• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Zen

Banned
X-Frame said:
I really don't like the KZ3 maps either, not at all.

I miss my Tharsis Depot and Corinth River .. :(

The maps I've been enjoying the most are the Retro DLC maps, hilariously. Hopefully the new DLC maps that are coming out are a good step up from the maps that launched with Killzone 3.

patsu

Are the maps really that bad ? I was spawn camped many times in KZ2 also. Both sides can have rocket launchers in KZ2, and enemies shot rockets into our camp when we couldn't get out. In fact, in one of the newer KZ2 maps, the enemies could rush into our base with shotgun and/or flamethrower to take us out. The turrets were too far out to help.

I got camped once in KZ3 so far, but it wasn't that bad. We could all go out from alternate exits.

I used the WASP once to destroy an Exo. Pretty soon, either a sniper will zero in on you, or someone will shoot you from behind. It's not that big a deal.

Acrylic7

GraveRobberX said:
No flow to them, I may have had 2-3 fun experiences in the MP part and that was with FTSG clan, if pub, maybe never, cause people treat it like run n' gun, rather than be more tactical and approach the objective (whatever it is) smart
exactly why KZ2 is better. I just dont see how anyone finds this mp fun to play. Even when I kill someone I cant brag. I didn't put any skill into it, I just happened to see the other guy first.

patsu

I play at least 3 sessions of Warzone every day since I completed SP.

Just had a fun Warzone game a few minutes ago. Lost 2 sessions, but won one. Some people were still figuring out the maps.

Played more last night, won and lost about equal number of sessions.

The night before, I won 2 and forced a draw on the third.

These are all with random folks.

I remember R1 was most fun when GAF got together. Same for KZ2 although I didn't join them that often. It should be the same for KZ3.

Mikey Jr.

pixelbox said:
Yeah, you guys are real drama queens...I like how you go into depth with KZ2 maps with angles and shit but give a plain birdseye view of KZ3. Drama indeed.

There is no denying that KZ2 has the better maps. Maybe not visually, but design wise, definitely.

Phyruss crater is pretty bad. Its just one long log of poop. The constant green is fucking annoying, the ONE tsp is terrible, and that tilt to the map annoys the shit out of me.

Mawlr graveyard is better, but the choke points are fucking TERRIBLE. I couldn't believe it. Up the middle is fucking impossible to get across because its so wide open and long to get through, not to mention the possibility of that thing crushing you. Then one either side, you have these very narrow doors. So fucking narrow. You can just watch the door and no one is getting through. And thats it.

Akamir snowdrift. Yeah, have the helghast spawn on the high ground. Thats cool.

Corinth. This one is decent. But are 4 wasps really necessary?

And the rest.

patsu

They definitely need more TSPs since GG removed the spawn grenades, but there are choke points and campers in KZ2 maps too. All I needed to do was find another route to flank them, like in KZ2.

However in the KZ2 objective room, it's usually mayhem because people would throw spawn grenades near it (the opposite way), or spam launcher into the objective area.

Acrylic7

patsu said:
Are the maps really that bad ? I was spawn camped many times in KZ2 also. Both sides can have rocket launchers in KZ2, and enemies shot rockets into our camp when we couldn't get out. In fact, in one of the newer KZ2 maps, the enemies could rush into our base with shotgun to take us out. The turrets were too far out to help.

I got camped once in KZ3 so far, but it wasn't that bad. We could all go out from alternate exits.

I used the WASP once to destroy an Exo. Pretty soon, either a sniper will zero in on you, or someone will shoot you from behind. It's not that big a deal.
If you were spawn camped in KZ2 you could still fight back. Tactician allowed you to place spawn points anywhere you wanted. Plus if you used boost when spawned you could usually turn around and waste the campers, then go on about your business.
and the rockets in KZ2 were annoying, but they weren't unfair. Kz2 had a more Wide Open feel to it. I can easily spot a Assault guy a mile away and kill him with any class. KZ3 map design are full of corners. Everything is a damn corner. for example, S.Market has tanks/ obstacles and bullshit hanging around every freaking corner. You cant see anyone coming. Hence the tacticians radar.
and they shouldn't be able to stay in your base. Even assault guys with boost. Base turrets will shred them to peaces. Well in KZ2 anyway. I have no idea how strong base turrets are in 3.
The alternate exits don't really help me at all. With your health being what it is and all of the bs going on, something usually takes me out or depletes most of my health before I can even get anywhere, Which is why I play tactician every match. One-hit melee saboteurs, exo's, snipers, c4, turrets, air strikes, THE FREAKING WASP, random wandering players. and if I manage to get somewhere I am completely out of ammo.

teepo

i honestly don't see what the fuss over the kz3 maps are. they're just as vertical as the maps from kz2 and have in my opinion far better designed choke points. well or so it seems, either that or the game is more balanced overall.

i'm loving the multiplayer since the increased hitpoints.

also i feel kz2's maps were too reliant on good tacticians, which there was a massive shortage of, while in kz3, with the reduced map size, it isn't so much of a burden to spawn back at the base. not to mention how fun it is when you do get competent tacticians and have to defend or capture spawn points.

patsu

Acrylic7 said:
If you were spawn camped in KZ2 you could still fight back. Tactician allowed you to place spawn points anywhere you wanted. Plus if you used boost when spawned you could usually turn around and waste the campers, then go on about your business.
and the rockets in KZ2 were annoying, but they weren't unfair. Kz2 had a more Wide Open feel to it. I can easily spot a Assault guy a mile away and kill him with any class. KZ3 map design are full of corners. Everything is a damn corner. for example, S.Market has tanks/ obstacles and bullshit hanging around every freaking corner. You cant see anyone coming. Hence the tacticians radar.
and they shouldn't be able to stay in your base. Even assault guys with boost. Base turrets will shred them to peaces. Well in KZ2 anyway. I have no idea how strong base turrets are in 3.
The alternate exits don't really help me at all. With your health being what it is and all of the bs going on, something usually takes me out or depletes most of my health before I can even get anywhere, Which is why I play tactician every match. One-hit melee saboteurs, exo's, snipers, c4, turrets, air strikes, THE FREAKING WASP, random wandering players. and if I manage to get somewhere I am completely out of ammo.

That's why you should stick together with teammates. Corners benefit enemies as well as your teammates.

Even with tacticians, it is possible to get camped and never got out. I saw GAF clan camped other folks until they couldn't get out too. ^_^

With launcher in play, it's messy too. The assault class is a problem itself, and many Gaffers complained about it too.

WASP can't get to you all the time. It's view is limited also. You'll need to know the maps better, like which part is out of its sight if someone is manning the WASP. The Exos and jetpacks are more tricky. Then again, there are many routes from point A to B.

I think they need to have better base exits, and more TSPs; but I also think that people are overreacting. I actually have more fun with KZ3 maps than KZ2 ones even though KZ2's Salamun Market and Southern Beach are 2 of my most favorite maps.

What is the point of sprint and health meters now, since you can only sprint for four seconds and your health completely recovers after 3-4 seconds?

Acrylic7

patsu said:
That's why you should stick together with teammates. Corners benefit enemies as well as your teammates.

Even with tacticians, it is possible to get camped and never got out. I saw GAF clan camped other folks until they couldn't get out too. ^_^

With launcher in play, it's messy too. The assault class is a problem itself, and many Gaffers complained about it too.

WASP can't get to you all the time. It's view is limited also. You'll need to know the maps better, like which part is out of its sight if someone is manning the WASP. The Exos and jetpacks are more tricky. Then again, there are many routes from point A to B.

I think they need to have better base exits, and more TSPs; but I also think that people are overreacting. I actually have more fun with KZ3 maps than KZ2 ones even though KZ2's Salamun Market and Southern Beach are 2 of my most favorite maps.
I do stick with teammates. you still get killed way to fast.
yeah well you couldn't camp me in kz2, thats for sure.
The wasp isn't fair. It reaches all the way to the center of the map. and the upper spawn points on Market. Thats where Most of the game takes place. Search and destroy, Retrieve, and assassination. If you go up, you are Stung (get it? Because its the Wasp) and if you go down, you are Exo'd to death or killed by fair play. Thats just bad design. The exo's can dodge rockets. Shit, you only get 1. Ammo crates aren't fixed till its to late.

DoomGyver

Boots up KZ3, joins warzone match, connecting... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezone. Can't believe they shipped a game that was still in beta.

PATCH, NOW.

Oneself

Just finished the sp campaign and I must say that it starts better than it ends, definitely.
That ending.. what a letdown. Also, the overall last sections of the game felt kinda rushed and repetitive.
Still, I think it's the best "Killzone" game and one of the best shooters out there.

patsu

Acrylic7 said:
I do stick with teammates. you still get killed way to fast.
yeah well you couldn't camp me in kz2, thats for sure.
The wasp isn't fair. It reaches all the way to the center of the map. and the upper spawn points on Market. Thats where Most of the game takes place. Search and destroy, Retrieve, and assassination. If you go up, you are Stung (get it? Because its the Wasp) and if you go down, you are Exo'd to death or killed by fair play. Thats just bad design. The exo's can dodge rockets. Shit, you only get 1. Ammo crates aren't fixed till its to late.

Coming from MAG, it would mean that you need to hold down or destroy the WASP first before taking the objectives. It's not a simple run and gun game.

As for ammo crates not getting repaired, it means you'll need to have a good Engineer in the team. The same goes for your opponents. When it happened to me, I swapped guns frequently. I don't always make it back to an ammo crate anyway.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finally got around to some solid online play tonight. Laggy mess a lot of the time, and the rest of the time the matchmaking system was NOT WORKING. I didn't play one round where the teams were even remotely even. Hopefully it gets better, otherwise I'll be done with this one very soon.

Chuckie

Cataferal said:
Yeah, quite frequently the case for me.

Deleting the retro map pack helped a little though. Anything to simplify the equation for their match-making system.

Yeah I am gonna delete that piece of shit too. I only seem to find Bloodgracht only games for some reason. So when I play Warzone it's 12-4 or 10-3, when I play Guerilla it's Bloodgracht 24/7 :(

Kaze13

A few thoughts

1. Salumun bug is annoying
2. " " Wasp placement and spamming is also annoying
3. Someone earlier mentioned a no respawn Operations mode. I'm all for this. However, I'd like to add an option for it: personal spawn count mode. Number of spawns depend on your maxed out classes. i.e. Have only TACT and MARK maxed? Number of spawns = 2. If you used your TACT first then you can't use him again if you die.
4. I've been annoyed lately at what I figure to be lag issues. I was playing on the CT jet pack map and the amount of headshot kills I took was insane. I died 90% of the time against jetpack users because it will always lead to a headshot kill. I feared them that round. Not only that but also the bots (turret and drone). Those things killed in one hit. Once they saw me, I was dead. I almost rage quitted but I was with my squad. They know that I don't lose my cool but they saw it that round. How do I know it was due to lag? I got disconnected and upon reconnecting, I got put on the opposing team and I heard British accents.

BeeDog

A short SP end-part rant... (spoilaaarz)

It's a real bummer the game ended so abruptly. As I mentioned earlier, the game has everything set up for them to provide a satisfying and meaty conclusion. While playing the last level (before the space-fight part mind you), nothing really felt completely left out. Sure, the polish was certainly lacking in many of the cutscenes, but at least it felt like the resources during development were divided somewhat evenly between all the levels. Thus, I don't really agree with posters saying that the end parts felt more rushed than earlier parts of the game other than the Sopranos-style ending.

I do agree with posters that are curious/worried about how they'll continue the storyline in future games. I mean, they bombed the shit out of their planet, yet there's no real solution/end in sight. I do hope Sony provides more time to GG, because while I personally think their gameplay/level/graphics/art skills are pretty fucking excellent, it's the overall polishing skills they completely lack (or don't have time to fix). Also, I don't mind the characters/VA/story at all, and am certainly not bothered by it that much aside from some of the action-movie quips. In fact, I appreciate how damn straightforward the story is, and the bromance between Sev and Rico is alright in my book.

Dunno if anyone will agree with me though. :)

Stoffinator

BeeDog said:
A short SP end-part rant... (spoilaaarz)

It's a real bummer the game ended so abruptly. As I mentioned earlier, the game has everything set up for them to provide a satisfying and meaty conclusion. While playing the last level (before the space-fight part mind you), nothing really felt completely left out. Sure, the polish was certainly lacking in many of the cutscenes, but at least it felt like the resources during development were divided somewhat evenly between all the levels. Thus, I don't really agree with posters saying that the end parts felt more rushed than earlier parts of the game other than the Sopranos-style ending.

I do agree with posters that are curious/worried about how they'll continue the storyline in future games. I mean, they bombed the shit out of their planet, yet there's no real solution/end in sight. I do hope Sony provides more time to GG, because while I personally think their gameplay/level/graphics/art skills are pretty fucking excellent, it's the overall polishing skills they completely lack (or don't have time to fix). Also, I don't mind the characters/VA/story at all, and am certainly not bothered by it that much aside from some of the action-movie quips. In fact, I appreciate how damn straightforward the story is, and the bromance between Sev and Rico is alright in my book.

Dunno if anyone will agree with me though. :)

I actually do agree with everything you said. :-]

pixelbox

So do i. But I think I might know where they are heading with the story. I remember a ways back an interview stating...
They had different planets in mind. Maybe the Helgast has more than one? They had concept of a planet with millions of islands spotted all over it.
On another note, i will admit MP is rough but deleting the DLC fixed alot of issues. As for map design there are still many ways to get to an area. Take Frozen dam. I was getting sniped by some jack-ass standing a the pipes in the middle of the level. There was 4 ways to get this son of a bitch but the best way was the longest. Yes, the levels are different, but the gameplay is much more different as well. There will be no way to keep the level designs the same with the changes they made and you guys need to realise that. As i said before, the game is even more team based so you either have to get a team or be extremely vocal. And before it's said yes, i know the MP still needs more refinement, but it'll get there. I personally like the asymetrical maps, as i said before because each said plays differently.

Thrakier

I don't get the complaints about the KZ3 maps. I mean, come on, in KZ2 every random game ended with spawn camping and horrendous clusterfucks in chokepoints or around spawn grenades. Some people behave like that this stuff wasn't there in KZ2, but it was and it was pretty bad. If anything it got better with part 3. Maybe you are just to used to KZ2, so you are kinda blind for it's flaws.

This game really needs a hardcore mode.

CozMick

Banned
Sounds to me like you guys are just sour that KZ3 isn't KZ2 with different maps.

Seriously, the bitching in here is disgusting.

You're all for balance but want spawn grenades back......

You're all for decent map design but choose Salamun Market as a retro map.....eugh!

Matchmaking alone makes KZ3 more playable than KZ2, trying to get friends into a server on KZ2 was a joke as was the server browser.

DLC was a non-starter on KZ2, what a waste of money that was.

What I also find funny is that it's the same people that are bitching yet are still playing the shit out of it..............and then bitching some more.

Take that shit to the Killzone.com forums where GG will listen (supposedly)

by the way... while playing the amazing second half of the game i suddenly thought: WHY the fuck are people complaining about the story?.. What the fuck did they expect from a game like this? The story is FINE. In fact it's perfect for a game like this.

nib95

Banned
Thrakier said:
I don't get the complaints about the KZ3 maps. I mean, come on, in KZ2 every random game ended with spawn camping and horrendous clusterfucks in chokepoints or around spawn grenades. Some people behave like that this stuff wasn't there in KZ2, but it was and it was pretty bad. If anything it got better with part 3. Maybe you are just to used to KZ2, so you are kinda blind for it's flaws.

Agreed. I remember the KZ2 forums weren'r very different to these one's now. Just kind of highlights why it's hard to take the drama queens seriously. because for every one real complaint there's 5 over exaggerated or baseless one's.

I'm assuming half the complaints or hatred to the MP is simply because people aren't as good at KZ3 as they were KZ2. Die to easily, takes no skill comments etc. You hear these things with COD haters too, but the truth is, it does very much take skill, no more than say, Counter Strike Source (my fave online game of all time) does, despite being able to cap someone in a split second.

NHale

Thrakier said:

Exactly. I still remember the complaints about KZ2 map design, spawn camping, spawn grenades near objectives, spawning facing a wall, rockets, grenade launchers etc...

Clearly people don't like changes but while I loved Killzone 2 MP the game was clearly far from perfect.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:

There are some design flaws that put either the ISA or the Helghast team in a serious advantage (at least from a Tactician pov). For example, the blvd map seem to favor the ISA team. Once you get the TSA near the Higgs base they are basically fucked as you have a clear and safe view over the enemy base main exit point (they can't see you as they are blinded by the sun while facing the TSA) AND the mortar strike thingy right behind you. I spent a whole match as a Tactician there and my K/D ratio at the end of it was like 50/10.

Playing as a Tactician higg on the same map trying to capture that very TSA my K/D for that match was like 10/50 lol.

Edeuinu

It's hard for me to get into console mp, and I think KZ2 was actually the most I've played online, about 30 hours. I put roughly 10(?) into KZ3 mp, it's still fun, I just remember being hooked on 2 a lot more than this one.

Only disappointing thing is I told myself "I want a shooter for console I can just pop in and play" (that's not call or halo) and I just don't see myself wanting to play this much in say about 2 months.

Come on BF3....

cnizzle06

Banned
nib95 said:
Agreed. I remember the KZ2 forums weren'r very different to these one's now. Just kind of highlights why it's hard to take the drama queens seriously. because for every one real complaint there's 5 over exaggerated or baseless one's.

I'm assuming half the complaints or hatred to the MP is simply because people aren't as good at KZ3 as they were KZ2. Die to easily, takes no skill comments etc. You hear these things with COD haters too, but the truth is, it does very much take skill, no more than say, Counter Strike Source (my fave online game of all time) does, despite being able to cap someone in a split second.
Yep, I'll never understand why Killzone, moreso than any other game, is bestowed with so much uninhibited bitching. It's almost like it's the vogue thing to do exclusively for this ip. The game is all around better than killzone 2. It's easier to jump into a game. The levels aren't ridiculously small which led to huge clusterfucks. Capturable spawn points are strategically placed, as opposed to spawn grenades that caused chaos. And despite the naysayers, it's balanced; I have won atleast once on every map on either team. I can only hope that guerilla doesn't bend to half of the unfounded complaints. Otherwise, we'll have another UC2 on our hands.

Thrakier

TTP said:
There are some design flaws that put either the ISA or the Helghast team in a serious advantage (at least from a Tactician pov). For example, the blvd map seem to favor the ISA team. Once you get the TSA near the Higgs base they are basically fucked as you have a clear and safe view over the enemy base main exit point (they can't see you as they are blinded by the sun while facing the TSA) AND the mortar strike thingy right behind you. I spent a whole match as a Tactician there and my K/D ratio at the end of it was like 50/10.

Playing as a Tactician higg on the same map trying to capture that very TSA my K/D for that match was like 10/50 lol.

You say it's a design flaw. I say, it's like a real battlefield where is always one side in favor for some reason. Maybe this is just intended?

My only REAL complaint is (designwise) the framerate.

CozMick

Banned
Thrakier said:
You say it's a design flaw. I say, it's like a real battlefield where is always one side in favor for some reason. Maybe this is just intended?

My only REAL complaint is (designwise) the framerate.

I only see frame drops on Salamun, which is a horrible Warzone map anyway :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have enjoyed the story. Shrug. I have been very impressed with the facial expressions.

As for Sharpshooter, I get mine today. I will post impressions later tonight.

DMeisterJ

Banned
cnizzle06 said:
Yep, I'll never understand why Killzone, moreso than any other game, is bestowed with so much uninhibited bitching. It's almost like it's the vogue thing to do exclusively for this ip. The game is all around better than killzone 2. It's easier to jump into a game. The levels aren't ridiculously small which led to huge clusterfucks. Capturable spawn points are strategically placed, as opposed to spawn grenades that caused chaos. And despite the naysayers, it's balanced; I have won atleast once on every map on either team. I can only hope that guerilla doesn't bend to half of the unfounded complaints. Otherwise, we'll have another UC2 on our hands.
Well fucking put.

Facism

CozMick said:
Sounds to me like you guys are just sour that KZ3 isn't KZ2 with different maps.

You're all for decent map design but choose Salamun Market as a retro map.....eugh!

Matchmaking alone makes KZ3 more playable than KZ2, trying to get friends into a server on KZ2 was a joke as was the server browser.

What I also find funny is that it's the same people that are bitching yet are still playing the shit out of it..............and then bitching some more.

this is a discussion forum, not a circle-jerk.

Game has many problems. TSPs don't fucking work. GG came out and said they thought people were too stupid to use spawn nades. Well, looks like people are too stupid to know TSPs exist, too. We've played many clan games. 2 things happen in this organised play. We take all the TSPs and dominate the other team, or they take them all and we get dominated.

There is no dynamic, shifting skirmishes anymore. No shifting of resources and bases dependant on objectives. No implied leadership via the tactician role.

People play on Salamun because despite the changes they've made, it's a proven and excellent public and competitive map. One of the best designed console mp maps to have ever come out. It takes the piss that a map designed for killzone 2's gameplay performs better in gameplay and flow than maps designed for Killzone 3's gameplay.

People aren't sour that this isn't Killzone 2. People are sour that they didn't build upon Killzone 2 in a positive and expansive manner. They literally had the foundation in KZ2 to build upon to make something even more brilliant. But instead, we lose squad spawning, we lose server lists (yes, they can work with matchmaking too), we lose the decent clan system for scheduling and playing. For a good number of us, they've regressed or totally totally removed thigns that made KZ2 great.

but hey you can continue to put down the opinions of others who hold criticism. I certainly won't post any passive-aggressive insecure bullshit that our lot are getting from some of you. It's good that you enjoy the game as is.

Cagen

CozMick said:

If you are going to make comments like that just to rile people up then don't comment on the map discussion. You, I and everyone else should know Salamun Market was (was being the operative word) the best Killzone 2 map by far for balance, flow and gameplay.

As for matchmaking it is completely ruining clan games as far as I am concerned. You have to remember that a lot of the comments from the more "hardcore", "passionate", "fanboy" players or what eve you want to call them are coming from a clan perspective, not from random games. Personally I couldn't care ifthe maps are a terribly designed unbalanced mess in public games but then I also rarely play public games.

The maps are overall horrendous for competitive play and the match making for clan games is a ridiculous idea, we sit in matchmaking for ~15 minutes trying to find a clan, when we finally do it's against a squad of 5 and puts you in a "random" map, I emphasise random as out of around 10 clan matches I've played 7 have been on Phyruss Crater, which is the joint worst map for clan games along with Turbine Concourse (which I've played twice). Now the patch is supposedly going to fix the unbalanced clan games but of the 10 matches only 2 have been with squads of 7 or more which means we will be sitting in matchmaking even longer, ridiculous. Match making also gives you no time for organisation or tactics either, besides basic map tactics as it pits you against a random team and on a random map.

Now, yes, I could sign up with a third party for clan tournaments or at least I could if/when we have custom games but I don't have the time or inclination to do that. The system they had in K2 was good, it needed tweaking, god forbid I have to navigate that tournament list again but this matchmaking nonsense is not working.

There's not a single decent map to play that either doesn't give one side a huge advantage or only has one TSP meaning the first team to reach it inevitably win the match. They even changed, for the worse, the best Killzone 2 map putting Exos on it, littering it with crap ruining visibility, putting WASP launchers on it and changing the location of the damn objectives.

It's a joke for clans really. How a developer can go from having one of, if not the best games for clan options, tournaments and matches to this is beyond me.

CozMick

Banned
I actually found Arctower Landing as the best designed map in killzone 2, but that was from a bodycount perspective, I ain't trying to "rile" anyone up.

Also, what exactly is wrong with the Bilgarsk Boulevard layout? I actually find it as the most enjoyable map in both KZ2 and 3.

This game and KZ2 were never ever focused around clans, that was and is an afterthought, clearly. as with every game, pub games are the majority and well, I think GG did a great job.

But if you are indeed coming from a clan only perspective then GG just don't care it seems.

I don't have a problem at all with people giving constructive critisism, but when you enter a thread of a game you personally love playing and all you see is people who apparently just play the game to find faults and bitch (which some people seem to be doing) then it becomes tiresome.

V-Gief

One of the most annoying parts of the EXO's and WASP's on Salamun Market(other than them being there in the first place)is the constant shaking of the screen when the explosion go off. That combined with the framerate dropping due to said explosions is just infuriating. I'd love to see the EXO's go and the WASP's either removed or changed into chaingun turrets.

Renewman

Banned
Facism said:
this is a discussion forum, not a circle-jerk.

Then like he said before, take it to Killzone.com instead of arguing about it here. If you are so intent on wanting these changes, that forum would be the appropriate place to do so hmm?

M-Mole

Neo Member
Finally got the multiplayer to work after reading that the Netgear DGN1000 router wont work with this game, so i tried my old router and it worked straight away.

Im sure other routers have problems with this game so some of you might want to try your old router if you have one (until they release a patch).

Multiplayer Impression

At first i didnt like the mp, i think it was because a good number of the maps are not newbie friendly. I kept on getting shot in the back alot and couldnt get a good sense of direction.
But after playing for 3 hours now im really starting to like it. Ive been playing mainly as a medic using the big machine gun with the machine pistol as secondary for fun close range kills.

My only real problem at the moment might be small for some but im really struggling to understand why snipers can spawn with an automatic rifle. It leads to them camping in corners fully cloaked then spraying you in the ass when u walk past. Is there some sort of disadvantage for the snipers choosing the automatic rifle as primary weapon? less health? less cloak time? if not then i would like to see them fix that.

Im starting to like a good number of the maps(i dont think ive played them all yet) i dont really know the full names.

Crater green thing
Jungle
Snow drift (the large snow map with slow down)
graveyard (i think thats the one with the overhead roads/bridge)
another level with snow (close combat, i think its on an oil rig)
Stargate

I miss throwing blood packs in people's face's to heal them :(

Hi to everyone, ive been a long time lurker of neogaf and im gonna try post more cya around :)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am still learning how to best use my Engineer in MP. I am not as concerned right now as some of you about how matches are turning out. People are still learning the maps, learning controls, learning strategies; etc. In time, patches will come but also, people will learn how to play better. Thus, a suggestion to those that are frustrated would be to focus your energy in just playing your role and let the game come to you. Not saying the critiques are wrong. Just be patient.

Halcyon

nib95 said:
Just went 16-1 on Kazan Jungle in Guerilla Warfare. So awesome lol.
I have rounds like that occassionally. I like watching all the accolades pop up.

Most kills
Best k/d ratio
Most kill assists
Most head shots
Most revives
10 m82 kills
5 medi droid kills
Etc etc

It just kinda sucks because there's nobody else that can see it. I think my dog is impressed when I point them out though. Sad face.

CozMick said:

Well I think the general gameplay is all around better in KZ3, but the maps really kill the whole thing as they are really really badly designed. Spawn grenades were a big argument point when KZ2 was around, there was constant whining and discussions on them with lot of folks calling for their removal or overhauls to the system. The current Spawn system capture in KZ3 is not a bad idea, but again the implementation and awful map set ups make it not work so well.

Also despite people whining of lag, KZ2 was a VERY laggy game and really KZ3 so far has been a much smoother game for me when it comes to lag. People like to act like "lagzone 2" wasn't a common name tossed around for that game.

Stuff can be added and fixed with patches still, it's only been 1 week out so I think things can improve. But despite all the improvements made, the crappy maps are going to hurt this game as it's not something that can be fixed.

X-Frame

V-Gief said:
One of the most annoying parts of the EXO's and WASP's on Salamun Market(other than them being there in the first place)is the constant shaking of the screen when the explosion go off. That combined with the framerate dropping due to said explosions is just infuriating. I'd love to see the EXO's go and the WASP's either removed or changed into chaingun turrets.
I'd think it would be a good idea to change out the WASP's for emplaced chain turrets as well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If I'm pointing out flaws, doesn't mean I'm bitching for bitching sakes, being called drama queen, cause my opinion doesn't fit with your reality of how the game play is just stick's and stones

I'm a passionate player, sometimes I get mad, and this gaming forum is my release

I'm here to lay-out my opinions of what I see is hurting KZ3 and see if anyone else has had similar experiences, and maybe through constructive criticism we maybe can create feedback for the dev

I was in the closed/open BETA, I posted as much as possible in there, hell I even posted some of the problems in the kz3betaforums (FF/KZObsessed, even helped me by posting my suggestions), and some of them did get patched in to the game, and some are coming through the miracle patch

You know what, go back 3-4 pages and look for that essay I wrote regarding maps, tell me I'm whining for whining sakes, I put some thought into that, and saw what could benefit this game and hoped we could maybe start up a conversation and maybe create a nice feedback post and post it at the KZ3 forums

In this thread I have given tips/tricks, answered people's questions, tried to have good banter (that maybe, you never know, someone might be watching/reading [the dreamer in me]), and show of thing I think the game stumbled up on

This board does give you the Ignore button for a reason, if you just want your HD Graphixz and have your high-five circle jerk, you can bypass me

I still will be posting my opinions, criticisms, helpful tips/tricks, note feedback and build upon it

So as the Meme goes "Deal With It!"...sunglasses fall down over GRX smirk

Facism

Renewman said:
Then like he said before, take it to Killzone.com instead of arguing about it here. If you are so intent on wanting these changes, that forum would be the appropriate place to do so hmm?

Discussion forum. Plus killzone.com is an open sewer and GG reads GAF.

Top Bottom