• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mickcenary said:
Awesome. So, thanks to the absolutely FUCKED jet pack Move controls, I just had one of the most frustrating FPS experiences ever.

You mean the SP ones right? Those are bugged (to be fixed with a patch). MP controls are perfectly fine.

Halcyon

mickcenary said:
Awesome. So, thanks to the absolutely FUCKED jet pack Move controls, I just had one of the most frustrating FPS experiences ever.
In single player?

If that's the case I found that if I turned the camera rotation from 70(what I use) down to like 20 or 30, the jetpack sections in single player worked fine. Unless your just talking about the game part and not how it controls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Renewman said:
Then like he said before, take it to Killzone.com instead of arguing about it here. If you are so intent on wanting these changes, that forum would be the appropriate place to do so hmm?

Yeah, because GG is going to redesign all of the maps at this point >.>

Thrakier

I stil don't get the complaints.

In my experience a lot of Tacts are going for TSPs and they change quite often too. As a tact player only so far, I always had the impression that I can change the outcome of a match. Of course, it's quite often the case that one team has simply the better players.

I also can't understand the comments about the "missing flow". I remember the clusterfucks in KZ2 (throwing spawn grenades directly in front of the objective), you consider this flow? I didn't have clusterfucks nearly as big as in KZ2 so far. In my book, that's an improvement. Although I really like the concept of spawn grenades, but they just didn't work.

The only unbalanced thing I can think of is the middle TSP on Frozen Dam which is closer to the ISA imo.

Oh, and also: The bitching is imo about the same as it was when KZ2 released. Maybe even less. There is a reason that the "Fix this shit" meme existed back then.

TTP said:
You mean the SP ones right? Those are bugged (to be fixed with a patch). MP controls are perfectly fine.
too bad it wasn't fixed allready... but i fixed that part with adjusting the move sliders. But it's really really a shame that it wasn't right in the first place. A shame.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
commish said:
Yeah, because GG is going to redesign all of the maps at this point >.>

Maybe they can tweak shit here and there

No one is saying throw everything out the fucking window and start it again from scratch

Maybe people ask + say big things to get attention maybe eyeballs to their viewpoint, very little they get heard and it happens, most of the time they don't

A little whisper done by thousands of people = louder than 1 person screaming at the top of his lungs

I'm just hoping the discussions had are seen, GAF does hold some power in the industry, even if it's not admitted, it is a privilege we get to post and maybe these discussions can lead maybe someone reading and bringing it up to the dev

So far from the thread:

Move finally has a AAA game, that rather than forcing the game to adopt Move, it allows it to work in synergy with it (little faults here and there, but nothing game infuriating)

SP is beautiful, the graphics are gorgeous, GG really shines with their Tech and understand the PS3 architecture very well, the in game pics taken are the PR for this Developer, no bullet points needed

MP on the other hand is split. It's either a new experience from it's predecessor, with new features/modes (Operations, TSA, EXO [ugh]) or it's taken away it's soul by removing key features (spawn on squad leader, the gutting of clan options, custom games, valor points) and the planning of the MP feels half-assed

GG really needs to be more engaged, not daily, but weekly?...hell even monthly regarding updates/tweaks/address the community...even if just to throw PR bullshit

Operations is a hit, but 3 maps and no more maps announced for it through DLC by the dev, is like a cake made out of shit, with amazing icing that covers it, just cause it looks good from the outside, doesn't mean it will not taste like shit

TTP Move options needs to be re-posted every page (<3 TTP, but the request are funny close to every page) Just add it in to the OT LOL

Pics, Pics, and More HD Pics, yet the infamous .gifs that made KZ2 are nowhere to be seen for KZ3, would like to have some amazing gifs

Ending left many salty

Massa

Thrakier said:

In my experience a lot of Tacts are going for TSPs and they change quite often too. As a tact player only so far, I always had the impression that I can change the outcome of a match. Of course, it's quite often the case that one team has simply the better players.

I also can't understand the comments about the "missing flow". I remember the clusterfucks in KZ2 (throwing spawn grenades directly in front of the objective), you consider this flow? I didn't have clusterfucks nearly as big as in KZ2 so far. In my book, that's an improvement. Although I really like the concept of spawn grenades, but they just didn't work.

The only unbalanced thing I can think of is the middle TSP on Frozen Dam which is closer to the ISA imo.

Oh, and also: The bitching is imo about the same as it was when KZ2 released. Maybe even less. There is a reason that the "Fix this shit" meme existed back then.

You don't even need the middle TSP in Frozen Dam to win the match, specially if you have a sniper or two then the middle TSP is just a death trap for ISA. I used to spend the entire match trying to control the middle one during the beta, now I just capture the first one and use a different class for the rest of the game.

Thrakier said:

I agree, I prefer the way tacts work now, I think the biggest issue is merely the poor map designs which cause issues with the spawn points are located, or the need for potentially more spawns to add tactical flexibility. Spawn grenades where a mess design wise especially when you had so many objective turn into clusterfucks as both sides would dump spawns right ontop of an objective.

Thrakier

Hm...I guess it would be nice if they could bring back spawn grenades for clan matches only. So you kinda have the best of two worlds. They won't do that though...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Spawn grenades were balanced once they added no invincibility.

Be a dumbass and throw the nade right in front of the objective = it will get camped and you will die as soon as you spawn.

Throw nade relatively close to the objective, defend it while your team is spawning = tides of the battle turned.

Now this still doesn't address idiots who don't know how to use them, but some blame falls on GG for not providing in-game info on just how some of the tactics work.

GraveRobberX

alr1ghtstart said:

Be a dumbass and throw the nade right in front of the objective = it will get camped and you will die as soon as you spawn.

Throw nade relatively close to the objective, defend it while your team is spawning = tides of the battle turned.

Just place spawn grenade areas on the maps, you can put it in areas away from objectives
If certain objectives going, you can only place at certain places

(Think the map getting bright ass red when it's Assassination)
So if C&H, some areas vanish, but others spawn grenade areas appear, if S&D, the closest you can be is a certain Meter, Feet, Yard w/e the f you want to use

Also no smoke to let the other team know where you are spawning
Fix the spawn backwards (cause most never learn)

Games that aren't COD, hell even COD thrown in, most games need MP tutorials, telling the player what each mode is and what there role is (be it class based or run n' gun)
(Almost do a Aptitude test for it, add trophies, rewards, unlock points, w/e to do the tutorials)

BFBC2 could have benefited with tutorials, most shooters would, but that COD virus if really hard to vaccinate (that youtube video was hilarious, but got it's point across)

alr1ghtstart said:

Now this still doesn't address idiots who don't know how to use them, but some blame falls on GG for not providing in-game info on just how some of the tactics work.

Game was still a clusterfuck even with invincibility spawn protection added to the nades.

As with anything it can work out great if players do things right, but with all things MP related, the average gamer does shit wrong.

alr1ght

BattleMonkey said:
As with anything it can work out great if players do things right, but with all things MP related, the average gamer does shit wrong.

Well their solution for KZ3 still doesn't fix the "dumbass player" problem, making it somewhat worse.

There should be tutorial videos that you must watch prior to being able to select a specific skill. At the very least, the Loading screens (which you could read a novel on due to the time) should be way more specific on how to use skills.

Facism

I think one thing that could probably be agreed upon is that the game could benefit from a tutorial video on the classes and game mechanics in warzone.

[edit]alrightstart looking over my shoulder confirmed :p

GraveRobberX

BattleMonkey said:

So if the average player doesn't give a fuck, the Developer should not give a fuck too?

I think every FPS should be, player, gun, and 1 objective: KILL!

Only stat = KDR, nothing else, fuck teamwork, I want to be the BEST!, MLG is looking for players, I can be the next T-Square

Thrakier

alr1ghtstart said:
Well their solution for KZ3 still doesn't fix the "dumbass player" problem, making it somewhat worse.

I don't get it. How does it make things worse? I don't even see a chance how this can get worse from a KZ2 perspective.

alr1ghtstart said:

There should be tutorial videos that you must watch prior to being able to select a specific skill. At the very least, the Loading screens (which you could read a novel on due to the time) should be way more specific on how to use skills.

KZ3's spawn problem is pretty much purely map design. It's a simple system that pretty much harkens back to capture spawn mechanics of the BF series, it's up to the players to defend them.

But again the map design and placement just suck.

GraveRobberX said:
So if the average player doesn't give a fuck, the Developer should not give a fuck too?

I think every FPS should be, player, gun, and 1 objective: KILL!

Only stat = KDR, nothing else, fuck teamwork, I want to be the BEST!, MLG is looking for players, I can be the next T-Square

Putting words in my mouth I see. Never said anything of the sort. KZ3 spawn problems have nothing to do with the system they put in place. The KZ2 system was awful despite how it was "supposed" to be done, GG never made it work right and players consistently used it wrong. The system in 3 is a much simpler system that is no different from any other game with spawn capturing objectives. Again it's a problem of poor map design.

GG has stuff to improve on no doubt, and they have to try and refine what they have no since the maps are not going to get fixed easily.

Massa

There's no solution to the "dumbass player" problem. Or rather, the solution is to use the spawning system from Guerrilla Warfare, which would take the tactical element out of Warzone.

The problem with KZ2's system is that the game was filled with players who actually enjoyed the clusterfucks. There's nothing to "teach" these people. With the addition of TSP and a TDM mode for them that shit is mostly not a problem in KZ3/Warzone anymore.

alr1ght

Thrakier said:
I don't get it. How does it make things worse? I don't even see a chance how this can get worse from a KZ2 perspective.

KZ2
Idiot throws terrible spawn grenades (you won't spawn on them)
-Stuck in base
Squad leader can race out and you spawn on him

KZ3
No one caps TSP
-Stuck in base
-Lololo you're fucked

The maps are a huge element of the problem though.

alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
-Stuck in base

KZ3
No one caps TSP
-Stuck in base
-Lololo you're fucked

The lack of squad spawn is what is wrong with KZ3 really, the whole TSP system would be perfectly fine if they kept in squad spawn.

Battlefield games have similar issue where once you lose the outward spawns you are stuck in the far away shitty base. They at least have squad spawning which gave teams a chance to retake spawn points

Thrakier

alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
-Stuck in base

KZ3
No one caps TSP
-Stuck in base
-Lololo you're fucked

No once caps TSPs? That's not my experience from random games. There is always someone going for TSPs, including myself. And I had no severe case of base camping. I had those in KZ2 like...every 2 or 3 games, worst offender was Tharsis if I remeber right. Hm...although...it was bad on every map, except Phyrrus.

alr1ght

I've played many a game with gaf to know that if you grab all the TSPs, baserape is the likely outcome.

The problem would be lessened even more if all classes could cap the spawns, just at a lesser rate than Tacs.

Facism

BattleMonkey said:
The lack of squad spawn is what is wrong with KZ3 really, the whole TSP system would be perfectly fine if they kept in squad spawn.

Battlefield games have similar issue where once you lose the outward spawns you are stuck in the far away shitty base. They at least have squad spawning which gave teams a chance to retake spawn points

I agree with this man.

Thrakier said:
No once caps TSPs? That's not my experience from random games. There is always someone going for TSPs, including myself. And I had no severe case of base camping. I had those in KZ2 like...every 2 or 3 games, worst offender was Tharsis if I remeber right. Hm...although...it was bad on every map, except Phyrrus.

The current issue really is that it's hard to retake spawns once the enemy gets ahold of them. Again it's largely a map based issue as many of the TSP's are located around choke points that turn into big messes and rarely do spawn turn sides once captured.

Things would be more interesting if the spawns could be easier to retake and if there was more of them on a map for more flexibility in where you approach from. And with no squad spawning it is also usually very easy to hold a spawn and never get it taken back especially with stuff like drones and turrets placed to defend them along with constant spawning happening at the spots.

It should be easier to take the spawns as well as a quicker way to lock out spawning on the TSP locations while you attempt to take them. I play mainly tactician and even when I get to an undefended TSP, chances are your going to get caught by the countless spawning enemis on that position who can kill you very quick.

Massa

alr1ghtstart said:
I've played many a game with gaf to know that if you grab all the TSPs, baserape is the likely outcome.

The problem would be lessened even more if all classes could cap the spawns, just at a lesser rate than Tacs.

And if you play many games of Bad Company 2 with gaf you'll also see that base rape is a likely outcome.

If one team is much better than the other then that's just how it is. That, or take the tactical elements out of the game.

Massa said:
And if you play many games of Bad Company 2 with gaf you'll also see that base rape is a likely outcome.

If one team is much better than the other then that's just how it is. That, or take the tactical elements out of the game.

BC2 though lets you at least squad spawn, so a player sneaks around and can retake the spawn points. KZ3 gives you no option like that and with most of the maps full of choke points, players get trapped in their bases.

GraveRobberX

You know what they can do to make TSA's better, that every other class can neutralize the TSA to neutral

If you want to keep that TSA either have a dedicated TACT who hovers, yet protects the area

Too many times I have seen, TACT's cap the TSA then you see them vanish from the are hunting for kills, rather than the kills come to them (depending on objective running)

It's kind of stupid that only TACTs can capture and neutralize, if other class can bring it to back to the middle, it would create more tension to keep and hold TSA's, more opportunities for each side

Right now lose all TSA get ready to be closed in little by little, keep pushing back and back, and with the Health not up to KZ2, random burst shot running out of base can kill you, or 1 VC32 Sniper Rifle bullet puts you down

So it's really hard, another crazy solution can be, that if 0 TSA's for the other side, the team invincibility spawn rate increase by a second every 5 seconds you gain 1 second more of spawn invincibility, until 10 seconds worth, so spawn 10 seconds are there for you use
(Yes this sounds retarded, it's crazy, but hey it's something)

nib95

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
-Stuck in base

KZ3
No one caps TSP
-Stuck in base
-Lololo you're fucked

So isn't the point to just capture TSP's? I believe the fact that you don't spawn on the team leader sort of helps to keep things less clusterfuck. Imo, KZ2 suffered from a lot for congestion than KZ3 does currently, that can't be a bad thing. That being said, I'm not a Vet Warzone player so who knows. All I know is thus far KZ3 seems a bit more balanced and less chaotic. But i've only played a handful of Warzone games and each time I got a crash before the game ended lol.

Massa

BattleMonkey said:
BC2 though lets you at least squad spawn, so a player sneaks around and can retake the spawn points. KZ3 gives you no option like that and with most of the maps full of choke points, players get trapped in their bases.

True. But KZ3 gives you better tools for getting out of your base, like recon for Tacts, cloak for Marksman, boost for Infiltrators.

nib95 said:
So isn't the point to just capture TSP's? I believe the fact that you don't spawn on the team leader sort of helps to keep things less clusterfuck. Imo, KZ2 suffered from a lot for congestion than KZ3 does currently, that can't be a bad thing.

But the problem is only one class can capture and neutralize a TSP. You often get TSP swarmed by the enemy but they have no tactician with them so it's just a clusterfuck of spawn camping and explosions. Other classes have no purpose when it comes to capturing TSPs.

Everyone should be able to take out a TSP, at least make it so that the Tactician is the only one that can capture it, but allow other players to turn off the spawning

Massa said:
True. But KZ3 gives you better tools for getting out of your base, like recon for Tacts, cloak for Marksman, boost for Infiltrators.

But it usually is hard or next to impossible to get out of a base because again of the shitty map choke points. Also the big issue also is in objective modes that once a team is back up into the corner, the other team dominated the field and easily is able to perform the various objectives while the other team is stuck trying to fight out of the base. The side that caps all the TSP's will pretty much always win all the objectives.

Facism

BattleMonkey said:
The current issue really is that it's hard to retake spawns once the enemy gets ahold of them. Again it's largely a map based issue as many of the TSP's are located around choke points that turn into big messes and rarely do spawn turn sides once captured.

Things would be more interesting if the spawns could be easier to retake and if there was more of them on a map for more flexibility in where you approach from.

Agreed. The game also needs more feedback for the team in regards to TSPs. Directional arrows on the edge of the radar pointing to each spawn and whether it's friendly or not, something like that. I mean, they are probably the most important feature of Warzone.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/iq9bms.jpg

Kind of like that, but the TSP status doesn't block out any other radar information such as players, bleeding out or turrets.

JB1981

I think the playerbase is starting to better understand Warzone because i had a well coordinated game with the team I played with last night and they were all randoms. Lince didn't respond to my request to join FTSG. :(

X-Frame

I actually like the idea of anyone being able to neutralize an enemy TSP (slowly by themselves, but quicker in groups with non-Tacts), but not being able to capture it.

I really, REALLY like that idea.

GraveRobberX

nib95 said:
So isn't the point to just capture TSP's? I believe the fact that you don't spawn on the team leader sort of helps to keep things less clusterfuck. Imo, KZ2 suffered from a lot for congestion than KZ3 does currently, that can't be a bad thing. That being said, I'm not a Vet Warzone player so who knows. All I know is thus far KZ3 seems a bit more balanced and less chaotic. But i've only played a handful of Warzone games and each time I got a crash before the game ended lol.

If you are in a clan, and all the players know their defined roles and have tactics and so does the other side, the game can be amazing

You see most shooters are really shying away from teamwork, just appeasing the LCD (lowest common denominator) and then quietly putting modes to keep the core and hardcore

The thing is TSA are controlled by 1 class, TACT, they capture and can neutralize, they have a defined role, and that role is VITAL!, it is the most important thing for this game, control the points, control the flow

But when you have players who just don't give a fuck and are in it for the KDR and stat whoring, what is the point of playing KZ3

I like KZ2 cause it was class based, something different from the rest
Spawn grenades, turrets, droids, bots, the graphics, objectives that switched over time, kept the games running fresh
KZ3 is stuck by trying to incorporate too many things from it's competition
You hated the too much health, gone
You hated spawn grenades, gone
Hate clusterfucks, gon...haha now there bottlenecks created by shitty map designs, not by players who didn't know how to place those grenades
We lowered health so you can get a bajillion kills
Those stats overload we offered from SP to MP in KZ2, gone, stats are useless, NERDS!
Don't Worry if you lose you still get x1.25, only -.25 than the winner
Only time one hit kills were registered were Headshots by the Sniper Rifle/Shotty/Assualt rifle, now one hit kills = the Marksman with the VC32 Rifle, Shotty from Mid range w/o the head shot, you just need to be shooting in the vicinity of the enemy's character hitbox, and hooray kill

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
I think the playerbase is starting to better understand Warzone because i had a well coordinated game with the team I played with last night and they were all randoms. Lince didn't respond to my request to join FTSG. :(
Just like in BFBC2, I think KZ3 will fluctuate from game to game as far as how well people play their role, but the joy of when it all comes together will supersede the disappointment of when it doesn't. This will keep people coming back.

Massa

BattleMonkey said:
But the problem is only one class can capture and neutralize a TSP. You often get TSP swarmed by the enemy but they have no tactician with them so it's just a clusterfuck of spawn camping and explosions. Other classes have no purpose when it comes to capturing TSPs.

Everyone should be able to take out a TSP, at least make it so that the Tactician is the only one that can capture it, but allow other players to turn off the spawning

But it usually is hard or next to impossible to get out of a base because again of the shitty map choke points. Also the big issue also is in objective modes that once a team is back up into the corner, the other team dominated the field and easily is able to perform the various objectives while the other team is stuck trying to fight out of the base. The side that caps all the TSP's will pretty much always win all the objectives.

Honestly, spawn raping just hasn't been a problem for me with this game. It does happen, but I'll just quit and play on a different server, just like I'm used to coming from BC2.

Facism said:
Agreed. The game also needs more feedback for the team in regards to TSPs. Directional arrows on the edge of the radar pointing to each spawn and whether it's friendly or not, something like that. I mean, they are probably the most important feature of Warzone.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/iq9bms.jpg

Kind of like that, but the TSP status doesn't block out any other radar information such as players, bleeding out or turrets.

That would be great. I hate how the TSP appears on the screen when playing as Tact and it should definitely show that info on for everyone else too.

Thrakier

I guess the idea that other classes could neutralize TSPs is pretty good. That should make recapture TSPs easier. I think squad leader spawning get's kinda in the way of TSPs concept.

Massa

X-Frame said:
I actually like the idea of anyone being able to neutralize an enemy TSP (slowly by themselves, but quicker in groups with non-Tacts), but not being able to capture it.

I really, REALLY like that idea.

I don't think that would work. While you're slowly trying to capture a TSP as a non-Tact keep in mind the enemy will continue to spawn there...

I gave up trying to play Tact when I got the game because it just doesn't work when it's slow to capture. I went to play GW to get my points to upgrade the class first.

^ You can always be an infiltrator or marksman, and stay somewhere closer to the TSP. The usual tendency of people when they spawn is to run away from spawn point as soon as they spawn, so they wouldn't notice.

GraveRobberX

Massa said:
I don't think that would work. While you're slowly trying to capture a TSP as a non-Tact keep in mind the enemy will continue to spawn there...

I gave up trying to play Tact when I got the game because it just doesn't work when it's slow to capture. I went to play GW to get my points to upgrade the class first.

How great would it be a Infiltrator in disguise can hold a TSA and quietly reduce the timer, and make it neutral

Then due to it being neutral, you are at least giving your team a chance, at least it would motivate other classes to go to the TSA, most classes just bypass it if the TSA is held by the other team, why die?, you cant do anything about it unless a team TACT is there or needs help

Also a quick note, if you are a TACT and cap a TSA even if it gets neutral, if you die, you are given 1 more chance until the bar is half way full to the other side, I've done this multiple times, also have been killed by this multiple times

TTP said:

In single player?

Yep. Sorry, I should have clarified that. In MP they are fine. What's with them not rolling out the change for both MP and SP simultaneously?

GraveRobberX

mickcenary said:
Yep. Sorry, I should have clarified that. In MP they are fine. What's with them not rolling out the change for both MP and SP simultaneously?

"Time Constraints/We are working on it", but don't worry look at the new Map Pack we are releasing, did you get the Sharpshooter for Immersion, or how about 3D for Super Full Immersion, or Sharpshooter + 3D for the Super Duper Full Immersion

/GG

retro pack deleted. that endless loop bug was beyond aggravating. i just tried rejoining warzone about 10 times in a row and kept getting thrown into S. Market.

nib95

Banned
I feel sorry for the newcomers. In TDM I keep getting pipped against low rankers and they are getting OBLITERATED. I think the last 5 games my k/d ratio must have been like 4-5/1 or something. Game needs to sort out balancing.

Top Bottom