be honest (at least up to now).

I didn't get my XP bonus nor the Map pack for preordering from Bestbuy, seriously wtfisthisshit.jpeg. I didn't check the preorder receipt for the code but when I got the game, they gave me a new receipt and took the old one. Pretty stupid if it was on that paper.

Can I still get it through the 7/11 promotion? Hopefully someone can give me a slurpee code (I already have 4 points, need 6 more), cause I don't have any in my area.

nib95

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I just finished the campaign on Vet. Took 8ish hours. It was pretty easy, nothing really ridiculously hard like some sections in KZ2. I really don't understand the reviews that docked points for the story. It wasn't hard to follow, made sense, had interesting characters, and it moved at a brisk pace.

A few glitches here and there, and you can really tell that GG listened to the complainers. Heavy lock on, Kolorzone levels. The jungle was the highlight for me.

MrOogieBoogie said:
I'm up to the demo area in the campaign, and I have to say, where are all of these complaints about the story coming from?

It's not groundbreaking stuff, but it's far better than a lot of other dudebro stories out there (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, etc.). I actually like most of the characters: even Rico, who redeems himself this time around. Also, the behind-the-scenes political turmoil surrounding the Helghan regime is pretty exciting, to be honest (at least up to now).

I think this is going to be a common observation. I did say early on after my first play through that this would be a game that really raised the eye brows of gamers towards certain journalists and/or gaming review sites. I don't think another fps has highlighted the extreme hypocrisy among journalists quite as much as this one.

fernoca

Lion Heart said:
I didn't get my XP bonus nor the Map pack for preordering from Bestbuy, seriously wtfisthisshit.jpeg. I didn't check the preorder receipt for the code but when I got the game, they gave me a new receipt and took the old one. Pretty stupid if it was on that paper.

Can I still get it through the 7/11 promotion? Hopefully someone can give me a slurpee code (I already have 4 points, need 6 more), cause I don't have any in my area.
Contact Best Buy customer service.
They were supposed to scan an UPC upon picking your copy of the game.
Many people reported similar problems ,and it was just a matter of contacting the store. Either they tell the code through phone number or send the code to the email you provided upon preordering the game.

Slurpee map-codes are not available yet.

JWong

Banned
Started the game with Move, but, man, my arm gets tired... even if it's laid down like if I was playing with my controller.

Atruvius

I have one pre order code. It should give you the retro map pack and three unlock points. It's for EU Store. First one to quote me gets it.

pixelbox

All I got to say is that this game requires HEAVY teamwork. This game really falls apart (deliberate) without it. The level design and it's classes demands Marksmen on point, Engi's setting bots in place, medics nearby, Tacts supported, and infiltrators sabotaging. For all of the ones complaining about level design, you people need to stop, slowdown, and pair up and communicate. Simple as that.

amar212 said:
Guys, I will never stop to repeat this:

If you have finished the game on any setting, go to OPTIONS and select either GERMAN or RUSSIAN for the next playtrough.

Since you know what you should do, language will be no obstacle to advancement. And voice-acting in both Russian and German voiceovers gives a game totally another dimension.

Whoa! They actually have Russian voiceovers? Score. Turning it on. However, I speak Russian... so it may not have the desired effect of having them sound scary.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
pixelbox said:
All I got to say is that this game requires HEAVY teamwork. This game really falls apart (deliberate) without it. The level design and it's classes demands Marksmen on point, Engi's setting bots in place, medics nearby, Tacts supported, and infiltrators sabotaging. For all of the ones complaining about level design, you people need to stop, slowdown, and pair up and communicate. Simple as that.

Yeah, it's great that they have a wonderful squad system that makes it work well. Oh wait. They removed that. I agree that it requires a lot of teamwork, but like I said before, that's great for organized clans and whatnot. Playing with pubbies just makes it a little frustrating.

Atruvius said:
I have one pre order code. It should give you the retro map pack and three unlock points. It's for EU Store. First one to quote me gets it.

I'll take it if it works with NA version, otherwise, thanks anyway.

fernoca said:
Contact Best Buy customer service.
They were supposed to scan an UPC upon picking your copy of the game.
Many people reported similar problems ,and it was just a matter of contacting the store. Either they tell the code through phone number or send the code to the email you provided upon preordering the game.

Slurpee map-codes are not available yet.

Thanks for the help, do you know if this is true for Canada buyers as well?

Angst

Atruvius said:
First? Yay! :D

I'm in EU so I would love it!

fernoca

Lion Heart said:
Thanks for the help, do you know if this is true for Canada buyers as well?
For Canada, I don't know. :p
The posts I've seen, mostly refer to "Best Buy", don't say which. But the problem seems to be common across all of them. Just try and contact the store you got it by phone, remember the email you used when you preordered (they will ask for it) and wait for their response.

Hopefully it's the same over there.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Borrowed a friend's PS3 so I can play through the campaign while mine's in for repair. I did a couple Botzone matches so I can get my move settings dialed in. Now that they feel perfect, I can't wait to dive into the campaign. Too bad I have class in half an hour :(

pixelbox said:

100 percetn agree. When I played with 5 of my friends and we all go out classes down pat. We were dominating, and once in awhile wed have some amazing gamesing going against another team that knew what they were doing too. thats when it is just so fun! its just like battlefield really.

Sporran

man im so pissed, i keep coming in here, reading and reading more. I sooooo want it now.

the 25th cant come soon enough :( bar stewarts

Oh well MAG for tonights entertainment

I just finished it on normal (I forget the killzone name for it) and it was one of the worst campaigns I've played in a shooter.

-Unbalanced. Why am I constantly getting gunned down almost instantly like in a call of duty game on veteran? It wouldn't be a huge issue if each helghast didn't take 100 shots to kill. I don't want to hear "ohhh turn it to easy". No, you balance your game to be not too hard and not too easy on Normal, that's what it's there for.

-bad friendly AI. "sorry Sev I can't reach you". Fuck off Rico, you're 2 feet away from me! Also, why are you shooting a wall?

-bad hit detection. When I'm shooting through a broken car, the only cover in site to stop me from getting 2 shotted again, why are my bullets bouncing off an invisble wall where the windows go?

-buggy. Rico got stuck several times when I needed him to move to access a computer, forcing a restart each time. If you pause during a cutscene, the lip synching becomes as much as 3 seconds off. I saw a grenade get stuck in mid air and teleport forward right into my face.

-too many on rails sections. I thought I was playing Killzone not Time Crisis. I don't mind a few but man they went overboard.

The story wasn't anything special either. It wasn't hard to understand, just completely forgettable. It was your typical over the top save the world with 2-3 super human people BS. I found myself battling the controls too, whether it was staying stuck to cover when I wanted to pull off or trying to get into what the game considers to be cover (crates that are taller than me are not cover apparently, only ones that leave half my body exposed to fire)

It had moments of fun, but it was tarnished by all the bad stuff. I wanted to test out multiplayer too but the campaign was so bad I'm too pissed to play right now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the enemies were anything but bullet sponges. On-rails sections maybe make up 30-40 minutes of gameplay.

Lion Heart said:

I picked up the game yesterday, didn't get the email with the codes until today. Give it 24 hours, then call customer service and they'll send you one.

kitch9

Banned
JWong said:
Started the game with Move, but, man, my arm gets tired... even if it's laid down like if I was playing with my controller.

I'd Join a gym if my arms struggled to carry their own weight.

Sporran said:
man im so pissed, i keep coming in here, reading and reading more. I sooooo want it now.

the 25th cant come soon enough :( bar stewarts

Oh well MAG for tonights entertainment
fuck it, i'm going Obi Wan Kenobi on all stores tomorrow. I'm using my superiour mind control on them so they will sell me the game wihtout hesitation.

reKon

Banned
all this over reacting is really tarnishing this thread. It's ok to vent a little and voice where you feel GG didn't deliver, but I find it very annoying when I start to play the actual game and realize how fucking stupid people can sound with the nitpicking. Oh well, I guess this is what to expect from good games with flaws..

tmacairjordan87 said:

Sounds like you had it in for this game from the jump. If you thought this game was COD hard on Veteran, then you must have just started playing FPS games. Yeah there are some glitches here and there, no game is perfect, but you seem to be going overboard with the criticism here. Too each his own; I'm really enjoying it.

Bread

Banned
JWong said:
2mx2vcw.gif

Rikyfree

reKon said:
all this over reacting is really tarnishing this thread. It's ok to vent a little and voice where you feel GG didn't deliver, but I find it very annoying when I start to play the actual game and realize how fucking stupid people can sound with the nitpicking. Oh well, I guess this is what to expect from good games with flaws..
Yup. After playing it and then hearing the complaints, I'm about to call this game really underrated.

CozMick

Banned
JWong said:

Don't even think about picking up The Fight: Lights Out.

That shit had my whole body aching for days after a few hours of gameplay.

Just started this game and I couldn't believe my eyes, I spent a good 20 minutes in the tutorial section just looking around, the graphics are amazing!!

reKon said:

There are just as many people putting the game on too high of a pedestal. You take the good with the bad. The biggest problem with these threads is that most everyone will read one post and take it to heart, like the person is the be-all, end-all authority on whatever they're talking about.

Rikyfree said:
Yup. After playing it and then hearing the complaints, I'm about to call this game really underrated.
what? it seems to be selling good and scored pretty well. The game isnt overrated or underrated. it's a good game with a lot of flaws and questionable design choices.

indigodomino said:
Just started this game and I couldn't believe my eyes, I spent a good 20 minutes in the tutorial section just looking around, the graphics are amazing!!
you're doing it wrong junior. You should say something negative about either:
- framerate
- jaggies
- art direction
- call of duty
- the story

Now, let's do this one more time:
What did you think of the first half hour?

Rikyfree

fuzzyreactor said:
what? it seems to be selling good and scored pretty well. The game isnt overrated or underrated. it's a good game with a lot of flaws and questionable design choices.
Coming from your posts I would have thought that it was a steaming pile of shit.

Sethos

Banned
Just managed to squeeze in an hour of the campaign and boy, what an improvement over Killzone 2. I'm really hooked, the surroundings look fantastic and the gunplay is spot-on.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Saw the patch today, wasn't the one I was expecting.

Anyone know when they are patching in sensitivity adjustment for aiming down the sights, as well as squad party chat?

alterno69

Banned
I can't play anything but warzone, the game really shines when playing as a team and the different objectives make the match really dinamic, you play all over the maps whichalso are much better in warzone. I hated most maps at first playing bodycount but now i aprecciate mos of them.

Loving the tactician, i run around capturing the spawns as soon as the match begin, defending them and stuff. Great great mp and much more balanced than K2 imo.

Huff

Banned
Just finished the co-op on hard and had an awesome time. We finished the game in about 6 hours, but I can see how playing the game solo would really change the strategy and time to finish certain sections.

I don't really have any complaints. Thought the final battle was a little anticlimactic but I didn't feel let down at all. The pacing felt great, and I didn't mind being on the edge of my seat for the entire ride.

Really looking forward to getting into the MP once my roommate wakes up and lets me get on his PS3.

Kuroyume

Banned
Don't plan on getting this game but keeping an eye on the thread since I loved KZ2. I have a few questions:

01. What was the name of the map from the public beta?

02. Keep reading that Rico redeems himself. What does he do? Die being heroic or something like that?

03. People asked for Blood Gracht to return from KZ2? Really?

Top Bottom