• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone feel like when you first spawn in a game in TDM, you and your enemies spawn in the same place? I swear to God, I got shot in the back in a new game in the first 2 seconds.

Nightz

Mikey Jr. said:
Anyone feel like when you first spawn in a game in TDM, you and your enemies spawn in the same place? I swear to God, I got shot in the back in a new game in the first 2 seconds.
Yup that's happened to me a bunch of times. They need to fix that.

StuBurns said:
KZ2 (while inferior for me) was really well polished I think. I didn't have a single issue playing it.

Indeed. I really enjoyed KZ2, so the lack of polish in KZ3 is pissing me off quite a bit. KZ3 feels like its lost of the atmosphere that KZ2 had. I think this needed another 6 months or so to just polish everything.

Its not like Sony needed to rush this out the door anyway. This could have came out next Feb and I'd be happy as they have tons of games releasing this year.

It looks excellent, its a real shame it doesn't run excellent.

njean777

Galvanise_ said:
Indeed. I really enjoyed KZ2, so the lack of polish in KZ3 is pissing me off quite a bit. KZ3 feels like its lost of the atmosphere that KZ2 had. I think this needed another 6 months or so to just polish everything.

Its not like Sony needed to rush this out the door anyway. This could have came out next Feb and I'd be happy as they have tons of games releasing this year.

It looks excellent, its a real shame it doesn't run excellent.

Hmm I have noticed that the game is buggy as hell when I'm not in a match but when I am in one it seems to run just fine.

HooCares

Neo Member
commish said:
My main problem with the game is the fact that I seem to be one of the few people who realize how important it is to get the TSPs. 95% of players seem content in not getting them and letting the other team have them. Drives me insane. I swear 50% of my deaths so far in 23 hours of play are me trying to capture TSPs by myself.

Also, I am starting to see more and more and more Marksmen, but as front line fighters and not snipers. I guess it makes sense... why not when you get a great assault rifle and the ability to cloak and the ability to stay off of radar completely and not be picked up by a tactician's sweep? Not sure what the downside to the class is, to be honest.

While I'm bitching, just wanted to reiterate that not being able to join a clanmate's game is the dumbest thing I've seen in this game yet. I know the game was rushed and all, but this is a pretty damn basic feature.

Agreed regarding TSP's. Many games I'm the only Tac on my team. All I have time for his capping TSP's and not doing the objectives. We win most of the games I'm Tac. When I try another roll I can get more points but we lose more.

Love the Tactician.

Here are some of the things GG is putting in the next patch:

Guerilla Games will be patching back in custom games back into Killzone 3 as well as many other exciting details that made multiplayer in Killzone 2 great for community matches in a two patch process sometime soon.
Guerrilla Warfare matches are too short!

Agreed. We are currently playtesting new time and kill limits. These changes will make it out in a patch sometime soon.

Custom games

Custom games are returning, although not exactly as they were in KZ2. Two separate updates will be arriving to allow custom games. The first will provide the base functionality, such as

- Custom game modes and settings.
- Secure games allowing you to invite the players you want to play with.
- Faction switching.
The second update will give more much more functionality, some examples include
- More control over games modes and settings.
- Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
- Selecting which careers you want available to players.
- Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off.
As well as a few other features. More details to follow.

Preorder and unlock voucher codes aren’t working correctly.

Investigations are currently ongoing into the issues relating to unlock/pre order bonuses.

Repeated Blood Gracht & Salamun Market matches.

We’ve already identified the cause of this problem, it is related to the ‘ANY” map selection preference, and we should be able to get a fix out soon in one of upcoming patches. In the meantime if you get trapped repeatedly playing either Blood Gracht or Salamun Market, you can quit your game, then within Find Match > Map Selection, choose a non DLC map. The game will place you into the map you have selected when you attempt to join a game, and once your match is finished, map voting will happen as normal and you can vote on whatever map you wish. We understand this isn’t an ideal solution and will try and get this resolved a.s.a.p.

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...eturning-in-next-Killzone-3-patch/td-p/730711

Arnie

Just reached the
snow bit where Rico rescues Sev
, so far I'm enjoying it but can't help laughing at some of the "best shooter this gen" comments. The game's good, but at the moment I probably prefer KZ2, I felt the start to this game was really weak. Luckily I've read some people say the second half is better than the first, so I'm looking forward to playing more. One section which really blew me away was
the stealth section through the jungle on the way to the radio transmitter, it's just a shame that they threw the stealth mechanics out of the window after the transmission and made me backtrack through the entire level.

Worst bit so far was
that Exo bit in the city, there was too much clutter on the screen for me to spot where I was getting hit from and the rumbling of the Exo itself didn't help. Just found it highly frustrating, especially as I saw the whole section as a way to change the "pacing" despite the game not really needing it.

Going to play more later but I think it's time for a break.

beast786

Arnie said:
but can't help laughing at some of the "best shooter this gen" comments.

well, people can have different opinions. I find nothing funny about that at all.

15d3wo8.jpg

The game doesn't really manage to pull me in. The levels and fights are very conventionally set-up and the story and world feel flat.

I decided to continue playing with the DS3 because the Move made me cramp up (figuratively). Aiming is wonderful but making bigger movements like the melee attack often makes me lose control of the camera.

Hixx

Game crashed my system before I could even start the update to 1.03, I thought it was going to YLoD for a second... Just reached the river and having more fun than I did in KZ2 though, and the lack of headache inducing visuals is great, I couldn't play KZ2 for more than an hour at a time without getting a really bad head. Like the new aiming the speed and weight feel right, do not like what is seemingly the complete lack of recoil when ADS.

Well, the single player is fantastic (so far). I think that makes me feel even more bitter about the multiplayer. I've never been burnt this badly by a game before :(

Just finished it. For the first hour/hour and a half I was having fun but was a little underwhelmed and thought Killzone 2 was better. Steadily got better and better though and by the end I was hoping it wouldn't end! The
space battles
were fantastic and the non-stop action made it even better.

Going to jump into MP later tonight or tomorrow. Had a lot of fun with the KZ2 MP so am expecting I will enjoy it here too.

caligula13

Gold Member
dreamer3kx said:
Can you explain in detail, curious.

There are so many jaggies, and there is this strange blur all over the place, i really don't like it

And it's not my tv, i played deblob2 after that in 3d and it was perfect

Arnie

I keep hearing bugs with the sound when teammates are speaking and they just repeat the same thing over and over again. It's like they have a stutter. Anyone else hear it?

how the hell do you find spawn points to takeover? i know where mostof them on the maps, but all my friends last night had no idea what to do. i said one of you be a tactician and all you have to do is go stand by one, but nobody could see them on their maps? do only tacticians see them located on the map?

woolley

TrAcEr_x90 said:
how the hell do you find spawn points to takeover? i know where mostof them on the maps, but all my friends last night had no idea what to do. i said one of you be a tactician and all you have to do is go stand by one, but nobody could see them on their maps? do only tacticians see them located on the map?
Tacts are able to see the spawn point locations on their screen and also on the mini map but no other class will be able to. And if your just playing TDM you won't have any spawn points to grab.

ruxtpin

Banned
For the folks playing with Move, is that plastic gun thing needed to make the experience better? Or can I just go with the regular double-fisted thing?

cakefoo

ruxtpin said:
For the folks playing with Move, is that plastic gun thing needed to make the experience better? Or can I just go with the regular double-fisted thing?
I don't think it would make it better to me... It seems like a lot more physical work to flick to the edge of the screen hundreds of times per match, as opposed to small wrist flicks.

KingDizzi

Banned
The impressions for this game are getting worse by the minute, time for me for give the game a whirl! Just put it in to download the patch and watched the intro video, fucking hell immediately there is a bug affecting the lip sync, really distracting TBH. Does it happen on later in the game as well?

KingDizzi said:
The impressions for this game are getting worse by the minute, time for me for give the game a whirl! Just put it in to download the patch and watched the intro video, fucking hell immediately there is a bug affecting the lip sync, really distracting TBH. Does it happen on later in the game as well?
I've only seen this problem myself when I've paused and then resumed a cinematic. I'm on my second playthrough and have yet to have it happen on its own besides that one case.

Also, I think the hard locks that can happen tend to be when the game switches from gameplay to cinematic video. At least that's been the case for me.

Cornbread78

Arnie said:
I keep hearing bugs with the sound when teammates are speaking and they just repeat the same thing over and over again. It's like they have a stutter. Anyone else hear it?

Not since Black Ops parties and the Stadium effect...

I love all the hate in this thread. I seam to remember Black Ops. being even more of a cluster fu(k trying to get into matches before they patched it up a couple weeks later. Almost every new game I get at launch has problems for thefirst week or so until they patch everything.

Paznos

Just finished the game and had a blast all the way through but man that ending :( The
space combat was sweet but to have it right after it was disappointing.

JB1981

PSN players must have just bought MICs or something because I have never played a PS3 game online with so many people mic'd up. All I hear is people cursing the game too lol

ruxtpin said:
I have the Sharp Shooter, but I don't use it. It's too heavy, and using the Move and Nav controller by themselves is way better to me.

Mikey Jr.

the national anthem said:
Do any of you miss the awkward and heavy controls from KZ2?

FUCK NO HELL NO FUCKING NO!!!

I thought I would. I played KZ2 right before picking up KZ3, and I am having such a blast with the game, part of it being that I like the controls a lot more.

I do, but I don't really mind the new controls either. Believe it or not you could get to the point where KZ2 controls were second nature, but you really had to learn the subtleties of each weapon. Not so in KZ3, its just point and shoot.

I preferred KZ2's controls but I don't begrudge anybody for preferring the changes made for KZ3. Its definitely more accessible now, which is good, but I wish the individual weapons had more personality and nuance to them.

KingDizzi

Banned
JB1981 said:
PSN players must have just bought MICs or something because I have never played a PS3 game online with so many people mic'd up. All I hear is people cursing the game too lol

Ugh fucking hate people with mics, is there an option to turn them off? It's what drove me off Black Ops, the last straw was some prick playing the game while his baby was screaming from the top of it's lungs for over 20 minutes. Got really good though I have to say, someone could not take it after 15 minutes and the insults started, what was funny is that every single person with a mic was screwing at him including me who actually turned it on just to have a go. Playing a game while your baby is screaming for 20 minutes is beyond fucked up, get your priorities right. :/

Hixx

Arnie said:

Got that too. Combined with the bug where they cut themselves off mid-sentence its incredibly annoying.

conman

Well that's a loaded question! If you're asking whether I miss the old weighted controls in KZ2, then yes, I do. But I didn't find them "awkward" or "heavy."

Without those controls, there's nothing that distinguishes KZ3 from any other shooter out there. And thanks to grenade spam, too sticky cover, bad friendly AI pathfinding, bad and inconsistent checkpoint system, bullet sponge enemies, horrible stealth level, too many rails sections, too much (bad) story sequences, poorly balanced ammo drops/crates, and frequent loading hitches... KZ3 is worse than most average FPS campaigns.

see5harp

Cornbread78 said:
Not since Black Ops parties and the Stadium effect...

I love all the hate in this thread. I seam to remember Black Ops. being even more of a cluster fu(k trying to get into matches before they patched it up a couple weeks later. Almost every new game I get at launch has problems for thefirst week or so until they patch everything.

Black ops was perfect for me on launch day. MW2 on PS3 was the one with issues.

Top Bottom