• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Facism

DMeisterJ said:
If you're playing Salamun or Blood Gracht it isn't there, but other than that, press square, and huzzah!

nice one you guys, i'll have a look for it next time.

[edit] gg need to get over this trend of making one map warzone and one map TDM. Warzone IS the multiplayer mode. You should have every map built for it.

Negaiido

X-Frame said:
Nope, but the first map pack DLC for KZ2 (Steel & Titanium) didn't come out until April 30th .. so that was 2 months post-KZ2's release.

Who knows, this mappack might just be announced but will not release for another month or so.
Off course not Sony and GG are greedy

darkwing

KZ3 Move bundle

Killzone3Move.PNG

ultron87

James-Ape said:
-Jammer didn't die

Thank goodness you put this spoiler tag in the way you had it in your original post.
I never could've guessed what 3-letter verb Jammer did not do.

i for one am excited for the map pack, and i dont mind it being announced so soon..... i personally hate having to wait two or three months for add ons to be announced, let alone released.

one thing i do wish they would do is open up all the maps for any game mode.....im sure that will happen though.....enough people on killzone.com are complaining about it.

Negaiido

boredofcanada said:
i for one am excited for the map pack, and i dont mind it being announced so soon..... i personally hate having to wait two or three months for add ons to be announced, let alone released.

one thing i do wish they would do is open up all the maps for any game mode.....im sure that will happen though.....enough people on killzone.com are complaining about it.

I think it's more because of the bugs in the game rather then it's very early. If I were GG I would fix the bugs before releasing new content because I doubt that people would buy content for games full with bugs.

fixuis

ultron87 said:
Thank goodness you put this spoiler tag here. I never could've guessed what 3-letter verb Jammer did not do.

Thanks for spoiling it for everyone :/ his spoiler tag was small so it could have been anything but you just had to elaborate on it..

ultron87

fixuis said:
Thanks for spoiling it for everyone :/ his spoiler tag was small so it could have been anything but you just had to elaborate on it..

Apologies. I edited my post to make it less spoilery.

yeah umm thanks for that spoiler.

goddamnit what the fuck? i always thought NeoGAF was one of the few gaming forums where i could avoid spoilers :(

edit: not a huge thing though, i'm certainly not gonna play KZ3 for the story heh.

alterno69

Banned
About those maps, i'm sorry but i'm getting them day one, sure it's a shaddy practice but i want as much variety as possible in my games. What i do hate is not having all e maps open for every game mode, fix that shit gorilla.

Negaiido said:
I think it's more because of the bugs in the game rather then it's very early. If I were GG I would fix the bugs before releasing new content because I doubt that people would buy content for games full with bugs.

there are complaints that its too early....i guess it means the maps could have been on the disc....who knows if they could have been on it....they may have been working on them since the game went gold?

yeah the game has bugs but it's still fun to play, and from what i have seen GG do plan to fix them......i just find it funny that so many people are expecting so much when the game has been out what three days now?

James-Ape

show some balls, man
ultron87 said:
Thank goodness you put this spoiler tag in the way you had it in your original post.
I never could've guessed what 3-letter verb Jammer did not do.

fixed now, apologies to everyone :)

Negaiido

boredofcanada said:
there are complaints that its too early....i guess it means the maps could have been on the disc....who knows if they could have been on it....they may have been working on them since the game went gold?

yeah the game has bugs but it's still fun to play, and from what i have seen GG do plan to fix them......i just find it funny that so many people are expecting so much when the game has been out what three days now?

A normal process of software engineering is:

image1.gif

If you look at that you see that testing must be done during the development. Testing is the most important stage of the whole development. If they just extended the release date then all those bugs could've been fixed.

Negaiido said:

image1.gif

If you look at that you see that testing must be done during the development. Testing is the most important stage of the whole development. If they just extended the release date then all those bugs could've been fixed.

that's most likely sony's fault though. interesting graph by the way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Negaiido said:

image1.gif

you're missing off the part where the software gets focus tested and/or marketing randomly decides it needs more unicorns/sparkles, and totally fucks with your schedule.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Negaiido said:

http://s2e.teipir.gr/image/image1.gif[IMG]

If you look at that you see that testing must be done during the development. Testing is the most important stage of the whole development. If they just extended the release date then all those bugs could've been fixed.[/QUOTE]

One would think that longer development means less bugs and stuff being wrong, but there are tons of games that are in development for a long time and ship with missing features, bugs, and the like. Look at GT5. A longer development does not mean a bug free game, and a shorter development does not mean a bug-full game.

StuBurns

Banned
mrklaw said:
you're missing off the part where the software gets focus tested and/or marketing randomly decides it needs more unicorns/sparkles, and totally fucks with your schedule.
Robot unicorn is incredible dude.

Halcyon

So I got enough ranks to unlock all of the medic class stuff last night. Having a blast with the move controls. I don't think im really that amazing of a player, but I think with move im alot better than with the ds3 in kz2.

My k/d ratio is I think above 1. I still have bad matches but its mostly due to me making alot of bad choices as opposed to being outshot in 1on1 situations. I think that's the biggest advantage to the move. I can get my reticle on dudes and fire immediately when I see them. There's always been that disconnect for me with kz2 and ds3. I've been regularly getting 5+ kill streaks which I know would not happen with ds3 for me. Ive also been getting more first/second place in points than I remember in kz2. Move is also great for spotting stuff. Ill quickly trace walkways and areas in the distance looking for red. You can find lots of cloaked snipers that way.

So count me into the people who love this game. I even love the crazy colors on the maps. Looks great on my aquos tv.

Facism

alterno69 said:
About those maps, i'm sorry but i'm getting them day one, sure it's a shaddy practice but i want as much variety as possible in my games. What i do hate is not having all e maps open for every game mode, fix that shit gorilla.

that's fair enough, nobody is telling you how to spend your money :)

Be aware, however, that GG's implementation of DLC maps is pretty similar to how they did it in KZ2, so expect the new maps to be played for a week and half before everyone gets frustrated that they can't play with their friends in a standard rotation playlist. KZ2's map packs literally died on release.

Played a few rounds on salamun today. Whilst it's nowhere near as great as the KZ2 original, it's a hell of a lot better than the 4 stock maps i've suffered through so far. 2 spawns per team plus 4 TSPs works well enough. all maps should have 4 TSPs. The frustration of being a tactician on Salamun is greatly reduced than on the other maps.

I can see HGH Industries working out well enough with the way KZ3 does things.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm surprised Rumble is on by default with Move. Turning it off has made a HUGE difference. Move is not a...struggle anymore. I'm headshotting people with the sniper rifle so easily. So much more fun.

darkwing

Y2Kev said:
I'm surprised Rumble is on by default with Move. Turning it off has made a HUGE difference. Move is not a...struggle anymore. I'm headshotting people with the sniper rifle so easily. So much more fun.

yup thanks to TTP's suggestion to turn it off, its a world of difference, it works in other games like Sports Champions but not here

I have no problem with early DLC at all (Though bugs are a bit different). When I buy a game (or anything, really), I'm paying for that product. I'm not paying for "Everything these guys did during the last 2 years", or whatever other arbitrary time period I want to choose. If I don't want to pay for a game with 8 maps, I don't have to. If I choose to, I can then pay more for more maps, again, if I want to. But how long things took them to do has nothing to do with whether or not I think the final product is worth £40 or not, and that's the only basis upon which I make a judgment on whether or not to buy something.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My main problem with the game is the fact that I seem to be one of the few people who realize how important it is to get the TSPs. 95% of players seem content in not getting them and letting the other team have them. Drives me insane. I swear 50% of my deaths so far in 23 hours of play are me trying to capture TSPs by myself.

Also, I am starting to see more and more and more Marksmen, but as front line fighters and not snipers. I guess it makes sense... why not when you get a great assault rifle and the ability to cloak and the ability to stay off of radar completely and not be picked up by a tactician's sweep? Not sure what the downside to the class is, to be honest.

While I'm bitching, just wanted to reiterate that not being able to join a clanmate's game is the dumbest thing I've seen in this game yet. I know the game was rushed and all, but this is a pretty damn basic feature.

commish

Kaltagesta said:
I have no problem with early DLC at all (Though bugs are a bit different). When I buy a game (or anything, really), I'm paying for that product. I'm not paying for "Everything these guys did during the last 2 years", or whatever other arbitrary time period I want to choose. If I don't want to pay for a game with 8 maps, I don't have to. If I choose to, I can then pay more for more maps, again, if I want to. But how long things took them to do has nothing to do with whether or not I think the final product is worth £40 or not, and that's the only basis upon which I make a judgment on whether or not to buy something.

My problem is not with the DLC, it's with the fact that game has issues that should be worked out first before trying to get $10 more from my wallet.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Kaltagesta said:

wow.I am surprised to finally see some common sense here.

Negaiido

mrklaw said:

Well correctly testing/fixing the product takes more time then actually making the product. I doubt marketing has anything to do with the whole cycle. Marketing doesn't have anything to say about the end product, only the chief (don't know which one) decides whether the product is good enough or not.

owlbeak

commish said:
My main problem with the game is the fact that I seem to be one of the few people who realize how important it is to get the TSPs. 95% of players seem content in not getting them and letting the other team have them. Drives me insane. I swear 50% of my deaths so far in 23 hours of play are me trying to capture TSPs by myself.
I always played Tactician in KZ2 and still do in KZ3. It's the only class I've maxed out and played. All I do is capture and hold TSP's that are most advantageous to the current mission. I usually end up on the lower end of the leaderboards, but without me doing it, our team wouldn't win so there is a bit of satisfaction there. But yeah, it's a pain that not more people capture them. I'd love to actually go after objectives from time to time.

darkwing

Horsebite said:
I always played Tactician in KZ2 and still do in KZ3. It's the only class I've maxed out and played. All I do is capture and hold TSP's that are most advantageous to the current mission. I usually end up on the lower end of the leaderboards, but without me doing it, our team wouldn't win so there is a bit of satisfaction there. But yeah, it's a pain that not more people capture them. I'd love to actually go after objectives from time to time.

to me the Tactician is the most important member in the team, in some maps you can literally spawn camp the enemy lols

Facism

commish said:

Also, I am starting to see more and more and more Marksmen, but as front line fighters and not snipers. I guess it makes sense... why not when you get a great assault rifle and the ability to cloak and the ability to stay off of radar completely and not be picked up by a tactician's sweep? Not sure what the downside to the class is, to be honest.

While I'm bitching, just wanted to reiterate that not being able to join a clanmate's game is the dumbest thing I've seen in this game yet. I know the game was rushed and all, but this is a pretty damn basic feature.

this is my issue as a tact too. S5M needs to aggressively prejudice cloaked players.

I think 50 points for capturing a spawn is miserly. They really need to reduce points for kills and increase points for some objectives. Reinsitute the bonus-point zones around S&D and C&H locations to encourage people to actually play the gametypes.

commish

Facism said:
this is my issue as a tact too. S5M needs to aggressively prejudice cloaked players.

I think 50 points for capturing a spawn is miserly. They really need to reduce points for kills and increase points for some objectives. Reinsitute the bonus-point zones around S&D and C&H locations to encourage people to actually play the gametypes.

Bonus points for doing things around the objectives is the easiest way to encourage players to do it. Why GG did not do this, I don't understand... And 50 points for capturing a TSP or reviving someone is just way too low. One melee kill is worth capturing THREE TSPs? Seriously? I don't like those incentives. I am tired of seeing my teammates running away FROM objectives (yes, clan play helps with these issues).

Xater

Y2Kev said:

I thought the Exo sequence was pretty much unplayable on the Move with rumble turned on.

sajj316

Just ordered KZ3 (waited on more impressions once it was finally released) along with the Sharpshooter.

Can't wait ... will be using with Socom 4 as well!!

oneHeero

For Move/Sharpshooter users;

How often do you re-calibrate via kz option screen? I feel like I have to recalibrate 5x a game, then again between rounds. Whenever I switch weapons basically. Most times I play through it til the cursor drifts wildly off. But when its on point and accurate, I say damn this is good. When it drifts off I can still manage but feels more mouse (aim) like then gun like.

What am I doing wrong that it constantly drifts? I thought it needed to be charged but they are fully charged. I saw TTPs video but still not sure what he means.

My PSeye is on top of my TV and I sit on a chair so I'm leveled with the TV not the camera. I have the camera point a lil lower and I have it in the middle of the TV and I sit in the middle of the TV as well, about 6-7 ft. Once calibrated, shouldnt I be able to move about and play? Like on Sports Champion, or do I have to stay sitting in my exact spot?

When I calibrate the gun, do I point at the camera or at the TV?

I really am enjoying the game a lot.

James-Ape said:
didn't they blow up those nukes pretty soon after they got them? I guess it seems like a little oversight to me, if they have enough nukes to put them on some random spaceship why do they need that green stuff etc. etc.

It didn't make any sense to me, but I just assumed the called them nukes when in fact they were petrocite warheads. The devastation at the end was merely the result of Helghan having so much petrocite on it... If this is the case though, then GG probably should have changed the wording to warhead or missile instead of nuke.

nib95

Banned
Cyberia said:

Ok, I'm not gonna lie. They look PHENOMENAL. Especially junkyard, at night, in the rain. But seriously, GG can go fuck themselves.

I'm already a bit disappointed with the maps in the game, and the number of them. Then there's the two retro maps that people with non CE's have to buy. Now these two that clearly SHOULD have just been included in the game.

Stuff like this puts me off supporting these devs altogether. You guys know I'm a huge KZ fan, and have been championing the game, but this is too much.

I was just thinking. If anyone doesn't care at all about being in the Socom beta, I'd love to get a code. I need some hands on before I decide if Socom 4 stands up

Grisby

Finished it up last night. One of the most disappointing last levels of any game I have played in a while.

A literal boring corridor with an awful on rails section at the end. You don't even get to see the awesome sky boxes of the previous levels. The
gravity sections were kinda neat but on the first one checkpointed me surrounded by flying drones. So I had to run back but the gravity made me go slower and when I jumped I might as well have been a flesh piñata.
All of that topped off by an awful ending. Like Halo 2 style, except instead of pumping me up and faking me out it just made me feel bad.

I mean, your
nuke chain reacts an entire planet and Sev goes, "How many people were down there?" End. What?

I feel like Guerrilla lost a lot of the heart that the original KZ had. True, the two sequels play a lot better and most of the jank is gone. That's the most important thing but instead of making more fun encounters I feel they played it safe and boring. That goes for both sequels. I'll remember the different characters and alternate weapon firing for the first game and the invasion story/graphics of the second but what of this?

If you have a PS3 this is the premiere FPS exclusive to get on it. Guerrilla should be proud of the technical achievement that they created. The MP is a lot of fun and there are some good moments in the SP. However, if somehow, this was the last Killzone game I wouldn't remember it. It just fizzled. The single player campaign deserved more than it got here.

This is a glitchy motherfucker.

I have sound errors, framerate dips, random jittering between objectives etc. I shot a Hig and he was spazzing out against a wall continually screaming 'YAH-ARGH' over and over.

Level planning is a bit shit too, especially the endings. Its like the level designer and scenario planners just said 'Fuck it, lets end it there and go to a cutscene'.

Even the opening CG movie has an awful line at the end that feels totally out of place. It doesn't even sound natural in the way it was delivered.

Sethos

Banned
First multiplayer experience: What a pile of ... Honestly, this beats MW2 in being frustrating and random as hell. Never before have I seen such uncontrolled chaos that isn't even fun in the gaming sense, just stupid. Got spawned 5 times in the same open area where the enemies were camped out - Died all 5, my jaw was on the floor. At the start of the map, you have to be afraid of the enemy just gunning across the map and punching your lights out within 3 seconds! Not to mention all this disguise and stealth crap.

Spawn system is wonky as hell, pace of the game is really weird and you play that stupid jungle map over and over and over again. Ended up Top 3 every round but it didn't feel like it, I felt more frustration than satisfaction. There is actually little to no satisfaction to be found in multiplayer, only headaches and veins popping.

I can see why some people like, okay not really but game certainly isn't for me - Just don't have the patience for this kind of thing.

NullPointer said:
Right there with you, and if it keeps going this route I don't see the allure in shooters, no matter how much production value they throw at them.

In the past few years I've played Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Bad Company 2 and Killzone 3 and for the life of me they all seem like the same damn campaign with different coats of paint. Its gotten to the point where its all done by the numbers, with each type of level or mission dutifully ticked off the "modern mainstream shooter" checklist, so that even the biggest explosions and set pieces end up feeling as sterile as watching daytime TV.

There were areas where Killzone showed its own identity amidst the crowd, but you have to squint to see it sometimes in the latest game.

Every level in Bioshock felt exactly the same...every damn level...I enjoyed the game, but the only variety in the game was purely visual...I enjoyed the story and world design well enough...

StuBurns

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
This is a glitchy motherfucker.

I have sound errors, framerate dips, random jittering between objectives etc. I shot a Hig and he was spazzing out against a wall continually screaming 'YAH-ARGH' over and over.

Level planning is a bit shit too, especially the endings. Its like the level designer and scenario planners just said 'Fuck it, lets end it there and go to a cutscene'.

Even the opening CG movie has an awful line at the end that feels totally out of place. It doesn't even sound natural in the way it was delivered.
Pretty much my opinion.

Right near the end all my guys were shooting in what appeared to be an empty room, they wouldn't move on to the lift that exited the area, I was walking around trying to hit a scripting trigger and I couldn't find one, then I saw a guy's head on the floor, but it was the full guy alive running on the spot under the floor with just his head sticking up, I shot him and it triggered the guys to move on. Bizarre.

KZ2 (while inferior for me) was really well polished I think. I didn't have a single issue playing it.

Top Bottom