• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CozMick said:
Almost remove the bounding box by setting the vertical and horizontal to 0 in the options, this makes turning practically flawless.

But be warned, some people see Move as a pat your head, rub you stomach type of thing, it just won't ever work for them.

I'm just one of the lucky ones :p

Eh, I'm sure it's probably an adjustment thing, like when game companies kept adding buttons to their controllers. Or when old gamers had to learn for the first time how to use mouse and keyboard correctly.

fernoca

I only calibrate Move once, before each playthrough (the only time you're asked to do it at the beginning).

Camera on top, aim from were I'm going to be holding the move; the shoot the corners from that same spot..and done.

//B1G

Banned
Wow, this is really starting to anger me. Went and bought Move, but I can't get the damn thing to set up right. My TV is about eye-level to me, so first I set the camera up right in the middle of it's base like they showed. If I keep the controller down by my side the aimer is always at the bottom of the screen. So I moved the Eye down to about 3" higher than the controller sits; same thing. Tried all kinds of different angles and stuff, but it's still being a pain in the ass to work right. Doesn't seem like the crosshairs are moving where I want them to and it's pretty fucking hard to kill someone because of it. I really don't know how to fix the situation as I figure this is about as prime as it's going to get setup-wise.
If needed I can take a pic of my setup so someone can give me an optimal configuration. (which would be appreciated.)

woolley said:
I'd say your about half way through.

Daaaaamn it is a short game then.

I can see where people are coming from saying the game feels a little rushed. It's a little rough round the edges, especially the cut scene direction and the way they sync up with the game. I also find it to be alot cheaper than KZ2.

I'm FAIRLY certain that it's been longer than 24 hours, yet all my equipment remains unlocked and usable? 'Supwiththis? It's 24 hours real-time, right?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So remember this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25940454&postcount=127

I posted that info for GAF to get some stuff

I added 32 points to my account

Got:

Retro Map Pack
3 Points Unlock
24 Hour XP
KillZone 3 Dynamic Theme
Little Big Planet 2 Dynamic Theme
Slurpee Machine for HOME
(Just need to grab that SackBoy Bag)

Well I had 4 points remaining, I took a gamble an ordered another Unlock & Unload Pack

Got codes in my e-mail, instantly or 1-2 hours later (varies)

So I used the second code, went to my services list, now I have 72 hour double XP (should be 48, but I did it on Friday the 25th, finishes @ end of Sunday the 27th) + You get a brand new fresh 3 Unlock points per code LOL

So if you get 4 points either through 2 mediums or 1 XL = 1 new Double XP code to add

Looks like I'll be abusing this system, till codes run out

7-11 here I come (^_^)b

Pro-Tip: When getting slurpee, stack your cups 2-3 XL or Medium, tell them cup was leaking, it will net you an extra 4-12 points LOL

btkadams

mickcenary said:
I'm FAIRLY certain that it's been longer than 24 hours, yet all my equipment remains unlocked and usable? 'Supwiththis? It's 24 hours real-time, right?
mine was like 25 hours i think. it definitely went over a little bit.

fernoca

//B1G said:
Wow, this is really starting to anger me. Went and bought Move, but I can't get the damn thing to set up right. My TV is about eye-level to me, so first I set the camera up right in the middle of it's base like they showed. If I keep the controller down by my side the aimer is always at the bottom of the screen. So I moved the Eye down to about 3" higher than the controller sits; same thing. Tried all kinds of different angles and stuff, but it's still being a pain in the ass to work right. Doesn't seem like the crosshairs are moving where I want them to and it's pretty fucking hard to kill someone because of it. I really don't know how to fix the situation as I figure this is about as prime as it's going to get setup-wise.
If needed I can take a pic of my setup so someone can give me an optimal configuration. (which would be appreciated.)
Here's a pic of my play-distance and camera positioning. No problems with the Move games I've tried (Heavy Rain, Killzone 3, Sackboy Prehistoric Moves, MAG)

xp0pyh.jpg

Only calibrate at the beginning (not change anything else). Remember when calibrating, to aim at the camera from were you're going to have your arms resting naturally. Don't raise them, don't point at the screen, don't point directly to the camera.

//B1G said:

This used to happen with me all the time until I realized that when it says point the Move at the PlayStation Eye during calibration means point at it but KEEP your Move where you want to be playing from.

Example: If you like keeping your hand on your knee while pointing Move during gameplay, then tilt the Move towards the eye while keeping it on your knee during calibration.

fernoca said:
LittleBigPlanet 2 last month was black and white too; s oI guess it's something they decided this year going forward; to save a few bucks.
What a shame. Sony use to have some pretty great manuals. Well going to pop this in, pretty excited!

Halcyon

//B1G said:
Have you calibrated from the xmb yet? That did wonders for my move.

Also when I calibrate in the game I just hold my move by my side pointing to the center of the screen(approximate). Then when the targets come up I just move my wrist a little bit in their direction. I feel the smaller movement gives me the most control over the cursor.

Also my settings are

Just went 40-20 in warzone. Never got above 25 kills with the ds3 in kz2. Love the move controls.

Also this is random but for the people turning off the rumble with move. I tried it and it does make things easier. I play medic though with the short burst guns and found that without the rumble it sorta screwed my firing timing off cause I couldn't tell when it was firing/done. I turned rumble back on and like it better.

btkadams

mickcenary said:
The maps.

Are horrible.

Both to look at.

And play.
really? other than the green haze in that one level (forget the level but it's really green haha), i love love love the maps. i really dig the look and design of them.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I also had a few problems with the folder icon showing up to indicate a checkpoint, only to go back later and be thrown back to a prior area. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Finished the campaign last night. The
first person snow vehicle sequence was lame
and the last gameplay section was not a highlight in terms of mechanics, but I loved it overall. It was actually slightly longer than I expected based on what people were saying earlier. I was expecting something even shorter than MW2 and that was not the case. A good improvement over KZ2 in terms of environments and combat variety.

Multiplayer is a mixed bag right now because I still don't know what the hell the deal is with the map rotation. Do I need to delete the DLC maps to play something other than Salamun Market in Warzone? The rotation seems fine in Geurilla Warfare but I don't really care about TDM in a game like this. Gonna mess around with botzone a little just to check out the new maps so I'll have some clue as the layout whenever they actually start to show up in online Warzone games.

A.R.K

KingOfKong said:
your team can have 4 total. each engineer can only use 1 at a time.

what if there is only one engineer on the team...so now there can only be one turret?

another shitty design change

//B1G

Banned
If I hold it exactly where my arms are going to be it doesn't recognize it, even though my damn ball is pointing right at the stupid eye and there's no way it can't see it.
Gah!

X-Frame

A.R.K said:
what if there is only one engineer on the team...so now there can only be one turret?

another shitty design change
And what if you hack an enemy turret - do you now have 2 turrets and 5 for your team or does your own blow up?

And yes, dumb decision. They just needed to have the turret placement timer carry over after you died so Engie's can't spam them after they die.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
//B1G said:
If I hold it exactly where my arms are going to be it doesn't recognize it, even though my damn ball is pointing right at the stupid eye and there's no way it can't see it.
Gah!

hit the reset button.

The Jetpack bug with the Move has killed my fun in SP. I went from headshotting nearly every Helghan who has crossed me to struggling to even face the enemy without turning. Fucking hell. I hope this level ends soon.

Also, haven't there been like two patches already? ...and how long has Guerrilla known about this? FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I feel weird. Everyone is saying the game is much easier than KZ2 but I find you have a lot less health in the SP. I die before I can even figure out where I'm being shot from sometimes...

Maybe it's easier because Rico can revive you, but I think they need to crank the health up a bit. You can last forever in KZ2.

Revolutionary said:
The Jetpack bug with the Move has killed my fun in SP. I went from headshotting nearly every Helghan who has crossed me to struggling to even face the enemy without turning. Fucking hell. I hope this level ends soon.

Also, haven't there been like two patches already? ...and how long has Guerrilla known about this? FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

I actually like the sensitivity of the Move jetpack controls :\

Y2Kev said:
I feel weird. Everyone is saying the game is much easier than KZ2 but I find you have a lot less health in the SP. I die before I can even figure out where I'm being shot from sometimes...

Indeed. Especially when I was jetpacking around. I was dying instantly.

So far, I'm not finding the gameplay of the single player fun at all. I like the Helghast cutscenes so the story is already better than KZ2 for me.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Y2Kev said:

Yes, this! I played about 3 hours of the SP today and was frustrated for most of the time. I'm playing on the default difficulty, and I just die like crazy. Feels like I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, which I now imagine to be insane.

nib95

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
Yes, this! I played about 3 hours of the SP today and was frustrated for most of the time. I'm playing on the default difficulty, and I just die like crazy. Feels like I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, which I now imagine to be insane.

It really isn't. It's actually really easy. For the normal gameplay segments, just be patient, take cover and pick enemies with headshots off slowly one by one. With the on-rail segments, once you sort of memorise the order of things or possibilities, it's fine. Second time going through, even on Elite, it's a lot easier imo.

Y2Kev said:

I died 44 times in K2, in normal, and it was my first console fps.

I died 96 times in K3 (and that means definitive deaths), in normal, and I'm more used to console fps.

K3 is, definetively, harder than K2. In K2 I didn't die twice in the same checkpoint except in the last level and in some bosses. In K3, in a lot of situations I died several times.

nib95 said:
It really isn't. It's actually really easy. For the normal gameplay segments, just be patient, take cover and pick enemies with headshots off slowly one by one. With the on-rail segments, once you sort of memorise the order of things or possibilities, it's fine. Second time going through, even on Elite, it's a lot easier imo.

With Move?

conman

Y2Kev said:

Maybe it's easier because Rico can revive you, but I think they need to crank the health up a bit. You can last forever in KZ2.
The difficulty balancing is all over the place in KZ3. You die easily and enemies take a shit-ton of bullets to kill, but you also get monster weapons and infinite ammo from an endless supply of ammo boxes. So, basically, it can seem ridiculously easy and unfairly difficult at the same time.

I didn't think the enemies were as aggressive in KZ3 as they were in KZ2. In 2 remember getting flanked more, and it really felt like I was on receiving end of fierce guerilla tactics.

Y2Kev said:
I actually like the sensitivity of the Move jetpack controls :\
lol I feel like the odd man out when I look at other people's settings in KZ3. Everyone's got lower numbers for the deadzones but I'm actually playing with 90% Deadzone Height and 80% Width, which is why it's a jarring change for me - I'm used to being able to shoot through my peripheral vision more and the jetpack bug doesn't allow me to do so at all. :(

nib95 said:
DS3 here. But I'd imagine the same strategies apply?

Hmm maybe. At the moment I'm finding it rather difficult to reliably headshot people. In the jungle where stealth was important, I had to actually sit there and put my nav controller down and use my left hand to help try and steady the crosshairs. I'm not using any lock at all and I'm finding that the crosshair is jumping around too much, even though I've turned off rumble. Its not my hands. My hands are very steady. Its all calibrated nicely as well.

Move's been a pain in the backside for the single player thus far for me. I found it okay in the MP.

KingDizzi

Banned
Up to the E3 demo part of the game and really enjoying it so far, great fun however I am dying quite a lot compared to the second game. It's solid but the reason I got it was for the MP, hope it's anywhere near as good as KZ2 in which case I'll be happy.

Mikey Jr.

They really have to fix the "same map over and over" bug. Some guys were complaining that they can only play one map and didn't know how to fix it and getting pissed off.

It really is a stupid bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

eshwaaz

I don't know if I care to play any more single player. The pacing is terrible, with cutscenes every 5 minutes and no sense of cohesion to how events play out. Why are there a couple of mechs sitting here for Sev and Rico to commandeer? Because the devs wanted a mech sequence here, apparently.

cakefoo

//B1G said:
Gah!
A pic of your setup and then it might become clearer.

Ugh! So I've been trying to get all the intel and symbols in Killzone 2 and beat it on Elite before I fire up Killzone 3. The game froze during a save point and now my save file is completely gone or corrupted.

I've been working on this for a fucking long ass time. Finally beat a really difficult segment in Suljeva Village. I don't ever see myself doing this. Visari Square, Salamun bridge, and too many other parts are just not worth replaying.. Plus I need to rebeat the game on a lower difficulty first. :(

eshwaaz said:
I don't know if I care to play any more single player. The pacing is terrible, with cutscenes every 5 minutes and no sense of cohesion to how events play out. Why are there a couple of mechs sitting here for Sev and Rico to commandeer? Because the devs wanted a mech sequence here, apparently.

It's like they're in some sort of video game. Completely unbelievable!

JVIDICAN

GraveRobberX said:
So remember this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25940454&postcount=127

I posted that info for GAF to get some stuff

I added 32 points to my account

Got:

Retro Map Pack
3 Points Unlock
24 Hour XP
KillZone 3 Dynamic Theme
Little Big Planet 2 Dynamic Theme
Slurpee Machine for HOME
(Just need to grab that SackBoy Bag)

Well I had 4 points remaining, I took a gamble an ordered another Unlock & Unload Pack

Got codes in my e-mail, instantly or 1-2 hours later (varies)

So I used the second code, went to my services list, now I have 72 hour double XP (should be 48, but I did it on Friday the 25th, finishes @ end of Sunday the 27th) + You get a brand new fresh 3 Unlock points per code LOL

So if you get 4 points either through 2 mediums or 1 XL = 1 new Double XP code to add

Looks like I'll be abusing this system, till codes run out

7-11 here I come (^_^)b

Pro-Tip: When getting slurpee, stack your cups 2-3 XL or Medium, tell them cup was leaking, it will net you an extra 4-12 points LOL

I'm not seeing the Double XP reward, and the Unlock points are labled as "coming soon". D:

Top Bottom