• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Shakala

Just played a few matches a while ago and I LOVE IT! I play a marksman (I know, I know... asshole sniper) but I'm actually a team player unlike a lot of people. It feels good to know you contributed to a win in Warzone. :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
A Huge Fuck You to the lag

Good Lord, the games I played were running like shit >_<

I brutal meleed a guy from the front, breaking his eyes animation, somehow his buddy halfway across the map, snipes me, I get registered the points 300 (double xp ribbon), the dude I just brutally killed keeps running along, then when I respawn to the Closest TSA, same dude I killed, comes running at me, just drops dead, then I look @ scoreboard the server registers it finally when he drops, so WTF was all that?

Is it me or are the hit boxes for this game really weird. When running it's like the HB is .5 seconds behind you, like it's trailing your character
I have been killed behind corners while running to safety or shooting bullets past the guy running behind an object, but my bullets still hitting the target and netting me the kill

It's great this thread has so much on the ooooh and aaahhhs of the SP and teh 1337 Graphixz, but those same shits in MP hinder it and make the game run @ abysmal levels
(For fuck sakes gives us a patch to mandatory install the MP, I'll gladly give up 5GB for less load time and better performance, hate the fucking thing is 41GB+ of data, and it only needs 5MB worth, the rest are the 1.03 patch + Map Pack add-on)

Fuck, I think I'm platinuming this and putting away until DLC pack down the line when you get that deal get 3 map packs for the price of 2 or some shit)

Onto Crysis 2 & Brink (Hopefully they can fill my pew pew, until BattleField 3)

In before the "HE MAD" "Why you MAD tho?", FIX THIS FUCKING SHIT RIGHT NOW Guerrilla Games!!

jax (old)

Banned
played about 2 hours:

A) WTF did they do to the game? I really like the weightier control in KZ2, here it all feels so quick, you run superquick too and btw the super fast movement and the relatively easy difficulty (I picked the most difficult level - Veteran I think) and its been really easy. Very weird.

Also, did we lose the knife to super melee? I loved the knife in KZ2. The sense of weighted combat and difficulty just isn't here. I think a lot of it has to do with Rico saving you constantly. Its sort of weird. I feel like I'm playing easy.

B) graphics didn't blow me away. I expected to be wowed like I was with Killzone 2 and does this even look as good as KZ2? apex of console graphics. Um... no.

so btw the neutered difficulty and the underwhelming visuals so far.. I'd rate this 6/10.

More to come.

Jax said:
played about 2 hours:

A) WTF did they do to the game? I really like the weightier control in KZ2, here it all feels so quick, you run superquick too and btw the super fast movement and the relatively easy difficulty (I picked the most difficult level - Veteran I think) and its been really easy. Very weird.

Also, did we lose the knife to super melee? I loved the knife in KZ2. The sense of weighted combat and difficulty just isn't here. I think a lot of it has to do with Rico saving you constantly. Its sort of weird. I feel like I'm playing easy.

B) graphics didn't blow me away. I expected to be wowed like I was with Killzone 2 and does this even look as good as KZ2? apex of console graphics. Um... no.

so btw the neutered difficulty and the underwhelming visuals so far.. I'd rate this 6/10.

More to come.

Ew at this entire post. I'm not even gonna.

H_Prestige said:
I thought that even though KZ2 ultimately didn't have a story, GG did a great job presenting the helghast as an oppressive soviet union like place. They weren't super high tech like they are in KZ3.

lol, yeah. It seems Helghast technology has advanced 30 years between Killzone 2 and Killzone 3. The robot cats and the gigantic mechs were a bit TEW much.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Jaded generation, jeez

Inconsistent framerate? ...deal with it.jpg

That's my biggest gripe (I only had interest in MP, though SP was good). Having an expectation, that the framerate will at the very least will be consistent makes me jaded? ...once a room occupancy reaches a high number of players, shit just hits the fan. I would have preferred a visual downgrade for MP if that would help alleviate the issue.

CozMick

Banned
BeeDog said:
Nope, no animals unless you count the wild spiders and deadly plants.

Which actually eat the dead Helghast that you kill :O

Just passed the demo level and this game is absolutely astounding, visuals, sound, controls and especially the gameplay (now that the levels are more varied) are all top notch.

Had a couple instances of major frame rate drops, but apart from that it's as smooth as any "30fps" game out there.

I really don't get the complaints, it baffles me tbh, having finished KZ2 on Elite I find KZ3 (so far) the better game in most aspects.

But then again I can compete with Move so that's me in the minority :p

BeeDog

Had a couple of fun matches this morning without any network issues or lag (surprisingly, when I'm not disconnected, matches have been pretty lag-free). I'm probably in the minority, but I like Blood Gracht for some stupid reason, but if one team dominates the other, you're barely allowed to exit your spawn area (especially if you spawn on the high ledge).

When playing Warzone, it's almost always Salamun Market. The map looks awesome, and the lighting is great (especially when your own shadow is cast, looks freaking amazing). But it chugs like hell if you have a full server, especially when everyone goes for the middle or if S&D forces everyone to gather in one of the side alleys.

Anyway, for the DLC trophy (15 sidearm kills), what weapon's the best? I suck bad with the regular pistols; will the silenced SMG work?

GraveRobberX

BeeDog said:
When playing Warzone, it's almost always Salamun Market.

It's a glitch. GG working on it. Go to Map Preferences choose another Map for each mode, it helps from getting the same map, but need to keep switching manually though till patch

BeeDog said:
Anyway, for the DLC trophy (15 sidearm kills), what weapon's the best? I suck bad with the regular pistols; will the silenced SMG work?

The M66 Machine Pistol

Used it as a Medic, just play Akmir Snowdrift as ISA, pew pew from mid to close range and got 15 kills very quickly, don't forget to grab ammo from the crate or/+ extra ammo from the beginning if no Engi

The medic bot helps lower enemies health, so it works in your favor, finished 35-8 with the M82/M66 combo LOL

BeeDog

GraveRobberX said:
The M66 Machine Pistol

Used it as a Medic, just play Akmir Snowdrift as ISA, pew pew from mid to close range and got 15 kills very quickly, don't forget to grab ammo from the crate or/+ extra ammo from the beginning if no Engi

The medic bot helps lower enemies health, so it works in your favor, finished 35-8 with the M82/M66 combo LOL

Oh, so you don't have to collect that trophy on one of the DLC maps? Thanks!

Mik2121

Jax said:
played about 2 hours:

More to come.
You are on drugs, dude...

Manp

so i played a bit yesterday and got to the point where you have to
defend the ISA base, before the part that was in the demo
. wth at the framerate?! shit was an unplayable mess

:(

CozMick

Banned
Manp said:
so i played a bit yesterday and got to the point where you have to
defend the ISA base, before the part that was in the demo
. wth at the framerate?! shit was an unplayable mess

:(

Yeah, it drops like a mother fucker, asked on here last night and a few friends, and people have the same drops.

I actually thought my PS3 was gonna die.

It only happens this once during the entire game apparently so no more worries :p

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I like guerillas art design, and obviously their technical savvy, but I'll never understand why they are given the resources that they have by Sony. It's like a mediocre bench player getting a lot of playing time and a huge contract. Everytime I play a guerilla game it's like---well there's some really great things about this game, art design and how hard it pushes the hardware. But I can't help but feel this could be so much better with a team like naughty dog/insomniac/sony santa monica/suckerpunch at the helm. Or really any developer that's has produced a shooter---Raven Software/Starbreeze/Monolith, those guys would kill it with the tools that have been bestowed to guerilla games. Their poor game design choices take me out of the game every time. To lack immersion with the aesthetic prowess and technical power they have is really really a shame. I really wish that some other developer was given the reigns to this franchise.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
erlim said:
I like guerillas art design, and obviously their technical savvy, but I'll never understand why they are given the resources that they have by Sony. It's like a mediocre bench player getting a lot of playing time and a huge contract. Everytime I play a guerilla game it's like---well there's some really great things about this game, art design and how hard it pushes the hardware. But I can't help but feel this could be so much better with a team like naughty dog/insomniac/sony santa monica/suckerpunch at the helm. Or really any developer that's has produced a shooter---Raven Software/Starbreeze/Monolith, those guys would kill it with the tools that have been bestowed to guerilla games. Their poor game design choices take me out of the game every time. To lack immersion with the aesthetic prowess and technical power they have is really really a shame. I really wish that some other developer was given the reigns to this franchise.

Or let them build some experience first?

GraveRobberX

BeeDog said:
Oh, so you don't have to collect that trophy on one of the DLC maps? Thanks!

Nope, the Trophy requirements for the Retro Map Pack maps are clearly stated

(Silver) Demolitionist - Get S&D wins both as an ISA + HGH (just win, hopefully no tards to ruin it)

(Silver) Tactical Mastery - Get all 4 TSA in the Markets (Be Playing at the moment you get all 4, not all 4 already had and then you joining the game doesn't earn you it...I think)

(Silver) Death By Proxies - 2 Proxy Mine kills with-in 1 minute of each other (that is why you see 5000+ mines laid out in BG)

(Silver) Blood Streak - Get 5 KillStreak in Blood Gracht (Be good or Camp, or let it come naturally, if going for proxy mine trophy also, it nets you 2 kills ^_^)

The other 3 can be earned on any map:

(Bronze) Brutal Footsteps - Kill someone with Brutal Melee while having the Silent perk ability activated (really simple, use Infiltrator, takes 1-2 minutes if fully unlocked INFI)

(Silver) Little Big Weapons - M66 Machine Pistol, as stated above in my other post. Can not, I repeat can not use the VC92 Missle Launcher, it doesn't register as a secondary weapon (was funny running into 2-4 enemies and blowing them sky high, brought back K2 memories). Only the pistol, the shotgun pistol, I think grenade launching pistol (really hard to get kills with, very frustrating), and the Machine pistol count.

(Silver) Automata For The People - Kill all 3 different turret/bots. 1 Engi sentry turret, 1 Tact Sentry Droid, 1 Medic Bot (Best gotten on Frozen Dam in WarZone as HGH, always 1-2 ISA scum Engi camping catwalk with their turrets by their spawn base looking @ TSA in the middle, Medic running like a fool @ the bottleneck near HGH/ISA cross room near the top C&H, and multiple ISA droids flying near the middle gate TSA

I got all the MP trophies, just need to play SP and finish it off

erlim

TTP said:

I mean guerilla games is 11 years old. They've had three chances at driving home sony's most hyped (both in marketing and infamy) and well-resourced shooters. I don't see them getting much better than they already are. Again, their technical wizardry this generation is great, and honestly, I don't put them much further behind than valve in art design, but their game design is just tatty.

mr_nothin

Banned
TTP said:
Killzone 1
ShellShock
Killzone Liberation (?)
Killzone 2
Killzone 3

Seems like they should be getting the hang of it by now. They're still stumbling over into mediocrity and making horrible design choices. Maybe they need to collab with another studio or something.

Man, I played some KZ2 online earlier today and couldn't believe how much fun I had. It's a complete class above KZ3, that's for sure. Don't think I'll be playing any more KZ3 online. Shame.

erlim

mr_nothin said:
Killzone 1
ShellShock
Killzone Liberation (?)
Killzone 2
Killzone 3

Seems like they should be getting the hang of it by now. They're still stumbling over into mediocrity and making horrible design choices. Maybe they need to collab with another studio or something.

Exactly. If they made like the equivalent to an add-on pack, like a half-sequel using all of Killzone 3's assets, developed by somebody else---
boom goes the dynamite.

GraveRobberX

TTP said:

This isn't their first rodeo or even their second, the have had ample time to release games, I think there up to 4-5 (guessing, its fucking 7am, I haven't slept since 3pm yesterday...fixing sleeping schedule)

The thing is you see all the amazing tech they bring, and how they use the PS3 to it's top potential with their games, but falter at the other parts that make can make this game really standout
I don't need an emmy award winning screen writers, but at least try to have a cohesive story presentation.
In KZ2 the abrupt ending left us with what will happen next?, how will this come to a close, from the spoilers for KZ3 through this OT I see they left it
open-ended again

The thing is you can see KZ3 is half-assed on the story/bro-fist military moments (trying to certain demographics, reel them in, I understand it from a business point, but don't whore yourself out that much), you see they were so many shoehorned on-rail parts for the Move, the story was just all over the place with time fast forwarded or rewinded, so abrupt

You, yourself said the MP being released was on "broken legs", I know it will take multiple surgeries (patches) to get it up and running, hopefully it will be running 5k marathons and not a fucking 100m dash and collapse again or pull a hammy

They created a good universe, but the game overall has no identity
(The GIFs and Pictures of HD goodness are amazing (mostly SP, which is the appetizer). The MP is the main course the plate should be amazing, but it's cold, bland, flavor is off, it needs to be sent back and hopefully when it comes back out it should be looking and smelling amazing (hopefully no spit thrown in for spite), and we should nom nom nom till our belly explode due to this awesomeness feast for our eyes/ears/and our mind

Arnie

erlim said:
I mean guerilla games is 11 years old. They've had three chances at driving home sony's most hyped (both in marketing and infamy) and well-resourced shooters. I don't see them getting much better than they already are. Again, their technical wizardry this generation is great, and honestly, I don't put them much further behind than valve in art design, but their game design is just tatty.
This is exactly how I feel, to a T. They have a great art department, a great AI department and a great web integration department, but for me the design department is mediocre at best. So many rough decisions permeate the game at every turn.

Shiloa

Arnie said:
This is exactly how I feel, to a T. They have a great art department, a great AI department and a great web integration department, but for me the design department is mediocre at best. So many rough decisions permeate the game at every turn.
Yes, notch another for this train of thought. GG have so much good, but they need a better director/producer or something. They've got so much right, but some decisions make no sense and it's clearly not a technical problem, so it's probably a human problem. It's actually inexcusable how you can make such a wonderfully designed world, with a great backstory, but fail miserably to convey it.

erlim

Arnie said:

Yeah, the AI is pretty decent. The way the Helgast throw grandees to flush you out, and move from cover. They have the resources to use guys like Brian Cox and Ray Winstone as actors. Their visual flair is ahead of the curve, they have some very impressive and unique looking set pieces. You have to give the developers respect for getting out a product with full 3d and playstation move support. But at the end of the day any positives are basically negated by the fact that the game isn't designed any more intelligently than any middle-of-the road PS2 shooter. I played through Medal of Honor: Frontline for the ps3 recently, and even that did a better job of hiding the fact you're just shooting targets and walking down a straight line.

GraveRobberX

Shiloa said:
Yes, notch another for this train of thought. GG have so much good, but they need a better director/producer or something. They've got so much right, but some decisions make no sense and it's clearly not a technical problem, so it's probably a human problem. It's actually inexcusable how you can make such a wonderfully designed world, with a great back-story, but fail miserably to convey it.

I'm not done with the story, but I was hoping to see KZ3 evolve the story in more the direction of how Helgans live, how Rico & Sev are going through areas devastated and how the people are coping during this "War" on their planet

In KZ2 you see those shanty town near the bridges, it really felt like this world is just ruthless like earth, but maybe more so due to the uninhabitable conditions

I haven't seen any Helgy NPCS (are there any that aren't grunt soldiers and all in the military), is the whole universe just ISA and Helgan soldiers

I hoped that War did effect this planet, this all out war on both sides should have dire consequences, all I see is ISA going Fuck Yeah or Let GTFO! NOW!!, while the Helgy's are all like Revenge and Kill Kill Kill!

Could have shown why the Helgy are the way they are, how they live, make them at least look a little reasonable (humane), why they would give their life for their leaders etc.

(Don't give me this BullShit of oh there's good lore, just have to read about it on the website, not every gamer will go out of their way to learn it, but if presented reasonably in the game, it can really help flesh out the story of the why's? how's? when's? what's?)

Facism

Well, finished the SP. Can't say i have seen this amazing AI some people have been talking about. It's like the HGH know that they are bullet sponges and therefore camp behind cover and toss the occasional nade, whilst abusing the shoddy hit detection and invisible barriers they hide behind. Was playing on Veteran.

They really need to rehire their mp designers and mappers. There's evidence here that whoever took over had no real idea why Warzone was a such a great mode in KZ2, or why maps like Salamun Market were considered one of the greats. I'm sure i'm not the only one that expected more love and depth to be added to the mode and classes considering the great base they had to work with in KZ2. The game's been turned into a throwaway flavour-of-the-week experience with some bad ideas thrown in that it seems they couldn't get away from.

Also, why the fuck would anyone think clan matchmaking on it's own was a good idea? Bring back the ingame scheduling and valour wagers. You had a community built within a community with those features. As rage-inducing as the game is, still fun to play with the usual friends.

erlim

GraveRobberX said:
I'm not done with the story, but I was hoping to see KZ3 evolve the story in more the direction of how Helgans live, how Rico & Sev are going through areas devastated and how the people are coping during this "War" on their planet

In KZ2 you see those shanty town near the bridges, it really felt like this world is just ruthless like earth, but maybe more so due to the uninhabitable conditions

I haven't seen any Helgy NPCS (are there any that aren't grunt soldiers and all in the military), is the whole universe just ISA and Helgan soldiers

I hoped that War did effect this planet, this all out war on both sides should have dire consequences, all I see is ISA going Fuck Yeah or Let GTFO! NOW!!, while the Helgy's are all like Revenge and Kill Kill Kill!

Could have shown why the Helgy are the way they are, how they live, make them at least look a little reasonable (humane), why they would give their life for their leaders etc.

(Don't give me this BullShit of oh there's good lore, just have to read about it on the website, not every gamer will go out of their way to learn it, but if presented reasonably in the game, it can really help flesh out the story of the why's? how's? when's? what's?)

Yes, look at Uncharted 2. The AI enemies are way dumber, and the basic level design isn't really any less linear or straightforward, with the exception of puzzles maybe. You'd think that would ruin put it a rung below Killzone right there, but no. Even with really strong actors (Brian Cox for 2, Ray Winstone for 3), the Killzone narrative is conveyed much much much weaker. As storytellers Guerilla doesn't have a clue on how to get players involved. What you're mentioning is basically like the level in Uncharted 2 where Drake wakes up in that Tibetan town. Naughty Dog has paced their games, even in the Crash Bandicoot, days superbly. They understand how to diversify their presentation through both game design and narrative presentation. Guerilla has no inclination for this at all.

Solal

GraveRobberX said:
This isn't their first rodeo or even their second, the have had ample time to release games, I think there up to 4-5 (guessing, its fucking 7am, I haven't slept since 3pm yesterday...fixing sleeping schedule)

The thing is you see all the amazing tech they bring, and how they use the PS3 to it's top potential with their games, but falter at the other parts that make can make this game really standout
I don't need an emmy award winning screen writers, but at least try to have a cohesive story presentation.
In KZ2 the abrupt ending left us with what will happen next?, how will this come to a close, from the spoilers for KZ3 through this OT I see they left it
open-ended again

The thing is you can see KZ3 is half-assed on the story/bro-fist military moments (trying to certain demographics, reel them in, I understand it from a business point, but don't whore yourself out that much), you see they were so many shoehorned on-rail parts for the Move, the story was just all over the place with time fast forwarded or rewinded, so abrupt

You, yourself said the MP being released was on "broken legs", I know it will take multiple surgeries (patches) to get it up and running, hopefully it will be running 5k marathons and not a fucking 100m dash and collapse again or pull a hammy

They created a good universe, but the game overall has no identity
(The GIFs and Pictures of HD goodness are amazing (mostly SP, which is the appetizer). The MP is the main course the plate should be amazing, but it's cold, bland, flavor is off, it needs to be sent back and hopefully when it comes back out it should be looking and smelling amazing (hopefully no spit thrown in for spite), and we should nom nom nom till our belly explode due to this awesomeness feast for our eyes/ears/and our mind

+1 You are my hero!

I think this would be the hardest single player shooter campaign I've ever played if Rico didn't heal me most of the time. I get killed about every five seconds by a grenade that I never see or hear coming. And even if I do manage to hear the grenade, I have nowhere to run because there are always a hundred helghast shooting rpgs at me at all times. And I'm playing on normal. I don't remember Killzone 2 being anywhere close to this hard. It's hellish.

Shiloa

GraveRobberX said:
Did you ever play the first? One of the playable characters is a half-Helghan man, which adds such a good viewpoint. Rico had a point in that game, because he was always bouncing off the Helghan creating tension within the team.

It was all lost in KZ2/3, it's just as you said, ISA "RAWR", versus Helghast "GRR".

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
GraveRobberX said:

Good Post. I agree!

Operations needs more maps. :( DLC please, GG. I'd actually buy Operations DLC, not really interested in other Warzone maps.

Also for the love of god, stop picking Salamun Market when I go to play Warzone. It's making me want to delete the maps.

Finished the game a few minutes ago... took my very sweet time with, loved it! can't decide which is better this or 2, loved them both on the same level <3

I heard the Platinum this time is easy... I think I'm going for it and it will be my first Online game to Plat :p

Dibbz

GraveRobberX said:
Thing is I don't think they did have enough time. Considering all that they have still given us.

Split Screen Co-op
2 new online game modes
Bigger scale campaign
Move support
3D support

It's clear that they were spread way too thin ala Insomniac and Resistance 2. In fact I'm surprised that they managed to get it out as good as they did with only the SP Campaign taking the hit, and still it was pretty good minus the odd cutscenes here and there.

Watch this interview with Herman Hulst (Managing Director for GG). He basically starts off by saying he was suprised that there was as much pressure to get KZ3 out the door as there was on KZ2.

Sony clearly wanted a Move and 3D enabled title out now and with Socom (Move) and Motorstorm (3D) coming out next month you can see what Sony is trying to do.

GraveRobberX

Shiloa said:
Did you ever play the first? One of the playable characters is a half-Helghan man, which adds such a good viewpoint. Rico had a point in that game, because he was always bouncing off the Helghan creating tension within the team.

It was all lost in KZ2/3, it's just as you said, ISA "RAWR", versus Helghast "GRR".

I thought 2 was the foundation and any sequels would really delve into the universe

I wanted so more, feel more, Emotion can be a huge part in War

For example in Saving Private Ryan, most will remember the intro, the D-Day invasion, the 20-30 minute set piece, I remember it for all the characters, the Tom Hanks teacher, who till his dying breath tried to protect what he was ordered to do. The sniper for being always perfect, but in the end getting overpowered by the tank to show that however skillful you can be, yo can be taken out by might, etc.

Character and emotions, should be added into the mix, not every FPS needs it, but you would think Sony's 1st party Super Dev offering would at least try

As the game tech for this game is evolving, so should all other parts rise and try to match it, "your are strong as your weakest link"

I mean GOWIII story isn't Oscar worthy, but it did tell me that a pissed off son, will go through Hell just for revenge against his father...who also by the way is the motherfucking God of Gods, and nothing will stop him
GOW - The Rise & Redemption (planting seeds)
GOWII - The Fall & Reconciliation/Salvation (seeding growing, watered, close to blooming)
GOW - The Finale & Ending (flower blooming, then little by little dying withering away, yet a new seed is dropped for continuation purposes)

That is what I was expecting, GG tried their damnedest with KZ2, but rather making that foundation stronger by building all 4 sides equally and raising it level by level, the house was built half-assed, some parts were super strong, while other parts put up with cheap material, yeah it's standing, but sooner or later the cracks will always find a way, and it will come crashing down sooner rather than later

erlim

It's interesting because it was a common argument that Guerilla was held back from being an effective developer last gen, and that the original Killzone did not meet it's full potential because of hardware restraints. I think it's safe to say after KZ3 that Guerilla has some baseline weaknesses as developers, essentially in their game design principles. I'd really like to see Sony reign them in a little and have them concentrate on smaller and more controlled projects like Killzone: Liberation, as I think they have an inability to find focus on large titles. I think with their strong art design crew, they'd be much more appreciated and better utilized developing smaller PSN games than in the limelight attempting to make triple-A games. I'd like to see Sony spread some of those resources and money that they pump into Guerilla go to their more talented devs.

pixelbox

erlim said:
Yes, look at Uncharted 2. The AI enemies are way dumber, and the basic level design isn't really any less linear or straightforward, with the exception of puzzles maybe. You'd think that would ruin put it a rung below Killzone right there, but no. Even with really strong actors (Brian Cox for 2, Ray Winstone for 3), the Killzone narrative is conveyed much much much weaker. As storytellers Guerilla doesn't have a clue on how to get players involved. What you're mentioning is basically like the level in Uncharted 2 where Drake wakes up in that Tibetan town. Naughty Dog has paced their games, even in the Crash Bandicoot, days superbly. They understand how to diversify their presentation through both game design and narrative presentation. Guerilla has no inclination for this at all.
How many years did it take for that though? I think you guys put UC2 on a way too high platform. People were complaining about the stealth seqence but failed to mention the disgraceful stealth in UC2. The story for UC2 isn't great either but their delivery is well beyond the Killzones. Plus ND had a good amount more time to work on their games and more people vs GG. They only have to focus on one IP that is not in an overly saturated genre. No KZ3 isn't perfect, but no game is and you guys are being way too hard on it.

Any ETA on this patch? I think I am done with this shit until it is released. Cannot play Warzone without teams being 6 on 2 most of the time.

pixelbox

Dibbz said:
Thing is I don't think they did have enough time. Considering all that they have still given us.

Split Screen Co-op
2 new online game modes
Bigger scale campaign
Move support
3D support

It's clear that they were spread way too thin ala Insomniac and Resistance 2. In fact I'm surprised that they managed to get it out as good as they did with only the SP Campaign taking the hit, and still it was pretty good minus the odd cutscenes here and there.

Watch this interview with Herman Hulst (Managing Director for GG). He basically starts off by saying he was suprised that there was as much pressure to get KZ3 out the door as there was on KZ2.

Sony clearly wanted a Move and 3D enabled title out now and with Socom (Move) and Motorstorm (3D) coming out next month you can see what Sony is trying to do.
Plus they did it in less time and with less people.

BeeDog

Bumblebeetuna said:
Any ETA on this patch? I think I am done with this shit until it is released. Cannot play Warzone without teams being 6 on 2 most of the time.

Yeah, definitely the biggest problem at the moment. No fun if you steamroll the other team, or get steamrolled yourself.

Top Bottom